KrisP VS PGE Turow footage

@Broadway

Explain why it was flawed from the beginning. I would be curious to know where you pick the starting point.

When he was traded I knew we didn’t have the championship assets yet due to a depleted roster. I was banking on a good showing that year and a better run the next year (with better assets). That never really happened (for one reason or another) But, who was instrumental/ who was the main person responsible for still getting us to the post season both times?

Agree, so with the evidence that free agency showed us which there were a small crop of fans who knew this plan was flawed from the beginning going way back...knowing free agency would prove to be a fail......what would you have done with the 4th pick(knowing Carmelo would have no help in free agency?)

You weren't amongst the large mob of fans who thought free agency was gonna be a payoff did you? Not someone who has taken the time to break things down granually as you have. With no help in free agency...Melo has already shown over and over he's not capable of taking average rosters to new heights. Therefore what should have been done with the 4th pick?

I already gave several players that have certain skill sets to go along with mellos game. Melo plays from the corners, breaks down his defender to either penetrate, dish it or wish it. It’s his way of setting up the opposition. When the double team comes he can dish it in the paint or to a athletic cutting guard. As seen many times with Chandler and JR. swish…but we all know they were inconsistent and unreliable. I’ve posted a few people that can play that role and I’m sure there are more I’ve over looked. We need a big man that plays the boards and defense…offense is often made off of energetic defensive play. Melo gaining an 7 foot 3 team mate known for shooting from the outside is not a good fit…especially when “said” person isn’t hitting those shots. I don’t know of any player that can take an average roster (or ours) to the promise land, I’ve never seen that happened on any team, have you?

@TKF

First of all carmelo was not placed in this position. This situation is one that carmelo created himself, from forcing himself here in a trade from the first place.

I wanted the player but never wanted to give up all those pieces. I wanted to keep Wilson and Mozgov, or at least one of them. That trade was ridiculous, another example of ill management.

really? how is that, if after 13 years his appetite for winning wasn't already big, after collecting millions in payments from the nuggets and knicks, why should I or anyone else feel that this will change after he got another big deal and has a bad knee, at this point in his career? that doesn't make sense.... parrish and kid? both guys had history of winning, they have a history of playing winning ball, it only makes sense that they would continue that well into their later years. Carmelo is not like those guys. We have history and a track record to prove that...

Are you saying Melo isn’t a winner? Are you saying he’s not someone that is a clear piece to the winning puzzle? Who was the player on our team that was influential in getting us into the post season? I.m sure our track record will show that.

him forcing his way here is the reason why the roster was constructed poorly, couldn't he have waited to come as a free agent? oh but wait, he wanted more money.. again, this is a situation caused largely in part by his own doing.

I don’t see a force move. I see someone that wanted to play in New York and thought Amare would be someone that would have contributed to the team winning. In fact…it was Amare that hinder the team with his bloated contract and lack of playing time and declining game. We were stuck in a bad position and Amare had a HUGH part in that…but I don’t hear any of that being mentioned.

so wait, carmelo excuse was changing rosters, bad players, etc.. dantoni doesn't get those excuses huh? although he had to deal with the same thing and had a fake star carmelo shoved on him.. yet dantoni was a bust under the same circumstances in which caremlo is the victim? wow... ok..
Dantonio was a weak and stubborn coach, everyone knows that. Your opinion of melo seems to be based on things other than his game. If not...tell me who was playing better than him on our team? Who lead us into the playoffs with an insipid team, twice?

won? win what, ECF? TITLe? I think that is clear, lebron has taken lesser talented teams to the finals.. lebron is 10x the player carmelo is, why even engage in these hypotheticals.. we have lebrons actual work, and we have carmelo actual work.. carmelo had both shumpert and JR, lebron had them as well and went to the finals with them.. I am not sure how this helps your point.

I’m glad you realize that lebron is an exceptional talent. I also have history here with members saying he will never win a chip. But that’s neither here nor there because I’m not the one comparing him to Lebron…you are. I’m saying Melo is a rare high quality player that you should invest in if he’s the only one doing jack on your team. Just like lebron/Bryant/ Jordan all had teams with players that complimented their style of play. JR and SHump helped Lebron ALONG with Irving, Love, and other players. It wasn’t Lebron and only JR and Shump, c’mon… you know what happened with that situation and it panned out to be a failure. Point and case…

yono these are just another long line of excuses for carmelo and this also comes from someone who plays this game religiously and has done so for over 30 years..( I really don't understand how that legitimizes any point you or I am making, but ok, I'll play along)

You play this game? Then tell me why were we failing? Who were the weak links? Who was doing what they do best? Who was contributing? Who was our best asset on the floor? Who was the most consistent player on the team? It's your turn to elaborate...as I already have.

earn the status? who on the knicks has earned such a status ? certainly a broken down carmelo hasn't.. I think it is better said that the future of the knicks hinges greatly on the success of porzingis. He is the guy the knicks drafted to go forward with, and not only him, guys like grant are also important to the knicks future... carmelo is collecting checks and the best thing for the knicks is to hope we suck enough to where he demands a trade and the rebuilding effort can go full blown.

And it is this kind of mentality that gets this franchise nowhere. “To hell with a proven talent that routinely makes the allstar game, to hell with the player that got us to the post season twice (with a weak roster)! I don’t want him….I rather take my chances with an uncertainty, A player that has clear flaws that needs to be remedy asap, A player that most of us have never heard or saw before. Yeh, wow, okaaay. Hmmm

I don't like it and that is the flaw here. if carmelo is the best thing we have now, then we are in trouble. and do you really think phil drafted porzingis with carmelo in mind? really? is that what you think?

WHAT? If he didn’t drafted him with melo in mind then why sign him? This is the whole point I’ve been making… but you guys seem to think I’m on some melo love and Porzingis hate trip. I’m all about pairing talents and putting a product on the floor for the fans to enjoy. This is not happening; I’m in no mood to be wishing on a future prospect that is showing us obvious issues. We had better opportunities and I’ve discussed and linked that… in detail.

