Mike D'antoni is going to ruin everything.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I'm still laughing at you but as I laugh here this...All those stats mean shit when your team gives up 105+ on average which Antoni team's average. I can't believe you tried to use the stat in Bold in your argument... That is the reason Antoni sucks. LOL Antoni's teams have NEVER been in the top 20 in defense. Ever. Show me where you're getting your stats from that shows they ever were. You can't because it's not true. :boohoo:

Anyways...Antoni's D is in true form so far again today. 29 points against us in the 1st quarter at home to the Granger-less slumping Pacers? You're funny man.

Do your home work about his Phoenix teams, it's right there on the internet if you look; not my job to find the stats for you but it is YOUR JOB to find them to rebuke me! Also, his Phoenix teams were better than this current version of the Knicks. I guess holding Atlanta to 79, Miami to 86 and New Orleans to 88 doesn't count...This team, as it is now and for the rest of the season, has played together for a month!!! Think they need a little more time to get used to each other.

KingofNy

Starter
Do your home work about his Phoenix teams, it's right there on the internet if you look; not my job to find the stats for you but it is YOUR JOB to find them to rebuke me! Also, his Phoenix teams were better than this current version of the Knicks. I guess holding Atlanta to 79, Miami to 86 and New Orleans to 88 doesn't count...This team, as it is now and for the rest of the season, has played together for a month!!! Think they need a little more time to get used to each other.

You are the one claiming false stats. If you're gonna post em, provide a link otherwise it's all garbage. I'm not surprised that you can't prove any of the stats you posted because they're not true.

Your boy is doing a great job of coaching again tonight. We played defense like 15 games this season...what happened to the rest? I guess we can blame the players on the other 45 then right? LOL

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
I love how whiney this thread sounds all that's missing from the title is

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Then go back to the "I want everyone to suck Antoni's cock and we're gonna cry and beg people not to hate our coach" thread... You guys can all hang out there and talk about how good of a coach your mancrush is and how he was once a good defensive coach in another life. lol

Maybe once we get two more all-stars we can hold team's to less than 103 points.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
You are the one claiming false stats. If you're gonna post em, provide a link otherwise it's all garbage. I'm not surprised that you can't prove any of the stats you posted because they're not true.

Your boy is doing a great job of coaching again tonight. We played defense like 15 games this season...what happened to the rest? I guess we can blame the players on the other 35 then right? LOL

I'm not putting up false stats, you are just being lazy and trying to goat me into doing your job... GOOGLE IT! This is the 11th game since the trade, and 3 of those 11 games we held teams to under 90, could have been 4 if we didn't have the entire bench in against Utah. So, you need to give this team a chance to gel. There isn't a coach in this league that could get more defensive production out of this current roster; they are woefully undersized!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Lmao @ at dude saying MDA "NEVER" had a top 20 defense with PHX; wrong.

One of those four years they ranked 13th overall.

:thumbsup:
It's so easy to just post Mike D sucks and his teams never played D... How hard is it to go out and get the stats for the years he coached the suns and then average it out... LAZY!

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Then go back to the "I want everyone to suck Antoni's cock and we're gonna cry and beg people not to hate our coach" thread... You guys can all hang out there and talk about how good of a coach your mancrush is and how he was once a good defensive coach in another life. lol

Maybe once we get two more all-stars we can hold team's to less than 103 points.

Or I could visit and post in both being calm and level headed and say that neither thread is right but this one is far more wrong.

The future will not determine who was right but making comments like "Mike D'Antoni is going to ruin everything" before he's had a chance and without a crystal ball, well yeah I can say that's bullshit right off the bat.

MDA may well not be the right man for the job but you know how we're going to find out? I've said it before, I'll say it again and it's not going to change:

We let him succeed or fail having been given a reasonable shot at it.

Argue with that if you can, I dare ya. :smokin:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The point is, D'Antoni's teams have always been among the leaders in rebounds, blocks and steals... always in the top 5 for offense. This is his game and if the Knicks mimic the success the Suns had under his coaching.... We will always be in it...
Everyone screams to replace him but what coach is available that has a proven record of wining championships or consistent trips to the conference finals??? Doc Rivers was mentioned but until he had essentially an all star team to coach, what did he do??? Plus his players PLAY DEFENSE! Our 2 best players don't and never have!!!!

