Official: Chauncey Billups... what can we expect

Red

TYPE-A
PLAYOFFS: Has appeared in 133 career postseason games, holding career playoff averages of 17.7 ppg, 5.9 apg and 3.5 rpg ? Has 11 career postseason double-doubles (two as a Nugget) ? Named 2004 apg and 3.5 rpg ? Has 11 career postseason double-doubles (two as a Nugget) ? Named 2004 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player ? Has appeared in seven-straight conference finals (2003-09), becoming one of just five players since 1970 to do so and one of two players in NBA history (along becoming one of just five players since 1970 to do so and one of two players in NBA history (along with Wilt Chamberlain) to have played for seven-consecutive conference titles while with multiple teams ? Has nine career playoff double-doubles (eight of which are points/assists) ? Is one of two players in NBA history (along with Reggie Miller) to record 1,000 regular-season three-pointers and players in NBA history (along with Reggie Miller) to record 1,000 regular-season three-pointers and 200 postseason three-pointers ? 2009 (Denver): Led the Nuggets to the Western Conference 200 postseason three-pointers ? Finals (WCF), averaging 20.6 ppg, 6.8 apg, 3.8 rpg, 1.25 spg and 38.7 mpg in 16 games ? Tallied 27 points (13-16 FT) and four assists in Game 2 of the WCF at L.A. Lakers on 5/21 ? Registered his second double-double of the 2009 postseason with 28 points (10-16 FG, 3-6 3FG), 12 assists and seven rebounds during Game 5 of the West Semifinals vs. Dallas on 5/13 ? Notched 32 points in seven rebounds during Game 5 of the West Semifinals vs. Dallas on 5/13 ? Notched 32 points in Game 3 of the Western Semis at Dallas on 5/9 ? His 19 3FG makes during the first round vs. New Orleans set a Nuggets individual record for 3FG makes in a playoff series of any length ? Posted consecutive 30-point efforts in his first two playoff games as a Nugget, tallying 36 points (8-9 3FG) in Game 1 and 31 (11-11 FT) in Game 2 during the first round vs. New Orleans on 4/19 and 4/22, respectively ? His eight 3FG makes in Game 1 on 4/19 set a playoff career-high and a Nuggets individual postseason record for 3FG makes in a game ? His 36-point performance in Game 1 represents the highest point total ever for a player making his Nuggets playoff debut ? respectively ? His eight 3FG makes in Game 1 on 4/19 set a playoff career-high and a Nuggets individual postseason record for 3FG makes in a game ? His 36-point performance in Game represents the highest point total ever for a player making his Nuggets playoff debut ? 2008(Detroit): Led the Pistons to the Eastern Conference Finals, averaging 16.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.5 apg and 32.0 mpg in 15 games (all starts) ? Averaged 16.5 ppg and 5.3 apg in six games...

What can we expect?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
16 and 7.5 i would say. some games he'll be huge others he'll mostly get his points within the flow of the game. i expect him to hold down to fort very well for these 2 years till we find our long term solution

Red

TYPE-A
He might be a blessing in disguise, or not. A true floor leader feeding Stat, Melo, and Fields.

We now have 3 legitimate closers.

Thanks walsh.

p0nder

Starter
Bottom line: leading the team to the ECF.

He'll get some burn this season but i expect that d'antoni will give out some back up minutes to TD at the point position, especially as we move into the playoffs. Billups is a great role model for any young guard in the league and could do a lot as a vastly experienced playoff clutch performer. As a 3 pt shooter expect him to take a nice few shots, othewise he'll be more effective then felton was at the pick n roll with amar'e and Melo will serve as a slashing/shooting threat which will keep teams off balance. expect the team to still be run n gun. Billups may be getting towards the end of his career, but he is still quick and has insane passing instincts.

altho he is prone to shooting early in plays this fits right in with the d'antoni system and he will be a great player to help ease the transition for melo to NY.

Red

TYPE-A
I'm gonna say he gives us 15 & 9 with good defense & big shots in crunchtime.

+ 2 rebs, 1.5 steals

A Leader, floor general
Long range shooter,
Facilitator,
Defender

...but will he be up for the task? Does he have enough in the tank for SSOL?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He's also a better defender than Felton.

Amar'e and Carmelo are going to demand double teams which means Billups is going to be open for 3 and since he's been hitting them at 44% this year...

Red

TYPE-A
Red, I dont know. From reading how he left practice Billups is not a happy man right now. I hope it doesnt carry over on the court...

Don't want to hear that!

Is he a professional or what?
Now you got me thinking of more moves. Maybe not for him, but Earl Barron, another guard etc...

He should be happy to follow Melo & Stat, does he wanna lose...?smh

STAT1

Starter
+ 2 rebs, 1.5 steals

A Leader, floor general
Long range shooter,
Facilitator,
Defender

...but will he be up for the task? Does he have enough in the tank for SSOL?

That's the $1 million dollar question right now. If Chauncey comes here with a good attitude excited & willing to work, this team is gonna be real good. If he pouts & wants to be bought out, then it could mean more MDA vs. Stephon style drama. Hope it's the former & not the latter, I think Chauncey's a pro so I'm not too worried about how he'll conduct himself in NY.

Red

TYPE-A
Bottom line: leading the team to the ECF.

He'll get some burn this season but i expect that d'antoni will give out some back up minutes to TD at the point position, especially as we move into the playoffs. Billups is a great role model for any young guard in the league and could do a lot as a vastly experienced playoff clutch performer. As a 3 pt shooter expect him to take a nice few shots, othewise he'll be more effective then felton was at the pick n roll with amar'e and Melo will serve as a slashing/shooting threat which will keep teams off balance. expect the team to still be run n gun. Billups may be getting towards the end of his career, but he is still quick and has insane passing instincts.

altho he is prone to shooting early in plays this fits right in with the d'antoni system and he will be a great player to help ease the transition for melo to NY.

Wow... you took it there. I'm assuming you mean next year.

ECF this year would be bananas.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
He may refuse to play. From what I've read, there are rumors he is going to try and force a buy-out so he can go back and play for the Nuggets.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I doubt he'll do that.

I've read that he'd do that if traded to the Nets, but I think it's a different situation if you get to play with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think we can expect him to be the classy professional he is and play out his contract.

Coach needs to be careful w his minutes and I think he will.

I'm gonna predict conservatively and say: 14 and 8

iSaYughh

Starter
Lets just pray he legit plays the rest of this season.

15 pt, 8 asst, 2.5 rbd, hopefully low turnovers and near 400 from three.

Chauncey stroking the three like he can would be big, offsetting some of the trades deficiencies.

Hopefully we beast offseason. Glen davis, dalembert and ak47, while acing our 1st round pick.

Jimmers/Douglas
Fields/Walker
Melo/Williams
Amare/ak47
Davis/Turiaf

Lets just pray he legit plays the rest of this season.

15 pt, 8 asst, 2.5 rbd, hopefully low turnovers and near 400 from three.

Chauncey stroking the three like he can would be big, offsetting some of the trades deficiencies.

Hopefully we beast offseason. Glen davis, dalembert and ak47, while acing our 1st round pick.

Jimmers/Douglas
Fields/Walker
Melo/Williams
Amare/ak47
Davis/Turiaf

Jimmer would be NIIIIIICE, But I doubt he's there when we pick...

iSaYughh

Starter
Of course I hope you're right. I read he may try to force his way to the Heat. That would be horrible...

Thats been street word. And/or demand buyout asap. Hopefully he mans up when here...He is still w Melo after all..Hopefully no bad blood there.

Jimmers may slip lil. Id trade up this draft if possible. Tougher now, but...