I agree it was sloppy, but I also think that it wasn't phils idea to sign carmelo, but he should take part of the blame. he signed him

ill management I tell you…dysfunctional organization is evident.

if his idea of signing porzingis was a way of showing dolan he is still going to rebuild going a different direction then he shouldn't have gone out and signed guys like lopez and alfalo. that to me just compounded the mistakes.

More ill management. I guess phil should have polished those rings a bit before showing them off to the free agents. He was mistaken big time. And I’m almost certain Jkid and Tyson told Monroe how dysfunctional this organization was. Trying to acquire this dude after drafting Porzingis was a laughable feat. I don’t know how he didn’t see that coming.

I don't think phil like carmelo, and I don't blame him. I also think phil as a GM may be in over his head. GREAT coach tho!!

Perhaps you’re right. But I don’t care who likes who. Do your job, separate biz from pleasure and put a got damn product on the floor that will justify those pricey tickets.

you make a point there, but part of this problem is carmelo's greed and foolishness coupled with dolans similar traits. both guys are made for each other. two idiots.. carmelo if he wanted to really win, had a better opp in chicago. he wants money, dolan likes names( regardless of the flaws) both guys have come together and it hasn't been good for the knicks. At some point you have to start looking at common denominators when it comes to problems. In the knicks case it is dolan and in carmelo case, be it here or denver, it has been carmelo.... players, coach's gm's have all come and gone, these two guys remain and we still are in the same mess as you just mentioned.

a complete enema is what was needed and we did a partial..

As I previously stated “half stepping”!!

I'll be back 2morrow if there is anything else to be added.

Broadway

All Star
@Broadway

Explain why it was flawed from the beginning. I would be curious to know where you pick the starting point.

When he was traded I knew we didn’t have the championship assets yet due to a depleted roster. I was banking on a good showing that year and a better run the next year (with better assets). That never really happened (for one reason or another) But, who was instrumental/ who was the main person responsible for still getting us to the post season both times?

Agree, so with the evidence that free agency showed us which there were a small crop of fans who knew this plan was flawed from the beginning going way back...knowing free agency would prove to be a fail......what would you have done with the 4th pick(knowing Carmelo would have no help in free agency?)

You weren't amongst the large mob of fans who thought free agency was gonna be a payoff did you? Not someone who has taken the time to break things down granually as you have. With no help in free agency...Melo has already shown over and over he's not capable of taking average rosters to new heights. Therefore what should have been done with the 4th pick?

I already gave several players that have certain skill sets to go along with mellos game. Melo plays from the corners, breaks down his defender to either penetrate, dish it or wish it. It’s his way of setting up the opposition. When the double team comes he can dish it in the paint or to a athletic cutting guard. As seen many times with Chandler and JR. swish…but we all know they were inconsistent and unreliable. I’ve posted a few people that can play that role and I’m sure there are more I’ve over looked. We need a big man that plays the boards and defense…offense is often made off of energetic defensive play. Melo gaining an 7 foot 3 team mate known for shooting from the outside is not a good fit…especially when “said” person isn’t hitting those shots. I don’t know of any player that can take an average roster (or ours) to the promise land, I’ve never seen that happened on any team, have you?

A.I., Lebron multiple times, Dwight Howard, Dirk, Harden, Anthony Davis, Lowry....guys who have taken their rosters much furthe than anyone would project their finish against the competition.

Melo's whole career has been somewhat a joke but I'll admit for all the success we've had since he's been here he can probably take more credit than anyone else....but he also has to take the same amount of credit for the failures here.

I mean I've yet to hear any Melonhead apologists praise Grunwald over and over for the 54 team he put together, players who on that team may have played a greater role(Kidd and Sheed) in our end result success. Melo's best days of basektball are behind him. Matter of fact he gave his best yrs to Denver in totality...time to figure out how to manuveur forward with the expiration date of his Knick tenure here close in mind.

As of now our future is tied to #kporzee and he is the most important piece of this franchise over Meload. I do agree with you though not sure where #kporzee makes up the difference for what we lack going forward....I don't see it it yet.

Boy this was so bad...Melo is a close second behind this douchebag

I know you try to present yourself as objective, but you show a clip making Kobe look like a jackass a day after Porzingis is saying Melo welcomed him to the team on draft night and your comment is that Melo is a close second to Kobe in being a douchebag. C'mon.

Broadway

All Star
I know you try to present yourself as objective, but you show a clip making Kobe look like a jackass a day after Porzingis is saying Melo welcomed him to the team on draft night and your comment is that Melo is a close second to Kobe in being a douchebag. C'mon.

#kporzee sat on that story for a near whole month(having done several interviews prior to) while Melo was getting filleted in the media for being upset behind closed doors over the pick? #kporzee makes mention of this after the media rakes coals over Melo for being absent during SL? He waits until Bleacher Report sits down with him....bypasses all the New York media with this news?

Notice how #kporzee specifically revealed Garnett giving him real advice he could use "not welcoming him to a team style as in.... ('hey nice seeing you with the Knicks have fun this season young fella')".... but instead welcoming him to the brotherhood of the league, helping him remain fortified in his well being, remaining confident as a professional, and encouraging to work hard at his craft.

That's what natural leaders do, that's what real leadership looks like. They don't go the bare minimum route as in "yo what's up homie just watch what I do" like Melo...blah blah blah

He also went on to speak as if he expects to maintain a relationship with Garnett. A player's who game he studies and sees himself modeling after during his career, not Melo's.

OTOH when #kporzee said he spoke to Melo a couple times this summer why didn't he reveal what was said for what could seem like a more intimate moment? Instead of reverting back to what he said on the very day of him being drafted and then saying he can't wait to learn from him as a teammate during the season.

He didn't txt you and say hey let's hook up for some 1-on-1 sessions before camp, hey let's work out together a couple times before camp? No those txts were damage control txts to him to make #kporzee feel like he doesn't dislike him giving him that stupid fake chump godfather of New York talk.

