Sessions Will Sign Offer Sheet This Week

mafra

Legend
The Knicks were 3-1 vs the Bucks last season.
The only reason why the Bucks did get win 1 over Duhon & Nate was b/c Dantoni gave Larry Hughes over 30 minutes of playingtime in that game...

Wrong actually. NYY was 1-3, and the game we won Hughes had 39 points.

Sessions had a "decent" game... 22 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 turnovers.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Yea we're going to have a nice young team with Gallo , Chandler, Sessions, Hill

While i don't think that line up would make us much of a threat, it'd sure make us more fun to watch and give these guys the experience they need, for the yrs to come... and you never know, mayb they'll will mesh well in this system

I do think we're lying to ourselves if we don't think Harrington is one the best scorers, if not the best, on the team.. so to not use him a good-fair amount would be a waste... i'm all for giving the young guys the expereince, as theyre the future.. but we do need him in there ... though i agree he is seldom hot and throws up a lot of bad shots, so who knows

Gallo, Sessions, Hill, Chandler, Douglas .. those names sounds pretty nice to me

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, if you toss in the bench: Harrington, Curry, Hughes, Hill, Douglas & Jeffries.... I think we have a nice 10-man rotation.

I would suspect a starting lineup like:

Sessions
Hughes
Chandler
Gallo
Lee

Harrington would be the 6th man. Darko & Curry would be used depending on match-ups, game plan and style of play. Curry when we want beef and half court sets, and Darko when we want to move the ball and play pick-n-roll.

Douglas & Hill will get their minutes, here and there, depending on how they're playing. They should bring energy.

Jeffries, if he stays, would also be used for defense and when our bigs are in foul trouble.

We would have SESSIONS to run the show, with Hughes & Gallo as outside, deep-3 threats. Chandler would be the slasher, and Lee would work the pick-n-roll....

In this system this starting lineup would be two things:

1- A very good offensive, explosive team in D'ant's system. Lots of points.
2- Young, with tons of potential.

YES, on paper this lineup doesn't scare most teams. BUT, what cannot be accounted for- how will Wilson and Danilo mature and grow this year? Does Chanlder take the next step, make the leap to a very good player? Does Gallo step in and prove how lethal he might be one day? This is all that matters, really.... right?

Going to be tough to defend though.... that's for sure.

I don't think Gallo can be a PF yet. All the rumors out of the Knicks seem to be that they want Chandler to be the starting SG and Gallo to be the starting SF. We'll see after training camp.

I could see Harrington starting at PF and Lee starting at C again. Possibly...

PG-Sessions
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Harrington
C-Lee.

I agree that Harrington would start. I doubt Darko will start, at least initially. Also, will Gallo start? We haven't even seen him play yet. I bet Hughes starts, if he's still here.

Sessions
Hughes
Lee
Harrington
Chandler

Not very scary. Looking to see growth and improvement from the young guns.

Blumatic

Rotation player
If Sessions signs with us. I'm not concerned about Lebron or anyone else coming here. We got a team to grow with.

I think Gallo is Nice, I mean a great player. I think he will be a star. Wilson will be that # 2 man that every team wants.

I think we need to get Almond here. He's prototypical 2 guard we need.

If Almond and Sessions come on board. I would say we had a good offseason.

CoolClyde

The Waiting Game

:gony:"Knicks president Donnie Walsh continued talks with reps for Bucks point guard Ramon Sessions yesterday, but delayed making a formal offer."

Sign Sessions already! Bucks are shifting bodies around to make it under the cap, so it may be a moot point (guard).

What is Donnie's Delay? How does signing Andre Miller to a 1-year mid-level contract make sense for PLAN 2010, if he's going to leave at end of next year? why give DLEE and N8 1-year qualifying offers and allow them to be UNrestricted free agents next year, and leave for big bucks? That does not compute for PLAN 2010.

The only way to entice LBJ is to sign and work with talented youth and prospects (Dlee, N8, Gallo, Chandler, Sessions, Hill, Douglas, Almond, Darko, Sene) get rid of Curry and Jefferies and we're set for PLAN 2010.
Harrington and Hughes will be gone by then as well.

Blumatic

Rotation player
"Several league sources said Wednesday that they believed the New York Knicks had abandoned their pursuit of Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, leaving the Clippers as the prime candidate for the 23-year-old. The Oklahoma City Thunder has a tangential interest, according to sources, but is not believed to be seriously pursuing Sessions.

With the Knicks still trying to keep as much cap room as possible for 2010, tying up funds in Sessions apparently is not a priority for New York, which is also in the midst of discussions with unrestricted free agent Andre Miller. However, the same limitations apply for Miller, who is looking for more than the one year offered by both New York and Philadelphia."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/22/aldridge.0722/

O.K. 2010 or bust, that's the NY plan for sure.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
"Several league sources said Wednesday that they believed the New York Knicks had abandoned their pursuit of Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, leaving the Clippers as the prime candidate for the 23-year-old. The Oklahoma City Thunder has a tangential interest, according to sources, but is not believed to be seriously pursuing Sessions.

With the Knicks still trying to keep as much cap room as possible for 2010, tying up funds in Sessions apparently is not a priority for New York, which is also in the midst of discussions with unrestricted free agent Andre Miller. However, the same limitations apply for Miller, who is looking for more than the one year offered by both New York and Philadelphia."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/22/aldridge.0722/

O.K. 2010 or bust, that's the NY plan for sure.

I think that is too much money and years tied for a 2nd year player. I hope that story is correct and we don't throw away cap space for unproven talent. We drafted Douglas can we please give this kid a chance? Lets be patient and see what TD can do for us which I think is a lot of good things for us, he is so confident at both ends of the floor making him a perfect fit in our system.