Marbury rips Isiah's idea of having Curry as the centerpiece

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
BUT!

I argue if Marbs would have been drafted somehow by the knicks. (won't have been really possible) but anyway, I think he would have had a chance to work with Ward, to be a NBA player, not a street baller. CP3 was a streetballer until he played highschool ball and took it seriously look at what he has become one of the top PGs in the league.

Isiaherr might be to blame for Marbs role as a player to this team, no doubt about that.

Marbs was a talent in NJ. Real All Star. This is what I talked about earlier... Players role on the team is KEY.

SOme of those moves Marbs made.. remind me of Derrick Rose a lot.....

Give it a shot.

Do you really believe that? Forget about last year but did you not see him against the bucks a few years ago or against T-Mac and the Magic where he averaged almost a triple double for the series (25, 9 and 9). Since you're such a numbers guy do you really believe marbury's capable of posting 25,9 and 9 in a playoff series?

metrocard

Legend
BUT!

I argue if Marbs would have been drafted somehow by the knicks. (won't have been really possible) but anyway, I think he would have had a chance to work with Ward, to be a NBA player, not a street baller. CP3 was a streetballer until he played highschool ball and took it seriously look at what he has become one of the top PGs in the league.

Isiaherr might be to blame for Marbs role as a player to this team, no doubt about that.

Marbs was a talent in NJ. Real All Star. This is what I talked about earlier... Players role on the team is KEY.

SOme of those moves Marbs made.. remind me of Derrick Rose a lot.....

Yesssir

My point still stands strong. :smokin:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbs has had "bad luck" you might call it. Some say he is a cancer. Some say its the players around him. But its his lack of leadership, and motivation that has made his unsuccess the way it is.

I don't want to get into fights with you guys cause you all are cool. But I got my opinion.

Steph does seem to try hard some nights, but other nights his effort is unexistant, I do blame most of it on Isiaherr. BUT he didn't like whats goin on in NY. Marbs would have asked for a trade a while ago...

I agree partially. I dont think hes a cancer, I think he just has had bad luck. You cant blame Marbury for not trying hard on some nights when the Knicks fall behind early and no ones playing any defense. In the blowout loss to the Celtics, whats Marbury suppose to do? I remember Curry settin a pick on Marbury early in that game and he did it again recently. He doesnt help, he only gets in the way. When your own teammates get in your way and fail to play any defense, theres nothin any 1 individual can do. Its rare when the Knicks do play good so its unfair to blame Marbury for his effort being non-existant on some nights. From what I see as long as its a close game he almost always plays hard but how often are the Knicks in a close game?

nyKnicks126

I agree partially. I dont think hes a cancer, I think he just has had bad luck. You cant blame Marbury for not trying hard on some nights when the Knicks fall behind early and no ones playing any defense. In the blowout loss to the Celtics, whats Marbury suppose to do? I remember Curry settin a pick on Marbury early in that game and he did it again recently. He doesnt help, he only gets in the way. When your own teammates get in your way and fail to play any defense, theres nothin any 1 individual can do. Its rare when the Knicks do play good so its unfair to blame Marbury for his effort being non-existant on some nights. From what I see as long as its a close game he almost always plays hard but how often are the Knicks in a close game?

I get what you are saying, I agree too. But that one individual is the point guard. That one veteran is Marbury. If he doesn't like something he should say it not run from it. He's gotta be the vocal leader of the team, cause right now I see a forward named David Lee bring that leadership, and vocal leadership on the team. A Point guard does have to carry at LEAST SOME leadership in them. I believe Marbs would have the leadership only if the work ethic was there from his teammates example, Eddy Curry. Isiaherr has made a huge mess Getting players from poor teams, and it has resulted into a New York Knicks team we are witnessing today. Poor leadership, inexperienced, low chem, and NO DEFENSE!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It happens every time and yet it has nothing to do with Steph? Why is it never his fault bro?

His defense was greatly improved but still inconsistent at times. You brought Ray Allen up earlier, Allen killed the Knicks at that game in the Garden last year. Remember? The one where Steph missed the foul shot.

Marbury has great talent I never disputed that. the reason why I brought up the hall of fame was to further illustrate how a comparison under any circumstances between Kidd and Marbury is silly.

