LOL what the Nuggets want for MELO LOL

iSaYughh

Starter
The absolute of the statement, and entire premise of Melo being traded, is what destroys us.

Our chance, and edge...and it's a huge one...is in the uncertainty. Of Melo signing anywhere else and DEN being able to trade him versus him walking.

The uncertainty creates a potential zombie apocalypse fallout for DEN, and positions us primely.

Any absolute weakens our position. This absolute destroys it.

What Denver wants and what Denver gets are 2 totally different things.

1. They wait untill its to late (after trade deadline) and they get nothing for him.
2. They trade him to a team of his choice and get whatever is offered.

Mello holds almost all of the cards in this game/deal, so either they try and rape a team for a one year rental or they let him go this summer for nada........ or they trade him to NY for a slightly less than fair deal. ($$$, cap relief, draft picks and Will)

Toons

is the Bo$$
It's all a bunch of bullshit, no matter how retardedly annoying and tackless brokeg speaks...

point is, melo is not even NEEDED by us...He's so inefficient, with such average defense, that his rebouding prowess is fkn pointless.

If I hadda go after melo, I'd give up gallo and douglas and ar4 at the max...do with them what they want, but i dont care - no way am i giving a guy who can just leave the team in a few months for free....lols

yeah, because gallo will turn into dirk, wilson will be josh smith, an mozgov will be pau gasol. so no, we dont need melo, cuz AR wil lbe kevin garnette and fields will be a future mvp. Fields will be nothing more than mike dunlevey 2.0. That kiddies, is replaceable

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What Denver wants and what Denver gets are 2 totally different things.

1. They wait untill its to late (after trade deadline) and they get nothing for him.
2. They trade him to a team of his choice and get whatever is offered.

Mello holds almost all of the cards in this game/deal, so either they try and rape a team for a one year rental or they let him go this summer for nada........ or they trade him to NY for a slightly less than fair deal. ($$$, cap relief, draft picks and Will)

Bingo.

If they lose Carmelo for NOTHING then they're going to look like the joke of the league. Better to get a bag of chips in return than nothing at all.

Honestly I think the Nets are balking at how much it's going to cost them, and I've yet to read anything substantial that says Melo would sign an extension with the Nets...everything out there speaks of the contrary. Seriously, the Nets are 9-23 right now. They're on pace to win 23 games this season. If the Nets aren't a playoff team without him, at best they'll be a borderline playoff team with him and I don't think Carmelo's interested in 5 years of mediocrity (ie 8th seed, first round loss every year to the Heat).

The Knicks are already a top 5 (or 6) Eastern Conference Team WITHOUT Carmelo so with Carmelo they can easily catapult themselves into the top 3 discussions along with Boston and Miami (Celtics might not even be there if Garnett is out for an extended period of time).

Even if the Nets lost NOTHING and gained Carmelo I still think they'd be nothing more than a .500 team good for at best #7 in the Eastern Conference and a loss to the Celtics/Bulls/Magic in the first round.

I'm still having trouble believing that Carmelo would accept 4 years of mediocrity just to get the extra money the extension would offer him. We're NY, the biggest media market in the world, we can find a way to make up the difference that he'd lose (ie endorsement deals out the ass, get Alex Rodriguez to buy him a house, I dunno, something). There's a salary cap in the NBA, luckily that means Prokohov can't just hand Carmelo a $50 million dollar/year contract...which is good news for us

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Bingo.

If they lose Carmelo for NOTHING then they're going to look like the joke of the league. Better to get a bag of chips in return than nothing at all.

Honestly I think the Nets are balking at how much it's going to cost them, and I've yet to read anything substantial that says Melo would sign an extension with the Nets...everything out there speaks of the contrary. Seriously, the Nets are 9-23 right now. They're on pace to win 23 games this season. If the Nets aren't a playoff team without him, at best they'll be a borderline playoff team with him and I don't think Carmelo's interested in 5 years of mediocrity (ie 8th seed, first round loss every year to the Heat).

The Knicks are already a top 5 (or 6) Eastern Conference Team WITHOUT Carmelo so with Carmelo they can easily catapult themselves into the top 3 discussions along with Boston and Miami (Celtics might not even be there if Garnett is out for an extended period of time).

Even if the Nets lost NOTHING and gained Carmelo I still think they'd be nothing more than a .500 team good for at best #7 in the Eastern Conference and a loss to the Celtics/Bulls/Magic in the first round.

