should the Knicks trade for STAT now?

quiggle

Starter
is it possible if the Knicks to get STAT but he leaves the team by 2010 if it doesn't work out here? in the end of the day this probably won't get done not based on players or contracts but because the Suns don't want to deal with D'Antoni after burning bridges with him.

Red

TYPE-A
_______√ictory_______;83196 said:
i think if phoenix wants to deal with nyk,
he's gonna want something like,
lee, our first round pick this year, and rose.
no one is touching curry.not even his driver.
i would not do that trade.
we can't get to overzealous about amare,
considering his previous injury.
weren't we in this same predicament with mcdyess?
i don't wanna go down that road again.
i'd offer them Harrington, rose, and our 2011 first pick.
(I'm not sure if offering that 2011 pick is possible though)

they can take that or leave it.
chances are we have a shot at him come 2010.

we need to understand that we've got decent chips that some teams might want.
lee, nate, etc.

i wonder if chicago would take lee,curry, and jeffries for noah and hughes though?

Why would the Bulls take Curry and not PHX? If Amare is a free agent in 2010 doesn't that fit 2 short term goals> making the playoffs this yr and competing and under 2010 cap? Lee is going in both proposed trades isn't Amare > Noah/Hughes? With what we can get now who's a better fit than Amare? Knows the system, proven and an upgrade over Lee period.

Why would the Bulls take Curry and not PHX? If Amare is a free agent in 2010 doesn't that fit 2 short term goals> making the playoffs this yr and competing and under 2010 cap? Lee is going in both proposed trades isn't Amare > Noah/Hughes? With what we can get now who's a better fit than Amare? Knows the system, proven and an upgrade over Lee period.
i heard hughes was unhappy.that's why i mentioned it.why the hell would the suns want curry? what the hell has he done? nothing.we are trading for an unhappy player who said he didn't care if his team won or lost.go offer steve kerr curry for amare you'll get one of these.:teeth:
curry to chicago is a different situation.he's from there.
he had issues with the old coach.there's a new coach there.
maybe a return home will wake him a up.who the hell knows.
I'm just throwing shit out there.
bottom line is, the suns are not trading for curry period.
i would love that, but are they, hell no.

and i said, lee, jeffries, and curry for hughes and noah.we get rid of 2 bad contracts for one that expires in a year.

Red

TYPE-A
from another thread..we really should stick to 1 thread

KNICKS: David Lee, Nate Robinson and Stephon Marbury

? See this trade in the ESPN Trade Machine
Why they'd do it: The Knicks want to lure LeBron to New York and have planned on trying to add two superstars in the summer of 2010. If they can get one now ? why not do it? Adding Stoudemire to the mix would electrify the fan base in New York, and you know Mike D'Antoni knows how to get the best out of Amare. To make this deal work under the cap, the Suns would have to include Barbosa. But no worries, the Knicks need guards, too.

Lee is the type of player Kerr is looking for. He rebounds, plays defense, hustles on every play and is still young. Obviously, the Suns would waive Marbury quickly to end his second stop in Phoenix and be able to drop $10-12 million in payroll next summer.

Why they wouldn't: If the Knicks add Barbosa and Stoudemire, they would have room to pursue LeBron in the summer of 2010 but no one else. Are they really ready to put all their eggs in that one basket?

As for the Suns, if money is the main issue, will they be able to keep Lee and Robinson? Both are restricted free agents this summer, and Lee, especially, likely will command a rich deal ? perhaps too rich for Sarver's wallet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=amaredealscenario-090207

Red

TYPE-A
Knicks: Donnie Walsh being the epitome of patience, he won't part with David Lee at fire-sale prices. There's no rush. But given Lee's increasing value to any team with money to sign him to an extension this summer, Walsh might want to add some minutes to his cellphone plan.

Eddy Curry, who hasn't played all season and might sit out the entire year, will be almost impossible to move. Jared Jeffries is the other player Walsh must trade to keep his 2010 plan on track, but he won't take back anyone whose contract goes beyond next season.

On the backburner: Walsh would like to somehow extract a first-round pick in a trade, because the Knicks' unprotected 2010 pick goes to Utah as a leftover piece from the Stephon Marbury deal -- the mistake that keeps on taking.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11348284

Red

TYPE-A
New York Knicks

Incoming Players

Shaquille O'Neal
Salary: $21,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 17.7 REB: 9.0 AST: 1.7 PER: 21.98

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9 REB: 8.2 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.40

Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, David Lee

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1

Eddy Curry
Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.0 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.0 PER: 30.76

Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.25

David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.0 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.54

Outgoing Players: Shaquille O'Neal, Amare Stoudemire

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Amare
Shaq

Nate
Q Rich
Gallo
Jeffies
Thomas

They would never but hey wtf :smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
New York Knicks