Phil says just the opposite of #kporzee in that he hasn't spoken to Melo hardly at all this summer. Why would this be the case? I mean evidently Melo has #kporzee's number on speed dial right, what about Phil's? So he's open sesame with #kporzee a rookie/foreigner he doesn't know whatsoever but goes hermit with Phil the team's President? Who's constructing a team around him having made several moves this summer who you do(or maybe don't) have an established relationship with!

Melo welcomed #kporzee with a very standard weak "yo nice to have you here".... but then remains MIA during the whole SL trip and a couple of our free agents said they haven't heard a lot from Melo either.

It's no different than showing up to a gathering and introducing yourself with pleasantries and then not ever being in the same room with host, not holding any further in depth convo, at best a couple more head nods before peacing out for the night. This is exactly what Melo has done up to this point.

While Melo may not be as upset as some in the media were leading on initially, Melo doesn't seem too into the team either.

Almost every single main star and upper tier star made appearances during their team's events this summer from free agent press signings to SL play but Melo and Kobe...2 notoriously known douchebags are doing what they do, going Rastafarian.

Last edited:
#kporzee sat on that story for a near whole month(having done several interviews prior to) while Melo was getting filleted in the media for being upset behind closed doors over the pick? #kporzee makes mention of this after the media rakes coals over Melo for being absent during SL? He waits until Bleacher Report sits down with him....bypasses all the New York media with this news?

Notice how #kporzee specifically revealed Garnett giving him real advice he could use "not welcoming him to a team style as in.... ('hey nice seeing you with the Knicks have fun this season young fella')".... but instead welcoming him to the brotherhood of the league, helping him remain fortified in his well being, remaining confident as a professional, and encouraging to work hard at his craft.

That's what natural leaders do, that's what real leadership looks like. They don't go the bare minimum route as in "yo what's up homie just watch what I do" like Melo...blah blah blah

He also went on to speak as if he expects to maintain a relationship with Garnett. A player's who game he studies and sees himself modeling after during his career, not Melo's.

OTOH when #kporzee said he spoke to Melo a couple times this summer why didn't he reveal what was said for what could seem like a more intimate moment? Instead of reverting back to what he said on the very day of him being drafted and then saying he can't wait to learn from him as a teammate during the season.

He didn't txt you and say hey let's hook up for some 1-on-1 sessions before camp, hey let's work out together a couple times before camp? No those txts were damage control txts to him to make #kporzee feel like he doesn't dislike him giving him that stupid fake chump godfather of New York talk.

Phil says just the opposite of #kporzee in that he hasn't spoken to Melo hardly at all this summer. Why would this be the case? I mean evidently Melo has #kporzee's number on speed dial right, what about Phil's? So he's open sesame with #kporzee a rookie/foreigner he doesn't know whatsoever but goes hermit with Phil the team's President? Who's constructing a team around him having made several moves this summer who you do(or maybe don't) have an established relationship with!

Melo welcomed #kporzee with a very standard weak "yo nice to have you here".... but then remains MIA during the whole SL trip and a couple of our free agents said they haven't heard a lot from Melo either.

It's no different than showing up to a gathering and introducing yourself with pleasantries and then not ever being in the same room with host, not holding any further in depth convo, at best a couple more head nods before peacing out for the night. This is exactly what Melo has done up to this point.

While Melo may not be as upset as some in the media were leading on initially, Melo doesn't seem too into the team either.

Almost every single main star and upper tier star made appearances during their team's events this summer from free agent press signings to SL play but Melo and Kobe...2 notoriously known douchebags are doing what they do, going Rastafarian.

Fine, I agree, Melo is a tool. All I'm suggesting is that every post does not have to come back to that point. If I was a new member of this forum, I would spend exactly 10 minutes on here before moving on unless I wanted to read non-stop Melo bashing.

tiger0330

Legend

Broadway you may have something here, Melo can't be happy with those Knicks signings. He's been out in LA all summer, about a 3 hours drive from Las Vegas and he didn't show up once but he found time to participate in of all things a High 5 contest rather than bonding with his new teammates Grant and Zinger. I'd say there is some kind of silent protest going on with Melo.

Those signings and the Zinger draft pick were disappointing if you're in the win now camp like Melo is. What I'm interested in seeing is how this affects Melo's play in the regular season since he's going to be a key for the Knicks to turn it around. Him, Calderon, Affalo and possibly Williams have to pick up the scoring slack from last season. If Melo dogs it, the Knicks have no chance.

Broadway

All Star
Fine, I agree, Melo is a tool. All I'm suggesting is that every post does not have to come back to that point. If I was a new member of this forum, I would spend exactly 10 minutes on here before moving on unless I wanted to read non-stop Melo bashing.

I personally try and do a good job discussing all things basketball, but at the same time there will be Melo dialogue here and there. The Vine I dropped on the Lakers was primarily a Kobe dig, although Melo was slid in there. Wasn't meant to offend, as I went on to explain why I placed him there after questioning. I generally have my reasons posting what I do.... with in depth breakdowns. I could switch up to an exclusive hit and run poster from here on out...lol

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Real NY Baller:

Are you saying Melo isn?t a winner? Are you saying he?s not someone that is a clear piece to the winning puzzle? Who was the player on our team that was influential in getting us into the post season? I.m sure our track record will show that.
yes, that is what I am saying. what has he won? he has the worst playoff record among active players. The guy is not a leader and not a winner on the pro level. The player instrumental to getting us to the post season was amare, gallo, and chandler before this horrible trade, remember the knicks were above .500 before the trade and just .500 when carmelo got here that first year.... the next playoff appearance jason kid was instrumental in that season as much as anyone. since he has been gone, carmelo has taken us to nothing but the lottery..
I don?t see a force move. I see someone that wanted to play in New York and thought Amare would be someone that would have contributed to the team winning. In fact?it was Amare that hinder the team with his bloated contract and lack of playing time and declining game. We were stuck in a bad position and Amare had a HUGH part in that?but I don?t hear any of that being mentioned.