Last edited:

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
d'aint needs to stop experimenting with lineups right now while there is time. we are playing wildly inconsistently because of his jackass coaching an lineup changes... its like he standing on the sideline saying "look at me" "watch me coaching" jeez us... he is like a diva that is trying to stay more visible than his star players and its getting sickening. you just watch him at the garden and you'd think he thought he was performing at the met..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
d'aint needs to stop experimenting with lineups right now while there is time. we are playing wildly inconsistently because of his jackass coaching an lineup changes... its like he standing on the sideline saying "look at me" "watch me coaching" jeez us... he is like a diva that is trying to stay more visible than his star players and its getting sickening. you just watch him at the garden and you'd think he thought he was performing at the met..

I really think some of the people that are in this forum are clinically insane! First, D'Antoni sucks because he plays a short rotation now he sucks because he is shuffling the rotation too much!?!?! There were accusations that the Melo trade was being held up because D'Antoni didn't want to part with Gallo, then there were cries that we gave up too much!
Stunatmanmike, how is he shuffling hs rotation too much? Prove your point!! He consistantly plays the same starting lineup unless there is an injury. He has the same substitution regiment unless there is an injury or someone is brutally slumping! In fact, fair critisicm of him would be to say that people sit way to long on his bench with out ever playing. He can be rigid at times and finds it hard to forgive and forget and give players second chances; especially low level guys. So how is he mixing it up too much just to insert himself into the game?????? I see him, at times, waiting too long to insert himself!!! So, lets hear your case!

MusketeerX

Rotation player

I think his changing of the rotation is related to a new team and trying to find out what works, as well as him just quite simply being lost. He is trying to change his methods, but has no idea how. He realizes that Melo and Billups do not fit his scheme of coaching and is trying to find out how to coach differently.

Given he is a poor coach when it comes to coaching outside his comfort zone, the rest of the season, unfortunately, will be very messy.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think his changing of the rotation is related to a new team and trying to find out what works, as well as him just quite simply being lost. He is trying to change his methods, but has no idea how. He realizes that Melo and Billups do not fit his scheme of coaching and is trying to find out how to coach differently.

Given he is a poor coach when it comes to coaching outside his comfort zone, the rest of the season, unfortunately, will be very messy.

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree! He has a system and he implements it. He was hired because his system has put up some very good results. It made many players careers, Chandler is a perfect example... His approach to D is to put the hones on the player more than coming up with defensive playing schemes. He does at time move to the 3-2 zone defense now that Jeffries is back but for the most part plays a man to man D.
His 7 second offense was born out of necessity more than a philosophy. He uses it when he has a sub-par and undersized team to maximize out put. Now that he has a true point guard in Billups, he can now work out offensive schemes that he can give Billups to call out for play as well as giving Billups cart-blanch to guide the team the way he feels. So, if there is a change in the offense it's because Billups is getting more freedom to run it.

As far as his "comfort zone" is concerned.. If he doesn't have confidence in his PG then he will try to control it.... Like I said, you will see that change with Billups.

iSaYughh

Starter
Comfort zone...Sloan, eg, and many great coaches...,work with their players, and their gm who drafts and signs guys, for YEARS to devote to the coach's philosophy and system and make it a bedrock.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Listen, you are entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree! He has a system and he implements it. He was hired because his system has put up some very good results. It made many players careers, Chandler is a perfect example... His approach to D is to put the hones on the player more than coming up with defensive playing schemes. He does at time move to the 3-2 zone defense now that Jeffries is back but for the most part plays a man to man D.
His 7 second offense was born out of necessity more than a philosophy. He uses it when he has a sub-par and undersized team to maximize out put. Now that he has a true point guard in Billups, he can now work out offensive schemes that he can give Billups to call out for play as well as giving Billups cart-blanch to guide the team the way he feels. So, if there is a change in the offense it's because Billups is getting more freedom to run it.

As far as his "comfort zone" is concerned.. If he doesn't have confidence in his PG then he will try to control it.... Like I said, you will see that change with Billups.

And I totally disagree with you. Have you seen him on the side lines? Its like a chicken with its head cut of. He knows how to play Bball one way.... a way that it has one very large inherent flaw, and when he is forced to try something else, he has no idea what to do.

Look at their losses. They tried SSOL and it didn't work. Other teams outscored them by bunches. This team is a horrible mix for him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
And I totally disagree with you. Have you seen him on the side lines? Its like a chicken with its head cut of. He knows how to play Bball one way.... a way that it has one very large inherent flaw, and when he is forced to try something else, he has no idea what to do.

