Official Stephon Marbury To Celtics (His video to NY fans)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'd like to thank Steph for bringing home the Bronze during the Athens Olympics!

might as weel go ahead and thank Duncan, Wade, LeBron, Melo should i continue?

........Marbs will be missed he is Brooklyns Best Baller.........:cool:

TunerAddict

Starter
At first I thought this happened wednesday because they were handing out beads and shit on campus and at the dining hall. Figured everyone was celebrating...Then I realized they had forgotten Mardi Gras the day before...

But...**** you Steph...You were my favorite player when you came to the Knicks, and now you leave as an asshole.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
At first I thought this happened wednesday because they were handing out beads and shit on campus and at the dining hall. Figured everyone was celebrating...Then I realized they had forgotten Mardi Gras the day before...

But...**** you Steph...You were my favorite player when you came to the Knicks, and now you leave as an asshole.

Is that Anthony Roberson in your sig? First Collins, now Roberson? :td:

What do you have against great players like Starbury?

quiggle

Starter
p5317476customback.jpg

JayJ44

Starter
When was the last time you saw Marbury on an NBA Cares commercial or NBA Inside Stuff or anything of that nature.

Never.

I know, it's a shame that the NBA tries to hide it when Marbury does something charitable. When Lebron or Kobe does something like that, they never shut up about it. Marbury is one of the more charitable players in the NBA.

Now people will proabably say something like, "He only did that for his image." SMH

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I don't consider players who shoot 43% for their career to be great. That percentage is below average...

Anthony Robersons stats

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="742"><tbody><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid" width="738">SEASON AVERAGES
</td> <td width="2">
stats_header_lft.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table> <!-- begin preseason if --> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Season</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3p%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">08-09</td> <td class="tm">CHI</td> <td>23</td> <td>0</td> <td>11.0</td> <td>0.379</td> <td>0.338</td> <td>1.000</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.30</td> <td>0.80</td> <td>4.7</td> </tr> <tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2"> </td> <td>59</td> <td>1</td> <td>9.6</td> <td>0.408</td> <td>0.368</td> <td>0.900</td> <td>0.1</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.39</td> <td>0.90</td> <td>4.3</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mardy Collins stats

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="742"><tbody><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid" width="738">SEASON AVERAGES
</td> <td width="2">
stats_header_lft.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table> <!-- begin preseason if --> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Season</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3p%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">08-09</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>9</td> <td>0</td> <td>8.3</td> <td>0.348</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.444</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.9</td> <td>1.1</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.56</td> <td>0.80</td> <td>2.2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">08-09</td> <td class="tm">LAC</td> <td>33</td> <td>12</td> <td>22.2</td> <td>0.442</td> <td>0.480</td> <td>0.657</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>2.7</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>1.58</td> <td>1.80</td> <td>6.4</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">08-09</td> <td class="tm">--</td> <td>42</td> <td>12</td> <td>19.3</td> <td>0.432</td> <td>0.429</td> <td>0.614</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>1.7</td> <td>2.3</td> <td>2.5</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>1.36</td> <td>1.60</td> <td>5.5</td> </tr> <tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2"> </td> <td>140</td> <td>29</td> <td>15.9</td> <td>0.384</td> <td>0.308</td> <td>0.598</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>1.4</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.1</td> <td>1.21</td> <td>1.40</td> <td>4.4</td></tr></tbody></table>

Stephon Marburys stats

</td> <td width="2">
stats_header_lft.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table> <!-- begin preseason if --> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Season</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3p%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">--</td> <td class="tm">--</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>0.0</td> </tr><tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2"> </td> <td>823</td> <td>812</td> <td>38.2</td> <td>0.434</td> <td>0.326</td> <td>0.785</td> <td>0.7</td> <td>2.3</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>7.8</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>0.1</td> <td>3.05</td> <td>2.40</td> <td>19.7</td></tr></tbody></table>

no comparison loll, Marbury was and always will be one of my favorite players/ knick players............i just hope the celtics dont win.

Marbury ranks among the alltime assists leaders, and assists per game leaders in NBA history, not liking him and not thinking he great are 2 different things,

Marbury will be missed

im not even that upset, honestly who cares. This guy is a sucka, a selfish bastard, and I Said so from the beginning. No hatred here what so ever. He will stint the growth of rondo, and annoy the shit out of doc rivers who has never had patience. He wont ruin the team, but he isnt going to change much of anything. Marbury as we all know needs the ball to be effective, so im not worried about anything he is going to do. home boy is a punk.