Amare was fine before carmelo got here, but no matter how you slice it, he forced his way here, otherwise Denver could have and would have traded him elsewhere, like New jersey.

Dantonio was a weak and stubborn coach, everyone knows that. Your opinion of melo seems to be based on things other than his game. If not...tell me who was playing better than him on our team? Who lead us into the playoffs with an insipid team, twice?
Dantoni was weak and stubborn, everyone knows that? well I don't. funny how dantoni seemed to do fine before carmelo got here with a young team and amare, and then did well when carmelo got hurt and used a journeyman in Lin to save the season. trust me, no lin that year, no playoffs, so to answer your previous question. The people most instrumental to the knicks making the playoffs either retired or were run off by carmelo.. smh

I
?m glad you realize that lebron is an exceptional talent. I also have history here with members saying he will never win a chip. But that?s neither here nor there because I?m not the one comparing him to Lebron?you are. I?m saying Melo is a rare high quality player that you should invest in if he?s the only one doing jack on your team. Just like lebron/Bryant/ Jordan all had teams with players that complimented their style of play. JR and SHump helped Lebron ALONG with Irving, Love, and other players. It wasn?t Lebron and only JR and Shump, c?mon? you know what happened with that situation and it panned out to be a failure. Point and case?

love and irving missed most of the playoffs. did you not notice that? and if you are not comparing carmelo to lebron then why use lebron to try to prove your point with carmelo?

You play this game? Then tell me why were we failing? Who were the weak links? Who was doing what they do best? Who was contributing? Who was our best asset on the floor? Who was the most consistent player on the team? It's your turn to elaborate...as I already have.

I have already elaborated on this and heck it doesn't take a ball player to realize this. The knicks have a terrible owner who meddles, they have had spotty management put in place by the owner and when they had competent management the owner undermined them( walsh, larry brown)

we lack talent, picks, resources and most of all we spend our money in the worst wayIE: Carmelo. he is not a leader, and not a guy you build a team around. Add all of these things together and you have this tire fire we call the knicks. It is not that hard to figure out.

And it is this kind of mentality that gets this franchise nowhere. ?To hell with a proven talent that routinely makes the allstar game, to hell with the player that got us to the post season twice (with a weak roster)! I don?t want him?.I rather take my chances with an uncertainty, A player that has clear flaws that needs to be remedy asap, A player that most of us have never heard or saw before. Yeh, wow, okaaay. Hmmm
proven talent is nothing if you are not winning!!! either you are playing for a ring or you are wasting your time. either you are building a team to win a ring or you are wasting your time. any fan who understands the process it takes to build a winner shouldn't give a rats azz about winning 35-40 games, watching their hero jack up 45 shots to get 25 points and leave happy because their "hero" in their eyes "did his thang"... that is what get franchises in trouble.. carmelo hasn't won in denver and has been a failure of a franchise player in NY.. time to scrap and rebuild from the ground up. recycling carmelo along with clowns like aflalo and robin lopez is not the process we should be looking for. I don't think porzingis is the next coming of pau or dirk, but heck at this point I am willing to give him the chance to carve his own way and if we are lucky he can be the next "porzingis".. the carmelo experiment sucks... time to send that old horse to the glue factory.

WHAT? If he didn?t drafted him with melo in mind then why sign him? This is the whole point I?ve been making? but you guys seem to think I?m on some melo love and Porzingis hate trip. I?m all about pairing talents and putting a product on the floor for the fans to enjoy. This is not happening; I?m in no mood to be wishing on a future prospect that is showing us obvious issues. We had better opportunities and I?ve discussed and linked that? in detail.

I have been around these forums a long, long time, I have been the mod of one of the biggest knicks forums on the internet, I have been through these discussions, every time I hear things like this. "Bargnani would be great with carmelo", "Amare would be great with carmelo","Jr smith fits great with carmelo" and on and on and on... the key is There seems to be a problem finding people to fit with carmelo and it makes sense. It is hard to find players, good ones who play well with one dimensional chuckers.. carmelo is like those pink and yellow polkadot pants you have in your closet, after a while you try to stop finding things that fit well with it and you take those outdated pants and send them where they belong..

More ill management. I guess phil should have polished those rings a bit before showing them off to the free agents. He was mistaken big time. And I?m almost certain Jkid and Tyson told Monroe how dysfunctional this organization was. Trying to acquire this dude after drafting Porzingis was a laughable feat. I don?t know how he didn?t see that coming.

and thank god he didn't get monroe another guy who would have been overpaid while not moving the meter much for the knicks. he was going to put us no closer to contender status...

Perhaps you?re right. But I don?t care who likes who. Do your job, separate biz from pleasure and put a got damn product on the floor that will justify those pricey tickets.

and this mentality is why we keep going after these fake stars like carmelo, and greg monroe. and why we are in this mess. we need to put a winner on the floor, but a team that is built for winning over the long haul. Implement a plan, a philosophy and stick with it.. one that that fans can see is being executed. one that makes sense... not repeat the mistakes we have been making for years..

A.I., Lebron multiple times, Dwight Howard, Dirk, Harden, Anthony Davis, Lowry....guys who have taken their rosters much furthe than anyone would project their finish against the competition.

Melo's whole career has been somewhat a joke but I'll admit for all the success we've had since he's been here he can probably take more credit than anyone else....but he also has to take the same amount of credit for the failures here.

I mean I've yet to hear any Melonhead apologists praise Grunwald over and over for the 54 team he put together, players who on that team may have played a greater role(Kidd and Sheed) in our end result success. Melo's best days of basektball are behind him. Matter of fact he gave his best yrs to Denver in totality...time to figure out how to manuveur forward with the expiration date of his Knick tenure here close in mind.

As of now our future is tied to #kporzee and he is the most important piece of this franchise over Meload. I do agree with you though not sure where #kporzee makes up the difference for what we lack going forward....I don't see it it yet.

