L.A. Clipper-Knicks trade talk unfinished.

youpddd

Rookie
David Lee and Zach Randolph for Eric Gordon is a bad move. If the Knicks trade both of their powerforwards, they will have to start either Malik Rose or Danilo Gallinari. Gallinari isn't a true power forward, because he doesn't post up and he doesn't play defense, and Malik Rose is too old to be getting major minutes. I know Gordon has a lot of hype around him, but he just isn't worth two proven double double power forwards.
i partially agree, and i partially disagree. We all know that wilson chandler is a swing man, and that he's a big part of the knick's future. Ok, so now we have a swingman for the future. Now lets see, what does every team have when they have a scoring 3 or 2. Answer - a defensive 3/2. Therefore gallinari will not see playing time as a 3/2. With that being said, gallinari will have to play the 1, 4, or 5. Gallinari is not a 1 no matter how you look at it, so we can eliminate that option. Now the only thing left is the 4 or 5, so we might as well get him some experience at those positions as early as possible.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i partially agree, and i partially disagree. We all know that wilson chandler is a swing man, and that he's a big part of the knick's future. Ok, so now we have a swingman for the future. Now lets see, what does every team have when they have a scoring 3 or 2. Answer - a defensive 3/2. Therefore gallinari will not see playing time as a 3/2. With that being said, gallinari will have to play the 1, 4, or 5. Gallinari is not a 1 no matter how you look at it, so we can eliminate that option. Now the only thing left is the 4 or 5, so we might as well get him some experience at those positions as early as possible.
Danilo Gallinari is a small forward. I don't know where you get that he can play power forward and center from. You should read his scouting report from nbadraft.net, and you should watch him play in the summer league. He has no defense and no post up game. His main attributes are perimeter shooting and occasional drives to the basket. Also, you still haven't proven that David Lee and Zach Randolph for Eric Gordon is a good trade. We haven't seen Gordon play in the NBA. For all we know, he might not even be that good of a player. His scouting report actually sounds identical to how Jamal Crawford plays now, only he's shorter than Crawford. Do you want two Jamal Crawfords on one team? I know I don't. Crawford's a good player, but two versions of the same player for one team ruins your chemistry. Remember what happened when Marbury and Francis played together?

Gentlemen please, we are not being Mike Diantonimensional here
conventional wisdoms says The cock is a 3
now you ask me whether conventional wisdom proposed amare stouds to be a 5 ?
or barbosa to be a 2 ? or Marion to be a 4 ? or boris diaw to be a 5 when amare was injured.
I think nash and bell were the only two players to be placed at their listed positions when they came into the league. The Rooster boy will be placed at whatever position Mike D feels will best fit his ability to put the ball in the basket. If its the 1 ( last nights game he was bringing the ball up in consecutive possessions down the stretch, tell me that was not a pre designed experiment) then it will be the 1, if it is the 5 where he can draw shot blockers out of the paint to open the lane for curry, and crawford, and nate, then so be it, if it is at the 3, then chandler may move to the 4 vice versa, butta bing butta boom score score score. This is not a team that will be built to be big and bang and depend on shot blocking, it will depend on 1 play maker, and 4 jump shooters, who can all handle the rock

cock
chandler
crawford
duhon
nate
marbs(?)
Q

all fit this mold and will take up the bulk of playing time

curry will fit in there some where because i do believe he is impossible to move after we get rid of randsoft.

so stop thinking conventionally, the points are proven, the cock will play every where this year. as will half of our players who fit the bill of a natural 3

TunerAddict

Starter
or barbosa to be a 2 ? or Marion to be a 4 ? or boris diaw to be a 5 when amare was injured.
I think nash and bell were the only two players to be placed at their listed positions when they came into the lehe Rooster boy will be placed at whatever position Mike D feels will best fit his ability to put the ball in the basket. If its the 1 ( last nights game he was bringing the ball up in consecutive possessions down the stretch, tell me that was not a pre designed experiment) then it will be the 1, if it is the 5 where he can draw shot blockers out of the paint to open the lane for curry, and crawford, and nate, then so be it, if it is at the 3, then chandler may move to the 4 vice versa, butta bing butta boom score score score. This is not a team that will be built to be big and bang and depend on shot blocking, it will depend on 1 play maker, and 4 jump shooters, who can all handle the rock

cock
chandler
crawford
duhon
nate
marbs(?)
Q

curry will fit in there some where because i do believe he is impossible to move after we get rid of randsoft.