You proved nothing man you just copied and pasted numbers. Bottom line Kidd's team 4 Marbury's team 0. In my book losing to your adversary like that in such a humiliating fashion is getting owned.

Thats funny that you would bring up Marbury missing that foul shot. He had 40 points that game and if it wasnt for him that game would have been a blowout.

You also brought up Ray Allen killing the Knicks. What did you catch the highlights of that game? Crawford didnt play so Q-Rich guarded Ray Allen for most of the game. Ray Allen had 29pts on 9-22 shooting, Rashard Lewis did just as much to help beat the Knicks. Marbury hit 6 out of 7 freethrows but the KNicks as a team were only 24 for 38. But yea Marbury scored 40 points but it was his fault the Knicks won, asshole.

I was talking about the game earlier in the season. Ray Allen scored 11 pts while only shooting 3-10 in 36 minutes. Marbury had 28pts on 9-17 shooting to help the Knicks get a 111-93 victory. This was part of the 3 month stretch where Marbury was "Starbury" before getting injured.

["Marbury was great on defense. It was one of the best defensive games I've ever seen him play,'' Thomas said. "He went out and guarded him and played extremely hard and then he had a good offensive game going, too.''

Allen finished with 11 points, shooting just 3-of-10, but no one took the scoring load for the slumping Sonics.]

The above was part of the postgame recap.

Now, back to the Knicks and Nets in the playoffs. You said that Kidds team won 4 games and Marburys team won 0 games. I guess if you word it like that it makes Marbury look bad but thats leavin out most of the story.

The Nets won 4 games and swept the Knicks. Marbury and Kidd both didnt have the best series as you can tell by looking at their turnovers and shooting percentages. I guees you could say Kidd slightly outplayed Marbury but there was no "owning". Kidd had better teammates, there was no way the Knicks were winning.

When you gonna give up and admit you lost? I expected more from you. Your arguements have been weak and dissapointing.

A direct question to you and msg... 4th quarter of a game 7 who do you want playing baron davis or stephon marbury?

Thats a coin flip

I get what you are saying, I agree too. But that one individual is the point guard. That one veteran is Marbury. If he doesn't like something he should say it not run from it. He's gotta be the vocal leader of the team, cause right now I see a forward named David Lee bring that leadership, and vocal leadership on the team. A Point guard does have to carry at LEAST SOME leadership in them. I believe Marbs would have the leadership only if the work ethic was there from his teammates example, Eddy Curry. Isiaherr has made a huge mess Getting players from poor teams, and it has resulted into a New York Knicks team we are witnessing today. Poor leadership, inexperienced, low chem, and NO DEFENSE!

I agree thats the one thing I dont like about Marbury is that hes not a vocal leader and he doesnt get on his teammates. I think hes a leader on the court but not in the locker room and thats what this team needs. At the same time this isnt a team, its a group of players and no statements can be made with 100% accuracy about any player on this team. In other words, maybe Curry sucks on this team but he might be the key player for another team that can do a better job of teaching and conditioning him. With that statement, Im stickin up for the entire team which is unusual of me but a very large percentage, almost all the blame goes to Isiah Thomas.

Last edited:

swish

Rookie
Interesting comments in this thread

I think Marbury gets a bad rap on some things but he also brings some other very valid arguments against him onto himself .

Some other things I wouldnt consider Crawfords 50 pt game a "once in a lifetime ' game as he had already scored 50 pts in a game before .If anything it proved the first one was no fluke and moved him up the ladder on the opposing teams scouting report.

Also in the sea game in question Earl Watson had 23 and 9 and was going nutz along with Allen .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Interesting comments in this thread

I think Marbury gets a bad rap on some things but he also brings some other very valid arguments against him onto himself .

Some other things I wouldnt consider Crawfords 50 pt game a "once in a lifetime ' game as he had already scored 50 pts in a game before .If anything it proved the first one was no fluke and moved him up the ladder on the opposing teams scouting report.

Also in the sea game in question Earl Watson had 23 and 9 and was going nutz along with Allen .

I remember alot of that 23 and 9 happened while Steve Francis was in the game. Francis was almost as bad as Crawford on defense, I remember both of them constantly gettin beat off the dribble.

