Barring any significant changes with our current roster:

5.4 PPG
1.5 RPG
2.3 APG
0.1 BPG
0.8 SPG
45% FG
36% 3FG

I hope I am completely wrong and I hope he plays like a champ. I hope this kid becomes a star.

JayJ44

Starter
"Gallo will be our best player next year, by far."******------Really? Talk about optimism. Better than Harrington, Lee (maybe) and Chandler? "Yeah, maybe I'm being a little optimistic. But in this system I think he could do this. Gallo is such a good shooter..." ---- Exactly, he's a good shooter and is yet to prove he's a good ALL AROUND BALL PLAYER". Therefore until I see him get it done at both ends consistantly, when teams go at him and put their best defenders on him I reserve judgement. To me you just said "the knicks are sooo garbage that their first round pick who played in 28 games with reduced minutes/touches and a shavin vertibre/buldging disc is better than anyone they had.... including the vet. who led them in scoring and the league double/doub. leader"....***toke-toke

If you knew anything about Gallo, you would know that his main strength isn't even his shooting. It's his elite slashing ability, and his point forward capabilities. He's not just a spot up shooter.

Harrington is an inefficient scorer. That's it. He's a bad passer, doesn't really play defense. Gallo can score as much as him, but with less shots, and can pass the ball and make plays for others.

Lee and Gallo play different positions, they're not really comparable as players. But I will say that Lee is really one dimensional offensively. He can't even create his own shot.

Chandler is/will be a good player. I'm not taking anything away from him. But I just think Gallo will be a much better offensive player. His combination of shooting, slashing, passing, and ball handling is on another level. While Chandler is a poor ball handler, passer, and shooter.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

5.4 PPG
1.5 RPG
2.3 APG
0.1 BPG
0.8 SPG
45% FG
36% 3FG

I hope I am completely wrong and I hope he plays like a champ. I hope this kid becomes a star.

Damn........... you think he will do worse than his injury plagued rookie seasson.

2008-2009----------------- 2009-2010
6.1PPG ---------------------5.4PPG
2RPG -----------------------1.5RPG
.5APG ----------------------2.3APG
.1BPG ----------------------.1BPG
.5SPG ----------------------.8SPG
.448%FG -------------------.450%FG
.444%3FG ------------------.360%3FG

You either hate this kid or you think he is a bust.

JayJ44

Starter

5.4 PPG
1.5 RPG
2.3 APG
0.1 BPG
0.8 SPG
45% FG
36% 3FG

You do realize he put up better numbers in 28 games with a bad back? You think he'll get worse after his back has healed and had a summer of training? Not to bash your opinion, but I disagree.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I believe I have a bit more expertise, than most posters, in the area of basketball. And, as such, I'd like to say that Gallo needs a lot of work, some of which is impossible to complete.

For example, his coordination seems very poor. He looks out of control and awkward, when handling the ball. How he'll be able to drive the ball is not apparent to me.

There are cases where this can't be helped, though. I've worked with kids, as a coach, who you can work with for weeks, trying to get them to improve their athleticism, footwork, getting them to bend their knees better, to improve their release, to no avail.

Gallo also lacks the speed to efficiently play the 2 or the 3. He'll get his ankles broken on D. He lacks the strength to play the 4 or 5, and this was evident last year, during stretches where D'Antoni pulled him out, as a result of his defensive deficiencies.

If he starts the whole season, Gallo can average about 9 ppg, 40%, 4-5 reb, 1-2 assts, 2-3 to's.

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Did someone leave a vacuum on, I hear a loud sucking sound. No need to be sucking him so much, you can't expect too much. He is just a rookie in a sophomore's body. Lets not expect too much, honestly it'll be

12 ppg
4 rpg
.9 spg
3 apg
.5 bpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your hopeful for Eddy Curry who more or less tried to eat himself out of the league but your down on the 19 year old who had an actual injury and atleast played more then 10 minutes last year? So are you a jaded Bulls fan that followed Crawford and Curry or are you a Knick fan.. I'm all for being optimistic about Curry possibly not being a complete waste of money but all hopes for next year hinge on Gallinari... And for some reason just his demeanor and the small glimpes he showed last year make me believe we got a big time player in last years draft.

I'd say 18pp 4 boards and 3 assists seems about right.

For the last time, not a Bulls fan. Been following the Knicks since 91'. So let me get this straight: your hopes hinge on a 19 year old with back problems(what 19 year old has back problems??) that scored 17 points ONCE last year over a 26 year old that has AVERAGED double-digits in all but two years ( rookie and last season) over an eight year career. Maybe you should GETREALISTIC.

Red

TYPE-A
Now I really want what he's smoking!

