Name one player you always wanted on the Knicks

iJoe

Rotation player
Imagine if Riley just would have sat starks for a few minutes and put the ball in Harper's hands a little in game 7? Harper was quietly having a good series....

Yeah we could definitely have won that game. Starks was always an extremely streaky shooter, but its really hard to blame the coach.

Riley would have gotten crazy praise for keeping with Starks and he somehow heated up at the end. In the end, it was just a great series against an extremely tough team.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
In the Ewing era, I loved our guys. I guess, pre-94, I would have wanted Barkley, who loved Ewing and always wanted to play with him.

During the 2000's, I wanted to acquire Pau Gasol. Now, I'm trying to get Melo and a center. I don't know if Wilson Chandler at PF is going to get us anywhere, long term.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
but its really hard to blame the coach

The coach's decision or indecision can make a difference... Case in point about game 7. At times these differences can be subtle or very pronounced. I don't think there is or has been a star player that hasn't been benched at some point. It's like leaving in that pitcher for 1 or 2 pitches too many and ends up giving up the wining run.

iJoe

Rotation player
The coach's decision or indecision can make a difference... Case in point about game 7. At times these differences can be subtle or very pronounced. I don't think there is or has been a star player that hasn't been benched at some point. It's like leaving in that pitcher for 1 or 2 pitches too many and ends up giving up the wining run.

Yeah but again... if Starks had heated up, we'd all be saying how awesome Riley is. If Riley had benched Starks and we lost, some people would again wonder if Riley screwed up by not having our best guys on the floor. No wonder coaches get fired so often.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I always wished the Knicks would have signed Reggie Miller the summer of 96 instead of Allan Houston. I remember Reggie saying he wouldn't mind going to NY while he was playing with Team USA that summer. Oh what could have been if Ewing that shooter with a KILLER instinct!! Crazy how noth of them were missing each other through out their careers. Miller never really had that dominant double team demanding post force to kick it out to him. Ewing never had the pure shooter running off screens who the other team was forced to concentrate on also. Houston was good but he didn't have that Swagger that Reggie did. That killer instinct, that trash talkin toughness to his game.

Oh well.

Get he **** off this site.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Yeah but again... if Starks had heated up, we'd all be saying how awesome Riley is. If Riley had benched Starks and we lost, some people would again wonder if Riley screwed up by not having our best guys on the floor. No wonder coaches get fired so often.

Actually, if you remember Marv Albert was questioning Riley during the telecast about not taking Stark out... Yes, you are right if Starks would have suddenly heated up and they won, things would have been different... Still, I think they would have been saying how the Knicks pulled it out despite starks shooting.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Coaches get screwed because of those decisions. What is Riley supposed to do?

If he benches Starks then they lose, the media will say he didn't put his best players on the floor for crunch time.

If he plays Starks, then, well, yeah.

And I too wouldn't have minded Reggie...yeah, good player who kicked our asses a lot, but imagine how good we could've been with a Reggie+Sprewell+Ewing tandem in the late 90's?

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
John Stockton was a player I always thought would been great on the Knicks. Another player that has a big impact in games, Tim Duncan.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Get he **** off this site.

LMAO! Explain to me why? Is it be because he always killed us in the playoffs? Now imagine if instead of him lighting us up like that, he was lighting up the Heat, Bulls, Orlando and San Antonio but on our team. I think we could have pulled out atleast one championship with him, Ewing and Spree on the team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I would've liked Grant Hill on the Knicks. He's one of my all-time fav players.

He was disgusting when he was on Detroit-- a regular one-man wrecking crew..

Sage

Rotation player
I would have said Brandon Roy as he was my fave player to watch in recent times, I also agree with poster saying that Reggie Miller could have done huge things here.

Also guys, small forward was the weak point in the 94 Knicks, stop blaming Starks. He carried that team.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The Knicks could easily get Roy now. Not for the right reasons though. Sucks to see his knees do that to him. He goes from team savior to another bad contract. Hopefully he finds a way to be the B-Roy we all know and love.

Sage

Rotation player
The Knicks could easily get Roy now. Not for the right reasons though. Sucks to see his knees do that to him. He goes from team savior to another bad contract. Hopefully he finds a way to be the B-Roy we all know and love.

Always seems to happen to my fave players. Penny, Grant Hill, Roy..

Maybe it's my fault. :-\

Pricey

Rotation player
always wanted Tim Hardaway in his prime to play the point at MSG.

Current players.... Howard would be nice

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
always wanted Tim Hardaway in his prime to play the point at MSG.

Current players.... Howard would be nice

Man U fan? See you Monday my friend. Arsenal has to win se they will....

As of who I wanted to see play for the Knicks ever??

Tim Duncan and/or Ron Artest.

But good that we got Amar`e because I really wanted to see him play for the Knicks as well. Hes a beast I just hope he stays healthy.