New News, Parker Bosh Johnson ? or Parker Bosh Gay. Seems to be the likely roster

smokes

Huge Member
I should have said find me an available true starting center. All those mentioned are either old, injury prone or unnecessarily hyped. I've said before I wouldn't mind a "true center" for a back up role such as someone like Erick Dampier I would take before most of those you mentioned and who should come pretty cheap.

I'm not all that into signing centers to long commitments just because they fit that true center mold. Some of the worst contracts have been given to 7 footers who have proven nothing, but look like they can fit that true center mold. Curry and Jerome James come immediately to mind. I bet someone will give Amir Johnson 5+ years with 6-8 mil/year based on his little previous success.

We are in agreement though if you say get a cheap, low risk back up center and get someone like Bosh/Lee for the team's starting center.

Why do you think Dampier will come cheap? His contract is possibly the most valuable contract in the entire NBA this summer. It's non-guaranteed meaning any team that trades for him can waive him and immediately gain 10 million cap space.

I bet teams like Miami and Chicago are looking at packages they could put together for that contract to enable them to sign a 2nd max, and they have a lot more to offer than we do.

dave2138

Rotation player
His contract is valuable because its non-guaranteed. So that means whoever trades for him can decide not to pick up his option for 2010/2011, making him a FA. As a FA, 35, 36 years old with not much left to prove. I think he can be had at a reasonable price.

I never suggested the Knicks trade for Dampier. How would that make any sense?

moneyg

Starter
Not sure if Dirk is going to get the same money as LaBron but he is a veteran and he is one of the top 10 players in the NBA today and that is a fact. With a quality 1 (like Parker) and supporting players like Gallinari and Johnson or Gay and if you can get Okafor for Curry's expiring contract; the Knicks could be a top seat in the east for the next 4-5 years. We have seen what Dirk alone can do... and what he can't do... If the Knicks get Dirk and add that second guy that would be needed to bleed off the double and triple teams that he sees... Great things will happen for NY!!

without a doubt dirk will get more money than lebron..at least annually...thats a fact... thats how the cba works. and now...what do u do when parker misses him normal 25+ games per season???.. id rather have diop on the cheap than okafor on the expensive...

without a doubt dirk will get more money than lebron..at least annually...thats a fact... thats how the cba works. and now...what do u do when parker misses him normal 25+ games per season???.. id rather have diop on the cheap than okafor on the expensive...

completely agree

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Plus Diop's contract is shorter and doesn't put us in salary cap hell for as long.

Thing is, though, Okafor is an everyday player. A proven everyday player. He's not amazing, but he'll get you 1 or 2 blocks a game and he can go up for the alleyoop and at least serve as a presence there. Plus he grabs a TON of rebounds.

Diop only played in 27 games averaging 9:41 this year, and has a sprained MCL. I wonder if he can be effective at all, or if he'll just be another Jerome James. Diop played well for the Mavericks a few years ago, but strangely hasn't played much since then, so it's a risky move - at least with Okafor we pretty much know what we're getting.

If we can swindle DJ Augustin from Charlotte...

batigol89

Rookie
Is it possible to land Bosh/Stoudamire, LeBron James and trade Parker with Lee (and Curry's contract or whatever)?

The question is about the salary cap as I'm not aware of the details of this aspect of the game :) Do we have space for this, if we assume that we will have a 10 or 11 player roster?

Parker
James
Gallinari
Bosh
Center??

W.Chandler
Douglas
Barron? (maybe starter, might be useful with such great teammates)
Bender?
2 2nd round picks

That's 10 or 11 if we need a starting Center.

dave2138

Rotation player
Nope, Lebron + Bosh + Parker comes out to about 65 mil. Cap is around 55-57 mil next year. They can't get all 3 unless they unload Curry first.