NBA Transactions Thread

paris401

Starter
He better play some defense with Carlisle there or else he'll be on the bench

exactly what "D" does dirk, or parsons, or ellis play ???? Jefferson,harris.???.. I don't see any of those guys being voted on the all "D" team

if amare is healthy every other game for 20mins, Carlisle is playin him "D" or NO-"D"

Broadway

All Star
exactly what "D" does dirk, or parsons, or ellis play ???? Jefferson,harris.???.. I don't see any of those guys being voted on the all "D" team

if amare is healthy every other game for 20mins, Carlisle is playin him "D" or NO-"D"

Carlisle sits guys, apparently you haven't watched Dallas enough this yr. He doesn't have an unlimited no accountability thing going on down there. Yes he has some guys on the team not known for their defense, Dirk probably gets some free passes because he's Dirk, but if you aren't bringing it he sits you.

Amar'e will get minutes but there will be situations he won't roll with him, especially if he decides to pull some of the BS he pulled here.

paris401

Starter
Carlisle sits guys, apparently you haven't watched Dallas enough this yr. He doesn't have an unlimited no accountability thing going on down there. Yes he has some guys on the team not known for their defense, Dirk probably gets some free passes because he's Dirk, but if you aren't bringing it he sits you.

Amar'e will get minutes but there will be situations he won't roll with him, especially if he decides to pull some of the BS he pulled here.

other then Tyson, is there a legit DEE-FENDER on the team...not a one... and exactly what BS did amare pull in ny???... he worked his balls off... is he a great DEE_FENDER..?? no he's not, so he should fit in perfectly with the rest of the dallas 'NO-DEE'

Kiyaman

Legend

u mean Iso-Melo BS .. ballhoggin, pounding the ball, taking the last 8 shots of the game, taking the PG role whenever he wants, and cant play one on one defense or team defense.

Coach Rick Carlisle knows like everyone else knows, that Amare need a pass first PG to give the team a winning edge .. u will see a lot of pick n roll from Stat his first couple of games.

If u watched the Nash & Stat Phoenix Suns, u would know Stat has always played a better defensive-role than Dirk/Zach/Boozer/Gasol.
Plus Stat is only 32 yrs old.

Broadway

All Star
other then Tyson, is there a legit DEE-FENDER on the team...not a one... and exactly what BS did amare pull in ny???... he worked his balls off... is he a great DEE_FENDER..?? no he's not, so he should fit in perfectly with the rest of the dallas 'NO-DEE'

You can't be serious

Dallas is ranked 14th overall in defensive efficiency not stellar but are 1 of 11 playoff teams ranked in the top 16. Which means 5 playoff teams are ranked worst than them. They are .9 of a point from being Top 10. They have won a championship under Carlisle's watch did he all of a sudden throw defensive philosophies out the window? Hence trading back for Tyson Chandler. They are ranked 13th in FG% allowed, 3rd in blocks, 9th in steals.

They are Top 3 in offensive efficiency so let's stop acting like they were in dire need for someone like Amar'e to bolster their offense. He'll spell some guys here and there and help keep the team fresher in the front court but he can't be a sieve on the defensive end. They don't have to play him

I don't think they brought Amar'e there to lock it down either but my point is he won't be allowed to be who he wants to be, he'll need to be what they need him to be and make valiant attempts to play both ends of the court without being a liability.

They have far more legit bigs out West. Gone are the days of being worked over by Anderson Varaejao and Jared Sullingers of the world something he got accustomed to.

Although it's interesting conversation, this thread has gotten way off track from its original intention of being one place to list NBA transactions. As we hit the deadline, may be a flurry of some interesting moves.

One thing I just read is that Dragic has already told Phoenix that he will not sign an extension with them, so they are way better served to trade him. Unfortunately for the Suns, his list of preferred destinations includes only Miami, the Lakers, and the Knicks. It's funny how we always seem to be on everyone's list, but rarely seem to get the guy. I hope that changes with PJ, but not necessarily with Dragic unless for some reason the Suns take Calderon in return.

paris401

Starter
You can't be serious

Dallas is ranked 14th overall in defensive efficiency not stellar but are 1 of 11 playoff teams ranked in the top 16. Which means 5 playoff teams are ranked worst than them. They are .9 of a point from being Top 10. They have won a championship under Carlisle's watch did he all of a sudden throw defensive philosophies out the window? Hence trading back for Tyson Chandler. They are ranked 13th in FG% allowed, 3rd in blocks, 9th in steals.