A.I. had Antony Miller, Motumbo, Muhammad, Ratliff, Mckie, Maxwell , Kukoc, T. Hill, Raja bell, and others to help him get to the finals.

Dirk won a chip with Chandler, Kid, terry, Marion, Stevenson and others.

Dwight Howard had Lue, Gortat, R. Lewis, Pietrus, J. Nelson, Turkoglu, reddick, bogans, and ?Skip to my lou?/Alston

Harden played with Durant, Westbrook, and now Howard (not sure if you?re talking about someone else...)

Antony Davis plays on a young deep team that will struggle to make it to the promise land until he gets that next complimentary piece (like Melo).

Mention the Raptors And I think of Lowery, Derozen , Amir, and a few other good role players.

All these players you mentioned have a great supporting roster.

Even Melo went to the playoffs with some of these guys as his supporting cast?but they were also hurt, and unproductive. Who else was there to support or pick up the slack?Amare?

You need players that can play together while offering the best player on your team support?.that?s if you expect to win. Lebron will tell you the same thing. He only won with players that showed support and can pick up the slack.
So pardon me if I don?t see the comparisons.

@TKF

yes, that is what I am saying. what has he won? he has the worst playoff record among active players. The guy is not a leader and not a winner on the pro level. The player instrumental to getting us to the post season was amare, gallo, and chandler before this horrible trade, remember the knicks were above .500 before the trade and just .500 when carmelo got here that first year.... the next playoff appearance jason kid was instrumental in that season as much as anyone. since he has been gone, carmelo has taken us to nothing but the lottery..

Amare, gallo and chandler? Amare who was always hurt, and was rarely on the court? Gallo and Chandler was nowhere to be found within the organization. But you somehow think these were the players responsible for us making the playoffs… more than Melo? Holy ****! The 40 year old Kid help out a lot…his experience was useful. Something I expect Melo to do as he ages.

Amare was fine before carmelo got here, but no matter how you slice it, he forced his way here, otherwise Denver could have and would have traded him elsewhere, like New jersey.

I don’t care how he got here. He’s here now, primed and looking to win. If you don’t see that I can’t do anything to help you.

Dantoni was weak and stubborn, everyone knows that? well I don't. funny how dantoni seemed to do fine before carmelo got here with a young team and amare, and then did well when carmelo got hurt and used a journeyman in Lin to save the season. trust me, no lin that year, no playoffs, so to answer your previous question. The people most instrumental to the knicks making the playoffs either retired or were run off by carmelo.. smh

Did you go there? It was actually Melo who suggested that Lin get some burn. He would still be riding the pine or out of the league if it was for the suggestion of the selfish player known as Melo. Coach was clueless and quit on his team and left it to Woodson to carry them into the post season.

love and irving missed most of the playoffs. did you not notice that? and if you are not comparing carmelo to lebron then why use lebron to try to prove your point with carmelo?

Irving played and had some good games before falling out. Love and Irving help the Cavs to get to the post season…did they not? Lebron, Carmelo, Bryant, and Curry are pure scorers and all make the allstar team consistently for their extraordinary play. This is where I draw comparisons.
I have already elaborated on this and heck it doesn't take a ball player to realize this. The knicks have a terrible owner who meddles, they have had spotty management put in place by the owner and when they had competent management the owner undermined them( walsh, larry brown)
I see now that you're missing my points, smh

we lack talent, picks, resources and most of all we spend our money in the worst wayIE: Carmelo. he is not a leader, and not a guy you build a team around. Add all of these things together and you have this tire fire we call the knicks. It is not that hard to figure out.

Hey, I don’t like the ill management either. I’m just making a case that a winning mentality goes with what is actually working for you. A defeatist mentality overlooks what it has working and tries to do something else more daring and often too risky. Make moves don’t fake moves.

proven talent is nothing if you are not winning!!! either you are playing for a ring or you are wasting your time. either you are building a team to win a ring or you are wasting your time. any fan who understands the process it takes to build a winner shouldn't give a rats azz about winning 35-40 games, watching their hero jack up 45 shots to get 25 points and leave happy because their "hero" in their eyes "did his thang"... that is what get franchises in trouble.. carmelo hasn't won in denver and has been a failure of a franchise player in NY.. time to scrap and rebuild from the ground up. recycling carmelo along with clowns like aflalo and robin lopez is not the process we should be looking for. I don't think porzingis is the next coming of pau or dirk, but heck at this point I am willing to give him the chance to carve his own way and if we are lucky he can be the next "porzingis".. the carmelo experiment sucks... time to send that old horse to the glue factory.

Who was playing at his level? Where was the help? This is all I have to say to this...

I have been around these forums a long, long time, I have been the mod of one of the biggest knicks forums on the internet, I have been through these discussions, every time I hear things like this. "Bargnani would be great with carmelo", "Amare would be great with carmelo","Jr smith fits great with carmelo" and on and on and on... the key is There seems to be a problem finding people to fit with carmelo and it makes sense. It is hard to find players, good ones who play well with one dimensional chuckers.. carmelo is like those pink and yellow polkadot pants you have in your closet, after a while you try to stop finding things that fit well with it and you take those outdated pants and send them where they belong..

People can hate on him all they want but he is the best we have NOW. You work with it or abandon it, what you don’t do is keep it and build a team that hinders it. The problem is not all on him it’s more about the ill management..You already agree to that.

and thank god he didn't get monroe another guy who would have been overpaid while not moving the meter much for the knicks. he was going to put us no closer to contender status...

and this mentality is why we keep going after these fake stars like carmelo, and greg monroe. and why we are in this mess. we need to put a winner on the floor, but a team that is built for winning over the long haul. Implement a plan, a philosophy and stick with it.. one that that fans can see is being executed. one that makes sense... not repeat the mistakes we have been making for years..
xD, wow.