so stop thinking conventionally, the points are proven, the cock will play every where this year. as will half of our players who fit the bill of a natural 3

Great post! Cosign.:agreed:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think nash and bell were the only two players to be placed at their listed positions when they came into the league. The Rooster boy will be placed at whatever position Mike D feels will best fit his ability to put the ball in the basket. If its the 1 ( last nights game he was bringing the ball up in consecutive possessions down the stretch, tell me that was not a pre designed experiment) then it will be the 1, if it is the 5 where he can draw shot blockers out of the paint to open the lane for curry, and crawford, and nate, then so be it, if it is at the 3, then chandler may move to the 4 vice versa, butta bing butta boom score score score. This is not a team that will be built to be big and bang and depend on shot blocking, it will depend on 1 play maker, and 4 jump shooters, who can all handle the rock

cock
chandler
crawford
duhon
nate
marbs(?)
Q

Welcome to the forum and good post. I agree, depending on the match up Gallinari (The Rooster) may be able to play PF 'if' he bulks up. He's not a post up player but he's still a work in progress. Danilo can score his ass off. Just imagine if he didn't start off slow! Galli and Chandler would have taken over the game, that shit would have been a blow out.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Just because Gallo didn't play the post well the first summer league game does not by any means mean he cant play in the post. I have watched Gallo play in Europe & he played the post very well. In the first half yesterday he was fed in the post once and rushed himself. After that he was always facing the basket trying off the dribble! Summer League us just an extension of a long draft process. Gallo also played a whole season then Eurocup.( Think World Championship but for Just Europe).

We saw only a tiny bit of his game guys a very small part of what he is capable of. He will play both Forward positions very well! And I know watching him and by the stats ( Which by the way were wrong!!!! Says no steals 1 block and both are wrong he had 2 blocks and at least 1 steal!!)
he looked a little lost on D but he will be fine there too. He hustles and is real big with his basketball IQ once the game slows down for him and he gains confidence then you will see what I have seen. A tough talented soon to be 7 footer ( Is 19 6'10 and Drs say he is still growing maybe 2 inches) who can cross over and shoot like a guard!

Needless to say I'm happy I picked him as our pick since we found out we had the 6th pick ( Would of been a tough call for me if we got 1st pick) .
He will be the steal of this draft! Watched Bayless yesterday and man can he score with ease!!! But he reminds me of a more controlled Crawford.

Gallo & Chandler makes our future a little brighter! Isiah still is lurking!!

thanks....well, post, hmmmmm, name one legitimate post up player on the suns. NONE. lol. we are all talking about who is good at posting up, once again, I reiterate. Mike d,s offense does not ask for post offense, it asks for ball handling, versatility, height, and the ability to knock down open jumpers . I ask you this, does danillo not have this in his arsenal ????????????

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Gallo & Chandler makes our future a little brighter! Isiah still is lurking!!

That's exactly why this franchise will continue to lose. lol I still don't think Gallinari can post up, because I've never seen him post up in any of his youtube clips, and even draftexpress.com writes his post up as a weakness.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Danilo-Gallinari-535/
You're entitled to your opinion, though, and it's good to have someone in the forum that has actually watched him play while he was in Europe. I do not doubt that he will be a good player. It just scares me to know that Isiah Thomas helped influence Walsh into picking Gallinari. Thomas has been known for drafting role players, the entire time he's been with the Knicks, and until I see otherwise, that's how I predict Gallinari will end up playing. The last star Thomas drafted was in 1997, when he got McGrady. That was 11 years ago.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Well the Clippers grabbed the Camby-man so looks like we are still stuck with Zach "black hole" Randolph.

We're not just stuck with Zach but we are stuck with a "LIEING" idiot that is the Knicks President of Operations "Dommie Walsh-up".

