Official: Chauncey Billups... what can we expect

KingCharles34

All Star
He wont get as many assists as Felton did but hes still a better offensive player and equal on defense. Both of them are sorta similar, very strong point guards that are usually stronger then there opponents. Billups is a great leader, very professional, and hes aged very well. And like wingzero pointed out hes been shootin real good from the perimeter. We still will have two players (Fields and billups) that can hit 3's and shawne williams off the bench. Carmello and Amare are both two of the best from mid range to close range.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Azubieke will be huge as well cant wait till he's back from injury were gonna need him to be healthy. cant wait till he comes back as well.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This was before the trade happened. Dont know why? Maybe he figures he can add a couple more chips down in Miami...

He was probably looking to force his way to the Heat when word got out that he was going to be traded to NJ.

Billups is a smart guy who knows that he would be cruising to 30 wins with Carmelo and Brook Lopez, that's probably why he talked about wanting a buyout so early on.

With the Knicks, on the other hand, I dunno.

iJoe

Rotation player
I hate to say it, but we just turned more into a halfcourt team. I'm sure Dantoni is steaming.

Billups is more of a trailer on the fast break and Melo has actually looked more comfortable doing his ISO thing in the half court. I've got no idea how Amare is gonna fit with him.

Dantoni is gonna have his work cut out for him. I thought he was getting a lot of hate on the forums before, but now the floodgates will open with shouts to fire him. I don't envy the guy. He was clearly against the trade, but Dolan got scared by the Russian.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I expect leadership on and off the court, and hopefully he can guide us to something real good in the playoffs.

Welcome to NYC Mr. Big Shot!

Red

TYPE-A
We should see a spike in numbers as D'ants system historically maximizes a PG's output. Thats obviously if Billiups is up to it at 34 years of age.

For some reason I'm really worried about him.

Felton's #'s were basically 17 & 9 on avg.

And he began to struggle, wear down from injuries and such. Some have clammored for not only a back up, but for an upgrade as he was seen as a stop gap, servicable none-the-less.

Now on paper Billups is surely better. He's a leader and better all-around player, no doubt.

But then I factor in...

1. Billups is older and may not have enough umph to be better than Felton in this system

2. He still needs to gel and learn the nuances

3. We have little time (and patience) and if he struggles some might turn against him (for this years playoff run)

4. Even he needs a solid back-up

I know really there's nothing more to expect as far as where we go this season. But IF Billups either struggles or does not put up Felton #'s

We might be right back here, discussing point guards over the summer. 17 & 9 is good, and we know the O will increase the chances of Billups stats going north, but if he isn't as good or better than Felton, I fear some will turn on him and expect more. And until I see him for a stretch,its really no gaurantee he can facilitate our offense.

Which might make our 1 and 1a look bad.