NEW YORK KNICKS vs MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES ~ Saturday 10/29 ~ MSG @7:30 PM

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
Dude has been balling. He's the one that should be telling the press you should take it easy on Melo and not expect him to be a superstar every night since he's in the twilight of his career. lol

Lol in a year he will be our first option every game and that makes me feel good inside :peace:

mafra

Legend
Holiday with the bucket.... lead up to 12.... kid getting big minutes and already looks better than Grant and Galloway.

Rose just sealed the deal.... 99-85

mafra

Legend
Rose's crossover tonight is illegal in 28 states. Wow. He outplayed Conley. This scoring from PG is what we've missed the last 20 years.

3 assists isn't something to brag about.... but after Calderon and Grant and Galloway.... this is like going from a hatchback to a challenger.

and1

Rotation player
is it me, or are the knicks getting into trouble when they keep slowing it down?
i'm probably just imagining things

tiger0330

Legend
Rose's crossover tonight is illegal in 28 states. Wow. He outplayed Conley. This scoring from PG is what we've missed the last 20 years.

3 assists isn't something to brag about.... but after Calderon and Grant and Galloway.... this is like going from a hatchback to a challenger.
For a guy that is so aggressive driving the lane he doesn't get to the line much, no FTs tonight. Harden gets there like 10 times a game and he's a deadly 3 pt shooter.

mafra

Legend
Not a pretty win, and there were certainly moments where it looked in doubt... MEM had Conley on a minutes restriction, both Allen and Parsons were out.... but the Knicks will gladly take and bank this W.

18-31 from FT is pretty bad.

But, we limited the turnovers and second chance points.... And, most importantly, we're trying to get accustomed to winning.... or, at least, break the bad habit of finding ways to lose games.

This team needs to build chemistry and get used to Horny's system.

The good news is we appear not to be a team that is solely Melo reliant. Also, we look like there are ingredient in the 6-12 players in this roster to hope for some quality depth to emerge.

Will we stay healthy and consistently be able to perform?

Still.... this was a 1 possession game at the 9 minute mark and our horses found a way to win.

tiger0330

Legend
5 guys scored in double digits and Lee and Noah who were busts in game 1 had nice nights. Balanced attack and a solid win leading wire to wire with a strong start and finish. Nice to get a win in the home opener but there's room for improvement.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm hyped we won!!! Great game by our team :gony:

I'm surprised kuzminskas didn't play at all tho
11 deep is what most coaches use. Horn has got a nice problem if a player as good as Kuz doesn't get minutes because he's the 12th guy coming off the bench. LT still has looked a little tentative so if he doesn't come around Kuz may get this spot.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
11 deep is what most coaches use. Horn has got a nice problem if a player as good as Kuz doesn't get minutes because he's the 12th guy coming off the bench. LT still has looked a little tentative so if he doesn't come around Kuz may get this spot.

The thing is hornacek only used 10 players. Plus Melo wasn't shooting good (33% fg) so he definitely should have given Kuz some minutes