Mobley Retires

Toons

is the Bo$$
dantoni also said that he is in no rush seeing how n8 is set to be back next game. I think if we had nate, we would have been a .500 team

any gallo updates?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
tuner thats actually not a bad option he's fast and has agood 3 point shot and coul dpass the rock....but he's in europe and could he get out of his contract so early?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I heard they're looking at Carlos Delfino (playing in Russia) too.

I wish they were, its a good tough player.
But thats pretty hard. A month ago his Russian club didnt pay the money in time because of the economic crysis, so all these rumours went around that Delfino may go to NBA for much lower salary but more security.
Since then, his team spent lots on a new coach, so I guess money isnt an issue anymore
If he's getting paid = he cant cancel his contract = we would need a buyout to sign him. His contract is for like 5 mil a year over there, and NBA rules allow buyouts only up to a few hundred K, so its pretty much impossible

Besides, if he does want to go back to NBA, he's restricted with Toronto, and they need a guard right now

Akamu

The King
I hope my eyes were playing tricks on me, tell me I didn't see Fred Jones name mentioned here-

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Money and player

On the money side, the theory is that they save 9 million next year in luxury tax (if the league grants medical retirement) plus they can try to get 10 million from insurance policy (on the theory that this was not a prior condition - the enlarged heart was, but the thickened walls are a degenerative condition, so they can argue that the retirement-causing condition occurred after the contract was signed). If both tactics work, they theoretically save 19 million or most of what it will cost to pay off Marbury.

However, the only reason to waive Marbury is to add an additional player now (Patrick Ewing Jr). I think that PEJr would develop faster in the D-League this year (where he will get more minutes) so why allow Marbury to help destroy chemistry somewhere else?

With the roster spot created by Mobley's retirement, the front-runner is Russian mob property Carlos Delfino. Maybe they can arrange with the Triad to sell Marbury to the Russians in return for Delfino and get some Ukranian mail-order brides to beef up the Knick City Dancers as an artificial sweetener?

Paul1355

All Star
Not good presently because he could use his experience, in the future its great because now that cap space is ours even earlier. In 2 years we are going to probably be able to get 2 big name players....we will afford it easily.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I heard they're looking at Carlos Delfino (playing in Russia) too.

either one would be a good pickup for us....i dont know mch about Delfine what are his strengths?....but i do know Pargo has a nasty outside shot and could passvery well, he's a faster, more consistent, and passing version of Roberson

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
either one would be a good pickup for us....i dont know mch about Delfine what are his strengths?

Delfino is really big and strong at SG, and has great feet work at defence. He doesnt get lots of steals (around 1.5 per 40 minutes), but really knows how to stay with his guy and annoy the hell out of him

he rebounds really well, mostly on missed 3 pointers because he's mostly bigger than his guy

On offense, he shoots 3s well, but he's pretty inconsistent and cant be the main passer
He can dribble well and can bring the ball up the court, but Duhon does that pretty well here
so when he's cold, he would start hurting our offence
Still, I think it's better to give 20 min at SG to a guy who can defend, rebound when he goes cold than to QRich, who wont do much during cold days

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Delfino is really big and strong at SG, and has great feet work at defence. He doesnt get lots of steals (around 1.5 per 40 minutes), but really knows how to stay with his guy and annoy the hell out of him

he rebounds really well, mostly on missed 3 pointers because he's mostly bigger than his guy

On offense, he shoots 3s well, but he's pretty inconsistent and cant be the main passer
He can dribble well and can bring the ball up the court, but Duhon does that pretty well here
so when he's cold, he would start hurting our offence
Still, I think it's better to give 20 min at SG to a guy who can defend, rebound when he goes cold than to QRich, who wont do much during cold days

thanks he sounds pretty good(no homo) cant be worse then what Q-Brick has doe with us right?