You do realize he put up better numbers in 28 games with a bad back? You think he'll get worse after his back has healed and had a summer of training? Not to bash your opinion, but I disagree.

You do realize the odds are higher of getting WORSE than better after coming back from back surgery?

If you knew anything about Gallo, you would know that his main strength isn't even his shooting. It's his elite slashing ability, and his point forward capabilities. He's not just a spot up shooter.

Harrington is an inefficient scorer. That's it. He's a bad passer, doesn't really play defense. Gallo can score as much as him, but with less shots, and can pass the ball and make plays for others.

Lee and Gallo play different positions, they're not really comparable as players. But I will say that Lee is really one dimensional offensively. He can't even create his own shot.

Chandler is/will be a good player. I'm not taking anything away from him. But I just think Gallo will be a much better offensive player. His combination of shooting, slashing, passing, and ball handling is on another level. While Chandler is a poor ball handler, passer, and shooter.

Not arguing but, your opinion has no basis. To say he will "be the best" after what YOU KNOW about Gallo which might include his euro career against inferior comp. (compared to the nba) and limited minutes in 28 games is a STRETCH... sorry. What WE saw this past season imo was a good shooter. Other than that what did you see that was so convincing. I would think to make a statement like yours re: a player who got hurt and played limitedly (back and minutes) he would be somewhat superior in something no?

Strength? No
Speed? No
Athleticism? no
Passing? Avg
Ball Handling? Avg
I.Q.? Avg
Low Post? no
Jumper? Above avg

Sorry to say but unfortunately Harrington is better than him. He's a vet, proven, and avg 20 ppg. Will Gallo avg 20ppg next season? At this point would a team want to trade for Gallo over Harrington or Lee no. Has Gallo proven to be able to sustain through a FULL season let alone start NO! Therefore imo in your infinite basketball wisdom you are reaching.

Let's let the expert speak...

I believe I have a bit more expertise, than most posters, in the area of basketball. And, as such, I'd like to say that Gallo needs a lot of work, some of which is impossible to complete.

For example, his coordination seems very poor. He looks out of control and awkward, when handling the ball. How he'll be able to drive the ball is not apparent to me.

There are cases where this can't be helped, though. I've worked with kids, as a coach, who you can work with for weeks, trying to get them to improve their athleticism, footwork, getting them to bend their knees better, to improve their release, to no avail.

Gallo also lacks the speed to efficiently play the 2 or the 3. He'll get his ankles broken on D. He lacks the strength to play the 4 or 5, and this was evident last year, during stretches where D'Antoni pulled him out, as a result of his defensive deficiencies.

If he starts the whole season, Gallo can average about 9 ppg, 40%, 4-5 reb, 1-2 assts, 2-3 to's.

Couldn't have said it better my self :cool::smokin:

ps.. I just read the "Elite Slashing" part over... smh
Who would you compare his "Elite Slashing Ability" to? Just curious

iSaYughh

Starter
....18ppg
6rpg
6apg
1bpg
1spg
48%
40%3fg....

or anything remotely close to that = :smokin:....more like a *career*-year for Gallo, and a hopeful one at that....the combo of his back and awkwardness, as already mentioned by some, is very troubling....even to assume *perfect* health this year, you are looking at a....dare I say it...project player....playing his first full season....

Considering our state and who we passed up, he needs to put up thoe lofty Hedo-#s, and do it sooner rather than later....but to expect The Cock to blow that kind of glorious bounty on our opponents' faces this coming year...:smokin:

Optimistically, i'd sign the **** onto: 15ppg, 4rpg, 3apg, 1apg, .5bpg....shoot around 40%....in a heartbeat....that + good health would bode great things for the imminent future and be a nice lure.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You do realize the odds are higher of getting WORSE than better after coming back from back surgery?

Not arguing but, your opinion has no basis. To say he will "be the best" after what YOU KNOW about Gallo which might include his euro career against inferior comp. (compared to the nba) and limited minutes in 28 games is a STRETCH... sorry. What WE saw this past season imo was a good shooter. Other than that what did you see that was so convincing. I would think to make a statement like yours re: a player who got hurt and played limitedly (back and minutes) he would be somewhat superior in something no?

Strength? No
Speed? No
Athleticism? no
Passing? Avg
Ball Handling? Avg
I.Q.? Avg
Low Post? no
Jumper? Above avg

Sorry to say but unfortunately Harrington is better than him. He's a vet, proven, and avg 20 ppg. Will Gallo avg 20ppg next season? At this point would a team want to trade for Gallo over Harrington or Lee no. Has Gallo proven to be able to sustain through a FULL season let alone start NO! Therefore imo in your infinite basketball wisdom you are reaching.

