Preseason Game 3 - Philly at NYK

Broadway

All Star
Mudiay looked really good yesterday against Curry. His court vision is way ahead of the curve-game. Has a hitch jumper but can hit the 3. 2 under the radar rookies Rashad Vaugh from the Bucks and Devin Booker from the Suns...these two dudes are solid as can be.

tiger0330

Legend
NY Post had an article today on the possibility of the Knicks cutting Thanasis Antetokounmpo, seems his two year deal wasn't what it sounded like. Only 75K guaranteed, my guess is if they cut him by Oct. 30 they only owe him that. Seems a shame but I'm sure his playing time is based on what he does in practice against the other guys and I guess he hasn't shown much. Need to play him more before you can make that decision to cut him imo.

Broadway

All Star
NY Post had an article today on the possibility of the Knicks cutting Thanasis Antetokounmpo, seems his two year deal wasn't what it sounded like. Only 75K guaranteed, my guess is if they cut him by Oct. 30 they only owe him that. Seems a shame but I'm sure his playing time is based on what he does in practice against the other guys and I guess he hasn't shown much. Need to play him more before you can make that decision to cut him imo.

Dude passed up $550k on a multi yr deal overseas only to make 20% of that with us?

tiger0330

Legend
Dude passed up $550k on a multi yr deal overseas only to make 20% of that with us?
His agent was making such a big deal about he was going to sign in Europe if the Knicks didn't sign him but if I was Ante I would have gone to Europe rather than take that deal. He really wants to stay here in the states, I think his whole family is in the US now.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
this team needs to know what winning feels like. preseason or not these are wins they can add to their confidence going into the regular season.

Broadway

All Star
this team needs to know what winning feels like. preseason or not these are wins they can add to their confidence going into the regular season.

You'd think we've lost every single game in preseason in recent yrs the way some fans are acting all of a sudden. We've won a few preseason games past 3-4yrs or do fans black those games out from their memory because they....wait for it...wait, wait... wait for it...wait, wait....

DON'T ACTUALLY MATTER AND FOR THE MOST PART MEAN ABSOLUTELY JACK SQUAT

In 2013-2013 when the team won 54gms the greatest Knick team ever in some Knick Fan circles, we had a preseason record of 3-3. I bet if we lost the rest of our games in preseason I could just sit back and look at the flip of the posts. There is nothing we can truly derive from these games projecting onto regular season results, nothing.... seriously nothing!

Mudiay looked really good yesterday against Curry. His court vision is way ahead of the curve-game. Has a hitch jumper but can hit the 3. 2 under the radar rookies Rashad Vaugh from the Bucks and Devin Booker from the Suns...these two dudes are solid as can be.

I thought preseason doesn't matter? Another season of Broadway being excited about the future of every team's future in the NBA except our's has begun.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
You'd think we've lost every single game in preseason in recent yrs the way some fans are acting all of a sudden. We've won a few preseason games past 3-4yrs or do fans black those games out from their memory because they....wait for it...wait, wait... wait for it...wait, wait....

In 2013-2013 when the team won 54gms the greatest Knick team ever in some Knick Fan circles, we had a preseason record of 3-3. I bet if we lost the rest of our games in preseason I could just sit back and look at the flip of the posts. There is nothing we can truly derive from these games projecting onto regular season results, nothing.... seriously nothing!

If thats how you choose to look at the pre season thats all on you bruh. This is brand new young team that has an energy that I havent seen in 15 years.

Broadway

All Star
I thought preseason doesn't matter? Another season of Broadway being excited about the future of every team's future in the NBA except our's has begun.

Dude individual play can be assessed but trying to assert how successful a team's season is going to be based on PS play is on some Peter Pan type la la land stuff. I never said because of Mudiay's play in PS.... Denver has a chance to challenge for the playoffs. You'll never hear me say something like that. It's borderline absurd. Notice I mentioned Denver's PS record and said remember it's PS...so no I'm being realistic as I am usually 99.9% of the time.

Dude individual play can be assessed but trying to assert how successful a team's season is going to be based on PS play is on some Peter Pan type la la land stuff. I never said because of Mudiay's play in PS.... Denver has a chance to challenge for the playoffs. You'll never hear me say something like that. It's borderline absurd. Notice I mentioned Denver's PS record and said remember it's PS...so no I'm being realistic as I am usually 99.9% of the time.

I got it. I was more making a joke than anything else. You always seem to see the silver lining with every other team but our own.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why am i not to thrilled about the Knicks preseason games?
The Boston Celtricks preseason roster performance looks like the Atlantic Division champs having David Lee, Johnson, and Isiiah Thomas .. the Brooklyn Nets preseason roster performance looks like the worst team in Atlantic Division.