JayJ44

Starter
Starbury Interview with Boston Globe

Q: How excited are you about coming to the Celtics?
SM: "This is the happiest I've been since being drafted, man. I'm so happy that it doesn't even feel real. It feels, it just feels like, it feels different to finally be able to get the opportunity to go play for a team that's established. Everyone is on the same page. There is one goal, and that's winning a ring, winning the trophy.
"I'm walking into an environment where it's stable, controlled by the players because the players police themselves. You don't have to have the coach police what is going on. Everyone seems to have it together and it looks like a family. That's what it's all about."
Q: What would you say to your skeptics who wonder why the Celtics are signing you despite your past problems?
SM: "That's OK. That's just a perspective that has been adapted from what someone else told them. If they weren't there and weren't in that circle, then they don't know."
Q: How does it feel to go to a team that is pretty much drama-free?
SM: "You don't know how good it feels to know that it's just one thing, to have fun. [Kevin Garnett] was like, 'Basketball is going to be fun again, kid.' Man, I can't wait. I'm so excited. I haven't slept in like three days."
Q: Are you in shape? Could you play against Indiana [tonight]?
SM: "I'm a hooper. It's just like playing inside the park. You play. I came in camp at 197 [pounds] and I'm at 199 [now]. I didn't gain any weight. I made sure I worked out, I was lifting weights, shooting the ball. I shot [Wednesday]. I'm not going to say that I'm in basketball shape or can play 30 minutes. But can I go play? Yeah, I can go play."

Q: If this chapter ends with a championship, have you thought about how emotional you could be?

SM: "I don't know what I'd do. I think teams that watch me, they understand about me that I'm a straight shooter. They might not like that. But at the end of the day I'd rather people respect me. I'm not a liar. If I played like [garbage], I played like [garbage]. To win a championship, that's what you do it for."

Q: What will it be like to wear the Celtics uniform?
SM: "It's historical. I don't even know how to explain that. I'm so humbled by it. I'm grateful for the opportunity. If you look at the teams that we had there with [Larry] Bird, [Kevin] McHale and [Dennis] Johnson and Danny Ainge, it's like, wow, this is the type of team that is formulating to that style of team. And with the additions they are trying to add, bringing on a guy like Mikki Moore, who is a great energy player, I just want to come in, help, and be one of the pieces that fit into the puzzle, that's all."
Q: How do you feel about coming off the bench?
SM: "I don't care what they ask me to do. I'll play 20 minutes or I'll play 15. It doesn't matter who is scoring or who is doing what. It's about one common goal: to win."
Q: How big is your smile?
SM: "I've been ear to ear. [Friends] were like, 'Ah, you never smiled when you were on the court [with New York].' We were losing. What would I be smiling about? Who wants to smile when you're losing? That's not fun."
Q: Talk about your situation with the Knicks. New president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni didn't seem interested in playing you this season. They suspended you after you reportedly refused to play in a game and lastly you had a lengthy buyout process.
SM: "I came ready to play this [season]. They didn't want to utilize me. I was like, 'OK, no problem. I will just stay here and wait until you guys figure something out.' Till this day, I don't have any bad feelings, even with what they've done to me. It wasn't like I came to camp and I said, 'I'm not going to start. I'm not going to play. I don't want to this, I want to make a deal.'
"I said, 'All right, I understand and it's cool that you didn't want to play me because he brought in Chris Duhon.' I just felt that the situation there was different. It's cool, they brought in another player at my position. They told me they were going to buy me out and they didn't [initially]. I ended up going to camp and [D'Antoni] didn't want to play me and Donnie Walsh thought I was going to play.
"Those two guys weren't on the same page. The president and coach weren't on the same page and I got the blame for it. So what am I supposed to do? I'm the bad guy because I'm voicing my opinion about how I feel about the situation as far as moving forward? So I said, 'No problem, I'll sit here, get some rest, stay in shape, and do what I need to do until you guys buy me out or trade me.
"After they didn't buy me out, [they] were supposed to waive me. They didn't even say they were going to buy me out, they said, 'Oh, we're going to waive him.' So I was like, 'If you're going to waive me, let me go.' Let me go, let me get my money, and I'll go about my business. I wanted peace, that's all. I've went through enough drama and the last thing I wanted to go through was drama. I didn't want that. I didn't have the energy or the strength to do it. I was still recovering from my mentor's death, my aunt's death, and my father's death all in one year. The situation with Isiah [Thomas], with the 'he sent me home' thing and then he didn't. I was like, 'Come on, man, you need to do this. Let me go.' "
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/02/27/marbury_answers_call/?page=1

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Haters need to calm down. Marbury is just excited, because this is the first time he's going to play a regular season game, in over a year. Marbury is a highly talented point guard. We will see his talents put to use in Boston.