Let's let the expert speak...

Couldn't have said it better my self :cool::smokin:

ps.. I just read the "Elite Slashing" part over... smh
Who would you compare his "Elite Slashing Ability" to? Just curious

I have seen one or two shots where he put up a nice little floater. I haven't seen him slash, in the spirit of a Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, T-Park or any of the other elite slashers, who many on here keep comparing him to (because they read someone else's comparison of Gallo to those guys, on an April 2008 draftxpress entry).

I hope he's good, even though I feel no affinity for the Knicks and their ever-changing roster; but my professional opinion is that he's not going to cut it. His offense is too one-dimensional: he hasn't shown a post-up game, the ability to drive or, contrary to whwat many KO posters say, the ability to direct an offense.

On defense, he's a liability. No one who knows basketball can say otherwise: he can't move his feet well and is very stiff, which means he's a liability on the perimeter, he gets bodied by the power forwards and centers we've seen him matchup against, which means he also can't play on the inside.

Making lemonade out of lemons:

You play him at the SF, making sure to keep the SG aware of helping on Gallo's man, if the player in question is at the perimeter. Once that player drives, Knick players have to be ready to help. Otherwise, offenses will successfully exploit the Knicks' defense, every night, by going at Gallo.

On offense, as of now, I see him being at his best as a spot-up shooter, as well as a guy that can help swing the ball around the perimeter, looking for open shooters.

If he tries to drive, he'll screw up and lose the ball, nine times out of ten, something that happened last year. The good thing about that, though, is that he quickly figured out what he was doing wrong and stopped trying to drive the ball through crowds.

I'd like to see him try to post up more, in tandem with putting on some weight.

Posting up in the mid-post is a better way of him driving the ball, as opposed to trying to bring it in, through five defenders, from the top of the key.

More weight would also give him more of an ability to fight for position inside, both on offense and defense.

If he can do this, he might become a solid Power Forward: outside shot, decent rebounding, post moves, in the mold of a very poor man's Nowitzki, which I think is better, in the long term, for both him and the Knicks.

Coastyn

Rookie
LOL, Fairleigh Dickinson... Im no hater,i wanna believe gallo is the savior to the knicks organization... i jus have to see it to believe it... I'd much rather go into this season thinkin that gallo will be average and he ends up playin like a beast than thinkin he's guna be a beast and turns out to be bust....

...hahaha, now im the hater

TunerAddict

Starter
People bringing in all the negativity to this thread like this is the first time we've ever done someting like this and its just because we have a man crush on Danilo or some shit.

We did this exact same shit for Wilson last year. Remember all the Baby Matrix talk?

Its seasonal. Expect big talk about Tony and Jordan next year in this same format as well....Thats unless they totally suck and show no promise. But Danilo and Wilson both showed promise their first years but didn't get their chances.

pat

Starter
On defense, he's a liability. No one who knows basketball can say otherwise: he can't move his feet well and is very stiff, which means he's a liability on the perimeter, he gets bodied by the power forwards and centers we've seen him matchup against, which means he also can't play on the inside.

Have you ever played with a bad back? Having one explains a.) his stiffness and b.) his almost exclusive spot up shooting. If -- and that iffy part makes me a bit nervous -- they managed to sort out his back problems, we will see what he can really do. However, I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on him this year. Effectively the stats projected by some would mean asking him to carry the team in his "rookie" season. (you can't really count last year).

Just look what Nowitzki did in his first season (comparing them doesn't seem to far fetched to me): about eight points, three boards and one assist in 24 minutes. Everything above that would give me the confidence that Gallo is worth the investment.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
LOL, Fairleigh Dickinson... Im no hater,i wanna believe gallo is the savior to the knicks organization... i jus have to see it to believe it... I'd much rather go into this season thinkin that gallo will be average and he ends up playin like a beast than thinkin he's guna be a beast and turns out to be bust....

...hahaha, now im the hater

Whats your name boy?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Unless he starts, I don't see him putting up big numbers. He's not a baller who is going to come off the bench and score in bunches. He is a playmaker who will need to get in the flow of the game to show his true ability.

Danilo's 09-10 stats:

10 ppg
3.5 rebs
4 ast
0.8 steals
0.4 blks

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I honestly expect him to shoot like 45% from 3...

15ppg
4rpg
2apg
1bpg
47% FG
45% 3p FG

now for 1/4 of the season, tuner gets the award for being the closest

gallo's stats

14ppg
4.7 rbg
1.5 apg
.8 bpg
45% FG
45% 3p FG

not bad at all tuner, but lets hope gallo keeps improving and bumps all of those numbers up