The Chicago Bulls 22nd pick "Bobby Portis" preseason performance look like the ROY averaging double-double in 24 minutes of PT.
In 5 preseason games Bobby Portis already scored over 60 pts, and over 50 rbds.
The Detroit Pistons 8th pick "Stanley Johnson" preseason performance are still impressing everyone with his phenomenal athleticism having an all-around game, plus being the go to guy scorer.
The Denver Nuggets 7th pick "Mudiay" preseason performance has been terrible b/c the coach gave him the greenlight to gell with teammates. When the regular season start we will see the best rookie PG in Mudiay performance following teammate PG-Jameer Nelson.

Atlanta Hawks dont look like they lost a step in their preseason performance from last season eastern conference top winning team.
The Charlotte Hornets preseason performance look like a .500 eastern conference team to beat, they added New York LinSanity alongside Kemba Walker plus two Bigs in Tyler Hansborough and 9th pick C/PF-Frank Kaminsky

Broadway breathe homie

we won 17 ga

tiger0330

Legend
Why am i not to thrilled about the Knicks preseason games?
The Boston Celtricks preseason roster performance looks like the Atlantic Division champs having David Lee, Johnson, and Isiiah Thomas .. the Brooklyn Nets preseason roster performance looks like the worst team in Atlantic Division.

The Chicago Bulls 22nd pick "Bobby Portis" preseason performance look like the ROY averaging double-double in 24 minutes of PT.
In 5 preseason games Bobby Portis already scored over 60 pts, and over 50 rbds.
The Detroit Pistons 8th pick "Stanley Johnson" preseason performance are still impressing everyone with his phenomenal athleticism having an all-around game, plus being the go to guy scorer.
The Denver Nuggets 7th pick "Mudiay" preseason performance has been terrible b/c the coach gave him the greenlight to gell with teammates. When the regular season start we will see the best rookie PG in Mudiay performance following teammate PG-Jameer Nelson.

Atlanta Hawks dont look like they lost a step in their preseason performance from last season eastern conference top winning team.
The Charlotte Hornets preseason performance look like a .500 eastern conference team to beat, they added New York LinSanity alongside Kemba Walker plus two Bigs in Tyler Hansborough and 9th pick C/PF-Frank Kaminsky
I loved Portis and Johnson since summer league.

Financially we could have brought back Lin which I would have loved to have seen but I'm not sure he wanted to be saddled with the Linsanity thing even if PJ approached him, so he's now playing in your neck of the woods Kiya. Was Michael Jordan serious when he said Lin was the most important pickup in the pre-season for them or was he just kissing a** to get more of that Chinese sponsor money. I bet they have ton of those Chinese company billboards at the Hornets games this year.

For the Knicks part, I'm very excited about DWill, didn't really want him here and it's only 3 games in pre-season but he does everything offensively. Shoot deep, mid-range and takes it to the hole, impressive hops and hang time as well.

dwill1.jpg

dwill2.jpg

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I got it. I was more making a joke than anything else. You always seem to see the silver lining with every other team but our own.

What teams have I silver lined that were operating from a position of weakness. Silver lined to what extent and degree. Start pointing these examples out if you could?

What teams have I silver lined that were operating from a position of weakness. Silver lined to what extent and degree. Start pointing these examples out if you could?

You made anything I say subjective by saying 'operating from a position of weakness'. Starting from the most recent example, I'd say the Nuggets are operating from a position of weakness because they were an underachieving team last year and they play in the West, so saying they are a legit playoff contender in the West seems like a huge dose of optimism, even with Mudiay looking good. Honestly though man, I don't want to go down this hole, it leads nowhere. You do seem to be more excited about most of the NBA than the Knicks, including other poor teams last year, but it is what it is.

Broadway

All Star
You made anything I say subjective by saying 'operating from a position of weakness'. Starting from the most recent example, I'd say the Nuggets are operating from a position of weakness because they were an underachieving team last year and they play in the West, so saying they are a legit playoff contender in the West seems like a huge dose of optimism, even with Mudiay looking good. Honestly though man, I don't want to go down this hole, it leads nowhere. You do seem to be more excited about most of the NBA than the Knicks, including other poor teams last year, but it is what it is.

If you go back and reread what I said about the Nuggets, I never said they are playoff worthy based on PS play. Commenting on Mudiay has more to do about the draft and fans who stated he'd never fit had we drafted him.

tiger0330

Legend
i dont think mudiay would have been successful here.
The jury is still out on Mudiay but I'm more interested in how he develops being forced into being the starting PG from day 1. He seems to have an NBA body and looks to be able to withstand the tough NBA schedule with the minutes he's putting in the pre-season. That's what worries me about Porzingis, not his talent but will he be injury prone in his career.