Mike D'Antoni had a chance to turn the Knicks into a playoff team this season, had he put his ego and past hate towards Marbury aside and just played Duhon at the point and Marbury at the 2. With Marbury's ability to get to the basket, and Duhon's ability to make plays, the Knicks would have at least gotten the 8th seed this year. It is not Marbury's fault that the head coach didn't want to give him playing time. He wanted to play in New York, but he was let go. Marbury even said that he wishes the best for the Knicks. He's obviously not holding any grudges, so why don't the haters stop holding grudges?

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just anoher reason to hate boston. Thats great for stephon, but i wamted him to go to any team other than the celshits

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I say good riddance...

Not only do we get rid of a cancerous player from our team but the fake Knick fans will be gone as well.

metrocard

Legend
You guys sound more depressed and sad over this than my brotha MSG33.

Celtics are happy
Steph is happy

hopefully D'Antoni and Walsh are happy with their illogical decesion.

But you guys seem like a little bothered and pissed.

Realistically, we lost the best player on this team, FOR NOTHING.

Realistically, we're a SHITTY TEAM with no hopes of the playoff now because Walsh expects two down the hill bench players in Hughes and Wilcox will rejuvenate this squad...such BS.

Boston finally has a PG that can shoot...Marbury is a better passer than Duhon also and superior in the half court player(Where Boston loves to be)

I wouldnt be surprised to see Marbury win the starting PG spot.
Rando is so bad at shooting, he could go into the slump, where Marbury can potential explode...He's a half court player, so are Allen, Pierce, and Garnett...it all works out for Marbury.

Seriously, stop this "This is a Knicks fan site", I would break all your teeth in your ****ing mouth, I know this is a Knicks fan site, thats why I'm here. I'm one of the most passionate Knick fans in the world. Most people on this site recognize that.

My defense for Marbury is really logical and makes sense if you read the facts and look at our record.

Oh well, I've been through it all, once again I'm looking forward to your disagreements and replies.

Peace.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You guys sound more depressed and sad over this than my brotha MSG33.

Celtics are happy
Steph is happy

hopefully D'Antoni and Walsh are happy with their illogical decesion.

But you guys seem like a little bothered and pissed.

Realistically, we lost the best player on this team, FOR NOTHING.

Realistically, we're a SHITTY TEAM with no hopes of the playoff now because Walsh expects two down the hill bench players in Hughes and Wilcox will rejuvenate this squad...such BS.

Boston finally has a PG that can shoot...Marbury is a better passer than Duhon also and superior in the half court player(Where Boston loves to be)

I wouldnt be surprised to see Marbury win the starting PG spot.
Rando is so bad at shooting, he could go into the slump, where Marbury can potential explode...He's a half court player, so are Allen, Pierce, and Garnett...it all works out for Marbury.

Seriously, stop this "This is a Knicks fan site", I would break all your teeth in your ****ing mouth, I know this is a Knicks fan site, thats why I'm here. I'm one of the most passionate Knick fans in the world. Most people on this site recognize that.

My defense for Marbury is really logical and makes sense if you read the facts and look at our record.

Oh well, I've been through it all, once again I'm looking forward to your disagreements and replies.

Peace.

haha its been tough seeing him go to the Celtics. But im watchin part of the Celtics game and it was nice to see the Boston fans give him a standing ovation. And Tommy Heinson said that he thinks Isiah made Marbury the scapegoat...which is obvious to anyone whos not blinded by hate, but why couldnt Heinson say that before Marbury was with the Celtics?

He also said that hes not fond of Isiah thomas, because Isiah called him a racist :lol:

lol @ Heinson still being hurt over that, when it was probably over 10 years ago :lol: :lol:

Metro...i really think the haterburys are just trying to get our attention. I noticed that when were not on here as much, they aren't on here as much either. Its funny how that works...

Boston fans dont realize what they have, and most knicks fans dont realize what we had. Marbury is one of the most talented point guards to ever play the game. He made some mistakes...not nearly as many as haterburys will say he made, but he also had bad luck and little help since joining the Knicks.

Theres no doubt in my mind that we would have been a playoff team this year if D'antoni chose to not play Marbury.