Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

The same thing most inexperienced rookie projects are, dude. Especially bigmen w a uniqu n vast skill set. Court time is needed. Like a fighter needing to spar hard. But you **** a guy up n retard overall progress if they are doing more floundering about, vs true learning under fire. Mistakes n all. Just like last nite. Even when Moz started slow, he looked confident. Not like a wounded r wild deer in a hummer's headlights.

Weve basically locked up a playoff birth, developed core guys tested the waters, and now have the emerging 7footer we've been craving looking to bloom at a great time. Home grown, no costly trade needed.

That looks like a masterful plan coming together.

I'm with you on that. I think...

Toons

is the Bo$$
MDA also said he was going back to his starters when healthy in a pregame interview. It took Moz to have a phenomenal game to even be considered for the rotation. So it really blows the theory that MDA waited until Moz was more ready OUT OF THE WATER. He had no confidence in this kid going into the game. He was ready to bench him again before the game started.

How exactly am I making assumptions? Fields is a much better player than he was earlier in the year because HE GETS TO PLAY. I'm not saying Moz would be as efficient as Fields is or on Field's level, but he'd be a much better player if HE GOT TO PLAY. He'd be more experienced and more confident.

Its just like driving a car. The more you do it the more experince and confidence you gain.

you have a point, but you have to consider that if you bang your car up, you can damage your confidence to a point where you just want to stick to riding a bike.

MDA also said he was going back to his starters when healthy in a pregame interview. It took Moz to have a phenomenal game to even be considered for the rotation. So it really blows the theory that MDA waited until Moz was more ready OUT OF THE WATER. He had no confidence in this kid going into the game. He was ready to bench him again before the game started.

How exactly am I making assumptions? Fields is a much better player than he was earlier in the year because HE GETS TO PLAY. I'm not saying Moz would be as efficient as Fields is or on Field's level, but he'd be a much better player if HE GOT TO PLAY. He'd be more experienced and more confident.

Its just like driving a car. The more you do it the more experince and confidence you gain.

Mike D is qouted saying " All of the players that play hard in PRACTICE will get a chance at the rotation" this was when he was asked why did he wait so long to insert Williams into the rotation.
Or did you forget it wasn't until Walker fell out of the rotation that Williams got his chance and he flourished, the same way Mozgov got another chance and he flourished.

Also I didn't know you just get car keys and start driving?
I'm pretty sure you are taught by someone older until you are better at it and then you study take your permit test and then your drivers license.

BABY STEPS, you ever hear of it? You have to crawl before you can run?

to become a starter. He makes rookie mistakes, which is all well n good. thats what rookies do. what has he done to definitively make you believe that he is prepared for the full grind of the nba? He is still raw.

Never in most peoples minds is Moz a starter in the NBA. He's a useful big right now thats not getting used enough. He could spot start against some teams. Give you some rebounding and put backs, a better defensive presence down low. THINGS WE NEED. Things that appear unimportant to MDA and his backers.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm with you on that. I think...

If you agree then why do keep saying Coach should have been playing him all along?

Mike D prudently benched Moz when he did and went w guys he could trust. You can't blame him for that. Mike D didn't know Moz would perform the way he did last. Sh*t nobody did...

you have a point, but you have to consider that if you bang your car up, you can damage your confidence to a point where you just want to stick to riding a bike.

Some people are just better drivers than others. Just like some people are better basketball players than others. You bang up your car you learn from it and move on. You make a mistake in the game you learn from it and move on. If you're allowed to move on by your coach...

Mike D is qouted saying " All of the players that play hard in PRACTICE will get a chance at the rotation" this was when he was asked why did he wait so long to insert Williams into the rotation.
Or did you forget it wasn't until Walker fell out of the rotation that Williams got his chance and he flourished, the same way Mozgov got another chance and he flourished.

Also I didn't know you just get car keys and start driving?
I'm pretty sure you are taught by someone older until you are better at it and then you study take your permit test and then your drivers license.

BABY STEPS, you ever hear of it? You have to crawl before you can run?

Difference is Moz wasnt inserted because the coach had confidence or wanted to see what he could do during yesterdays game. Injuries forced him to play the kid. He had every intention of benching him again when everyone came back healthy. This isnt that hard to understand.

As far as you car keys comment. HUH? The bottom line is the more you drive the better you get at it.

Toons

is the Bo$$
**** this, we'll see what happens next game. nice arguements from both sides. but no one knew what coach was gonna do. all of the players dont seem surprised because the guy does this every day in practice (said Gallo). so we'll see. One good game doesnt warrent consistent minutes.....consistent play does.

If you agree then why do keep saying Coach should have been playing him all along?

Mike D prudently benched Moz when he did and went w guys he could trust. You can't blame him for that. Mike D didn't know Moz would perform the way he did last. Sh*t nobody did...

Truthfully. IMHO the only thing thats clear in that post is "COURT TIME IS NEEDED". Thats why I ended the reply with I THINK.

