Playoff Thread

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Your absolutely retarted sometimes.

All of those teams completely raped us at the PG and C positions. Not even a close comparison.

They raped us at the PG and C positions because of D'Antoni's roster selections. If we had played Toney Douglas at the beginning of the year we would've been able to contain Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings far better than we did. But no, D'Antoni played CHRIS DUHON instead.

If we had played Darko at Center we would've been able to contain players like Bogut and Brad Miller (LOL at the day when a team with BRAD MILLER rapes us at the Center position), but no D'Antoni chose to play David Lee against those guys with the deceptive notion that playing David Lee would somehow allow us to guard Andrew Bogut way better than playing Darko.

If D'Antoni had played Douglas instead of Duhon and Darko instead of Lee and played Lee at the 4 and sent this rotation onto the floor:

PG - Douglas
SG - Chandler
SF - Gallo
PF - Lee
C - Darko

That lineup would've had a MUCH better chance against the 5-8 playoff seeds. If you guys remember, we weren't all that far outside of the 8th seed a few weeks before the All-Star Break. But no, D'Antoni's short rotation eventually reared its butt ugly head and our players wore down and while David Lee is a good player, he can't be expected to guard players 4 inches taller than he is.

CoolClyde

I hate Celtdick fans

Back to this being a playoff thread:

damn, Rondo looked good tonite. F*cking Balkmania!
I had to laugh at the Obama/Lebron "Nope" shirt.
I hate Celtdick fans worse than I hate the team.

will Lebron chooses NYC as his next home town if Cleveland wins it all,
or if they lose to the 'dicks? I JUST DON'T KNOW!
Either way, I just cannot root for those 'dicks! I HATE THEM.
even more than D'amntoni. but it's a close call.

PS: I don't think Kiyaman is retarted. retarded, maybe.
retarted? retarded. haha. well, his heart's in the right place.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Kiyaman does love his Knicks.

In any case LeBron's not a moron. He's smart enough to know that the Cavaliers' roster is basically bogged down in salary cap hell until Antawn Jamison's contract expires. Basically meaning that unless they work out some pretty magical trades, they'll have absolutely NOTHING to play with other than the MLE this off-season. They have the money to go over the cap to re-sign LeBron, but they don't have enough cap space to sign free agents other than with the MLE.

Which means next year LeBron's pretty much stuck with the same group of guys, along with maybe a late 1st rounder. He's not dumb enough to sign with the Cavaliers especially when he could take his choice of playing with an aging Antawn Jamison or he could go to New York and pretty much pick a group of free agents he'd like to play with.

I want the Celdicks to lose. LeBron's smart enough to know that if his team doesn't win it this year, they're not going to improve for next year, so they're not going to win it next year either.

iSaYughh

Starter
They raped us at the PG and C positions because of D'Antoni's roster selections. If we had played Toney Douglas at the beginning of the year we would've been able to contain Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings far better than we did. But no, D'Antoni played CHRIS DUHON instead.

If we had played Darko at Center we would've been able to contain players like Bogut and Brad Miller (LOL at the day when a team with BRAD MILLER rapes us at the Center position), but no D'Antoni chose to play David Lee against those guys with the deceptive notion that playing David Lee would somehow allow us to guard Andrew Bogut way better than playing Darko.

If D'Antoni had played Douglas instead of Duhon and Darko instead of Lee and played Lee at the 4 and sent this rotation onto the floor:

PG - Douglas
SG - Chandler
SF - Gallo
PF - Lee
C - Darko

That lineup would've had a MUCH better chance against the 5-8 playoff seeds. If you guys remember, we weren't all that far outside of the 8th seed a few weeks before the All-Star Break. But no, D'Antoni's short rotation eventually reared its butt ugly head and our players wore down and while David Lee is a good player, he can't be expected to guard players 4 inches taller than he is.

Douglas doesn't have great PG skills. He was a late 1st pick that necessarily took a --little-- time before getting starter minutes at a position that he isn't naturally all that well suited for.

Douglas needs a good and vwellsuited sg to be an effective starting pg.

Chandler is not a SG. And he is soft with more holes in his makeup than swiss cheese.

Already that lineup equates to THE worst backcourt in the NBA.

Gallo is Gallo.

Lee at PF equates to superior D for him and overall play.

