PORZ named EC Rookie of Month for Dec (to follow up his NOV award)

mafra

Legend
(thekicksblog.com)

Kristaps Porzingis was named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for December, the NBA announced on Monday.

Porzingis earned the honor in November, as well.

From the NBA:

This is the second consecutive Kia NBA Rookie of the Month award for Porzingis, who ranked second among East rookies in scoring (12.6 ppg) and rebounding (6.4 rpg) and first among all rookies in blocked shots (2.20 bpg). Porzingis posted four point-rebound double-doubles and blocked three or more shots in six games. He also shot 36.6 percent (15-of-41) from three-point range for the month. During a 91-84 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Dec. 23, Porzingis made 4-of-5 from three-point range en route to 23 points and added 13 rebounds and four assists.
The league highlighted three games from the Knicks rookie:

Dec. 2 vs. Philadelphia: Posted 17 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks in a 99-87 win over the 76ers.
Dec. 4 vs. Brooklyn: Scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 108-91 victory against the Nets.
Dec. 16 vs. Minnesota: Collected 11 points, six rebounds, three assists and seven blocks during a 107-102 win over the Timberwolves.
Keith Schlosser, SNY.TV Twitter | Archive

In November, Porzingis took the NBA by storm as he soared and put up very consistent numbers.

Attempting to follow up on such demonstrated prowess, December didn't always go as planned for the rookie. He hit somewhat of a wall, falling out of offensive rhythm for multiple games at a time. His otherwise surprising confidence seemed to waver, albeit it just a bit.

But alas, there is plenty of pressure on Porzingis under the bright lights of the Big Apple. As it just so happens, he has only set this high bar for expectation himself with strong play to start off the year. In turn, his (perhaps minor) struggles are more noticeable along the way because the Knicks are depending on his contributions that much more as they try and compete.

Of course, it's important to remember that Porzingis is still just a rookie. Despite his relative ups and downs this past month, he's still atop of the game when it comes to first-year players.

This past month was highlighted by four double-doubles and a 28 point outburst for the 20 year old.

tiger0330

Legend
Mafra I made a thread earlier on this but this is more informative. Mods can merge or delete my thread.

Didn't think he would win it again because his shooting has been inconsistent but they took into consideration his overall play. KAT won the WC honors and is still ahead for ROY I think.

mafra

Legend
Mafra I made a thread earlier on this but this is more informative. Mods can merge or delete my thread.

Didn't think he would win it again because his shooting has been inconsistent but they took into consideration his overall play. KAT won the WC honors and is still ahead for ROY I think.

Sorry Tiger. I didn't notice it. My bad.

mafra

Legend
Schroeder shoves Galloway and comes off pick and pops **** and gets the foul call. Melo drove the ball strong to the hoop 5-7 times that quarter... Maybe got 1 call. So nice to be a guard in the NBA... Bigs rarely get the call on harder contact than what sends Guards to the FT line.