Marbury rips Knicks and D'Antoni, says Nate shoots a lot and comments on Lebron

Paul1355

All Star
ummm i like marbury but now he just sounds like a sore loser...of course he is going to knock on Mike D and the front office because they dealt with marbury terribly.

Poor move on marbury..seriously you said enough in the past, just keep your mouth shut and "enjoy life like MJ." And move on.

The only thing I agree with is the analysis of Marbury and the Knicks offense...yes it is a disgrace seeing the Knicks run up the court and jack up three's...i don't understand it unless they are on fire from downtown which happens only sometimes. You can't rely on the three point shot or you will have a 32 win season...sound familiar?

jzero29

Rotation player
It's sad

It's sad, because he is sooooo talented, but he's out of his f'n mind. He's disruptive and just not able to control his ego. He's no doubt still got talent, and probably better then any point guard on the knicks, if he wasn't nuts. He's just not sane. If only he could see how his attitude destroys his value. Swallow his pride and realize he's not the be all end all of the universe. He has not gotten a raw deal.
Marbury, you could have helped lure lebron if you weren't a total and complete hopeless jackass.

smokes

Huge Member
Alan Hahn also asked Robinson about Stephon Marbury's recent criticism of the Knicks. In response, Robinson lowered his eyes to the ground and shook his head, seemingly more sad than angry. "We're praying for him," Robinson said.

Hater or fan, all of us should be praying for Marbury. At the end of the day it's very sad to see a talented individual hit rock bottom.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Marbury's opinion of the knicks as a FAN is correct. Just like many of us on this site, we all remember the good seasons when defense and good ball distribution won games. I'm not a huge fan of the 7 sec or less offense (w/ no D) but I do want them to succeed. There is a bitter side to Marbury for being exiled but that's normal for anyone who had to go through that.

His reasoning for LBJ not coming to NY is also correct. Remember, as much as you may not like Steph, he's still part of the NBA fraternity and knows what goes on in guys minds when its time to sign a contract.

The Nate comment was a bit surprising but I understand his point. People have always called Steph a shoot first selfish guard but Nate plays the same way (most of the time) and doesn't get half the criticism.

I don't think he will be back in the league for the money he wants BUT if he humbles himself he could be part of a championship team (off the bench) if he's willing to accept a severely reduced role.

jzero29

Rotation player
good luck

Marbury's opinion of the knicks as a FAN is correct. Just like many of us on this site, we all remember the good seasons when defense and good ball distribution won games. I'm not a huge fan of the 7 sec or less offense (w/ no D) but I do want them to succeed. There is a bitter side to Marbury for being exiled but that's normal for anyone who had to go through that.

His reasoning for LBJ not coming to NY is also correct. Remember, as much as you may not like Steph, he's still part of the NBA fraternity and knows what goes on in guys minds when its time to sign a contract.

The Nate comment was a bit surprising but I understand his point. People have always called Steph a shoot first selfish guard but Nate plays the same way (most of the time) and doesn't get half the criticism.

I don't think he will be back in the league for the money he wants BUT if he humbles himself he could be part of a championship team (off the bench) if he's willing to accept a severely reduced role.
good luck with the humbling.

Scribbles

Rotation player
he's still part of the NBA fraternity and knows what goes on in guys minds when its time to sign a contract.

Eating Vaseline?

Stripping on Livestream?

Smoking pot then ADMITTING you smoke pot?

...uhhh....how do you explain him not being on any roster right now?

Yea he definitely know what to do when it's time to sign a contract.

KingCharles34

All Star
Marburys opinions are right on point...i know hes gonna comeback after this year and return to all star form but someday when he retires he would make a very good broadcaster.

jzero29

Rotation player
Marburys opinions are right on point...i know hes gonna comeback after this year and return to all star form but someday when he retires he would make a very good broadcaster.
are you serious??? 1. I don't know if thats a typo, but I disagree, he will never regain allstar form, he's a destructive force in the NBA, I doubt he'll ever even play NBA ball again. DO you really think it is by his choice he's taken a break from playing??? HE had no serious offers. Thats like getting a rejection letter from colleges and saying I'd rather work at McDonalds then go to school.
2. He's to eratic to be a broadcaster, no one in right mind would give him a job, because at any moment he can erupt into one of his insane epiloges and that would be the end of it.

All that said, I didnt 100% agree with everything he said. He's right about this team not drawing, but he's wrong about the talent. He's wrong about nate sort of. Nate is the same type of player he was/is, but he's young, not a veteran and Last season, I believe he became more selective on his shot selection and tried to distribute the ball better. He's learning and coachable. Unlike Starbury.
He may not have been 100% to blame, but as a veteran in that locker room he did nothing to stem the tide, he did nothing but undermine any coaching authority.
He has no right to rip these guys, they are young and talented, but lacked strong veteran leadership and coaching from him and Isiah. Marbury practically lead them to revolt against larry brown. That is who they were learning from marbury.
It takes time to repair damaged guys. I'm not saying these guys are all stars but they are a good group of young players, an allstar or two inserted here, could really make a difference.
AS far as no one wanting to come here, this is the NBA and NY, some money hungry free agent will come here because he'll make millions in endorsments alone in NY, not to mention the contract they'll get.
Donnie walsh if forced will throw a bucket of cash at someone to get them to come here. WIll it be who we want or someone else??? probably someone else, but still it will be someone.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
You Know some things he says bug a lot of people but he is right. I think D'antoni is a good coach though just not with shitty players lol