It also equates to us starting and relying on arguably the worst draft pick in the history of the NBA as our C when he's been passed around the league for the better part of a decade as a weak-backup like a 2bit whore at an ivy league frat party.

That said, I agree, i would have liked to see him have been given a chance. And he played pretty solid in albeit limited time when starting after being traded to a team whose bigs was decimated by injuries.

Bu that said, the fundamental picture is we'd --still-- be manning the:

Worst backcourt in the NBA. By far.

A C whose day(S) in court has yielded a backup and a lame one at that.

No matter how you slice it we invariably had the single most deranged roster in the 2010 NBA and D'ant didn't have shit to do with it, really.

A normal team can get ravaged by injuries and it'd still be superior to us -- e.g. bucks, rockets...and lets plz stop even alluding to the bulls and heat as being approaching equal -- let alone worse-- than our 2010 team.

Smh. D'ant is becoming way too big of a straw man/scapegoat. He coached like shit in a lotta ways, and did speculative stuff. Ok. Perhaps you cant sculpt a masterpiece, or even something that doesn't reek of shit, when using damp shit as material? And its inconsequential regardless of what you do. This has been the state of the 2010 Knicks.

As further evidenced by these "perfected" anti-d'ant lineups that are still utterly rank.

And in the more consequential ways our season ended with auspicious signs and key-player growth.

Douglas, Lee, Gallo, Walker are primed for big 2011's now. I.e pretty much every Knick who matters to our ongoing future.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I got one

Your absolutely retarted sometimes.

All of those teams completely raped us at the PG and C positions. Not even a close comparison.

I see it's very hard for u to figure-out that Duhon was a decent starter while Nate & Hughes was our best finishers. Adding the creative rookie Toney Douglas as our 4th guard in the rotation wouldve limited Duhon's playingtime to the minutes it shouldve been which is 22 to 26 minutes per game this season, depending on the competition. Duhon is not a 30 or more mpg PG.

Wilson Chandler shouldve played every second and minute of his playingtime this season at the SF position dividing the 48 minutes of playingtime with Harrington.....we got RAPED at the SF position from the start of the season with Gallo hanging out on the three point line on offense/defense (1-11 start, "the greatest shooter I ever seen").
Wilson Chandler is not a mudder F....king SG!
and should have never been put at SG when we had 3-combo guards on the roster in Hughes, Nate, and Douglas.

David Lee did not have any success at defending bigmen at the center position in his 79 games in the 2008-9 season. So during the 2009 summer .....
Donnie Walsh had C-Eddy Curry lose weight for offense, traded for a C-Darko who gave the Magic and Grizz a decent defensive-rebounding performance for 20 mpg the past 3 seasons, plus selected a strong hustling 6.10 F/C-Jordan Hill out of the draft to receive 18 minutes of developing playingtime in the 2009-10 season. When u do the math and add in the factor of 6.11 Jefferies defensive abilities it gives u "FOUR" reasons why David Lee shouldve played the majority of his playingtime at the PF position throughout the 2009-10 season.

All of those teams completely raped us at the PG and C positions.
BULLSHITT!
:barf:
At the end of the day (season), the Knick roster of players did not get raped at the PG and C positions......the Knicks headcoach Dantoni's coaching philosophy of DNP, short rotation, and forcing players to perform out of their natural position got RAPED.
:smokin:Kiya

Kiyaman

Legend
The Spurs Big-3 vs Suns Big-3 and company

:update:
This is not a JOKE

The new improve (coach Gentry) Phoenix Suns "SWEPT" the San Antonio Spurs 4-0 to go to the Western Conference Finals.

Remarkable.......
minzdrav.gif

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
:update:
This is not a JOKE

The new improve (coach Gentry) Phoenix Suns "SWEPT" the San Antonio Spurs 4-0 to go to the Western Conference Finals.

Remarkable.......
minzdrav.gif

How predictable. Yes, it was the massive changes by Gentry that still has the Suns running a high flying offense with little defense. It can't be injuries and the age of the Spurs that had anything to do with it...nope! It's all because D'antoni is no longer the coach...right? :barf:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I see it's very hard for u to figure-out that Duhon was a decent starter while Nate & Hughes was our best finishers. Adding the creative rookie Toney Douglas as our 4th guard in the rotation wouldve limited Duhon's playingtime to the minutes it shouldve been which is 22 to 26 minutes per game this season, depending on the competition. Duhon is not a 30 or more mpg PG.