I'm still having trouble believing that Carmelo would accept 4 years of mediocrity just to get the extra money the extension would offer him. We're NY, the biggest media market in the world, we can find a way to make up the difference that he'd lose (ie endorsement deals out the ass, get Alex Rodriguez to buy him a house, I dunno, something). There's a salary cap in the NBA, luckily that means Prokohov can't just hand Carmelo a $50 million dollar/year contract...which is good news for us

What I don't understand is how is he unhappy with Denver but willing to go to the Nets??
that makes no sense.. He is going to be worse off in NJ than Den.
even if it lasts all the way to the trade deadline... if Melo does't want to go to the team that is giving Den the best offer all he has to say is I am not signing the extension.. Den. has NO leverage at all in this scenario...

Melo has his future in his hand... lets see if he really wants to be in NY.. I think the only way we should get Melo is if we sign him this off season I dont want the Knicks to Gut the whole team cause lets be frank.. Den wants a lot for him

What am I missing? Where is Denver's so call power? If Mello wants to come here then we can offer them a pack of franks because all the power is with Mello and the Knicks. We don't have to give them Shit. If Denver brass wants to ack like bitches they should get treated like one.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What I don't understand is how is he unhappy with Denver but willing to go to the Nets??
that makes no sense.. He is going to be worse off in NJ than Den.
even if it lasts all the way to the trade deadline... if Melo does't want to go to the team that is giving Den the best offer all he has to say is I am not signing the extension.. Den. has NO leverage at all in this scenario...

Melo has his future in his hand... lets see if he really wants to be in NY.. I think the only way we should get Melo is if we sign him this off season I dont want the Knicks to Gut the whole team cause lets be frank.. Den wants a lot for him

He gets to play in the NY area which is still a big market and all that, but here's the thing:

1. It's the Nets. Even when they were going to the finals, nobody went to their games.

2. It's the Nets, they suck. He won't WIN, even if he's in a big market.

Carmelo wants a championship like every other player in the NBA. I don't think we have to be scared of him going to New Jersey.

la2ny

Starter
He gets to play in the NY area which is still a big market and all that, but here's the thing:

1. It's the Nets. Even when they were going to the finals, nobody went to their games.

2. It's the Nets, they suck. He won't WIN, even if he's in a big market.

Carmelo wants a championship like every other player in the NBA. I don't think we have to be scared of him going to New Jersey.
Maybe he's seen Just Wright and he wants to be Scott McKnight

moneyg

Starter
yeah, because gallo will turn into dirk, wilson will be josh smith, an mozgov will be pau gasol. so no, we dont need melo, cuz AR wil lbe kevin garnette and fields will be a future mvp. Fields will be nothing more than mike dunlevey 2.0. That kiddies, is replaceable

i think to improve our team we have to give up something... we need a big in the worse way...

if we gave up a gallo, and a td and AR.. we would be saving about 8+mil in 2011. get melo now and try to keep fields and/or chandler..

if we do that we can sign a big like nene or west

if we dont.. we can only sign melo in 2011 and would have to pick up a scrub big... or use t Mo.. and we would still be far from elite...

save the money for a big... give up these replacable dudes so we can get a big..

if denver cam to me and wanted gallo, ar, td curry, azzy and a first rounder for for nene and melo i would do it..

felton
fields
melo
amare
nene

thats a good mix of defense and offense

tiger0330

Legend
This reminds me of the Hershel Walker trade... Not sure if you guys remember that but that trade made Dallas what they were in the 90s so.. If any team is dumb enough to make a trade than good luck... Hopefully Walsh will not wait until the trade deadline when all the other quality guys have already been moved. If I am Walsh, I wait another week or 2 then I start to look at other players; if Melo is there this off season then I will sign him.
I do remember that trade, when the Vikes made it I could not believe what they gave away. I think it was ranked as the worst trade in sports history and a reminder of it should be on every GMs desk to keep them from doing something stupid like trading 5 1st round draft picks.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
More like the Pierzynski trade.

A few years back the SF Giants traded Boof Bonser, Joe Nathan, and Francisco Liriano to the Twins for AJ Pierzynski. Pierzynski stayed on the Giants for only a year, while Nathan is an all-star closer with the Twins and Liriano has contended for a Cy Young multiple times.

It's pretty sad.