Crawfords got talent on offense but he has proven that he will never be able to spell consistent. He has a good game once every 5 games and once very year or 2 explodes for a huge game. I would not ignore Crawford on my scouting report, I would put my best defender on him. He'll keep shootin even when hes missing all his shots and has helped out opposing teams more often then not.

nyKnicks126

I agree thats the one thing I dont like about Marbury is that hes not a vocal leader and he doesnt get on his teammates. I think hes a leader on the court but not in the locker room and thats what this team needs. At the same time this isnt a team, its a group of players and no statements can be made with 100% accuracy about any player on this team. In other words, maybe Curry sucks on this team but he might be the key player for another team that can do a better job of teaching and conditioning him. With that statement, Im stickin up for the entire team which is unusual of me but a very large percentage, almost all the blame goes to Isiah Thomas.

I agree 100%. You are right. And I am happy to see two huge fans agree on this subject so well.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea it feels better to agree but even if we disagree its different because your a big part of this website and deserve respect. EC's house special, lilman Bklyn (who has dissapeared since gettin deboed), NYK_NYK, and all other chumps like them dont get a pass.

swish

Rookie
I remember alot of that 23 and 9 happened while Steve Francis was in the game. Francis was almost as bad as Crawford on defense, I remember both of them constantly gettin beat off the dribble.

Crawfords got talent on offense but he has proven that he will never be able to spell consistent. He has a good game once every 5 games and once very year or 2 explodes for a huge game. I would not ignore Crawford on my scouting report, I would put my best defender on him. He'll keep shootin even when hes missing all his shots and has helped out opposing teams more often then not.

So essentially you gave marbury who played 46 minutes a pass ?

Watson had 23 and 9

Allen 29 8 and 7

Lewis 24 8 and 7

If Marbury played 46 minutes wouldnt he have to guard at least one of these guys ?

The knicks as a team are not consistent .When was the last time we started the same lineup for 30 consecutive games ?Its always something happening, its always drama, its always change.Im looking up the numbers and I see Crawford over the last 10 games and hes averaging 21 ppg on 44% shooting.Ive seen all but maybe two games and Im looking back at the game logs from this year and last and he doesnt have the 1-9 every 4 games that he used to have .He used to be what I would call a extremes meaning when he's good hes off the charts and when he was bad he was the same.This year he is not having those extreme high and lows and seems to be doing much better .Ive seen growth but its not enough to get us to our ultimate goal so I would move him if I could .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...stephon_marbury_rips_isiah_thomas_scheme.html

Yes!!!!, its about damn time. Marbury took this team to the playoffs one year and was deaded by Isiah and was told to play a more passive role; which has failed miserably.

Please, Marbury is far from stubborn; he's frustrated because Isiah didn't surround him shooters/defenders; men who can compliment his game.

He went 23-19 with not much of a talented roster of Anderson, TT, KT, Nazr...with Harrington as the 6thman. All Isiah had to do was add another shot blocker to the mix and a SG who can SHOOT, and a SF who was CONSISTANT. We were over .500 at that team and only could of gotten better.

Instead Isiah fucked it all up and that is reason why I hate him and I hate people who defend him from years ago to now. Fuck him and the Isiahsexuals. Marbury declared war on this goon and me as frustrated obsessed Knick fan will ride with him till this asshole is out of NYC and never near the NBA.

Starbury doesnt have much of a right to accuse any1 of anything after the way hes been playin, but Eddy Curry has been a disaster 4 most of his time in NY. now while the chicago bulls have done some retarded things since MJ was gone, getting rid of curry was one of their bright spots. curry could never play defense or rebound and they gave him a big contract. So they decided to get rid of him (now think what GM would ever give 2 first-round picks 4 this guy), oh wait thats right we got ISIAH THOMAS AS OUR FUCKIN GM. curry was a dud when larry was here, but he actually looked pretty good last year, and now he sucks. so starbury i gotta give this to u!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So essentially you gave marbury who played 46 minutes a pass ?

Watson had 23 and 9

Allen 29 8 and 7

Lewis 24 8 and 7

If Marbury played 46 minutes wouldnt he have to guard at least one of these guys ?