Wilson Chandler shouldve played every second and minute of his playingtime this season at the SF position dividing the 48 minutes of playingtime with Harrington.....we got RAPED at the SF position from the start of the season with Gallo hanging out on the three point line on offense/defense (1-11 start, "the greatest shooter I ever seen").
and should have never been put at SG when we had 3-combo guards on the roster in Hughes, Nate, and Douglas.

David Lee did not have any success at defending bigmen at the center position in his 79 games in the 2008-9 season. So during the 2009 summer .....
Donnie Walsh had C-Eddy Curry lose weight for offense, traded for a C-Darko who gave the Magic and Grizz a decent defensive-rebounding performance for 20 mpg the past 3 seasons, plus selected a strong hustling 6.10 F/C-Jordan Hill out of the draft to receive 18 minutes of developing playingtime in the 2009-10 season. When u do the math and add in the factor of 6.11 Jefferies defensive abilities it gives u "FOUR" reasons why David Lee shouldve played the majority of his playingtime at the PF position throughout the 2009-10 season.

BULLSHITT!
At the end of the day (season), the Knick roster of players did not get raped at the PG and C positions......the Knicks headcoach Dantoni's coaching philosophy of DNP, short rotation, and forcing players to perform out of their natural position got RAPED.
Where have I read this before? Or am I seeing shit....

GetRealistic

Starter
This is hard to do and say but i'm rooting pretty hard for the Celtics to beat the Cavs. It'd be one thing if Lebron lost to the Magic or Lakers. Because both teams are constructed better and more talented then the Cavs but if Lebron and the Cavs lose to an over the hill Celtic team the writing is clearly on the wall for him to leave Cleveland.

The Cavs supporting cast continues to prove they are not very good. Mo Williams is a nice regular season player but he shrinks in the playoffs. Jamison is the exact same. The Shaq trade was stupid when it happened and looks worse now. Varejo is nothing more then a less skilled David Lee who plays defense.

Like i said its hard but if the Celtics can beat/embarass the Cavs i gotta figured Lebrons leaving. BTW i think he's leaving no matter what but this would put it over the top.

Lebron, Gallo, TD, Chandler, Bill Walker, and big time free agent are better then the current Cavs. Plus a sold out wild MSG is a game changer come playoff time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Larry hughes is one of the most overpaid, overrated players of this era.

Larry Hughes never been overratted, maybe over payed, but never overrated, he has always been one of the top-5 defensive guards in this era. His 37 minutes per game in the 2006-7 Cavs season is what lifted Lebron to the NBA Finals.
Hughes is an outstanding defensive-guard that will scream and insult his teammates when they dont get back on defense or dont play any defense.
As a Washington Wizard Hughes & Arenas stayed on C-Kwame Brown case for poor defense.
Hughes defensive performance makes him an exceptional wanted player, but his outside shooting is considered a turnover, which u will see Hughes shoot whenever his teammates are not playing defense.

Al Harrington takes 20-30 shots per game, thinks he's melo or something.

Al Harrington FG% was 50% shooting only 11 fga per game in his 10 year career before being coached by Damntoni giving him the greenlight as the first option on offense (16 FGA).
Harrington was a defensive player throughout his career with the Indiana Pacers (Smit, Davis, Miller, and Mark Jackson was the Pacers offense).

Duhon couldn't hit a shot to save his life,

Duhon's four year career in Chicago averaging 24 mpg, on 37% FG shooting, plus the poor percentage at shooting had coach Skiles make him take 6 or less fga per game. Duhon's overall Bulls performance had all of us in this "KO" forum and alot of other Knick forums "lable-ing" Duhon as a tier-3 PG from the start.
Every Knick-Fan was angry with Duhon's perfomance after the first 9 games this season. However, the angrier we fans got at each of his performance the increase minutes of playingtime Duhon receive .....
Nate & Hughes shouldve been receiving the majority of playingtime in the guard rotation while Duhons minutes be shared with rookie Douglas.

Throughout the entire 2009-10 season Duhon did not perform better at the PG position than Sergio, Douglas, Hughes, or Nate, at anytime.
All of coach Damntoni excuse after excuse for Duhon's poor performance should not get a "FREE-PASS" when all the DNP to Hughes, Nate, and Douglas were uncalled for.

