Playoff Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Is it not pathetic? Unbelievable....

Lakers in 6. Kobe MVP. Pierce will sprain his ovary in game 3 and cry like a refugee.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who do u like in the FINALS

Who do u like in the FINALS?

I want N8 to get some playingtime/win a RING/send Damntoni a text.

If N8 dont get no playingtime....Go Lakers! to back to back Championships.

smokes

Huge Member
Who do u like in the FINALS?

I want N8 to get some playingtime/win a RING/send Damntoni a text.

If N8 dont get no playingtime....Go Lakers! to back to back Championships.

I'm sure Nate will get at least 8 mpg against the Lakers to run hard at Fisher and wear him out so Rondo can come into the game and abuse him. Look for Nate at the end 3rd/start 4th to push the Lakers backcourt.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm sure Nate will get at least 8 mpg against the Lakers to run hard at Fisher and wear him out so Rondo can come into the game and abuse him. Look for Nate at the end 3rd/start 4th to push the Lakers backcourt.

I must admit, I thought that wouldve been coach Doc Rivers plan with N8 & Rondo in the first round to sweep the Miami Heat, while preparing N8 alongside of the Celtics 6-man rotation that been glued together the last 3 seasons.

Kiyaman

Legend
The FINALS position vs position

LOS ANGELES (AP)?A position-by-position look at the matchups in the NBA finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics.
rimshot.gif

CENTER: Andrew Bynum vs. Kendrick Perkins.
The Lakers sorely missed Bynum two years ago against the Celtics in the finals, when he was sidelined with a knee injury. He?s back now but still has knee problems that have limited him to only about 24 minutes per game in the postseason. Perkins, an excellent defender, will look forward to an easier cover after having to defend and be defended by Dwight Howard(notes) in the last round. Edge: Even. (Celtics)
beatup.gif
to
nailbite.gif

POWER FORWARD: Pau Gasol vs. Kevin Garnett.
The matchup that could swing the series. Garnett easily had the better of it two years, but Gasol is much tougher than he was then and is having a terrific postseason. Still a top defender, Garnett scored at least 18 points in every game against Cleveland in the second round, then managed more than 10 only once against Orlando. Edge: Lakers.
clapping.gif

SMALL FORWARD: Ron Artest vs. Paul Pierce.
Artest will drive the Lakers? fans and coaches nuts with some bad shots, but all will be forgiven if he can do what Los Angeles couldn?t do two years ago: defend Pierce. Pierce?s offensive game is back on track after he had to sacrifice scoring while defending LeBron James(notes) in the East semifinals, so Artest will have to be at his best. Edge: Celtics.
clapping.gif

SHOOTING GUARD: Kobe Bryant vs. Ray Allen.
Bryant comes off a magnificent series against Phoenix in the West finals, averaging 33.7 points, 7.2 rebounds and 8.3 assists while making 52.1 percent of his shots. He wants this one badly after the Celtics held him in check in their victory two years ago. Allen, still one of the NBA?s best shooters, scored 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting in Boston?s regular-season victory over Los Angeles but was limited to seven and shot just 2 for 10 in its loss. Edge: Lakers.
clapping.gif

POINT GUARD: Derek Fisher vs. Rajon Rondo.
Rondo has been one of the best players in this playoffs, but he?s taken a lot of bumps along the way and wasn?t as spectacular in the conference finals as he was against Cleveland in the previous round. Still, his athleticism makes this the one matchup that should definitely favor Boston. Fisher still can be counted on to hit a big shot somewhere along the way, as he did in Game 4 of last year?s finals. Edge: Celtics. (Lakers Fisher why? Rondo's talent with Big-3 would not have survive the West Big-3 PG Westbrook, D.Will, and Nash)
shocked.gif

RESERVES: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton vs.
Glen Davis, Rasheed Wallace, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Michael Finley.
A lot depends on the health of the Celtics, who watched Davis and Wallace get banged up in the previous round. If the Celtics are healthy, they are deeper. Tony Allen will get plenty of chances to defend Bryant.
Edge: Celtics (only with the use of N8 the Great Robinson).
nailbite.gif

COACHES: Phil Jackson vs. Doc Rivers.
After the Celtics delayed him two years ago, Jackson won his NBA-best 10th championship last June. Rivers carefully monitored his aging stars? minutes late in the season, even as it cost the Celtics wins. The most intriguing part of the coaching matchup this year could be the rumor mill: There?s talk that neither will be back with his team next season. Edge: Even. (Lakers.... there is nothing even about Phil Jax vs Doc Rivers )
shocked.gif

smokes

Huge Member
LOS ANGELES (AP)?A position-by-position look at the matchups in the NBA finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics.
rimshot.gif

CENTER: Andrew Bynum vs. Kendrick Perkins.
The Lakers sorely missed Bynum two years ago against the Celtics in the finals, when he was sidelined with a knee injury. He?s back now but still has knee problems that have limited him to only about 24 minutes per game in the postseason. Perkins, an excellent defender, will look forward to an easier cover after having to defend and be defended by Dwight Howard(notes) in the last round. Edge: Even. (Celtics)
beatup.gif
to
nailbite.gif

POWER FORWARD: Pau Gasol vs. Kevin Garnett.
The matchup that could swing the series. Garnett easily had the better of it two years, but Gasol is much tougher than he was then and is having a terrific postseason. Still a top defender, Garnett scored at least 18 points in every game against Cleveland in the second round, then managed more than 10 only once against Orlando. Edge: Lakers.
clapping.gif

SMALL FORWARD: Ron Artest vs. Paul Pierce.
Artest will drive the Lakers? fans and coaches nuts with some bad shots, but all will be forgiven if he can do what Los Angeles couldn?t do two years ago: defend Pierce. Pierce?s offensive game is back on track after he had to sacrifice scoring while defending LeBron James(notes) in the East semifinals, so Artest will have to be at his best. Edge: Celtics.
clapping.gif

SHOOTING GUARD: Kobe Bryant vs. Ray Allen.
Bryant comes off a magnificent series against Phoenix in the West finals, averaging 33.7 points, 7.2 rebounds and 8.3 assists while making 52.1 percent of his shots. He wants this one badly after the Celtics held him in check in their victory two years ago. Allen, still one of the NBA?s best shooters, scored 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting in Boston?s regular-season victory over Los Angeles but was limited to seven and shot just 2 for 10 in its loss. Edge: Lakers.
clapping.gif

POINT GUARD: Derek Fisher vs. Rajon Rondo.
Rondo has been one of the best players in this playoffs, but he?s taken a lot of bumps along the way and wasn?t as spectacular in the conference finals as he was against Cleveland in the previous round. Still, his athleticism makes this the one matchup that should definitely favor Boston. Fisher still can be counted on to hit a big shot somewhere along the way, as he did in Game 4 of last year?s finals. Edge: Celtics. (Lakers Fisher why? Rondo's talent with Big-3 would not have survive the West Big-3 PG Westbrook, D.Will, and Nash)
shocked.gif

RESERVES: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton vs.
Glen Davis, Rasheed Wallace, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Michael Finley.
A lot depends on the health of the Celtics, who watched Davis and Wallace get banged up in the previous round. If the Celtics are healthy, they are deeper. Tony Allen will get plenty of chances to defend Bryant.
Edge: Celtics (only with the use of N8 the Great Robinson).
nailbite.gif

COACHES: Phil Jackson vs. Doc Rivers.
After the Celtics delayed him two years ago, Jackson won his NBA-best 10th championship last June. Rivers carefully monitored his aging stars? minutes late in the season, even as it cost the Celtics wins. The most intriguing part of the coaching matchup this year could be the rumor mill: There?s talk that neither will be back with his team next season. Edge: Even. (Lakers.... there is nothing even about Phil Jax vs Doc Rivers )
shocked.gif

Good post +1

Apparently Bryant is going to be defending Rondo. Good idea to contain him but if Ray Ray gets hot how are they going to handle defending him with Fisher/Brown?

Also Rondo running Bryant all over the court could work well for the Celtics to keep him occupied defensively and take some of the energy away from his offensive game.

Gonna be a fun series.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
KG choking like he's allergic to basketball.

Gasol is good. REALLY good. Artest playing timely D and Kobe separating himself from the rest of the league. AGAIN.

Did I hear someone say he's over rated recently? It must have been someone really dumb.

O & B

Banned
Are you interested in joining another sports forum? We cover all sports

**spam**

Check us out and see if you like it.Hope to hear from you soon!

GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

smokes

Huge Member
I must admit, I thought that wouldve been coach Doc Rivers plan with N8 & Rondo in the first round to sweep the Miami Heat, while preparing N8 alongside of the Celtics 6-man rotation that been glued together the last 3 seasons.

Here we go, Nate coming up big in game 2. Not a minute before the 4th quarter and keeping the Celtics in a strong position to finish out the game with a rested Rondo. Good coaching by Doc Rivers and good play by Nate, D'antoni should be taking notes :lol:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Game on guys, we have a series on our hands. Nice breakdown by Kiya by the way. Ray Allen puts on a serious shooting exhibition last night. 27 points in the first half 9-9 from three DAMN!!! We also had a Kryptonate appearance and he provided a spark. Poor games by "The Big Ticket" and Paul Pierce and the Celts still win. Felt like the 80's again watching the Celtics and Lakers going blow for blow. I am kinda rooting for the Celtics only because I like Doc Rivers more than Phil and the Celtic fans actually chanted for Lebron to come to the Knicks as they knocked the Cavs from the playoffs.

CoolClyde

Game on guys, we have a series on our hands. Nice breakdown by Kiya by the way. Ray Allen puts on a serious shooting exhibition last night. 27 points in the first half 9-9 from three DAMN!!! We also had a Kryptonate appearance and he provided a spark. Poor games by "The Big Ticket" and Paul Pierce and the Celts still win. Felt like the 80's again watching the Celtics and Lakers going blow for blow. I am kinda rooting for the Celtics only because I like Doc Rivers more than Phil and the Celtic fans actually chanted for Lebron to come to the Knicks as they knocked the Cavs from the playoffs.

Agreed! Great game! RayAllen and Rondo have sick skills, even with Garnott and The Truth having sh*t games, Boston played excellent. You gotta root for ex-Knick N8, his limited playing time has been clutch, and I wish him the best. You gotta root for ex-Knick Doc Rivers (fantastic time-out call when clock was ticking down in 4th, great coaching!), and ex-Knick coach Tom Thimbledick, who's making it happen on the Dee against Ko-be. Amazing how TT got the Bulls coaching position in the middle of the finals, when has that EVER happened? Damn bullsh*t, I say! The fact that Celtdick fans chanted for the Knicks when El BJ shot free throws is classic. Plus, you gotta root east coast vs west coast. F*ck Jackoff Nicholson! Go ex-Knicks!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Agreed! Great game! RayAllen and Rondo have sick skills, even with Garnott and The Truth having sh*t games, Boston played excellent. You gotta root for ex-Knick N8, his limited playing time has been clutch, and I wish him the best. You gotta root for ex-Knick Doc Rivers (fantastic time-out call when clock was ticking down in 4th, great coaching!), and ex-Knick coach Tom Thimbledick, who's making it happen on the Dee against Ko-be. Amazing how TT got the Bulls coaching position in the middle of the finals, when has that EVER happened? Damn bullsh*t, I say! The fact that Celtdick fans chanted for the Knicks when El BJ shot free throws is classic. Plus, you gotta root east coast vs west coast. F*ck Jackoff Nicholson! Go ex-Knicks!

Man if Doc didn't have wingtips he could have inserted himself into the lineup. He was so far out on the court to call that last time out I thought he was suiting up. Got to love the enthusiasm!!!

CoolClyde

2-2, N8 Does It Again!

Another great game last night, ex-Knick Doc Rivers taking a chance on N8, sitting 4 out of 5 starters, watching Li'l Him and Big Baby take over the game in 4th Q. A couple clutch 3's, an amazing drive to the hoop, solid passing and over-the-top enthusiasm, N8 Robinson has found his thrill on Bostonberry hill. God bless a smart coach like Doc Rivers utilizing the tools he has, instead of ego-benching his players. Big Baby looks like young Chuck Barkley, his very presence making a difference on the rebounding and athleticism tip.

what the hell is up with Paul Pierce? He is bound to break out in the next couple games. He's probably choking on his guarantee of not coming back to LA and reverting back to his womanly self, but I think he'll man up and take over one of these remaining games. Rayallen and his mom will return to form, Garnott is a whirlwind waiting to happen, and Rondo is as Rondo does.

Celtdicks in 7.

clumsy

Rotation player
you crazy i gotta root for Boston cuz there are ex Knicks on the team. I respect skills regardless of team.

Nate is only aight even on his best day.

If anything i root for Ron Artest the ultimate under dog. Cuz he got trashed unfairly by the media. And i guarentee that dude is smarter than 90% of reporters...he was a math major. heh heh even Jeff Van Gundy called him out recently.

Lakers take game 7.