Kristaps Porzingis talks goals for 2nd season with Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
KP talking like an upcoming young star in this article .....

As the Knicks assembled a roster this summer to win now - or, in the view of critics, to win yesterday - a concern with Phil Jackson’s strategy became the development of their best drafted prospect since Patrick Ewing.
With only so many shot attempts in a game, the feeling that bringing on another gunner like Derrick Rose would further limit Kristaps Porzingis’ opportunities on offense, rendering him the distant third or fourth option.
One person who doesn’t seem too worried – and, at the very least, has pledged not to complain – is the 21-year-old Latvian. He’s comforted by his standing in the organization.

“I know the team drafting me, they want me to grow and grow into a star, a super star, so I believe that they’re going to help me grow,” the Rookie of the Year runner-up said. “And they know the type of guy that I am. When I have difficulties I will not complain and I will not, you know.
“If we’re winning, that’s all that matters to me. If we’re winning, I’ll be happy. And that can help me grow. Last season helped me grow because we lost and that’s a lot to take mentally. But as long as we’re winning and I’m playing hard and with intensity and I have the right mindset then we’ll be fine.”

Porzingis, who hosted a ProCamp on Saturday in the House of Sports in Ardsley, N.Y., revealed that the entire Knicks squad has been voluntarily working out together weeks ahead of training camp. Among his observations from the pickup games is a rejuvenated Rose, whose physical decline has been well documented since his first knee surgery in 2012.
“How explosive he is and everything, he’s still got it. He’s still Derrick Rose,” Porzingis said. “And so it will be exciting to play with him.”
Porzingis also supported Rose’s logic in the point guard’s offseason claim that Knicks are a super team capable of running the table.
“That shows his confidence, that he believes in us,” Porzingis said. “I don’t know what’s a super team and what’s not a super team but what I think he meant was that we’re able to win every game. Not that we’re going to win 82 games with zero losses. But every team that comes up, we’re able to beat them because we have enough talent.
“I think that’s what he meant and I like the confidence, I like that he believes that we’re good enough. So it’s just, now we’ve got to prove it. It’s enough talking and we’ve got to go out on the court and prove that we’re a good team.”
As for his own outlook for the team, Porzingis was a little more reserved.
“Obviously, the No. 1 goal is the playoffs this year,” Porzingis said. “That’s where my head is at. I can’t be thinking nothing past that. ... I’m thinking we have to make the playoffs, that’s the goal and we go from there.”

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope Phil and J.Horn understand what KP are saying in this article ...because all our veterans has to step up their game in every 4th quarter game this season ...I expect Melo and Rose to be our first option at scoring to take our Last-Shot in all our crunch time games, or let our experience big man Noah great passing at the key deliver the ball to the right player for the last shot. Especially during the start of the season games .. we can change strategy in midseason when players has confidence in each other