Mike D didnt prudently bench him. Its not a prudent decision when the team is clamoring for bigs, getting out rebounded, out muscled in the paint and you got two guys that theoretically can help on the end of the bench. If MDA had any semblance of a track record for playing bigs besides Amare I might agree.

You're right no one thought Moz would preform the way he did. But some probably thought he'd be useful. Your coach didnt even think that. Like I've said during pregame he was ready to bench him again when everyone was healthy...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I can't deny that Mozgov deserved to be benched earlier on in the season.

If he has to play then he has to earn the attention of the media talking about his bad hands and whatnot, but if he's simply in the doghouse then that gives him time to simply keep his head down and work on getting better every day in practice...and it seems to have paid off since D'Antoni trusted him to play today

I can't deny that Mozgov deserved to be benched earlier on in the season.

If he has to play then he has to earn the attention of the media talking about his bad hands and whatnot, but if he's simply in the doghouse then that gives him time to simply keep his head down and work on getting better every day in practice...and it seems to have paid off since
D'Antoni trusted him to play today

Trusted him to play? Or was forced to play him. There is a big difference...

Red

TYPE-A

Wow! The only way Moz should've played is if someone (coach) was convinced he could play at the level he did last night? Smh. Just quit posting.

To play like last night, and to CONTRIBUTE, GAIN CONFIDENCE, SKILL, A SENSE OF BELONGING AND READNESS, are two different things.

Many have stated he should have at least had spot duties, and obviously many were on to something.

To say MDA only played them after they were proven in practice is your pathetic attempt at saving face, when all you had to do was say...

"You know maybe some were on to something when they clammored to "PLAY" (not start, not get 40+ mins) the bigs, but you couldn't.

Difference is Moz wasnt inserted because the coach had confidence or wanted to see what he could do during yesterdays game. Injuries forced him to play the kid. He had every intention of benching him again when everyone came back healthy. This isnt that hard to understand.

As far as you car keys comment. HUH? The bottom line is the more you drive the better you get at it.

Vroooooom.... that's that airplane going over their heads again. A big fat 767 fully loaded.

Dnt waste your time as a thread is viewed as a tool to profess love and support to the threatened and complexed. We say play the bigs more, they say I support and love MDA who admittedly makes mistakes too but go unrecognized. Sad.

Now the exaggeration and spin doctoring will begin, and it'll start with the whole "MDA started moz and gave him a shot" followed by

"And now that he showed up in practice he earned minutes as if MDA knew this all along"

Hahaha....

As you mentioned KBlack, the fact remains it came AFTER an injury hence mda had no choice. FACT that makes all other arguments irrelevent

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
He looked like the nerves could be a thing of the past. Really, that was his biggest issue, besides inexperience. He simply needs to play. Stat looked crazy out there at pf all game.

Indeed, Mozgov MAKE BASKET!!

He needs to play a bit more in the rotation, however, not favor of 40 min a game!...somehwere around 15-18 will do and bring him some valuable gametime experience. Can set a great high screen with his size...just has to get better hands on the roll pass from Felton. Seems to finish decent when he gets the ball in a good spot......Nice game last night Mozzy!!.

Now go make MORE BASKET!!!:peace:

Wow! The only way Moz should've played is if someone (coach) was convinced he could play at the level he did last night? Smh. Just quit posting.

To play like last night, and to CONTRIBUTE, GAIN CONFIDENCE, SKILL, A SENSE OF BELONGING AND READNESS, are two different things.

Many have stated he should have at least had spot duties, and obviously many were on to something.

To say MDA only played them after they were proven in practice is your pathetic attempt at saving face, when all you had to do was say...

"You know maybe some were on to something when they clammored to "PLAY" (not start, not get 40+ mins) the bigs, but you couldn't.

Vroooooom.... that's that airplane going over their heads again. A big fat 767 fully loaded.

Dnt waste your time as a thread is viewed as a tool to profess love and support to the threatened and complexed. We say play the bigs more, they say I support and love MDA who admittedly makes mistakes too but go unrecognized. Sad.

Now the exaggeration and spin doctoring will begin, and it'll start with the whole "MDA started moz and gave him a shot" followed by

"And now that he showed up in practice he earned minutes as if MDA knew this all along"

Hahaha....

As you mentioned KBlack, the fact remains it came AFTER an injury hence mda had no choice. FACT that makes all other arguments irrelevent

I see the spins. It has to be nipped in the bud immediately. MDA had no big revelation yesterday and said to himself "lets see what the kid has learned". Didnt even enter his thoughts. He was forced into this move by injuries.

Moz just took the bull by the horns and said F%$K MDA. I'll show him.

I see the spins. It has to be nipped in the bud immediately. MDA had no big revelation yesterday and said to himself "lets see what the kid has learned". Didnt even enter his thoughts. He was forced into this move by injuries.

