Steph redeems himself:The Starbuary war officially ends today!

MIKE D's response:

?Yeah, it?s great,? he said. ?Wow. For ya?ll, that?s big news. To me, that?s like, well, that?s how everybody should act. Isn?t that how you do it? Don?t you build a team? Does it matter who gets the credit and who doesn?t? This is the New York Knicks. I would think the New York Knicks is bigger than me and anybody else. And it is that way. I?m really proud he did that, but it shouldn?t be newsworthy. To do the right thing should never make the news.?

An extremely telling statement by the coach.

Word if you read between the lines it doesn't look like Steph is going to be here much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if Marbury's agent told him to shut his trap so that if/when he gets bought out more teams will be interested.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Now it has been said by fans of Steph and even recognized by non supporters that Steph has been the leader of this team (when healthy). Even when Curry was leading scorer Steph was considered the leader, Lee is the most popular, but again Steph's proven talent in The League has dubbed him the leader of this team and rightfully so maybe. However what comes with that is people being hung on your every word. If Eli were to speak out against the Giants or was to give full support of a new coach or a troubled teamate, it will be news, the same with Jeter on The Yanks etc. So when Steph makes a comment about not coming off the bench it is a story and likewise when he goes on record for embracing a bench role then it is major story too! That is what comes with being the voice of the team. When a Zach was traded from Portland to NY which player response was most noted? When a coaching change is made who is the first player we have heard from?

No one is "playing up his comments", just giving it the attention that the words of the team's most talented player does get in any other sport.

cosign....i always thought the same. if people claim that he is the best and most talented on the team, he should get the majority of the heat. But from the recent responses from those named "haterbury's" because we dont dickride, we can see that we all support the knicks. and the non-dickriders are more neutral and team oriented than player oriented. lets go marbury....lets go knicks!

GetRealistic

Starter
MIKE D's response:

?Yeah, it?s great,? he said. ?Wow. For ya?ll, that?s big news. To me, that?s like, well, that?s how everybody should act. Isn?t that how you do it? Don?t you build a team? Does it matter who gets the credit and who doesn?t? This is the New York Knicks. I would think the New York Knicks is bigger than me and anybody else. And it is that way. I?m really proud he did that, but it shouldn?t be newsworthy. To do the right thing should never make the news.?

An extremely telling statement by the coach.

The moral of the story is: Instead of being told by your agent and PR staff to say the right thing, he shoulda been a professional and said the right thing from day one.

Starks

Starter
Sounds like Coach D is not going to put up with anyone's crap this year. The free ride is over

Yep!

Word if you read between the lines it doesn't look like Steph is going to be here much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if Marbury's agent told him to shut his trap so that if/when he gets bought out more teams will be interested.

I agree 110%! Steph came out and said this "crap" because someone (his agent/Mike/Donnie) told him he's gone and in no way going to start for a team and try and lead a bunch of guy's that can't stand you, so you better shut your mouth if you ever want to get paid to play ball again. Steph's teamates are just being pro's about the situation by not stirring the "dramma" pot steph likes to start brewing every year instead of telling him the truth and starting more crap. (come on you know Q,Nate,Lee and probably a few other guy's on the team wouldn't mind takeing Steph out to the wood shed) Anyway to all the people buying this Crap there are 2 reasons why steph is still part of this team -

1. No one else would pay this fools ridiculus contract and trade for him

2. Since were going to have to pay him "his money" this year anyway Donnie is going to try and at least use his expireing contract to get something positive for the Knicks (maby a decent player/draft picks/?) by the trade deadline. If Donnie can't do anything with him by the trade deadline he'll be sent home for the rest of the year or bought out witch ever is cheaper.

(Steph might get playing time this year comming off the bench, but it would just be move by Donnie and Mike to try and keep any value he might have around the leage (minimum I'm guessing :p) up)

Does anyone on this sight (Starbury Lover's) really think Steph will ever wear a Knicks Jersey (under contract) again after this season??? Now I think that officially ends the "STARBURY WARS".

clumsy

Rotation player
I don't dickride Marbury. But by watching the games, it isn't like he doesn't have chemistry with players on the court. THey might all wanna knock him out, but he is usually one of the best guards on the knicks.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
When it comes to this Knick Team and the quarterback PG-decision-making between Marbury or Crawford? I prefer Marbury & Nate or Marbury & Collins.
The way training-camp has been going I prefer Marbury & Duhorn as starters over poor passing skills and poor decision-making Jamal Crawford.

The Knicks need two guards in the starting lineup that have no fear at slashing threw the lane for a layup to put teams bigmen in early foul trouble.
Jamal Crawford has a problem with doing that.

Marbury do set himself on a higher pedestal than his teammates in his career..... could be the damn huge 5, 10, or $15 million pay-raise above all his teammates except for KG and Allan Houston.