Look at their losses. They tried SSOL and it didn't work. Other teams outscored them by bunches. This team is a horrible mix for him.

Uh, no he looks like a man who is, at times, frustraded and other times outright agitated.
Do you guys understand the concept of team chemistry? I mean this team has been together for 4 weeks!!!! In that time they lost to some crappy teams but beat some top teams as well. You will continure to see this inconsistancy for a while until they learn how to play together as a team and start to really get the feel for each other. I swear you guys look for anything to blast him about!! I think you guys bitch just to bitch!

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Uh, no he looks like a man who is, at times, frustraded and other times outright agitated.
Do you guys understand the concept of team chemistry? I mean this team has been together for 4 weeks!!!! In that time they lost to some crappy teams but beat some top teams as well. You will continure to see this inconsistancy for a while until they learn how to play together as a team and start to really get the feel for each other. I swear you guys look for anything to blast him about!! I think you guys bitch just to bitch!

No, I truly believe he he has no clue what adjustments to make with a half court team. I find him to be stubborn and inflexible. You see it in his insistence to stick to his offense despite not having the players, his unwillingness to play Corey Brewer, Anthony Randolph. Mozgov and even little Nate back in the day.

When you only know how to run your team one way it makes sense you'll get frazzled out of your comfort zone in a half court set. It's the same reason I belive he doesn't know how to coach team D.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
No, I truly believe he he has no clue what adjustments to make with a half court team. I find him to be stubborn and inflexible. You see it in his insistence to stick to his offense despite not having the players, his unwillingness to play Corey Brewer, Anthony Randolph. Mozgov and even little Nate back in the day.

When you only know how to run your team one way it makes sense you'll get frazzled out of your comfort zone in a half court set. It's the same reason I belive he doesn't know how to coach team D.

Corey Brewer was on our team for like 3 days???? Also, wasn't the deal with his agent that the minute he cleared the Knicks would release him? AR was given a chance to win his spot on the team during the off season and the start of the season and he was inconsistent and way too raw for Mike D.
Also, to bring up Randolph just shows how rediculous your argument is since he was benched in Golden State as well for the exact same reasons! Nate didn't play???? Hmmm, I remember Nate playing all the time except for 1 2 month strentch during the entire 3 years he was coached by D'Antoni! Mozgov? Mr. 2 fouls in the first minute Mozgov? Him? Really??? Gee, I guess you are about D'Antoni since Mozgov is playing tons of minutes in Denver and lighting it up!!! Has he even played yet for Denver?

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Corey Brewer was on our team for like 3 days???? Also, wasn't the deal with his agent that the minute he cleared the Knicks would release him? AR was given a chance to win his spot on the team during the off season and the start of the season and he was inconsistent and way too raw for Mike D.
Also, to bring up Randolph just shows how rediculous your argument is since he was benched in Golden State as well for the exact same reasons! Nate didn't play???? Hmmm, I remember Nate playing all the time except for 1 2 month strentch during the entire 3 years he was coached by D'Antoni! Mozgov? Mr. 2 fouls in the first minute Mozgov? Him? Really??? Gee, I guess you are about D'Antoni since Mozgov is playing tons of minutes in Denver and lighting it up!!! Has he even played yet for Denver?

Corey Brewer said he would have liked to give it a try in NY, but it became obvious that MDA wasn't going to play him so he requested to go elsewhere. Randolph is a talented player doing well on Minnesota right now. AR is knucklehead, no doubt, but he is also very athletic and talented. In the Mozgov detroit game he had one blocked shot and 5 offensive rebounds in five minutes. His stat line for a knucklehead in Golden State was pretty good too. Nate Robinson picked up his game when he went to a team with Doc Rivers and some vet players. He was benched for an entire month for shooting at the wrong basket after time expired (albeit, like half a second after time expired, but still after time expired). A month was excessive. Mozgov was playing well for us over the month leading to his departure. He provided intangibles like altered shots and allowed Amar'e to rest off guarding the big guys. MDA didn't play him.

MDA is a poor coach when it comes to player management. He plays favorites, doesn't communicate and genuinely frustrates his role players. Roger Mason had this same complaint. Stephon Marbury the same. Dwade, when he played on the olympic team with MDA even said that MDA does not have the greatest excitement level when it comes to defense.

He is a brilliant offensive coach, but he is one dimensional. I didn't like him when the Knicks got him. Don't like him now. He is too inflexible. He can do well with his offense and that is about it.

Last edited: