My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

KBlack25

Starter
you idiot, I am saying this situation is similar to the one Jordan faced vs Detroit, how is this failing in comparison, its not

If Melo uses this as fuel to light his fire and goes on to dominate next year and hopefully win a ring then the situation is the same on all levels

how hard is it to understand

What evidence do you have that there is a fuel to light?

MJ in 88 won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year AND MVP - he was giving insane effort on both sides of the ball. There was evidence that there was something special about MJ - his competitiveness and his drive were off the charts BEFORE he faced Detroit in the 88 playoffs.

What do you have for evidence that there is something special about Melo, to the point where this is his MJ moment? Or are you just speculating for your boy?

CA7

Scoring Champ
What evidence do you have that there is a fuel to light?

MJ in 88 won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year AND MVP - he was giving insane effort on both sides of the ball. There was evidence that there was something special about MJ - his competitiveness and his drive were off the charts BEFORE he faced Detroit in the 88 playoffs.

What do you have for evidence that there is something special about Melo, to the point where this is his MJ moment? Or are you just speculating for your boy?

What evidence, the dude is one of the best talents in the NBA, shoot, dribble, pass, rebound and defend(at least now) and like I always say he knows what it takes to be a winner but not a champion, Jordan didn't know what it took to be a champion in the late 80's, similar to Melo.

Getting his ass handed to him like this, to go along with being on Team USA and being mentored by Kobe, who loves Melo and wants him to be great, not to mention Mike Woodson vowing to get Melo in top shape so he can log heavy minutes and do more on both ends.

He's got everything in front of him, his back is against the wall, nothing he does from now on but win in the playoffs is going to matter to anyone, Melo can average 25 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assist next year and if the Knicks dont make it to at least the ECSF then nothing else will matter.

Melo will never be Jordan but he can learn from his past as can other guys. Remember when LeBron and the Heat beat Boston and they acted as if they won the title, thats what Melo has on his back, his legacy solely rests on what he does from here on out, if he fails then he'll be scrutinized forever but if he excels then the entire New York fan base will love him and he will go down as an all time great

The choice is his

KBlack25

Starter
What evidence, the dude is one of the best talents in the NBA, shoot, dribble, pass, rebound and defend(at least now) and like I always say he knows what it takes to be a winner but not a champion, Jordan didn't know what it took to be a champion in the late 80's, similar to Melo.

Getting his ass handed to him like this, to go along with being on Team USA and being mentored by Kobe, who loves Melo and wants him to be great, not to mention Mike Woodson vowing to get Melo in top shape so he can log heavy minutes and do more on both ends.

He's got everything in front of him, his back is against the wall, nothing he does from now on but win in the playoffs is going to matter to anyone, Melo can average 25 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assist next year and if the Knicks dont make it to at least the ECSF then nothing else will matter.

Melo will never be Jordan but he can learn from his past as can other guys. Remember when LeBron and the Heat beat Boston and they acted as if they won the title, thats what Melo has on his back, his legacy solely rests on what he does from here on out, if he fails then he'll be scrutinized forever but if he excels then the entire New York fan base will love him and he will go down as an all time great

The choice is his

Melo is definitely talented.

But to me: either you have the drive to compete, be addicted to winning, and more than that NEED to win. Those are the players that reach their potential and above.

But if he hasn't shown it by age 28, I don't know that it's there. That natural desire to be the best doesn't just happen. Either you have it or you don't. And I haven't seen any evidence that Melo has it. There was plenty of evidence that MJ did.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is definitely talented.

But to me: either you have the drive to compete, be addicted to winning, and more than that NEED to win. Those are the players that reach their potential and above.

But if he hasn't shown it by age 28, I don't know that it's there. That natural desire to be the best doesn't just happen. Either you have it or you don't. And I haven't seen any evidence that Melo has it. There was plenty of evidence that MJ did.

Melo has shown flashes, I just think sometimes he doesn't see how good he can be. I mean he can do it all and do it all well, but we shall see where his head is at on Sunday, if he comes out and fights to the last second then I know he wants it, if not then someone has got to get into his head because we are too talented to not be a top 3 team in the East

edit: how you neg rep me cause I neg rep you, you gotta have a legit reason other than returning the favor lol

KBlack25

Starter
Melo has shown flashes, I just think sometimes he doesn't see how good he can be. I mean he can do it all and do it all well, but we shall see where his head is at on Sunday, if he comes out and fights to the last second then I know he wants it, if not then someone has got to get into his head because we are too talented to not be a top 3 team in the East

edit: how you neg rep me cause I neg rep you, you gotta have a legit reason other than returning the favor lol

What was your reason for neg repping me? Because I dissed your boy?

