Philly 76ers @ NY Knicks 10-13-09 *Preseason*

the portable man

Benchwarmer
watching the knicks win a game is like getting a rare gift

dantoni to his team "the sooner u take the 3, the better, it's all about rhythm"

ye tell that to a bunch of guys who STILL need to work on driving and playing defense

Toons

is the Bo$$
are u kidding me??? these preseason games show which teams are either hungry or prepared.......knicks right now are NEITHER

u have the bobcats playing hard as hell, coming up short but without any real superstars they still manage to stay in game, a reason why they almost made playoffs last season

with these shitty games theyre basically saying 'we dont wanna try really but hey we might shoot our way out of the next game'

its ridiculous bball

i was talkin about the lineup changes and experiments dummy. the playoffs are to see who is hungry nigqa...preseason??? most teams dont even play their starters for more than 2 quarters. preseason is for lineup experiments and rooks.! check

the portable man

Benchwarmer
ur pointless, those experiments are much more meaningful to the knicks considering our entire last season was an experiment, so if they dont perform well then they aren't prepared case closed, u have no idea what ur talking, go kick rocks kid

yeh preseason is a breeze for teams like lakers, cavs, magic, etc, but for more than half the league their rookies and preseason games draw high expectations otherwise its safe to say they are in shit

CoolClyde

3 times a loser

it's amazing how Jeffries sucks. one game he's hitting 3's, and then nothing. he disappears. and still chucks up 3's. no defense, waste of space, much rather see Darko starting. The game changed when Darko came in. The game never changes with Jeffries, unless he's having one of his "blue moon" lucky nights.

what happened to Chandler? i guess he's buying into this 7-second shoot-first offense, with very little driving to basket. He is not a guard, and will have to come off bench behind Lee and Al. Some of his misses were dreadful! Speaking of dreadful, Larry Hughes. maybe 1 or 2 decent passes, and nothing else.

Gallo disappeared as well. what's up with that? 7 seconds...?

DLEE actually had a decent game on defense. He guards his man pretty well and will be our premiere PF for years to come, I hope. As long as he's not required to be the looming defensive center presence, he's key.

N8 deserves to start, he's the only one who drives the paint and makes things happen.

Duhon/Douglas
N8/Hughes
Harrington/Gallo
Lee/Chandler/Hill
Darko/Jeffries

This team doesn't understand offense or defense. Passing the ball is one thing, finding the open, set shot is another. No wonder the team bricked over 30 threes. an offensive offensive outing. How does shooting 41 threes prepare a team in any way?

Superfly

Rookie
The Knicks played their first preseason game at the Garden last night ? their first two games were in Albany and Boston ? and, well, it wasn't exactly ideal. That is to say: By the end of the game, Madison Square Garden fans were booing. In a preseason game. Against the 76ers. On a Tuesday.

We're on record as saying that even when the Knicks lose, they're entertaining. This was not the case last evening. They lost to Philadelphia 93?85, but they just looked wretched doing it. The theoretically exciting Mike D'Antoni offense had a total of twelve assists, but the greater problem was the shooting. The Knicks ? and we hope you're sitting down ? went 7 for 41 from the three-point line last night. That's not good.

We particularly love how the Daily News classifies Larry Hughes's struggles: "Larry Hughes, an early candidate for a midseason buyout, missed all eight of his shots, and the crowd groaned with each attempt." See, when you're a candidate for a midseason buyout ? basically, the ultimate eff-you Just Go Away Please an NBA team can tell a player ? before the season even starts, well, let's just say we wouldn't recommend investing in a Larry Hughes jersey.

The Knicks are cool with the boos because they're the Knicks, they're used to it.

"We didn't play well and they have the right to boo," Jared Jeffries said. "But I know this, once we start winning they'll be cheering for us."​

Esteemed Knicks blog Posting and Toasting was at the game and pleads for caution, lest we burn the Knicks at the stake before we even have the opportunity to write them off, calling the loss "preseason noise," while admitting "It's no fun to get all grumpy in mid-October." Sure it is! That's what being a Knicks fan is all about, right?

The next preseason game is Friday against the Nets. Let's see if Hughes can avoid being bought out by then.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2009/10/hey-the-knicks-are-being-booed.html
<!-- /end .entry-body --><!-- /end .entry-content -->

GetRealistic

Starter
Its the preseason fellas. Save your the real angry for when it counts.

Last night doesn't change my opinion on this team at all. I said a few weeks ago we'll win between 35-40 games and i'm sticking with that. Obviously we can't shoot 14% from three or attempt 41 threes in a game, but despite what we showed were obviously not that bad of a shooting team. Did you guys watch last season? Offense was never an issue.

It's the Preseason emphasis on PRE. If come game 5 of the regular season we're shooting this poorly then you can call for D'Antoni's job but i highly doubt any NBA can shoot that poorly. It was a bad shooting night for a team that obvious doesn't have thier legs.

I know its a small positive but we should look at that fact we played absolutely awful on offense and only lost by 8 points. And look at the fact we've played good defense in all three games. Its not great defense but its an improvement.

If we hold teams to around 95ppg we're going to win games. Becuase we're going to score points.. I'm not worried about the offense.