Rudy....again

that mixtape was sick, he is unbelievable...i knew about him but i had no idea how agile and athletic he was. this would be a steal if the knicks can trade for him i could care less if its for chandler, rudy would be a better asset to this team none the less

mafra

Legend
QUESTION: Are we allowed to trade our 1st rounder in the 2011 draft? Or b/c we dealt our 2012, and didn't have our 2010... do we have to keep it?

If POR wants a 1st round pick, getting ours for Rudy is pretty sexy to them. MOST "experts" feel we are a 30-35 win team, so POR would feel they're getting a top-15 pick. If they're looking for a 1st rounder, it wont get better than that for Rudy (and if they're planning on basically dumping him)....

ANYWAY. I'M ON RECORD SAYING I WOULD NOT TRADE WILSON CHANDLER for Rudy Fernandez. Two reasons:

1- I don't want another Trevor Ariza - Matt Barnes situation. Giving up way too soon on a versatile player. Chandler can do it all. We've stuck with him and let him mature, and now that he should be ripe.... Let's see what he can do. Now that we brought in players, a true PG, and are dedicated to winning, let's see if this new environment fosters consistency in WC's game.

2- WC is a chip we need if we have any shot to swing a deal for something (Anthony, Parker or Paul). Don't trade this asset away for a player POR wants to dump.

Ths has nothing to do with Rudy, it's just that Wilson fills more holes on this team right now. Besides, POR has Batum. Doubt they want Wilson anyway.

It appears we need a SG, but this could change. Azubuike is a perfect fit here. 6"5' and athletic. Can run and score, and he plays defense. If he's healthy, then we have a nice SG this year. We all have high hopes for Walker. FORGET the Summer League performance. Like judging a pitcher in ST. I'll give him a pass there. BUT, this also means the slate is swiped clean. We have to ignore his success last year in his limited role. BUT, we have to assume if he's healthy finally, than that extraordinary talent wins out.... He was highly-touted once for a reason. And finally there's Rautins who can shoot. And even Douglas who can play SG on occasion.

WITH THIS SAID. I STILL COVET RUDY. He would fit in perfectly. We could be flexible. Start him at SG. Run a small lineup at times, go with 4 shooters around STAT. Would give us insurance and depth at SG; and most importantly give us another young, cheap asset.

If we can get Rudy at a low price.... After all, he's either playing in SPAIN or being traded. Not like POR is bringing him back.

Give up a 1st rounder and get Rudy! Although I think they might ask for Fields.

Toons

is the Bo$$
the bulls are offering james johnson and a first rounder.....would you take that for wilson chandler? no right? ok then

Toons

is the Bo$$
i say we offer tony douglas for rudy straight up. we have felton, and high hopes for an allstar pg. i dont see tony touch in our offense in the future.

mafra

Legend
Hahn says its not Chandler for Rudy
?There have been rumors that the Knicks had offered Wilson Chandler straight up for Fernandez, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks have not included Chandler in the discussions. The source said the Blazers are interested in getting a first round pick for Fernandez, who was a first round pick (24th overall) of the Suns in 2007. The Suns then shipped him to Portland for cash (and we wonder why Mike D?Antoni wanted out of Phoenix).?

Again. If we can trade next year's 1st round pick.... We'll get Rudy easily. Too abd we meade that Jeffries deal right We would be set to get Rudy easily now.

I'm not sure if we can trade our 2011 1st. If so, done deal. POR fight see that pick as a top-15 and jump at it.

portega1968

El Cacique
ya sleeping on bill walker....im not ready to let him go..he stilll growing

Bill Walker's not gonna get it done at the 2. I would happily grab Rudy if we can trade him straight up for Walker, even throw in a pick or even do it for Chandler if Portland doesn't bite on Walker.

Rudy is a better fit at the 2 with the team we now have, plain and simple.

Redefining the SSOL, coming soon to MSG, the Furious Five:

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
Randolph
STAT

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we had Rudy and Gallo on our team we'd be the best three point shooting team ever in the history of basketball...

Rudy is a beast from behind the arc as is Gallo, I shudder to think what that'd mean for the opposition. Talk about spacing the floor - now when Amar'e/Randolph need to kick the ball out to someone they can kick it to two of the league's best shooters...man, Rudy would be amazing.

But we shouldn't dump Wilson Chandler for him just yet. As good as Rudy is, he's still not yet proven himself to be a good full-time player, whereas Chandler has proven himself to be a quality NBA starter who's improved year to year. That and Chandler is two years younger than Rudy Fernandez.