I have no comment. There’s no sense in saying the same thing over and over again. You think he’s a fake star…even when his stats, teammates, staff, competition, and analysts all know he’s a real star. He just lacks leader qualities that I think he’ll gain sooner than later. You act like he has a severe mental condition that he can’t figure this out…even when he hears it from his allstar friends and fans. Smh.

What a way to support the player that has actually gotten your team into the post season. look pal, I can’t be bothered anymore with this. I’ve made my case about Porzingis and melo. Nothing else to add...so Let the chips fall where they may. Godspeed knicksnation.

Broadway

All Star
A.I. had Antony Miller, Motumbo, Muhammad, Ratliff, Mckie, Maxwell , Kukoc, T. Hill, Raja bell, and others to help him get to the finals.

Dwight Howard had Lue, Gortat, R. Lewis, Pietrus, J. Nelson, Turkoglu, reddick, bogans, and “Skip to my lou”/Alston

Harden played with Durant, Westbrook, and now Howard (not sure if you’re talking about someone else...)

Antony Davis plays on a young deep team that will struggle to make it to the promise land until he gets that next complimentary piece (like Melo).

Mention the Raptors And I think of Lowery, Derozen , Amir, and a few other good role players.

Even Melo went to the playoffs with some of these guys as his supporting cast…but they were also hurt, and unproductive. Who else was there to support or pick up the slack…Amare?

You need players that can play together while offering the best player on your team support….that’s if you expect to win. Lebron will tell you the same thing. He only won with players that showed support and can pick up the slack.
So pardon me if I don’t see the comparisons.

You should have spared yourself listing those players. I mean seriously

Melo has played with....

Camby-DPOY and in the running to win multiple seasons

Billups - FMVP finished higher than Melo in MVP voting the yr he actually played with Melo

Andre Miller - Get Familiar check his resume

J.R. Smith - Won 6MOY in the running multiple yrs

K-Mart - Went to the Finals twice with Kidd

Allen Iverson - Nuff Ced

Tyson Chandler - DPOY, won a Finals

Kidd - Finals twice high MVP candidate many yrs of his career

Aaron Afflalo - 15-20ppg scorer

Birdman - Won chips with Jebroni

Nene - Solid big man throughout career

Voshon Leonard - As good as Redick-Bogans in Denver

Najera - solid role player

Steve Blake > any of the above trash players you mentioned

Greg Buckner = DeShawn Stevenson

GET OUTTA HERE WITH THE MELO HAD NO HELP THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER TALK

In My Chris Tucker Voice

DON'T ANYONE ELSE EVER.... EVER EVER......EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER MENTION THIS AGAIN

It appears you blanked out on Melo's Nugget rosters and only tunnel visioned his tenure as a Knick but took collective career roster results from other players? Harden essentially played most of last year without Howard and half the upper rotation last yr you understand this right? It's the very reason he almost won MVP. lol @ mentioning Durant and Westbrook.

A.I. went all the way to the Finals with that trash not perennial 1st round bounce out of the playoffs...Raja Bell was pooping Gerber into his diapers. Tyrone Hill smh you reached to mention him.

This was one of your worst rebuttals, but I understand the principle of where you're coming from with Melo and building around him....but building around him has proven to be a historic fail that multiple regimes have failed to crack da vinci code on as TKF pointed out.

Last edited:
@ Broadway
:rofl:

“You should have spared yourself listing those players. I mean seriously”

Someone is confused here, what do you mean? You listed a player and I listed the players that were playing excellent along side of them…and at that time in their careers. Nothing more nothing less...stop trying to fish in a dried up lake.

“Melo has played with....”

You’re either not reading my book... or are having difficulty comprehending it. I ALREADY MENTIONED his best chance was with the Nuggets… and I even named a couple of players in your list. Wow! It seems like you’re trying to change this Porzingis thread into a Melo hate thread without even following what was already discussed/posted. SMH

I mean...What’s the point of me writing these long posts if you’re going to ask questions and make statements about the things I’ve clearly touched on in my previous posts? Haha, this is turning into a comedy. unbelievable…

“GET OUTTA HERE WITH THE MELO HAD NO HELP THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER TALK”

That’s your words not mine. All my statements were clearly about the NOW. I don’t know why you (and others) are choosing to live in the past and the future instead of being concerned with what is happening NOW. What has happened since he was here and what is happening as we move forward is what my posts are all about. How you got caught up in Melo's time loop is beyond me.

“In My Chris Tucker Voice

DON'T ANYONE ELSE EVER.... EVER EVER......EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER MENTION THIS AGAIN”

Listen, Chris. I know its Friday but you might want to ease back on those doobies tonight if you can’t keep focus.

“It appears you blanked out on Melo's Nugget rosters and only tunnel visioned his tenure as a Knick but took collective career roster results from other players? Harden essentially played most of last year without Howard and half the upper rotation last yr you understand this right? It's the very reason he almost won MVP. lol @ mentioning Durant and Westbrook.”

lol, classic and probably sig worthy material right here. All the projecting going on around here can be very telling. You over looked (or forgot) my comments about Antony’s former team and had the audacity to say I'm the one with tunnel vision, brilliant! I'm the one offering ranged perspectives while you're the one acting like a mule with blinders on. Don't get it twisted, partner.

The Rockets had a deep team, you understand that, right? I guess you think Ariza, J Smith, Brewer, Beverly, and Donatas were all playing like scubs, huh? When Howard was playing they were competing…before and during the post season. Who on the Knicks were playing at their level? smfh.

It’s becoming painfully obvious that we’re not viewing these games in the same realm. I’m starting to suspect that you’re watching these games from a parallel universe.

“A.I. went all the way to the Finals with that trash not perennial 1st round bounce out of the playoffs...Raja Bell was pooping Gerber into his diapers. Tyrone Hill smh you reached to mention him.”

haha, now I’m the one reaching. And all this time I thought I was expanding on my obvious points…while taking the time to detail the ones you clearly missed. I’m not the one turning this thread from one topic to another because at every post you’re failing to discredit my points. You want to pick and choose who is good and bad during their carriers in the NBA, fine. You have a right to have that opinion, thou it may not be something I agree with.