The Knicks wasnt a 2nd round playoff team, but the roster we had in training-camp were not a bum 29 win season team either.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is hard to do and say but i'm rooting pretty hard for the Celtics to beat the Cavs. It'd be one thing if Lebron lost to the Magic or Lakers. Because both teams are constructed better and more talented then the Cavs but if Lebron and the Cavs lose to an over the hill Celtic team the writing is clearly on the wall for him to leave Cleveland.

The Cavs supporting cast continues to prove they are not very good. Mo Williams is a nice regular season player but he shrinks in the playoffs. Jamison is the exact same. The Shaq trade was stupid when it happened and looks worse now. Varejo is nothing more then a less skilled David Lee who plays defense.

Like i said its hard but if the Celtics can beat/embarass the Cavs i gotta figured Lebrons leaving. BTW i think he's leaving no matter what but this would put it over the top.

Lebron, Gallo, TD, Chandler, Bill Walker, and big time free agent are better then the current Cavs. Plus a sold out wild MSG is a game changer come playoff time.

The Boston Celtics deep-bench makes-up for all the weak areas of their starters in a playoff series.
They could go long and strong against every NBA team in a series except for the Orlando Magic.
The Celtics losing to any other team (besides Orlando) will be coach Rivers depending on Rondo to play over 40 mpg in a series.

Lebron leaving Cleveland without winning a Championship?
I dont think so...

GetRealistic

Starter
The only way for Boston to win is for Rondo to play 40 + minutes a night. Other then Lebron he is the best player on the court in that series by far.

CoolClyde

Damned right. I tried to defend D'Antoni because of his supporting cast, I really did. But I'm having a hard time giving him the time of day because of his idiotic substitutions and how he treats his bench players. D'Antoni wasn't even willing to start Jordan Hill, our LOTTERY PICK. D'Antoni wasn't even willing to start Darko Milicic, a 7 footer who could block shots when we faced D12 and played DAVID LEE at the 5. Really? D'Antoni deserves every bit of criticism for that.
Hey SSj4Wz, just wanted to say I liked this entire previous post of yours...
:beer:

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
What happens if we play Hill more minutes? He was a goner to get us the cap space we need.

If he plays well maybe we give up a bit less in the Jeffries deal in terms of future draft selections.

If he plays rank maybe we never even trade Jeffries without giving up truly impactful assets for our imminent future and eminent plan.

Is the risk worth the reward?

This was a complex season being spearheaded by Walsh.

Ensuring we dump Jeffries -- as we did -- and assuring Plan 2010 could go full blast ahead was prioritized at the expense of coaching and playing like a normal team.

Walsh played high stakes poker this year and our team's priority wasn't maximizing our existing talent pool and trying to win.

D'ant coached accordingly, particularly re: Hill.

The one question mark is possibly giving Darko starting time at C. I bitched about this all season long.

Then again, what consequential end would this have had? Not much, really, in light of the above.. And Darko is one of the biggest donkeys in drafting history whos beeen passed around the league like a butt ugly whore. So...

Myself and many are willing to give D'ant a 1yr pass on all this.
Especially since our season ended with several --consequential-- bright spots, and our orgs number1 trade and strategic goal got accomplished.

CoolC and Ss and others have made compelling cases against D'ant regardless. He's on a very short leash by myself and pretty much every knick fan, IMO as a result of all this.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Douglas doesn't have great PG skills. He was a late 1st pick that necessarily took a --little-- time before getting starter minutes at a position that he isn't naturally all that well suited for.

Douglas needs a good and vwellsuited sg to be an effective starting pg.
And you really believe we should've played Chris Duhon for 40 minutes? Do you really think that was the better option? Are you high?

Chandler is not a SG. And he is soft with more holes in his makeup than swiss cheese.

Already that lineup equates to THE worst backcourt in the NBA.
It doesn't matter - we should've played Chandler because even not as an SG he's way better than anybody else we could've played. We could've played Larry Hughes, too, but again Coach had his stupid DNP-CDs going on.

It also equates to us starting and relying on arguably the worst draft pick in the history of the NBA as our C when he's been passed around the league for the better part of a decade as a weak-backup like a 2bit whore at an ivy league frat party.
And you think our team is somehow better when we put in a black hole on offense JARED JEFFRIES and a black hole on defense DAVID LEE at the 4 and the 5? You've got to be joking me. At least if we put Lee at the 4 and Darko at the 5 we get good defense out of it, if we put Jeffries at the 4 and Lee at the 5 we get slaughtered on defense for the same amount of offensive production.

Bu that said, the fundamental picture is we'd --still-- be manning the:

Worst backcourt in the NBA. By far.
And? We could've improved that backcourt defensively by putting Douglas and Hughes in instead of Duhon, but no we somehow thought putting Duhon in was better. Duhon is an OK backup when used for 20 minutes.

A C whose day(S) in court has yielded a backup and a lame one at that.
He's not a lame backup, he BLOCKS SHOTS and HUSTLES and PLAYS DEFENSE. Darko would've done MUCH better for us at Center than David Lee.

Look at this off-season - Donnie is trying to address our need for a shotblocker. Hey Donnie, why don't you ask D'Antoni why he ran Darko out of town who if we played him and gave him some minutes could've re-signed for the minimum to play with LeBron James and Chris Bosh? A CB4-Darko front court could've been BEAST but no D'Antoni chose to play David Lee as our starting C instead.

No matter how you slice it we invariably had the single most deranged roster in the 2010 NBA and D'ant didn't have shit to do with it, really.

A normal team can get ravaged by injuries and it'd still be superior to us -- e.g. bucks, rockets...and lets plz stop even alluding to the bulls and heat as being approaching equal -- let alone worse-- than our 2010 team.
Really? Last I recall we were neck and neck with some of these teams earlier in the year...such as the Bobcats, for example, who we were competing for that #8 spot before our players wore down. (mostly because of D'Antoni and his short rotation).

Smh. D'ant is becoming way too big of a straw man/scapegoat. He coached like shit in a lotta ways, and did speculative stuff. Ok. Perhaps you cant sculpt a masterpiece, or even something that doesn't reek of shit, when using damp shit as material? And its inconsequential regardless of what you do. This has been the state of the 2010 Knicks.

As further evidenced by these "perfected" anti-d'ant lineups that are still utterly rank.
And? Utterly rank is better than OMGWTFAWFUL which is what we had. Playing Darko over Lee maybe could've won us 3 or 4 games, and playing someone else instead of Duhon maybe could've won us 3 or 4 games, that's six games better than the crap we had...

And in the more consequential ways our season ended with auspicious signs and key-player growth.

Douglas, Lee, Gallo, Walker are primed for big 2011's now. I.e pretty much every Knick who matters to our ongoing future.

That's fine, I guess, but where the hell is D'Antoni's offensive genius that led him to win 60 games with the Suns? After an off-season of getting to work with all of his players...where's the improvement? Where are the plays that Steve Nash used to get them by the Lakers? Where the hell is all the explosiveness? The Knicks look sluggish, and though much of it is the players' fault, the lack of improvement can be attributed to the coaching. We had basically the same roster as we did last year, and how the hell are we WORSE? If anything we should've IMPROVED since D'Antoni could've gotten an off-season to work with Duhon.

I defy you to say that this team is all that much better than Isiah Thomas's. Thomas wasn't the greatest coach but I defy you to say that D'Antoni has demonstrated himself to be much better at this point.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

BULLSHITT!

Rose+Noah>>>Douglas+Milicic
Jennings+Bogut>>>>Douglas+Milicic

I don't even see how any of those two are close.

And the Bobcats have a better team than us.

G.Wallace>>>>Gallo
Felton>>Douglas
Captain Jack>>>Chandler

I mean other than Lee, they are a better team than us.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I hate Rajon John Doe so much. ****ing bitch. I hate this whole Cavs Celdicks series. I hate both teams with a passion.

How about Nash's right eye? What a warrior.

iSaYughh

Starter
And you really believe we should've played Chris Duhon for 40 minutes? Do you really think that was the better option? Are you high?

It doesn't matter - we should've played Chandler because even not as an SG he's way better than anybody else we could've played. We could've played Larry Hughes, too, but again Coach had his stupid DNP-CDs going on.

