Nate is a Celtic!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
If we're not getting a 1st round pick, this trade is pointless.

Well we lose Nate for nothing at the end so why not get a 2nd rounder? If we are going to get 2 max deals we will need some cheap fillers and a second rounder can help. We could also trade it to get a 1st in a package. It's not pointless when you understand Nate was gone after this season regardless.

tiger0330

Legend
That Celtic second rounder is going to be about #50. How many guys selected #50 even play one game in the NBA. Useless second rounder unless it's used as a bargaining chip for something else.

metrocard

Legend
Well we lose Nate for nothing at the end so why not get a 2nd rounder? If we are going to get 2 max deals we will need some cheap fillers and a second rounder can help. We could also trade it to get a 1st in a package. It's not pointless when you understand Nate was gone after this season regardless.

A useless 2nd round pick...

We need a first rounder dude.

LeFlume

All Star
They picked Ryan Gomes at #50 a few years ago and he have 279 NBA starts. A lot of solid workhorses are picked in the second rd.

nyk_nyk

All Star
A 2nd round pick isn't useless...but Boston's 2nd round pick is. It'll probably be somewhere south of 40 and will basically get us nothing useful. I agree with Metro, Nate is good enough for a mid to low 1st rounder. Adding House doesn't even improve the team since his shots come from double teams in the post. NO ONE player on the Knicks demands a double team.

tiger0330

Legend
They picked Ryan Gomes at nr 49 a few years ago and he have 279 NBA starts. A lot of solid workhorses are picked in the second rd.
I haven't done it but I bet if you go back to the last 10 drafts and looked at the names of guys selected 50-60 you wouldn't find many names you recognize let alone one that's played in the NBA.

New New York

Quiet Storm

I would actually prefer not getting a pick at all in this year's draft and getting picks next year when they do not count against the cap -hell ever dollar counts you know?-

I do think that for a player of Nate's ability and as much as it is going to help The C's, it would be better that it be a 1st rounder. I mean The Celtics are just an injury away from being a team just inside the playoffs, so I would love to get a future first rounder from them.

LeFlume

All Star
Ryan Gomes, Luis Scola, Rasual Butler, Kyle Korver, Dijon Thompson, Amir Johnson, Ramon Sessions are all sub 50 picks...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would actually prefer not getting a pick at all in this year's draft and getting picks next year when they do not count against the cap -hell ever dollar counts you know?-

I do think that for a player of Nate's ability and as much as it is going to help The C's, it would be better that it be a 1st rounder. I mean The Celtics are just an injury away from being a team just inside the playoffs, so I would love to get a future first rounder from them.

I'm not positive about this but I think the 2nd round picks would not be included in team salary when free agency begins on July 1st. This could be a blessing in disguise because the picks could remove roster spots from the player cap hold but not take away from cap space (double bonus).

I will verify later.

nyk_nyk

All Star
A little more insight regarding the trade.

By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 4:54 PM, February 17, 2010
Posted: 3:04 PM, February 17, 2010
The Knicks have agreed in principle to trade Nate Robinson to the Celtics in a deal involving Eddie House, a team source confirms. A source from Robinson's camp told The Post a deal to the Celtics is "close'' but it does seem very complicated.

The move is truly about opening up playing time for Knicks rookie Toney Douglas. And it appears Robinson's camp nudged it along, no longer wanting Robinson to play for D'Antoni.

The Goodwins asked for that trade in December and see the writing on the wall that another banishment to the bench for Robinson could be imminent. Robinson is tired of D'Antoni's eye rolls and waving of the arms whenever the guard makes a mistake. D'Antoni does not act like that when Chris Duhon messes up. Robinson and D'Antoni had their final dustup on the bench vs. Sacramento with Robinson dropping the F-bomb.

When the Knicks signed Anthony Roberson before last season, they had visions of House. D'Antoni feels he's the perfect gunner for his offense and a better passer than Robinson.

It is a complicated deal because of Robinson's base-year compensation but no effect on salary cap. A second-round pick in 2010 would be included.

Duhon must give the best head in all of Greenwich Village cause Dantoni is LOVING IT!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Word is NY gets a 1st rounder (2011). If Walsh got a 1st for N8 there should be a parade.

Heard this too. Very good. Much better than this years 2nd rounder. That would give us 2 first rounders next year and could possibly be the final piece needed to get the McGrady deal done.

dlee420

Banned
Why does everyone want mcgrady? We are out of the playoff race.. hes going to get hurt.. and he wont be here next season.

Heard this too. Very good. Much better than this years 2nd rounder. That would give us 2 first rounders next year and could possibly be the final piece needed to get the McGrady deal done.