They are Top 3 in offensive efficiency so let's stop acting like they were in dire need for someone like Amar'e to bolster their offense. He'll spell some guys here and there and help keep the team fresher in the front court but he can't be a sieve on the defensive end. They don't have to play him

I don't think they brought Amar'e there to lock it down either but my point is he won't be allowed to be who he wants to be, he'll need to be what they need him to be and make valiant attempts to play both ends of the court without being a liability.

They have far more legit bigs out West. Gone are the days of being worked over by Anderson Varaejao and Jared Sullingers of the world something he got accustomed to.

ok.. u win....

Broadway

All Star
Although it's interesting conversation, this thread has gotten way off track from its original intention of being one place to list NBA transactions. As we hit the deadline, may be a flurry of some interesting moves.

One thing I just read is that Dragic has already told Phoenix that he will not sign an extension with them, so they are way better served to trade him. Unfortunately for the Suns, his list of preferred destinations includes only Miami, the Lakers, and the Knicks. It's funny how we always seem to be on everyone's list, but rarely seem to get the guy. I hope that changes with PJ, but not necessarily with Dragic unless for some reason the Suns take Calderon in return.

You're right kind of got a little off track although I wouldn't prefer the thread to be rumor-trade request based either but at least it's in the ballpark rounding some bases.

Yeah we're always on everyone's list because New York is the biggest play for leverage, and will always be until we stop operating from a position of weakness. Notice with Dragic's request he didn't make New York exclusive like Melo did in Denver. His agent did his homework and knows where the money trail leads, we are one of those destinations. By listing several teams and placing them on a trade front his agent is essentially telling all entertaining parties show your guts now and show my client the money later.

What agents do you know make trade requests for a player who's on a playoff team 50-60gms into a season, if they don't have bigger fish to fry? This is another indication to fans here and Phil's place as an exec in this league, not holding this highly esteemed weight. Dragic publicly had great things to say about the possibilities of coming here but it appears he's okay playing in other places too(L.A. and has said similar), as long he gets what he wants.

Negotiation 101 is a mutha

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

I remember the Suns were interested in Dudley for Shump last season. Would have been nice if we could have converted JR/Shump for Dragic instead of giving them away.

paris401

Starter
. Would have been nice if we could have converted JR/Shump for Dragic instead of giving them away.

or Tyson for 4-6 1st rounders.... after all if that slow/useless Russian is worth '2' (or however it pans out), chandler is waaaay better then Moscow...

Broadway

All Star
I remember the Suns were interested in Dudley for Shump last season. Would have been nice if we could have converted JR/Shump for Dragic instead of giving them away.

That was 2 season's ago on Shump and his value continued to descend. Never forget the reason Dragic might be expendable is because Phx traded Dudley and a couple 2nd rounders for Bledsoe.

We've made some horrific trades to say the least

Kiyaman

Legend
ummm, you missed the point, K-man. the triangle's offense is dictated by the opposing team's defense. forget it.

Did I missed the point?

The triangle-system had players MJ, Pippin, Grant, Harper, Rodman, Fox, Horry, and Fisher make the first defensive team.
Phil's triangle-offense were successful from its outstanding team defensive effort.
Phil traded the Knicks best two defensive players (Tyson/Shump), plus cut the 3rd best defensive player Dalembert.

Will Tyson, Shump, and Dalembert be in the 2014-15 postseason games???

Broadway

All Star
B-KPU6fCQAEclb3.jpg

Pretty sick wallpaper he's been officially welcomed

Attachments

• B-KPU6fCQAEclb3.jpg
    B-KPU6fCQAEclb3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7

Broadway

All Star
I'll go ahead and post this with potential official update only because these 2 teams had a deal almost agree upon in principle involving some similar parts.

I say something gets done here as Billy King flirted with fire before and he kept be stuck not unloading some salary or getting slightly better return on the Russian's investment

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks trarded Prigs for 2 2nd rounders according tom Woj.

Phil has been trying to unload Calderon but he acknowledges it's been difficult. Great he gets a guy that you can't even give away to create cap space, I am not liking PJ the GM so far.

Last edited: