re: Curry's comments on being a reserve

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
ok
Seattle SuperSonics=now they a big man down low...Wilcox is a good Center but he barely is in the post...well thats just not his game...i mean Seatle would be better well atleast a lil bit wit someone down low which Durant can give the ball 2

Philadelphia 76ers=They got no one than can go 2 the post...i mean ey Dalembert is a defensive Center but thats it and he gets injured alot as well so im sure 76ers need one

Toronto Raptors=Eh they really dont need one but they dont have 1...im sure they would want someone like Curry down low...

Chicago Bulls=O yea them deff need someone down low...but Eddy being back 2 chicago is really a no chance of that happening
Detriot Pistons=they dont need him cuz hell probably slow them down and there good the way they are but they need someone like curry down low

Washington Wizards=They lost gilbert and all they got down low is Brandon Haywood...HES OK but not really a threat down low...Eddy is even when he is doing bad and Washington is a game above 500 but if they start losing and start gettin desperate then yea they would probably like Curry

Miami Heat=Now Alonzo is probably gonna retire and not gonna come back...and Shaq barely gets any playing time...so maybe they would want some1 like curry

And Maybe Bobcats...
now im not saying they all want a guy like curry but im sure put the right guy with curry in the trade the teams will do it

i know another team that could do with a fat/out-of-shape burger-eating center....burger king! although McDonalds would like a trade for him...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think Curry has a lot more value than you guys think. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) saw how effective he could be around the basket on offense last year. He was scoring 20 points almost every night even when they started double teaming him around mid season.

The only reason his stats are down this year is because he's getting fewer minutes per game, fewer touches, and Randolph is getting some of the rebounds he got last year when the other big man was Frye. The decline in his stats is virtually ALL a function of Zach being on the team.

GMs know he'll never be a great defender or rebounder, but if you put him on a team with a strong defensive intimidating PF and a couple of very solid outside shooters that would prevent the double and triple team, he would score 20+ a night and his liabilities would be limited.

In addition, I'm not entirely convinced that a great coach wouldn't be able to make him better. He's only 24. That's like being 2 years out of college. He's learning zero, zilch, nada in NY. IMHO he also doesn't have enough respect for/fear of the coahing staff. That's party why he's always overweight and slow. If he was coached by a tough coach like Riley, he'd be in better shape.

He is useless on this team because we have NO outside shooters. So teams can double and triple him all they want without any fear of giving up a 3 pointer or other open outside shot. In addition, he doesn't fit with Zach.

So his entire skill set is totally nullified.

Believe me, the rest of league realizes why he's having such a bad year and knows that given the right conditions he would be a big contributor.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think Curry has a lot more value than you guys think. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) saw how effective he could be around the basket on offense last year. He was scoring 20 points almost every night even when they started double teaming him around mid season.

The only reason his stats are down this year is because he's getting fewer minutes per game, fewer touches, and Randolph is getting some of the rebounds he got last year when the other big man was Frye. The decline in his stats is virtually ALL a function of Zach being on the team.

GMs know he'll never be a great defender or rebounder, but if you put him on a team with a strong defensive intimidating PF and a couple of very solid outside shooters that would prevent the double and triple team, he would score 20+ a night and his liabilities would be limited.

In addition, I'm not entirely convinced that a great coach wouldn't be able to make him better. He's only 24. That's like being 2 years out of college. He's learning zero, zilch, nada in NY. IMHO he also doesn't have enough respect for/fear of the coahing staff. That's party why he's always overweight and slow. If he was coached by a tough coach like Riley, he'd be in better shape.

He is useless on this team because we have NO outside shooters. So teams can double and triple him all they want without any fear of giving up a 3 pointer or other open outside shot. In addition, he doesn't fit with Zach.

So his entire skill set is totally nullified.

Believe me, the rest of league realizes why he's having such a bad year and knows that given the right conditions he would be a big contributor.

Tonight's game is demonstrating what I am talking about. The Kings have already had to switch defenses to try to stop Curry in the first quarter. But in order to be effective he actually needs the ball. He hasn't been getting it this year nearly as often. Now if the Knicks could actually hit an outside shot teams wouldn't be able to switch to that 2-3 zone and various double and triple teams designed to stop him.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
u mite be right... but

seattle.. building for the future.. next year will be well under the cap and will have the expiring contract of wally (13m) too..

phila... same situation as seattle.. trade with utah saved them 20m ,as giricek's contract expires this year.. dalembert has 3 years left after this year
they are way under cap for next year.. why add fat-fuk??

miami... shaq gets 20m, adding currry 10m, so 50% of your cap space is gone paying 1 over the hill center, and one that can't get up the hill cause he is too fukin fat..