This was one of your worst rebuttals, but I understand the principle of where you're coming from with Melo and building around him....but building around him has proven to be a historic fail that multiple regimes have failed to crack da vinci code on as TKF pointed out.”

One of my worse? Hmmm. I wasn’t aware that I posted a bad one. If this is bad… I’m NOW imagining what is more fitting to called this response of your. I’m not even the one here trying to cast opinions into facts.

Summarizing my book (again) will show you that Coaches, teammates, and just having the right scheme and timing is crucial in developing a winning team. Trying to extract anything else out of it will be a failure.

Seeing that this conversation has come to an end, and way off topic…it's probably best that we let this thread marinate until something else related hits the news. I’ve gave my feelings on Porzingis and was a good enough sport to even engage in off topic rhetoric. There's nothing left to be said…so carry on if you wish to stay irrelevant to the subject and the times. Atm, I have better things to do.

As Jackie Chan once told Chris Tucker…. “You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of **** they are.”

See you guys later when there is actually something up to date to talk about...

And yeh...The Jury is still out... probably looking for the paper back version of this book, it's on sale for 2cents.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer

Dwight Howard had Lue, Gortat, R. Lewis, Pietrus, J. Nelson, Turkoglu, reddick, bogans, and “Skip to my lou”/Alston

Harden played with Durant, Westbrook, and now Howard (not sure if you’re talking about someone else...)

Even Melo went to the playoffs with some of these guys as his supporting cast…but they were also hurt, and unproductive. Who else was there to support or pick up the slack…Amare?

You need players that can play together while offering the best player on your team support….that’s if you expect to win. Lebron will tell you the same thing. He only won with players that showed support and can pick up the slack.
So pardon me if I don’t see the comparisons.

baller, I keep hearing all the excuses of carmelo not having help. I am not going to even get into that because my mind won't change on that. he had help...

One thing with all of these players you mentioned.. Dirk, Harden, Iverson, all are superior players to carmelo. Lets start there first... maybe that was a bigger part of them advancing then mentioning and reaching for guys like raja bell? I mean come on, raja was an unknown and was dragged off the sixer bench out of need. Carmelo had kenyon and camby in their prime years... and you are mentioning guys like bogans and turkoglu? come on now...

just with this quote, do you not see how this comes off as constant excuse making? you admit carmelo had some of the same guys, but oh wait... they were injured and unproductive.. wow..

lets say for some reason you are right here, that carmelo has had the worst luck in 13 years.. isn't that reason enough to want him as far away from your team as possible.. why would you want someone that unlucky?

Take the finest woman you know, now you have a chance to date this woman but you find out over the past 13 years, all of the guys she dated either died in some tragic way or had a host of bad things happen to them.. would you want to date this woman? would you be making up the same excuses as to why you should date her? would you be saying, hey she is not a bad woman the guys around her just seem to keep dying... true it may be just a coincidence.. but would you want to step in that ring?

so if anything if you are going to keep making excuses for carmelo, I guess we can counter that argument with him being extremely and i do mean extremely unlucky, because for some reason you fail to see him as the problem over all of these years.. and if that is the case, why bring that bad luck around a team you love?

@ TKF,

baller, I keep hearing all the excuses of carmelo not having help. I am not going to even get into that because my mind won't change on that. he had help...

One thing with all of these players you mentioned.. Dirk, Harden, Iverson, all are superior players to carmelo. Lets start there first... maybe that was a bigger part of them advancing then mentioning and reaching for guys like raja bell? I mean come on, raja was an unknown and was dragged off the sixer bench out of need. Carmelo had kenyon and camby in their prime years... and you are mentioning guys like bogans and turkoglu? come on now... just with this quote, do you not see how this comes off as constant excuse making? you admit carmelo had some of the same guys, but oh wait... they were injured and unproductive.. wow..

just with this quote, do you not see how this comes off as constant excuse making? you admit carmelo had some of the same guys, but oh wait... they were injured and unproductive.. wow..

Are you in need of glasses too? How did both of you overlooked the same exact thing? I’ve commented on how both Iverson and Kmart were his best chance in one of my previous posts…wow

lets say for some reason you are right here, that carmelo has had the worst luck in 13 years.. isn't that reason enough to want him as far away from your team as possible.. why would you want someone that unlucky?

Your assumption is inaccurate. I’m merely stating what I’m observing with the Knicks..while you guys try to engage me in a game of NBA Trivia Pursuit.

Take the finest woman you know, now you have a chance to date this woman but you find out over the past 13 years, all of the guys she dated either died in some tragic way or had a host of bad things happen to them.. would you want to date this woman? would you be making up the same excuses as to why you should date her? would you be saying, hey she is not a bad woman the guys around her just seem to keep dying... true it may be just a coincidence.. but would you want to step in that ring?

Bad analogy. What this woman went through with her past relationship will not automatically dictate our relationship. You have to consider every factor involved. I’m not wired to be neither a follower nor someone that likes to make assumptions off of other people’s experiences. I make my own experiences.

so if anything if you are going to keep making excuses for carmelo, I guess we can counter that argument with him being extremely and i do mean extremely unlucky, because for some reason you fail to see him as the problem over all of these years.. and if that is the case, why bring that bad luck around a team you love?

I’m only giving analysis, while you guys are making poor excuse to be redundant. You want to think he’s not worthy investment, cool by me. I think he is. But you can’t handle that. This is not my problem, it’s something you have to come to terms with and deal with it on a personal level. I’m fine and comfortable with stance on everything I wrote. I just wish you guys actually took the time to read it. *sigh*

I guess this is what happens around here when there is nothing to actually talk about.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
The Rockets had a deep team, you understand that, right? I guess you think Ariza, J Smith, Brewer, Beverly, and Donatas were all playing like scubs, huh? When Howard was playing they were competing…before and during the post season. Who on the Knicks were playing at their level? smfh.