I agree. He was forced in, for the most part. But no way he plays if he didn't show improvement in practice. We all knew he had skills, but he was a bag of nerves. Can't ball like you should, nervous like he was. I mean catch a simple pass, my man.

Glad he got busy, this can only help him relax. He could turn out to be the biggest X factor if he plays well. Now a big can be put on the back burner, and we can expand our horizen to Melo and back up pg.

skisloper

Starter
I can see now, u dont understand a 82 game season...... u dont give your PG 35+ minutes per game. u dont give your Star Bigman 35+ minutes without any strong-arm help (Patrick Ewing demanded a trade when his strong-arm help Oakley was traded).

Walker is a raw SG that belongs in the guard rotation, which is 4 guards.
Shawn Williams is a raw SF u give playingtime to for injury or foul trouble
Amare/Turiaf/Mozgov/and AR are rebounders that belong in a bigman
rotation, which is 3 bigmen, or 4 depending on foul trouble.
Chandler & Gallo are SF.... they are not centers/PF/or SG
When Dantoni arrived in New York he didnt know the Knicks already had
a decent 30 minute young SF-Chandler in the mix b/c coach Isiah DNP
Chandler his rookie season.
Conflict at the SF position Chandler vs Gallo

The point you to miss is that we have an 82 game season. We are not half way into that and you are crying about Randolphs and Mozgov's playing time so far.

In the course of the past 40 plus games we have now seen what Turiaf is capable of. We have seen Fields and what he is capable of. Walker and Williams we have seen value in both players.

Do the math how many guys can u have in a rotation...

Wait thats right now its me and the rest of the NBA coaches who do not know basketball because U believe in a 10 man rotation.

Why do u always base things on the way past...Look at the Knicks.
We are the 6th seed and also having the ability to see how well our bench can hold up...

Why are u so angry with where the knicks are at...

NO MATTER WHAT THE COACH DOES YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED....

its called a baby

LMAO! sure or how about with the injuries Mike D thought this would be a good chance to see what Mozgov has learned because he could have defiantly went another way, maybe he could have played AR more since he was rebounding well while in the beginning Mozgov went 0-4 or he could have put in someone else when Mozgov picked up 2 quick fouls. But, wait he didn't he let the kid play and he had this performance.

I'm not saying this is all Mike D's doing but if watched the beginning of the season you will see this is a more Confident ready to Contribute Mozgov.

We can all speculate why but at the end of the day Mozgov played last night and he had a great performance and will have another shot at it again.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Okay, now you hold two crowns... You' re the king of misconstruing, and jumping the gun.. lol. I did not mean that the only way Moz should play is if couach knew how he would perform. That's absurd Red and you know it.. The only thing I was saying is you cant blame him for not playing Moz based on his past performances. That's all we've been arguing on this side all along.

What we know is that all of this time Moz was workin diligently in practice.

Coach did what most coaches in his position do w a player that has to earn his trust back-- play em in pinch when you have no other option. The only reason Moz got minutes was because we had a void. Luckily for the team and Knick fans he's shown he's ready for another taste.

Also, even if Coach got word that Moz was all of sudden cured of all his bball ills, if he wanted to work him in he has to be careful just yanking somebody else like Williams, who has earned minutes by playing well in practice and had it translate on to the court, or reducing Turiaf's minutes, or Chandler's.

Again, when you look as bad as Moz did early on in the season spot duty in a pinch as we saw last night is usually the only way you get off the bench for some burn. Moz's was lucky and so are we. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree. He was forced in, for the most part. But no way he plays if he didn't show improvement in practice. We all knew he had skills, but he was a bag of nerves. Can't ball like you should, nervous like he was. I mean catch a simple pass, my man.

Glad he got busy, this can only help him relax. He could turn out to be the biggest X factor if he plays well. Now a big can be put on the back burner, and we can expand our horizen to Melo and back up pg.

True you cant play to your potential when you're nervous. Sometimes the nervousness comes because of the coach. He wont accept a mistake. You start to press. Dont play naturally.

I'm glad he did work also. The ball is now in MDA's court...

KingofNy

Starter
Actually, if Williams and Chandler were available Moz would have logged another DNP-CD. It relaly had nothing to do with Dantoni believing that he was finally ready.

If anything I thing Donnie forced Dantoni to give the other guys some minutes. This move just doesn't seem like something Dantoni would do out of the blue.

Exactly. +1

The only reason they played was because of injuries. Otherwise they would of never see the court. Some of us have been begging for them to see some minutes all season...just to see if we can add some rebounding and post defense to the mix.

Just because Mosgov started bad doesn't mean you exile him for the season especially when we're getting killed nightly by double digits on the boards. The coaching staff screwed up on this one and should of gave Mosgov and Anthony a few game minutes to prove themselves again. People seem to forget even our starters went cold a few times resulting in our multiple 6+ game losing streaks.