the other's..maybe u are right.. but the game has been evolving into a more up-tempo game... i think bad news for all the fat-fuk ,burger eating centers... and we have 2 of em...

peace
>_< damit man do u have 2 pwnt me like that...i dirint even look up nuttin i just got it off my head lolz

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ok
Seattle SuperSonics=now they a big man down low...Wilcox is a good Center but he barely is in the post...well thats just not his game...i mean Seatle would be better well atleast a lil bit wit someone down low which Durant can give the ball 2

Philadelphia 76ers=They got no one than can go 2 the post...i mean ey Dalembert is a defensive Center but thats it and he gets injured alot as well so im sure 76ers need one

Toronto Raptors=Eh they really dont need one but they dont have 1...im sure they would want someone like Curry down low...

Chicago Bulls=O yea them deff need someone down low...but Eddy being back 2 chicago is really a no chance of that happening
Detriot Pistons=they dont need him cuz hell probably slow them down and there good the way they are but they need someone like curry down low

Washington Wizards=They lost gilbert and all they got down low is Brandon Haywood...HES OK but not really a threat down low...Eddy is even when he is doing bad and Washington is a game above 500 but if they start losing and start gettin desperate then yea they would probably like Curry

Miami Heat=Now Alonzo is probably gonna retire and not gonna come back...and Shaq barely gets any playing time...so maybe they would want some1 like curry

And Maybe Bobcats...
now im not saying they all want a guy like curry but im sure put the right guy with curry in the trade the teams will do it

If I was the Wizards I would keep the defensive combo of Haywood and Etan Thomas but maybe they are lookin to move one of those guys to get a center who can score.

I wonder how Seattle would feel about adding Curry to there team to play along Kevin Durrant. I wouldnt do it if I was them but I keep sayin this and Ill say it again, Delonte West and Kurt Thomas for Eddy Curry. I would love to see this deal go down and I saw a good one from Metro to, I think it was Curry and Z-Bo for Wally Szerbiak and sum1 else, cant remember who.

Although the Bulls need low post offense they wouldnt take curry back because of all the problems there were when the Knicks and Bulls made the trade.

Toronto wants no part of Curry, a Curry for Dalembert trade with Philly would be nice.

If Miami was to take Curry they would probably want to trade shaq to us and in my opinion Shaq has one of the worst contracts in the league.

The Bobcats are a question mark to me, I think MJ is not nearly as good of a GM as he was a player. After drafting Kwame Brown first and most recently drafting Adam Morrison who is overrated. I dont think Isiah and Jordan are good friends, I know that when the Bulls finally beat the Pistons Isiah walked off the court without shaken anyones hand. This was over 15 years ago but I dont know if M-gay still holds this against I-Gay-ah. Its still safe to assume that they wouldnt listen to Isiah because of how its often stated that I think between 70% and 80% of the leagues coaches and gms dont like Isiah.

paris401

Starter
If I was the Wizards I would keep the defensive combo of Haywood and Etan Thomas but maybe they are lookin to move one of those guys to get a center who can score.

I wonder how Seattle would feel about adding Curry to there team to play along Kevin Durrant. I wouldnt do it if I was them but I keep sayin this and Ill say it again, Delonte West and Kurt Thomas for Eddy Curry. I would love to see this deal go down and I saw a good one from Metro to, I think it was Curry and Z-Bo for Wally Szerbiak and sum1 else, cant remember who.

Although the Bulls need low post offense they wouldnt take curry back because of all the problems there were when the Knicks and Bulls made the trade.

Toronto wants no part of Curry, a Curry for Dalembert trade with Philly would be nice.

If Miami was to take Curry they would probably want to trade shaq to us and in my opinion Shaq has one of the worst contracts in the league.

The Bobcats are a question mark to me, I think MJ is not nearly as good of a GM as he was a player. After drafting Kwame Brown first and most recently drafting Adam Morrison who is overrated. I dont think Isiah and Jordan are good friends, I know that when the Bulls finally beat the Pistons Isiah walked off the court without shaken anyones hand. This was over 15 years ago but I dont know if M-gay still holds this against I-Gay-ah. Its still safe to assume that they wouldnt listen to Isiah because of how its often stated that I think between 70% and 80% of the leagues coaches and gms dont like Isiah.

i'll never say 'never'... maybe there is a team that wants curry... but whatever team takes him needs to be running a slow/plotting /half court
game...

altho an uptempo/fast-breaking team like the suns (for instance), mite make use of curry... while they are fastbreaking to the other end, he can ready himself on the defensive end... and time permitting, gobble down a burger or two..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol yea they might wanna do the opposite and leave Curry on offense. They might be better off tryin to play defense 4 on 5 without Curry, he just gets in the way. But with him waitin on offense right by the hoop Nash can just throw full court passes to Curry for open baskets making their fast tempo style of play even faster. And plus like you siad while the Suns are playin D Curry can swallow down a burger or 2 to keep himself occupied while waitin for the ball.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think the San Antonio game further proved my point about Curry.