Everything I said in the post was rooted in logical sound discussion. You just didn't like my opinion.

metrocard

Legend
Melosexuals are killing the forum.
I'm not going to.blame melo for everything but I'm also not going to spew the most ignorant statements on this forum.

CA7

Scoring Champ
What was your reason for neg repping me? Because I dissed your boy?

Everything I said in the post was rooted in logical sound discussion. You just didn't like my opinion.

I dont even remember I think I disagreed with you statement pretty much, maybe because I was annoyed at people not understanding where we(TeamMelo) were coming from

KBlack25

Starter
I dont even remember I think I disagreed with you statement pretty much, maybe because I was annoyed at people not understanding where we(TeamMelo) were coming from

So because you were annoyed you neg repped me for no reason. That annoyed me and I neg repped you. End of story.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
So because you were annoyed you neg repped me for no reason. That annoyed me and I neg repped you. End of story.

Edit: This is the post you neg repped me on, word for word. Some please tell me why it deserves a neg rep:

Give credit where credits due.

1) Bron was fresh in the 4th b/c he had to sit b/c of foul trouble in the third.

2) Spo is a darn good coach (I've said it over and over).

3) Your (jimkcchief88's) post is irrelevant to what I said, but of course you are deflecting to try and insult me.

4) Twan was a big-time scorer, at one point - but again he wasn't there for the title run. Only the short-lived playoff run of 2010. Bron did it with Hughes and Boobie.

lol yeah I'm trippin :teeth: my bad this **** is just frustrating

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd rather have a guy that can carry you there. As LeBron has.

My issue isn't with you saying you still back Carmelo. It's with you saying you would rather have him over LeBron, which indicates to me insane homerism.

:teeth:

We're going a bit too far in stating the obvious that LeBron is better than Carmelo, are we not? He just is. It's a shame, but it's a truth laden shame. I don't like LeBron, I can't stand the Heat, I like Melo, I LOVE the Knicks.

All of that considered, the fact remains that LeBron James is better than Carmelo Anthony. There's nothing anti-Knick or anti-Melo about that statement. It's not even based on opinion or belief - it's the truth, and is backed by an impressive resum?. Compare that resum? to Carmelo's, and we're talking about 2 different levels of output and winning over their respective professional careers.

But I definitely wouldn't say that I'd prefer LeBron as a Knick instead of Melo, because that's lacking any sense of reality. Pointless. Waste of effort.

Anthony, if you want to give him a point in the head to head with James, is a better clutch player, but he's just as susceptible to self distraction or emotional collapse. He had a slide that lasted for a month at the start of this season, and that was clearly complete frustration, as a lot of fans, myself included, were incensed by the fact that he held this franchise hostage, and then entered the season playing like he was worth a 10th of the MAX salary the Knicks afforded him. That ****ed with him and it was telling.

Which leads me to my next point off this quote of KBlack's.

I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

It absolutely is. It's unadulterated mutiny. Look what Howard's done to Orlando if you wanna talk about a present day scenario.

And, as I said before, this season hasn't really proven in any sense that Melo was worth it all. It just hasn't. Apologies to those who feel vicariously insulted.
Career lows all round - with the exception of assists.

That career month - player of the month award - was really, really impressive and he looked like the best player in the league. But this season he hasn't shown a shred of consistency, has he? Certainly not over the entirety of the season - injuries considered. You could say the same for his career.

Especially if you compare what he's done in his role as opposed to what Tyson Chandler's done in his.

That's not hating either. That's how it is.

When summing up Melo's season as the best player on this team, he's underachieved and the Knicks in turn have underachieved, IMO.

Lost cause? Absolutely not. Irrefutably.

Next season is the time to judge him. When all's in its place and time and transition are not a factor, or at least less of one.

★ I am a fan of Melo, but I'll criticize him for what he's lacked all season: consistency. It all seems based upon mental strength and determination. You may now nail me to the cross.

I'll never get on any individual's case about our playoff losses this year and last. That would be completely unfair.

The circumstances have been horrendous on both occasions.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Melo has had one good month and people forget how badly he played for us before that. Efficiency > Points. You can make 25 points a game, but if you shoot 50 times to make that, I think it hurts the team more.

The fact that he even admitted he gave up on the team just pisses me off.

There's a reason why Denver started playing better after they dropped Melo...he's overrated. I don't think it's justice to even compare him to Lebron.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hate on STAT all you want. You are the one that brought up HS rankings as relevant.

And then made up that Melo and Lebron were 1 and 1a out of HS even though they were in different classes.

Gotta love revisionist history.

