Marbury: THEY SCARED NOW, WE GOT HELPED NOW

Starks

Starter
IT WAS A POWER MOVE, WE NEEDED IT AND WE GOTTED IT.

WHATS UP TALK TO ME

Reported today:
"One of the first plays Mike D'Antoni is expected to draw up as the Knicks' new coach is for Stephon Marbury to run up the Garden floor ... and out the door back to Phoenix to rejoin the Suns.

Once D'Antoni is formally named to succeed Isiah Thomas, he is expected to try to make a push for two of his favorite Suns - forward Boris Diaw and guard Leandro Barbosa, who reportedly have fallen out of favor with Suns management. According to a person close to D'Antoni, one of his first moves would be to get the Knicks to offer Marbury and his expiring $22 million contract as a central part of the deal.

Because of the Suns players mentioned in this scenario, no one will be surprised if D'Antoni starts lobbying Donnie Walsh today to call Phoenix president Steve Kerr to begin trade talks.

"He loves Boris and Barbosa and he didn't like Marbury when he had him," said the source. "So this is the type of move that can jump-start D'Antoni's program right off the bat. He went to New York with the notion that he will have input and help alter the roster to get his kind of players."

Although Marbury played only a handful of games for D'Antoni before coming to New York in January 2004, after two-plus seasons in Phoenix, D'Antoni doesn't view Marbury as a winning player or someone he thinks can play point guard in his system."

So much for that

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Fuck D'antoni. For the most part he has a good eye for talent but hes the same idiot that said shaq would help the suns :lol:

they ended up gettin OWNED by the Spurs, it was a f*ckin joke.

Marburys not the same person he was in 03, hes 31 years old now. Its not like were goin anywhere next year anways, were only gonna end up spendin more $$$ if we try to move marbury. I hope D'an-phony isnt tryin to win now.

pat

Starter
Reported today:
"One of the first plays Mike D'Antoni is expected to draw up as the Knicks' new coach is for Stephon Marbury to run up the Garden floor ... and out the door back to Phoenix to rejoin the Suns.

Once D'Antoni is formally named to succeed Isiah Thomas, he is expected to try to make a push for two of his favorite Suns - forward Boris Diaw and guard Leandro Barbosa, who reportedly have fallen out of favor with Suns management. According to a person close to D'Antoni, one of his first moves would be to get the Knicks to offer Marbury and his expiring $22 million contract as a central part of the deal.

Because of the Suns players mentioned in this scenario, no one will be surprised if D'Antoni starts lobbying Donnie Walsh today to call Phoenix president Steve Kerr to begin trade talks.

"He loves Boris and Barbosa and he didn't like Marbury when he had him," said the source. "So this is the type of move that can jump-start D'Antoni's program right off the bat. He went to New York with the notion that he will have input and help alter the roster to get his kind of players."

Although Marbury played only a handful of games for D'Antoni before coming to New York in January 2004, after two-plus seasons in Phoenix, D'Antoni doesn't view Marbury as a winning player or someone he thinks can play point guard in his system."

So much for that

That would explain a lot. For example why Marbury is listed in the "who will flourish under D'Antoni"- poll here, but not on the official Knicks-page. With or without Marbury, I wouldn't mind Diaw and Barbosa on the squad. It's not like Diaw & Barbosa vs rebuild. They are both not that old.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
D'antoni denied that report and said he looks forward to coachin marbury and that hes very talented. Who are we suppose to believe? Im still very unsure about this move, theres alot of good arguements on both sides. Donnie Walsh said during the press conference that he wants the knicks to be a winning team as soon as possible. It will be an interesting draft and off season, i hope in a good way.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Steph and D'antoni are both saying the right things. I don't believe either one. We all know that Steph will welcome a new coach in, only to jump on a plane, threaten to blackmail, or sit and sulk on the bench with a towel on his head the first time the new coach tells him to something he doesn't want to do. I am all about clean slates and second or third chances, but the reality is your actions don't take place in a vacuum. Adults understand there are consequences for what you do, good or bad. Children think you can do something one day and not pay for it the next. Likewise history points to the fact that when Mike D'antoni is in, "Starbury" is out in favor of a "true" point guard and distributor, which is what his offense revolves around. Steph has never shown the abiltity to play inside a team concept, which is why I believe the "rumor" that D'antoni wants him gone. If you were starting a new job in a supervisory position, and one of your future employees had a record of insubordination, bad attendence, and had threatened the former boss, what would you do??? You might make one of the conditions of you taking the job is that certain people are gone in a reasonable timeframe. I believe Steph is being shopped right now to determine his value or lack thereoff. Sufficive to say I think the "Starbury" era is over in NY. In a side note there are mad "sour grapes" in Chicagoland over Mike taking the Knicks job without so much calling the Bulls back after interviewing with them. Reinsdorf is crying about how "rude" it was. Funny.

Pricey

Rotation player
We will find out in a week what his plans are after the NBA Draft. Its safe to say if we somehow got Rose, Marbury would be shipped out if someone wanted him. If we take anything but a PG then he will be starting PG next season. I did hear something about TJ Ford coming to NY which is interesting, not sure if there is any cred to that story but.

nyk24

Rookie
We should only trade Mabury under these circumstances:

1) We acquire a pass-first floor general as a point guard whether its via draft or trade. If we can get a guy like Derrick Rose then I guess mission accomplished.

2) We get back draft picks and/or cash.

Marbury is more valuable to us on our roster. We keep him, maybe he's productive, maybe he isn't. After this season, he's off the books along with Malik Rose, making us $30 million closer to being under the cap.

Yup!

We should only trade Mabury under these circumstances:

1) We acquire a pass-first floor general as a point guard whether its via draft or trade. If we can get a guy like Derrick Rose then I guess mission accomplished.

2) We get back draft picks and/or cash.

Marbury is more valuable to us on our roster. We keep him, maybe he's productive, maybe he isn't. After this season, he's off the books along with Malik Rose, making us $30 million closer to being under the cap.

Couldn't be any more simple than that! Thats exactly what we should be thinking.