He's playing as well this year as he was last year. His stats are down because his minutes are down, his touches are down, and the Knicks outside shooting may actually be even worse this year. That's largely a function of Zach being on the team. The last 2 nights Zach was suspended and got very few minutes and all of Curry's numbers went way up.

Zach even impacts Curry's rebound numbers.

There are a limited number of rebound opportunities per game.

You can only get one when someone misses a shot. There are occasions when an opponent misses and both Zach and Curry are in a position to get the board, but Zach is more aggressive about it and gets it. That's one rebound for Zach and one less for Curry vs. last year. Take Zach out of the lineup, and Curry's numbers this year (points and rebounds) would be as good or better than last year and a lot of this "hating" would vanish.

IMO, every smart GM and fan out there realizes that.

Now we could argue all day about his flaws and conditioning, but if you can live with a 24 year old center that averages 20 and 7, that draws double and triple teams, that "might" yet improve further, then we already have him. What we need to do is mitigate his flaws and take advantage of his strengths. That means getting a PF that rebounds well, can block some shots, intimidate a little, and help out when Curry gets beat. We also need a SG and/or SF that can light it up from the outside on a consistent basis so it will not longer be so easy to double and triple Curry down low and prevent him from scoring and causing more turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Curry should still do better when Zach is on the court, he lets that get to him too much and effect his play. He doesnt look to be aggressive at all and you forgot that hes on the court.

metrocard

Legend
Its one damn game, start talking when Curry does this 3-5 games in a row. He's still a huge GAP on this team. The reason why his minutes are down are SIMPLE.

Even a dumbass like Isiah realizes when you put Curry on the court your team is vulnerable to getting an ass kicking. He slows down the offense and kills ball movement. He plays with no passion 98% of the time so our teammates lose confidence in him. He doesn't pass the ball ever so our teammates even lose more confidence in him. He's the worst player you can have on a team if you want to win. If you want to see Curry score a lot in the paint, but lose majority of the games; then you have Isiah vision. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, Curry doesn't.

knicklover, I think its going to take another 3 years of losing trying to rebuild around Curry for you to realize he's a player with too many flaws to build around. Thats really sad too, Isiah wasted enough time here. I want him the fuck out and enough of the bullshit. I don't know how you can be a fan of this team and not be frustrated with this shit. You let everything slide because we finally played one good game out of the whole season? Thats all it takes? Damn homie.

Zach is better than Curry, this argument isn't even debatable. I just don't want both guys on my team, they're both a PROBLEM.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Curry should still do better when Zach is on the court, he lets that get to him too much and effect his play. He doesnt look to be aggressive at all and you forgot that hes on the court.
yea...i think like when Zach gets the ball we know he aint passin it...and like when he gets it curry just goes 2 sleep knowing Zach aint gonna pass and try 2 score...and since Zach does score most of the time then hell just slack off
Its one damn game, start talking when Curry does this 3-5 games in a row. He's still a huge GAP on this team. The reason why his minutes are down are SIMPLE.

Even a dumbass like Isiah realizes when you put Curry on the court your team is vulnerable to getting an ass kicking. He slows down the offense and kills ball movement. He plays with no passion 98% of the time so our teammates lose confidence in him. He doesn't pass the ball ever so our teammates even lose more confidence in him. He's the worst player you can have on a team if you want to win. If you want to see Curry score a lot in the paint, but lose majority of the games; then you have Isiah vision. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, Curry doesn't.

knicklover, I think its going to take another 3 years of losing trying to rebuild around Curry for you to realize he's a player with too many flaws to build around. Thats really sad too, Isiah wasted enough time here. I want him the fuck out and enough of the bullshit. I don't know how you can be a fan of this team and not be frustrated with this shit. You let everything slide because we finally played one good game out of the whole season? Thats all it takes? Damn homie.

Zach is better than Curry, this argument isn't even debatable. I just don't want both guys on my team, they're both a PROBLEM.
naw i dont even wanna build a team around Curry and his my favorite player...man i do wanna keep him in NY and shyt and i do want him over Zach cuz well Zach idk looks like the players dont like him...but still if Curry dosent start playing good i would not mind a trade...but at this point its been long enough so its all up 2 Isiah

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wonder what the rest of the team does think of Zach, they say him and Eddy get along but I wonder if Eddy secretly hates Zach and if other players also hate Z-Bo.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i think so man...like idk Zach just cares about stats and shyt...im sure all the players in portland thew a party after Zach left