They both came out in the 2003 draft dummy. Lebron was the first overall pick while MELO was 3rd overall pick. Like I said 1/1a. But you are starting to flatter me by biting me lines.....:):)

fender0577

Rotation player
All Great Stars in this League have great sidekicks to play alongside

Kevin Durant has Westbrook & harden + Decent Bench

Kobe Bryant has Bynum & Gasol

Lebron James has Wade & Bosh

Derrick Rose has Noah & Deng + Deep Bench

Tim Duncan has Ginobli & parker + Deep bench

Chris Paul has Blake Griffin

Dirk nowitzki has Jason terry & Marion

Rudy Gay has Randolph & Gasol

Carmelo Anthony has well......... AMARE GARBAGEMIRE

Clearly Amare is not the same player he once was, hell he's not even half the player he was in 2010 Pre Melo Trade. The man cant even keep himself in the playoffs, so who's suppose to help Carmelo out? we my friends are witnessing the Boston series all over again, Where we must watch Melo work by himself once again, because nobody else can score aside from JR Smith and JR will either shoot you out a game or keep you in it.

If we were at full health with all our players available, and Melo still had bad shooting nights then ok i can understand a rant, but ALL of our key players minus Melo and Chandler are INJURED. Where do you expect to get like that? what did anyone think Melo was going for 50 point games vs Lebron and battier + help double teams lmao your fooling yourselves. He's giving it his all out there diving on the floor, playing defense etc. Melo has to basically wrestle players to even get the ball. Sometimes he has to bring the ball up the floor, then ontop of that he's playing ALOT of mins.

When Lebrons struggling who steps up? Wade or bosh right?

When kobe is struggling who steps up? gasol or bynum right? (most likely bynum) but thats not the point they still have 2 other options

When Durant is struggling who steps up? Westbrook or harden right?

When Melo is struggling who steps up? .... ill wait....and ill continue waiting........."plays a little jeopardy music while i wait"

Jr- he'll spot you some points but not consistent enough

Baron- he'll spot you some points but will break down as the game progresses

Novak- yeah..... take away the 3 point line he's useless

Chandler- Offense is not his game.

Bibby- Flip a coin and press your luck

Fields- force him to become a jumpshooter and he's done for the night

Lin- injured

Amare- got a boo boo on his hand (injured)

Jeffries ( Basically Injured & offense is not his game)

Shump shump - Injured

whats this leave us with Rookie Jorts & D- leaguer Jerome Jordan?

+1 For this, good post, while i know he's no Lebron or Kobe, some of the comparisons in here are idiotic.We've only had 2 players, who've been consistent all year, TC and Shump, the thing that gets on my nerves, is even when Melo got it going, people in here were still trying to find reasons to hate on there own guy.I'm not going to call him the best because, he's on my team, but i'm not going to hate on him, for reasons other than basketball.Iv'e seen people hating because, he has a pic of himself over his fireplace, because he wanted to be traded, because he did't play for the puerto rico national team, SMDH.All the love Lin got, for 15 decent games, and all the hate Melo got, while winning NBA Player of the month,baffles the hell out of me.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Amen

An "Amen" to Crazy8s.

It would have been nice if we had waited for free agency to get Melo, but that is Dolan's fault, not Melo's. Perhaps then we could have used our other assets to get Chris Paul, but in that case I am not sure we could have gotten Chandler. The price we paid for Melo, though steep, in retrospect at least may not have been that bad. Chandler was likely gone in free agency anyway and Gallo seems to be regressing. His shooting has been terrible and he continues to be an abysmal finisher. I never liked Felton and he was hardly impressive this season.

I am not the biggest fan of Melo, but he is supremely talented and athletically capable of adjusting both defensively and, offensively, to the talent that surrounds him.

I am more concerned about Amare' whose injuries appear to be catching up to him. And for whatever reason, he seems to be incapable, despite his athleticism, to play intelligent or intense defense.

The mixture of Chandler, Amare' and Melo on offense has not worked as well as it would appear it should. It seems to me that this is primarily a "spacing" problem and not entirely a system or a coaching problem. Amare's comfort zones do not mesh with Chandler's and Melo's. Amare' and Melo appear to play better in the absence of the other.

Melo is certainly a "keeper" and Amare' is untradeable. The combined salaries over the next three years of Melo, Amare' and Chandler are, successively, $53M, $57.5M and $61.5M. We will have no cap room for any impact fee agents during this period. We have no first round pick for next year and will have none in 2014. We will have a promising core in Lin, Shumpert, Melo, Amare' and Chandler. I hope we can keep JR and Novak. I am disappointed in Baron, Douglas and Fields. We need some alternative scorers that will give Melo some options to "adjust" to.

fender0577

Rotation player
An "Amen" to Crazy8s.