Incoming Players

Shaquille O'Neal

Amare Stoudemire

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Stephon Marbury

Eddy Curry

Malik Rose

David Lee

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Amare
Shaq

Nate
Q Rich
Gallo
Jeffies
Thomas

your last sentence took the words right out of my mouth lol

New York Knicks

Incoming Players

Shaquille O'Neal

Amare Stoudemire

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Stephon Marbury

Eddy Curry

Malik Rose

David Lee

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Amare
Shaq

Nate
Q Rich
Gallo
Jeffies
Thomas

lol yea the last sentence is what i thought the whole time reading the post. the reason theyre trading stat is to run the offense through shaq

richtree

Rotation player
Amare doesn't want to play with Shaq

Shaq equals show half court game

Amare wants uptemo game

Their styles clash

this is why trades are so tuff in the NBA

a 3 team trade is going to be needed for the Knicks

I am excited to see what happens

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
amar'e has got huge potential and skills to be a consistent 20-10 guy. He just has no desire to do it!! people used to be scared of playing this guy but now everyone dunks on him! d-lee served him up a facial when we played them. not sure if he would even want to play for mike agian anyways....

quiggle

Starter
STAT playing defense is like Bobby Abreu trying to make a catch at the wall.

must suck for STAT when you finally get to play with one of your idols in Shaq and it doesn't work out.

Red

TYPE-A
Amare vs Lee

David Lee
New York Knicks
Position: F-C
Height: 6-9 Weight: 240
College: Florida
Player file | Team stats
2008-09 Statistics
PPG 16.2
RPG 11.8
APG 1.9
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.3
FG% 0.566
FT% 0.776
3P% 0.000
MPG 35.2

Amar'e Stoudemire
Phoenix Suns
Position: F-C
Height: 6-10 Weight: 249
High School: Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL)
Player file | Team stats
2008-09 Statistics 2007-08 under D'Antoni
PPG 20.9 25.2:alert:
RPG 8.2 9.1
APG 2.0 1.5
SPG 1.0 0.8
BPG 1.0 2.1:alert:
FG% 0.533 0.59
FT% 0.830 .805
3P% 0.429
MPG 37.0

2007-08:
In his fifth NBA season, averaged 25.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 2.1 bpg, 59% FG, 81% FT in 33.9 mpg in 79 games? Only NBA player in the top 10 in scoring FG% and blocks? Shot the highest FG% and averaged the most blocks in Suns history since Oliver Miller (1993-94)? Made a career-high 36 consecutive free throws? Scored at least 15 points in a franchise-record and career-high 69 consecutive games? Joined Yao Ming and Dwight Howard as the only three players in the NBA to average at least 20 points, nine rebounds and two blocks? Recorded back-to-back 30-point, 10-rebound games four times?Named NBA Western Conference Player of the Week twice? Named to his third career NBA All-Star team? Named to All-NBA Second Team? In 2008 NBA Playoffs, averaged 23.2 ppg, nine boards and 2.4 bpg in 40.8 mpg? Scored 20 or more points in a club-record 17 consecutive playoff games, dating back to May 2005.

TunerAddict

Starter
Amare and David are foils of each other character wise.

David isn't the most athletic or natually talented but works harder than nearly anyone in the league.

Amare is ridiculously athletic and talented but doesn't seem to give a **** when if he applied himself he could be THE dominant player in the NBA. They asked someone, can't remember who, who they thought of this day and age would most likely flirt with the Wil 100 pt game, and they said while guys like Kobe can shoot, they'll never have the high shooting % of a forward and by pure ability, Amare was the best bet. Of course, this was before he had the knee operations.

portega1968

El Cacique
starting today, Jason Richardson's longterm deal can be traded... so if there's any salary dump brewing in Phoenix with Stat it may involve JRICH or Barbosa joining Amare in the exodus cause of their deals.

Detroit seems like the one with the most to offer the Suns between expiring deals, good young players and draft picks, as you can see from yesterday's Arizona Republic:

Parting words. Amare Stoudemire on what he heard from Detroit fans on Sunday night: "The fans definitely didn't let me forget about it (the trade talk). They were cheering all night: 'Stoudemire, you're coming to Detroit. We want you in Detroit. We've got to have you in Detoit. We'll trade Allen and Rasheed for you.' I'm hearing all the rumors and chants. I'm a Phoenix Sun right now. We'll see how it plays out. It kind of reminds me of draft day. You never know what team you're going to go to."

Since even he is convinced that he's on his way out, I thinks we needs a frikin poll:

Who's gonna grab Stoudamire:

A.Detroit
B. Chicago
C. Miami
D. New York
E. Golden State
F. another team
G. he aint going anywhere

Like I said, we should get him... I'd gladly give up Chandler, Nate and/or Lee and even take back the long-term deals on Barbosa and JRich if we can get Stat and rid ourselves or either Curry or Jeffries (and Steph's deal). That would allow us to still go after Lebron or Wade.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Amare and David are foils of each other character wise.

David isn't the most athletic or natually talented but works harder than nearly anyone in the league.

Amare is ridiculously athletic and talented but doesn't seem to give a **** when if he applied himself he could be THE dominant player in the NBA. They asked someone, can't remember who, who they thought of this day and age would most likely flirt with the Wil 100 pt game, and they said while guys like Kobe can shoot, they'll never have the high shooting % of a forward and by pure ability, Amare was the best bet. Of course, this was before he had the knee operations.

when I hear that....i see work ethic as more important over talent....so after seeing that David Lee we should keep and let Amare go somewhere else, unless we can trust Amare to work his ass off like Lee does everyday.

quiggle

Starter
_______√ictory_______;83689 said:
when i think about amare as a knick,i think about mcdyess.

you mean knees wise? yeah STAT could end up being just like H20 and Penny in couple of years.