I say we don't trade Chandler just yet. If there's some way we can spin Andy Rautins in a trade for him, then we do it...but Chandler has proven himself to be a decent defender and a quality scorer so far.

Rudy is good and has potential but we don't trade a proven starter like Wilson Chandler for him

metrocard

Legend
Chandler can do it all?

LMAO

Can he handle the ball?
Can he be aggressive?
Can he dominate?
Can he shoot from 3pt?
Can he be unpredictable offensively?
Can he be consistent?

Dude, **** Chandler, Ariza is better than him. Chandler is a broke version of Rudy Gay and we don't need him;we have Gallo. Chandler can be like Rudy Gay, YES; but he doesnt have the heart or the cojones to reach that level and never will. Mark my words.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Maybe.

It's hard for me to say on Fernandez because I think he COULD be better than Chandler for us...he's a ball hawk, athletic, and a great shooter - might not be as good a defender as Chandler, though.

It's tough to say simply because Fernandez doesn't get consistent minutes (I know it's not his fault, he has to play behind Brandon Roy), but Chandler is already a starting-caliber SF in the NBA and if we're going to give him up...especially since Chandler could be a centerpiece in a trade for a player like TP or CP3

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn reports that according to a source who has knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are not offering Wilson Chandler for Rudy Fernandez, whom the Blazers have made available.

The Knicks have high interest in Fernandez and could absorb his contract with their remaining cap room, but the Blazers are looking for a draft pick in return.

The next first-round pick the Knicks can trade away is their 2014 pick since the team's 2012 pick is committed to the Rockets if it is not one of the top five selections

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...s_not_offering_wilson_for_rudy/#ixzz0v0YGIZvN

Paul1355

All Star
i say we offer tony douglas for rudy straight up. we have felton, and high hopes for an allstar pg. i dont see tony touch in our offense in the future.
then who will be the backup PG?

Andy Rautins? Please....we need Toney Douglas for his defense and because if we traded him we'd be short at PG.

We only have 2 PG's, 3 if Rautins plays the 1

Alan Hahn reports that according to a source who has knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are not offering Wilson Chandler for Rudy Fernandez, whom the Blazers have made available.

The Knicks have high interest in Fernandez and could absorb his contract with their remaining cap room, but the Blazers are looking for a draft pick in return.

The next first-round pick the Knicks can trade away is their 2014 pick since the team's 2012 pick is committed to the Rockets if it is not one of the top five selections

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...s_not_offering_wilson_for_rudy/#ixzz0v0YGIZvN
That's great news. I'm tired of trading picks tho.. but I guess it's maybe worth it

Portland has been talking about trading Rudy forever so we really shouldn't have to give up that much to get him, maybe a couple of 2nd rounders. If Azzy is healthy I wouldn't be opposed to trading Walker for him because I think Azzy can start for us and Fernandez would be a great back-up for him, even if Azzy isn't 100% to start the season.

Honestly though, I'm intrigued to see what this team can do. Fernandez isn't the answer for us as a starting SG so I don't see the point in trying to acquire him. We've got Walker/Azzy/Chandler rotating at the 2 spot for us and if Chandler is productive in his time it will only make it easier to trade him later. Adding another body in the rotation will just crown things for the time being. We need to give all os these guys time to see what they've got before making any other moves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Portland has been talking about trading Rudy forever so we really shouldn't have to give up that much to get him, maybe a couple of 2nd rounders. If Azzy is healthy I wouldn't be opposed to trading Walker for him because I think Azzy can start for us and Fernandez would be a great back-up for him, even if Azzy isn't 100% to start the season.

Honestly though, I'm intrigued to see what this team can do. Fernandez isn't the answer for us as a starting SG so I don't see the point in trying to acquire him. We've got Walker/Azzy/Chandler rotating at the 2 spot for us and if Chandler is productive in his time it will only make it easier to trade him later. Adding another body in the rotation will just crown things for the time being. We need to give all os these guys time to see what they've got before making any other moves.

If we acquire Rudy without giving up Chandler, Rudy would be our starting SG. No question, he would immediately be our best SG. Azibuke would come off the bench as a SG and Chandler would come off the bench as a SF.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I understand what you're saying about Rudy, but I think if Azzy is healthy he will start.

Azzy is stronger, more physical and a better defender than Rudy. He's a pretty good shooter too.

Rudy is VERY streaky offensively. His confidence fluctuates too. I could see him being sorta like a Caucasian John Starks for us, w no defense.