It would have been nice if we had waited for free agency to get Melo, but that is Dolan's fault, not Melo's. Perhaps then we could have used our other assets to get Chris Paul, but in that case I am not sure we could have gotten Chandler. The price we paid for Melo, though steep, in retrospect at least may not have been that bad. Chandler was likely gone in free agency anyway and Gallo seems to be regressing. His shooting has been terrible and he continues to be an abysmal finisher. I never liked Felton and he was hardly impressive this season.

I am not the biggest fan of Melo, but he is supremely talented and athletically capable of adjusting both defensively and, offensively, to the talent that surrounds him.

I am more concerned about Amare' whose injuries appear to be catching up to him. And for whatever reason, he seems to be incapable, despite his athleticism, to play intelligent or intense defense.

The mixture of Chandler, Amare' and Melo on offense has not worked as well as it would appear it should. It seems to me that this is primarily a "spacing" problem and not entirely a system or a coaching problem. Amare's comfort zones do not mesh with Chandler's and Melo's. Amare' and Melo appear to play better in the absence of the other.

Melo is certainly a "keeper" and Amare' is untradeable. The combined salaries over the next three years of Melo, Amare' and Chandler are, successively, $53M, $57.5M and $61.5M. We will have no cap room for any impact fee agents during this period. We have no first round pick for next year and will have none in 2014. We will have a promising core in Lin, Shumpert, Melo, Amare' and Chandler. I hope we can keep JR and Novak. I am disappointed in Baron, Douglas and Fields. We need some alternative scorers that will give Melo some options to "adjust" to.
While i agree with most of your post, JR, Novak, Baron, Douglas, and fields, are all expendable.We need to replace those guys with, defensive minded players, and rebounders.We need to be much tougher in the paint.

KBlack25

Starter
They both came out in the 2003 draft dummy. Lebron was the first overall pick while MELO was 3rd overall pick. Like I said 1/1a. But you are starting to flatter me by biting me lines.....:):)

That's still not what you said.

You said they were 1/1a coming out of HS. They came out of HS in different years. They were 1/1a in the 2003 draft (with Darko making a last-minute push to get himself to the 2). But that's not what you said.

KBlack25

Starter
An "Amen" to Crazy8s.

Amen to the bold.

I think Reggie was saying it, there's absolutely no reason that three guys this talented need to sneak into the playoffs. They have to be able to figure this out. If that means Amare rehabbing and realizing he needs to take a secondary role than so be it. If it means Chandler needs to spend the summer working on his offensive game then so be it. If that means Melo has to become more of a facilitator than he has been then so be it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's still not what you said.

You said they were 1/1a coming out of HS. They came out of HS in different years. They were 1/1a in the 2003 draft (with Darko making a last-minute push to get himself to the 2). But that's not what you said.

Nooooo, I mentioned high school because LEBRON NEVER WENT TO COLLEGE.... You must be a lawyer or something because you split hairs and pick apart every letter BUT MISS THE MESSAGE!!!! R.I.F.(reading is fundamental). Re-read my post and try to UNDERSTAND what I am saying instead of looking for your imagined errors. Then research again that 2003 draft and see what the analyst were saying. I think you have already done this. I REMEMBER the DEBATE between Lebron's POTENTIAL vs. MELO'S NCAA title and what that meant. You say MELO is selfish and quit on D'ant, but winning a NCAA title as a frosh speaks to MELO's character. Why don't you call Jimmy B. and ask him if MELO is selfish. Maybe MELO "quit" on D'ant because Damnphony sucked as a coach. D'ants record with the Knicks would speak to that. Superstars will only play for coaches they respect.

KBlack25

Starter
Nooooo, I mentioned high school because LEBRON NEVER WENT TO COLLEGE.... You must be a lawyer or something because you split hairs and pick apart every letter BUT MISS THE MESSAGE!!!! R.I.F.(reading is fundamental). Re-read my post and try to UNDERSTAND what I am saying instead of looking for your imagined errors. Then research again that 2003 draft and see what the analyst were saying. I think you have already done this. I REMEMBER the DEBATE between Lebron's POTENTIAL vs. MELO'S NCAA title and what that meant. You say MELO is selfish and quit on D'ant, but winning a NCAA title as a frosh speaks to MELO's character. Why don't you call Jimmy B. and ask him if MELO is selfish. Maybe MELO "quit" on D'ant because Damnphony sucked as a coach. D'ants record with the Knicks would speak to that. Superstars will only play for coaches they respect.

You didn't say Melo and LeBron were 1/1a coming out of high school?

jimkcchief88 said:
How quickly they forgot Melo and Bron were 1/1a coming out of high-school. Melo just stopped to collect an NCAA title as a frosh before turning PRO. THAT MEANS MELO HAS MORE HARDWARE THAN BRON as we speak. Gotta love REVISIONIST history.

Sure looks like that's what you said.

Gotta love revisionist history.