Round 1: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 pm 4/30/2024 [Game #5]

Kiyaman

Legend
Sup Kiya, you mean the other way around, no?

Meanwhile the Sixers with 5 straight pts to start the 4th and they go up 74-70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both HC are the same .. No Offense Strategy in their coaching !!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!!
Maxey sends it to OT with deeeep three!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Brunson with 5 straight points in the start of the OT

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch, Embiid makes it 105-102 and goes to the foul line
1:40 left

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What a horrible foul by Embiid on Brunson

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the series continues
Too bad, it was an awesome game until down the stretch

mafra

Legend
Mitch Robinson with arguably the worst foul in franchise history. Knicks up 6 with 26 seconds and Maxey behind 3-point line, for some inexplicable reason Mitch charges out and fouls Maxey for a 4 point play. Let PHi shoot a 3, lead is cut to 3… make 1 FT and game is over. Nope. Mitch has to foul. Now it’s a 2 point game.

Look, final minute Knicks had 3 awful turnovers. 1 of them with 4:30 left up 6, after a steal, where they throw a full court pass and out of bounds. Hold ball. No rush.

But, Brunson and Hart missed FTs.

DDV 1-7 from downtown with 9 points. Another crappy performance from him. Team needs more.

And, final assinine decision that cost team… up 3 with 15 seconds left… FOUL! It almost got them in Game 2… Embiid hit rim on a good luck. They sat and watched Maxey dribble up and drain a 3. It’s such a stupid philosophy bc math is math. Do you know what you can’t do when you shoot 2 FTs… score 3 points. Foul… make your FTs and game is over.

So awful job Mitch and Thibbs and Brunson was pretty ball huh brutal from 8 seconds left in the game thru OT. He hit a shit and 2 3s but he missed bad shots and turned ball over at worst time.

Knicks probably win Game 7… but doesn’t matter now. They are down to 7 guys. If they wanted to win next round they needed to finish series tonight. Now they’ll have to play 2 more physical games… and even if they win series, they’ll be gassed for the run and gun high flying high energy Pacers.

Up 6 with 30 seconds and they lost. Brutal. Worse loss since game 6 in Indy a decade ago.

A shame too bc OG with breakaway dunks and McBride with a huge bucket late…

We needed Brunson to make FTs or sink game winner (like Murray), we needed team to play smarter…

I’m sick

Kiyaman

Legend
No ball movement but plenty turnovers by both teams in 4th Qtr. and overtime.
HC Nurse give the ball to Iso-Maxey 46 pts on 17-30 FG
HC Thibs .. give the ball to Iso-Brunson 40 pts on 15-32 FG
76ers .. 7 man rotation, 3 players receive 48+ min playing time.
Knicks .. 7 man rotation, 3 players receive 50 min playing time.
Knicks lead series 3-2

Kiyaman

Legend
Mitch Robinson and (Forward) Precious Achuwa in the same lineup off the bench for 20 minutes a game equal a Knicks 4-0 series vs 76ers !!!

mafra

Legend
Thibbs implied that Knicks “could’ve” fouled Maxey at end. But Hart missed FT and as NYK did what they did the final 5 minutes… they played like a chicken without a head they wanted it… they weren’t flying around… total desire… lots of energy… unfortunately they played with zero intelligence.

Up 6 they foul Maxey shooting a 3. Up 3 they don’t foul Maxey. Still, make your darn FTs. 16-24 is why they lost.

mafra

Legend
Video circulating shows Thibbs clearly calling for McBride to foul Maxey… Deuce doesn’t. Maxsy heard tho which is why he launched from the logo. Had to wrap him up immediately in the back court brutal

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We are playing an amazing team, in reality the sixers should be the second seed. but we matched and played better most of the time.... but as mafra said, in the last minutes, it was pure hussle but no brains at all..... they could've secured it in many ways but they did so many stupid mistakes.... turnovers, missed foul shots, stupid defense not doing the obvious by fouling Maxi.... how in hell Maxi is running that loose in the final shot? two lucky shots? true, but it is the playoffs, you have to defend even the most crazy shots.....