I touched on this point a few months back. Instead of trading Randolph, why not look to trade Curry/Crawford, then start Marbury at the two with Duhon? This solves two of our issues. 1. Cutting salary, and 2. Have a two guard that makes good passes and shooting decisions. I'd just like to see Marbury work on his jumper and three shot.

With Gallo health, Q Rich and Chandler on the rise, I think we'd be ok with out Crawford. However, this whole Marbury revelation is great but subject to change at any time. Anyone can humble themselves when facing dyer situations. A hobo's got to choice but to be humble. The true test of a man is the way he acts when he's on top of the world and things don't go the way he thinks they should.

richtree

Rotation player
I am one of the biggest Marbury promoters....

But there is a great reason for having Duhon....EVen though I agree Steph is so much better and still the best player on the team......

There is one good result that will happen from Duhon being a KNick

Crawford to the Bench !!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
I am one of the biggest Marbury promoters....

But there is a great reason for having Duhon....EVen though I agree Steph is so much better and still the best player on the team......

There is one good result that will happen from Duhon being a KNick

Crawford to the Bench !!!!!

wrong...Crawford is the main SG. Duhon is the pass first defensive PG...that's his role...nothing more.

If anything Marbury will get minutes at the SG spot when Duhon and Nate are playing PG. If Crawford doesn't start getting 20 ppg, expect Marbury to be in at SG.

GetRealistic

Starter
wrong...Crawford is the main SG. Duhon is the pass first defensive PG...that's his role...nothing more.

If anything Marbury will get minutes at the SG spot when Duhon and Nate are playing PG. If Crawford doesn't start getting 20 ppg, expect Marbury to be in at SG.

And that opinion is based on Crawfords play in 2 preseason games? You people act as if Marbury has played lights out ball in these two games. He's been alright... Nothing more, nothing less.

Crawford barring injury is the shooting guard. He averaged 20ppg last season where we didn't even have an offense. He'll atleast average 20 ppg this season most likely more.

Marbury is the 4th guard on this team deal with it people. Maybe if he extrodinarly well (which he hasn't in two years) he'll earn his minutes till then, i don't want to hear about it i want to see him do it.

clumsy

Rotation player
Getreal,

He was the focal point of the offense....often pulling up and chucking shots. It was not uncommon to look at the box score every couple games and see Crawford 7-23, followed by 12-18, followed by 3-15.

Marbury and Nate have shown good chemistry. Who starts doesn't matter anyways, it is who is getting more minutes....Duhon + Crawford can start every night if they are only get 20/25 mins a a game.

richtree

Rotation player
crawford has no "real" game...

aka the make up of a winner....

he is typical selfish player...and Mikey D's offenese will exploit his weaknesses....

J. Crawford weakness:

1. crawford can not take it to the rack....
2. does not create for others...
3. doen't get to free throw line...
4. doesn't help on boards (2.5 a game despite playing 40 mins)
5. def is suspect (he ends up guarding the pg most of the time)
6. he isn't a hard worker....left college early, and hasn't put one pound of muscle on...besides wearing the dumb thing on his shoulder
7. doesn't compare well to any other successful SG in the league.....

if we have a lead I really don't want him getting as many minutes....

he is a 6th man.....provides some energy and pull him out of the game....

so soft....knicks don't do soft.....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
And that opinion is based on Crawfords play in 2 preseason games? You people act as if Marbury has played lights out ball in these two games. He's been alright... Nothing more, nothing less.

Crawford barring injury is the shooting guard. He averaged 20ppg last season where we didn't even have an offense. He'll atleast average 20 ppg this season most likely more.

Marbury is the best guard on this team.

It took crawford over 17 shots a game to average 20ppg. Were better off going to other sources for our points. At least Marbury attacks the rim and gets to the free throw line.

Every one of your posts has something bad about marbury. I rarely see you speak in a negative way about curry and crawford. And now in this post your defending Crawford. Just more evidence that your hatred towards marbury makes most of your posts unrespectable, hate blinds from the truth.

Marbury has been ok, nothing more nothing less. I agree with that to an extent, maybe a little more...same with duhorn and nate robinson. But its only been 2 games, Duhorn got lucky in that 1 game. He wont ever shoot that good again. Nate has struggled with his shot. Marburys defense has been the best of the 3, and he hasnt looked for his shot that much. Hes done the best job of gettin to the free throw line. The one thing that holds me back from saying "hes done good" is his turnovers, but i expect them to decline. Whoever are starting point guard is will average more turnovers then they have prior to this year, because of the uptempo offense. Any knicks fan who sees things the way they are knows that marbury belongs in the starting lineup. Even clyde frazier knows the deal....you know the deal too, your hatred prevents you from being realistic.