His top rotation guys either did not play the whole season with him or missed 20-40gms individually due to injury and didn't have a few of them during the playoffs. All facts. You could have used the same excuses for Harden here that you have for Melo in this thread(during his Knick tenure and some past Nugget failures). The only rock he had on his team was Ariza. Let's not elevate Rizzy anymore than necessary here. Very solid player but overall Harden put a misfitted-gimped roster on his back nearly won 60gms in a hella tough west and advanced to a WCF. Yes you acknowledged a couple Nuggets by left out several, while attempting to stamp my list down with reaches to maintain the value you hold with Melo.

You asked a question of pointing who's done a lot/similar with less and I posted reply of several players who did. Factual. No biggie you disagree but objective fans would agree with the list of guys I came up with.

Why did Melo lose to mighty Deron and Brand when a Nugget? Why couldn't we catch the hapless Hawks(playoff bid) the yr prior, when they lost Horford practically all yr and backed into the playoffs losing like 24 of the last 32gms?

haha, now I’m the one reaching. And all this time I thought I was expanding on my obvious points…while taking the time to detail the ones you clearly missed. I’m not the one turning this thread from one topic to another because at every post you’re failing to discredit my points. You want to pick and choose who is good and bad during their carriers in the NBA, fine. You have a right to have that opinion, thou it may not be something I agree with.

I'm gonna have to take this reply.... you know deep down inside A.I. did more with less. It's about how far these players got with what they had... roster and circumstance wise. Did they far surpass expetations. It's not about if in comparison to Melo was there achieved successes with working with less. They all had less and some success, it's just that the other players made the most of their lesses.

Seeing that this conversation has come to an end, and way off topic…it's probably best that we let this thread marinate until something else related hits the news. I’ve gave my feelings on Porzingis and was a good enough sport to even engage in off topic rhetoric. There's nothing left to be said…so carry on if you wish to stay irrelevant to the subject and the times. Atm, I have better things to do.

As Jackie Chan once told Chris Tucker…. “You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of **** they are.”

See you guys later when there is actually something up to date to talk about...

And yeh...The Jury is still out... probably looking for the paper back version of this book, it's on sale for 2cents.:thumbsup:

It's all good, I gave you props on what you've provided on this forum.... just the more with less argument wasn't a favorable one for you. As far as the topic I ended my last replies touching on the fact again #kporzee is more important than Melo going forward regardless of what the opinion of either is. #kporzee wins by default because of age and what we've been told we're trying to accomplish going forward. Now if Phil is selling another lie or prepared for another switcheroosky, then this opens another Pandora's Box of the Effery Phil has pulled since his arrival. So there was a focus to bring this thread back on topic a post or three back. You are correct we've been sold two different PHILosophies and it ain't looking pretty at the moment.

:gony:

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer
@ TKF,

One thing with all of these players you mentioned.. Dirk, Harden, Iverson, all are superior players to carmelo. Lets start there first... maybe that was a bigger part of them advancing then mentioning and reaching for guys like raja bell? I mean come on, raja was an unknown and was dragged off the sixer bench out of need. Carmelo had kenyon and camby in their prime years... and you are mentioning guys like bogans and turkoglu? come on now... just with this quote, do you not see how this comes off as constant excuse making? you admit carmelo had some of the same guys, but oh wait... they were injured and unproductive.. wow..

Are you in need of glasses too? How did both of you overlooked the same exact thing? I’ve commented on how both Iverson and Kmart were his best chance in one of my previous posts…wow

Your assumption is inaccurate. I’m merely stating what I’m observing with the Knicks..while you guys try to engage me in a game of NBA Trivia Pursuit.

Bad analogy. What this woman went through with her past relationship will not automatically dictate our relationship. You have to consider every factor involved. I’m not wired to be neither a follower nor someone that likes to make assumptions off of other people’s experiences. I make my own experiences.

I’m only giving analysis, while you guys are making poor excuse to be redundant. You want to think he’s not worthy investment, cool by me. I think he is. But you can’t handle that. This is not my problem, it’s something you have to come to terms with and deal with it on a personal level. I’m fine and comfortable with stance on everything I wrote. I just wish you guys actually took the time to read it. *sigh*

I guess this is what happens around here when there is nothing to actually talk about.

not true, if a woman is having the same issues every relationship then there is something wrong, and usually you look at the common denominator.. the woman, so it will play a huge part on her relationships going forward..

you like to make your own experiences..ok, tell me what how your experience as a fan here with carmelo been? Are you happy?

maybe i do need glasses, but what does that have to do with this post, i referred to the comment you made about carmelo having the same guys, yet you claim they were injured.. what does that have to do with your comment about iverson and kmart being his best chance? You still made the comment and I addressed that directly..

what analysis? you pretty much told us that carmelo didn't have help... he didn't have help, he didn't have help, amare was injured, dantoni sucked, and porzingis isn't worth building around...

I have no problem with you liking carmelo.. I just have a problem with your so called analysis of him being the best route for this team and using excuses to back up why he should be continued to be given chance after chance, when in 13 years he displayed he just isn't that guy......

If you like carmelo and the direction this team has been going in the past two years.. fine.. that is your choice... just call it what it is.. a mess.... you seemed to already have admitted that this franchise has been a mismanaged mess, yet you seem to support the direction that got us into this mess.... Im just saying a new direction has been in order and should have happened years ago..

Broadway

All Star

Are you willing to wait and give #kporzee a chance to grow into how good he could be or are you already writing him off? I got the impression a few post ago you're not willing to wait as a fan. You don't want to make a fan experience with #kporzee?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Are you willing to wait and give #kporzee a chance to grow into how good he could be or are you already writing him off? I got the impression a few post ago you're not willing to wait as a fan. You don't want to make a fan experience with #kporzee?

obviously not, he seems to want to give it another go with the woman whose last 7 boyfriends tragically died.

I say give a new direction a try... but thats just me...