Should we keep Zach now?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Isiah tried that approach for a few years and that's why we are in this mess now!!!!:barf:

Walsh is on Isiah...he'll make some good trades get us great young talent with tons of upside and after this years draft well be good money for our future

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I admit, I was complaining about Zach this offseason and angry that Donnie didn't trade him before the season started. I was wrong. He has played so well lately though, I'm even starting to wonder if the Knicks should trade him at all.

He is currently averaging 20.8 pts and 12.9 rbs a game. The last two games he scored 27pts/18rebs and 29pts/19rebs. Those are huge numbers. I still don't like his passing, but it has improved. Getting a hustle, shot-blocking center that can run the floor well (ehem...Sean Williams) would compliment Zach's skills nicely.

So, should we trade him or keep him? If Donnie still wants to stay with the 2010 plan, trading Crawford and Jeffries would equal trading Zach's salary. I 'm happy Donnie has been patient about moving Zach. At the very least, we will get much more in return then before.

If we do keep Zach, I'm not sure Lee has a place with the Knicks. Lee is going to want big money and want to be a starter. I'm not confident with the Lee/Zach frontcourt. It is too weak on defense.

I agree 100% that Zach has improved to the point that we may want to keep him. At the very least he has increased his trade value increasing our options.

Call me crazy but if Zach can continue to play like this he can be a 2nd option on a championship team. He will never be the the number one option but certainly rebounds and scores well enough to be the starting 4 on our team. We need to clear salary and get a shotblocking center and hopefully be in a position to sign Lebron or another superstar.