And you think our team is somehow better when we put in a black hole on offense JARED JEFFRIES and a black hole on defense DAVID LEE at the 4 and the 5? You've got to be joking me. At least if we put Lee at the 4 and Darko at the 5 we get good defense out of it, if we put Jeffries at the 4 and Lee at the 5 we get slaughtered on defense for the same amount of offensive production.

And? We could've improved that backcourt defensively by putting Douglas and Hughes in instead of Duhon, but no we somehow thought putting Duhon in was better. Duhon is an OK backup when used for 20 minutes.

He's not a lame backup, he BLOCKS SHOTS and HUSTLES and PLAYS DEFENSE. Darko would've done MUCH better for us at Center than David Lee.

Look at this off-season - Donnie is trying to address our need for a shotblocker. Hey Donnie, why don't you ask D'Antoni why he ran Darko out of town who if we played him and gave him some minutes could've re-signed for the minimum to play with LeBron James and Chris Bosh? A CB4-Darko front court could've been BEAST but no D'Antoni chose to play David Lee as our starting C instead.

Really? Last I recall we were neck and neck with some of these teams earlier in the year...such as the Bobcats, for example, who we were competing for that #8 spot before our players wore down. (mostly because of D'Antoni and his short rotation).

And? Utterly rank is better than OMGWTFAWFUL which is what we had. Playing Darko over Lee maybe could've won us 3 or 4 games, and playing someone else instead of Duhon maybe could've won us 3 or 4 games, that's six games better than the crap we had...

That's fine, I guess, but where the hell is D'Antoni's offensive genius that led him to win 60 games with the Suns? After an off-season of getting to work with all of his players...where's the improvement? Where are the plays that Steve Nash used to get them by the Lakers? Where the hell is all the explosiveness? The Knicks look sluggish, and though much of it is the players' fault, the lack of improvement can be attributed to the coaching. We had basically the same roster as we did last year, and how the hell are we WORSE? If anything we should've IMPROVED since D'Antoni could've gotten an off-season to work with Duhon.

I defy you to say that this team is all that much better than Isiah Thomas's. Thomas wasn't the greatest coach but I defy you to say that D'Antoni has demonstrated himself to be much better at this point.

I actually don't disagree with many your contentions individually. Especially the last, which is that this team and d'ant hasn't demonstrated itself to be superior to isiah's. That doesnt necessarily mean D'ant isnt superior, though, in his ability to lead us going forward. He just didn't demonstrably show it with proof in the pudding results this year. Yet:

He fielded a much worse squad, and above all else was obligated to coach a season where winning wasn't a first and foremost priority. Isiah was in maniacal win-now max-wins mode.

I don't see how many -- if any -- coach could thrive like that, re: where winning isn't close to being a priority.

And compared to how Larry brown coached our team D'ant owns his soul. Is Larry Brown a putz coach like d'ant, but x10, with no ability to serve us? Man, we need to give more credence to JUST how butchered this team was made under the tag team of Dolan and Isiah's managing. And how it became even worse under d'ant as Walsh gutted it further.

The arguments of how better we coulda been are much more applicable and relevant to our history of when isiah and brown were coaching IMO.

Still, i agree:

N8 to man pt most of the season as Duhon bastardized the position and our team by getting those starting minutes.

I also wanted Darko to get more minutes.

Simply out of trying something else since d'ants rotations clearly weren't working, re: winning games.

We still weren't going anywhere tho! Teams like the Bulls were going to beat us out regardless. If our records were ever similar it was short term variance.

Player by player I defy you to seriously tell me we had a superior team to ANY in the playoffs regardless of who we plugged in and how fresh our players were bc of a longer rotation.

Yes. We very well could have been better nonetheless. If that is the premise then d'ant FAILED 100%. But that premise is incomplete as it doesn't encapsulate the essence of the season and our future as mandated by Walsh. I still wish d'ant did things differently, even if we just win a few more games; I'm just not giving up on him for it because i don't see how he did any serious damage to our ongoing future...and whether it is or isn't bc of d'ant, the players who do matter look damn promising...not like Douglas, Lee, Gallo, Walker -- and even chandler, who I dislike-- were stymied by hi coaching. Far from it.

It wouldn't have been of much consequence so why give up on a coach w a big time pedigree (from both euro where I believe he won major accolades for defense, to his work in the NBA). He made some lame moves -- or non moves -- in a season where winning games wasn't even close to being prioritized -- a philosophy that comes straight from upper management.