The knicks as a team are not consistent .When was the last time we started the same lineup for 30 consecutive games ?Its always something happening, its always drama, its always change.Im looking up the numbers and I see Crawford over the last 10 games and hes averaging 21 ppg on 44% shooting.Ive seen all but maybe two games and Im looking back at the game logs from this year and last and he doesnt have the 1-9 every 4 games that he used to have .He used to be what I would call a extremes meaning when he's good hes off the charts and when he was bad he was the same.This year he is not having those extreme high and lows and seems to be doing much better .Ive seen growth but its not enough to get us to our ultimate goal so I would move him if I could .

I watched the game, I remember it. I was inspired by Marburys defense that he played from Jan to early April and used his technique over the summer. I shut down everyone I played against. While Francis was in the game Watson kept hittin shots, I remember because I watched the game. You probably just looked at the boxscore the next day. Its impossible to completely shut some1 down, not even Artest does this.

I want him traded to just so he can finally get a fair chance. This years been F*cked up. He lost his aunt, his pops.

Starbury doesnt have much of a right to accuse any1 of anything after the way hes been playin, but Eddy Curry has been a disaster 4 most of his time in NY. now while the chicago bulls have done some retarded things since MJ was gone, getting rid of curry was one of their bright spots. curry could never play defense or rebound and they gave him a big contract. So they decided to get rid of him (now think what GM would ever give 2 first-round picks 4 this guy), oh wait thats right we got ISIAH THOMAS AS OUR FUCKIN GM. curry was a dud when larry was here, but he actually looked pretty good last year, and now he sucks. so starbury i gotta give this to u!

Marburys got every rite to rip Isiah, he has completely destroyed whatever was left of Marburys rep. Crawford absolutely sucked in Novemeber while Marbury was playin arite. Marbury gets benched and Crawford doesnt. Thats some bullshit. And at no point of this season was Marbury playin bad. Hes has some good games but for the most part Id say hes been arite.

I watched the game, I remember it. I was inspired by Marburys defense that he played from Jan to early April and used his technique over the summer.

What technique was this? I gotta game this weekend ;)

Its impossible to completely shut some1 down, not even Artest does this.

He must not be skilled in all the subtle nuances of Starbury defending...

I shut down everyone I played against.
...where as you obviously are. :smokin:

I'm so tired of you guys who never say anything bad about Stephon going on and on about his d. Listen if we're praising him about his d then you know other parts of his game hasn't been up to snuff. Lets be real if Gary Payton was the glove, Marbury for most of his career was the hole in glove.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What technique was this? I gotta game this weekend ;)

He must not be skilled in all the subtle nuances of Starbury defending...

...where as you obviously are. :smokin:

I'm so tired of you guys who never say anything bad about Stephon going on and on about his d. Listen if we're praising him about his d then you know other parts of his game hasn't been up to snuff. Lets be real if Gary Payton was the glove, Marbury for most of his career was the hole in glove.

Theres not a pg close defensivly to Payton. Ive said a couple times over the past couple of days that Marburys not a vocal leader in the locker room. Marburys defensive technique? If you watched him last year you would know what Im talkin about. Walt Frazier knows what im talkin about it, he often described it as Marbury "clingin to his opponent like a cheap suit."

GetRealistic

Starter
Walt Frazier isn't allowed to say anything negitive about the Knicks. I love the guy but he knows that the legendary Marv Albert got fired for talking negitively. Frazier was probably the best defensive guard of his era do you really believe he thinks Marbury on a night in and night out basis plays great defense. Anybody can play defense once in a while the great defenders do it every night.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Walt Frazier isn't allowed to say anything negitive about the Knicks. I love the guy but he knows that the legendary Marv Albert got fired for talking negitively. Frazier was probably the best defensive guard of his era do you really believe he thinks Marbury on a night in and night out basis plays great defense. Anybody can play defense once in a while the great defenders do it every night.

Not this year but in Marburys defense hes had alot to deal with and hasnt played enough games consecutively. Last year he did play great defense on a nightly basis, Walt even said he thought last year was Marburys best year. Frazier wouldnt get on a players dick for no reason and he does make negative comments. All of them have made negative comments this year without any consequences. I dont have any specific examples that I can think of but it seemed like they were throwin subliminals at Isiah.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
no these homos dont understand. They prefer to suck off Isiah and be Isiahsexuals. We tried as hard as we could (no homo) to save them.