Official Latrell Sprewell Thread

jzero29

Rotation player
he had heart, toughness, grit and anger in the way he played. Something todays knicks still miss.
To bad his life is in ruins last i heard. Held up in his own home surrounded by police, close to bank rupt

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Sprewell Be Well

aside from Clyde, fave Knick of all time. he had what it takes to be a winner.
grit, spirit, flash, flair, defense, spontaneity, creativity, power, combustion,
and the greatest offensive threat on the court. .
:alert::alert::beer::alert::alert:

he had heart, toughness, grit and anger in the way he played. Something todays knicks still miss.
To bad his life is in ruins last i heard. Held up in his own home surrounded by police, close to bank rupt

Damn that's bad news. Didn't know that.

His Sprewell rims were quite popular for some time, what happened to that business?

Spree and Houston always stood for what NY stands for - Spree the hood boy and Houston the Wall Street guy.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Anybody see Sprewell at the game today:)? Highlight of my week so far. Still looks young and able to play, rockin' great hair still as well (braids?).

I'd be very thankful if anybody got screen caps and/or a video of it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Dude he's 40 years old dude lol
Even though I suspect he wasn't being that serious, he hasn't played in a long time, didn't stop playing because of injury, and still looks good.

Grant Hill is 38 and is doing amazing things at each end of the court for his age after all those injuries. Even might be on the all-defensive team this year. I actually would love if Sprewell was offered.

Of course, I have no idea what his basketball condition is, or if he'd want to play in the NBA, but all kidding aside, we could use his veteran presence and passion.

la2ny

Starter
The crazy part is I was kidding until I thought about it and Im really considering it now. lol.

Does anyone have a pic? They didn't show him on League Pass. I just heard that he was at the game, but no footage.

I wonder what he was thinking at the game....I mean compare our 99 Knicks with these Knicks....

Spree was one hell of a talent/player. If only we would have landed Sprewell before 98... The Knicks would have won a ring. I honestly believe that.

I loved that era of the 99 Knicks featuring guys like Van Gundy, Ewing (aging), Sprewell, Houston, Camby, LJ, Kurt Thomas, Childs/Ward & even Dudley (lol) I loved that team with everything I had & enjoyed those crazy Miami Heat rivalries; I'll never forget Houston with the game winner, Childs punching Kobe, JVG hanging on the leg of Mourning, LJ's 4 pt play, Sprewell lighting it up etc etc but nothing can come close to the era that I grew up with Riley, Ewing of his prime, Starks, Oakley, Mason, Charles Smith, Harper/Hubert & old man Herb! We had WARS with the Bulls & Pacers. Went from a kid to an older teen with those guys.

Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Sprewell & Houston are my top 5 Knicks (that I've seen) of all-time. Great thread & Spree cracks my top 5 all day. Mason, Harper, LJ, Camby & Childs round out my top 10.

I always wanted some Sprewell spinners lol