When you sit down an just think of the impact of the Knicks if Walsh would have went through with the Zach trade to the Clippers, and how it would have affected this Knick organization in so many good ways for the present and future. There is no excuse for such incompetence in one of the Top money making teams in the NBA.
The Portland Blazers wish they could've been lucky to get a 2nd round draft pick for Zach Randolph contract rather than pay out $30 million dollars to get rid of him.

the clippers are idiots, they take on two 30 yr olds contracts now, what a bunch of dumb asses. so now in 2 years they cant sign any of their youth hahaha. this is hillarious. I would rather work a deal for randolph with some one else. I mean I know camby is a great defender, but he was also one of those david lee types, the only hustler on the block with a bunch of led footed ball hogs. numbers inflate, not taking away from camby being a great defender, but honestly if k mart wasnt a baby, and nene could run still his numbers would go down. on the clippers, a losing team, his motivation will deflate, which leads me to believe there is something fishy in clip land as far as this deal is concerned. half of your teams salary is swamped by aging stars. in the west you dont win shit that way, let the clippers sink, I dont even think I Want to do a deal with them any more, remember our old saying, stop taking players who excel on losing teams. ahmmm. are we going to go there again. I bet the don is already closing that book and picking up another one.

GetRealistic

Starter
CAmby and Thomas for Zbo and Mardy Collins? Don't really fit having Kaman and Camby playing next to each other.

Nothing more then a pipe dream but still.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
CAmby and Thomas for Zbo and Mardy Collins? Don't really fit having Kaman and Camby playing next to each other.

Nothing more then a pipe dream but still.

If you want to live up to your name for once and get realistic, you have to get some logic.

Camby would be a better fit in LA than Randolph.

Kaman is already a proven offensive center with a lot of skill.

Camby has played a lot of PF in the past and would increase the Clippers interior defense to the next level. Camby doesn't demand a lot of shots and averages 3.3 assist. Total opposite for Randolph. Which makes Camby the better fit.

We KNOW Randolph will make the Clippers a lottery team for years to come, and I'm sure Clippers know this two.

Clippers won and got the defensive player of the year on their team now, who can change between PF/C.

Walsh should of traded for Randolph when he had the chance.

Whats ****ing crazy is that Kaman came close to averaging 13 rebounds and 3 blocks like Camby...to have them together would be a threat for every team in the NBA. You know Clips got rebounding and shot blocking and interior defense and size covered in the paint. Now they just need Eric Gordon to have a Ben Gordon type season, Thorton is going to be an animal and Davis is always a borderline all star. I'm impressed with the Clippers for once.

umynot

Benchwarmer
I'm thinking this trade is most likely to happen now!

Camby does not make sense for the Clippers they have Caman!

I think Camby for Randolph and this kid Roberson we just signed!!

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
never happen...not to mention it would have to wait 2-3 month before it would be ABLE by league rules to happen...

umynot

Benchwarmer
That's exactly why this franchise will continue to lose. lol I still don't think Gallinari can post up, because I've never seen him post up in any of his youtube clips, and even draftexpress.com writes his post up as a weakness.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Danilo-Gallinari-535/
You're entitled to your opinion, though, and it's good to have someone in the forum that has actually watched him play while he was in Europe. I do not doubt that he will be a good player. It just scares me to know that Isiah Thomas helped influence Walsh into picking Gallinari. Thomas has been known for drafting role players, the entire time he's been with the Knicks, and until I see otherwise, that's how I predict Gallinari will end up playing. The last star Thomas drafted was in 1997, when he got McGrady. That was 11 years ago.

Isiah also drafted Lee & Chandler. He does have an eye for talent! Thing is he looks for hidden stars when you do that you are bound to miss judge one or 2! Fred Jones and Frye come to mind!
But it was not Isiah who convinced us on Gallo. The Knicks have actually hada scout named Webster watching this kid for 2 years now. D'Antoni also has some very close Friends in Italy and Europe who have raved about this kid.
Isiah was sent to scout him too and we must believe he had good things to say also but not the last say for sure. Donnie still regrets listening to Isiah and drafting Fred Jones over Teshan Prince!

Cant see knocking Donnie he has done nothing in his career to knock! He had a small market team competitive for many years.

Still see him making a move with the Clippers even with them trading for Camby. Camby might end up a Knick again!!:smokin: