Stephen Curry or Jonny Flynn?

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Jonny Flynn

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
And where did Stephen Curry play college ball? Oh yeah, that's right, In a conference that isn't even on the map of college ball. LeBron James is very high on Flynn, The King went above and beyond to help Johnny. He even called him up and set him up with his agent.

Johnny Flynn's sophomore year is comparable to Chris Paul's at Wake Forest. Both of them are 6'0", Johnny Flynn will be a special player. His floor vision and awerness is something that you can't teach..either you have it or you don't..

I've never heard Flynn being compared to Paul before. I havent seen much of him, but i always thought of him as more of a Nate type. A shoot first point guard.

Toons

is the Bo$$
can someone post flynns stats for his good defense? i havent seen him play, but if his d is that much better than curry's he should be able to rip guys...right? when is flynn a big shotblocking defender?

Steph Curry (only player worth shit on a team in a crappy conference)
2008-09 STATS
PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG
28.6 5.6 .387 4.4 0.2 2.5

Johnny Flynn (leader of an overachieving team in the best conference in the country)
2008-09 STATS
PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG
17.4 6.7 .317 2.7 0.2 1.4

curry averaged more steals against shitty guards... flynn played against the best... flynn averaged more assists but had more help... but curry drew triple teams so people were always open... both can shoot and score both play d both are leaders...

its a toss up really... the x factor in my mind is that flynn has proven he can play a relentless schedule.... the biggest thing when making the jump from college to the pros is the length of scedule... flynn played an insane amount of minutes in a short period of time in the big east tourney and still went on a solid run in the ncaa tourney only getting defeated by the best player in the country blake griffin.. flynn has that heart and drive to make that jump and play an nba season... as for height... both players are going to make it or not regarles of height... if flynn can play he can play... nate can play chris paul can play .... height wont be a deciding factor... curry has to prove he can play with the big boys and more importantly can run the point and not be a focal point of the offense and still succeed ... both have question marks but both can flat out play... in my mind flynn will be a better florr general and point guard while curry will be a better pick if you can surround him with a star to draw attention away from him so he can put his strength shooting into affect

another tid bit... when curry played a good team he kinda broke down... when he played duke.. he got his points 29 and assists 6 and even 2 steals but also had 7 turnovers.... more turnovers than assists that is unacceptable as a pg
against butler he also had 6 assists and 7 TO
south carolina 3 assists 7 TO
curry had more TO's than assists in 6 games last season and only had double digits in assists twice

meanwhile flynn not once had more TO than assists last season
in fact he had 10 or more assists in 5 games

so while curry is said to have impressive passing skills is he really a point guard with numbers like that

metrocard

Legend
when drafting a guard its a lot

Who did he get steals against?...

Stephon Curry will not be a force defensively in the NBA.

in the NBA, is where people will exploit Curry and his inabilities.

This is a bold prediction you can't f*ck with.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Does Curry even drive to the rim? Every time i see him he does nothing but put up js.

I've seen about 15 Cuse games this past season, and Jonny is alwayz driving to the rim and dishing.

I'd Take Jonny...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I would take flynn over curry. curry is too much of a jumpshooter. his lack of athleticism is a big reason he takes so many jumpers. he doesn't create separation when he goes to the hole. on the other hand, flynn breaks down defenses because he drives to the basket with ease.

ANU

Starter
i'd be cool with either.it sucks that we may have to choose though.flynn is a born leader.almost a billups type.curry is an amazing scorer.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Who did he get steals against?...

Stephon Curry will not be a force defensively in the NBA.

in the NBA, is where people will exploit Curry and his inabilities.

This is a bold prediction you can't f*ck with.

who ever said he will be a defensive 'FORCE'?
yeah, he will get exposed....so did lebron for not having a jumper
he's a rookie, everyone gets broken in.

thats like me predicting that thabeet will not be a 3pt assassin

idiot

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
Curry all the way, he going to be GREAT at the pro level. [by the way I'am from Syracuse NY and a big Johnny Flynn fan]

BK

jpz17

Starter
Flynn is not yet NBA-ready. I watched him at the dome for numerous games and he made silly mistakes. Curry is the most NBA-ready player in this draft IMO.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think that it would be a mistake to take either one of them...

Is stephen curry even a true point guard? Im usually not a fan of combo guards, with the exception of ben gordon

Kiyaman

Legend
Who will chose for Walsh in this draft?

Why would Stephon Curry "shut-down" or refuse to work out "after" all the top PGs in this draft class went on a show-case to work-out for the Sacremento Kings (4th pick in draft)????
Rumor has it that Brandon Jennings did his thang on the court beating PG-Flynn's team (where Flynn wanted a rematch).

The obvious is to easy and convincing to write.
one or two of the first 5 drafting teams told him to chill.

There are way to many freshman & solphmore PGs in this draft class which has raised the hype of Ricky Rubio's Olympic performance to that of one of the top-3 picks in this draft....when last year draft class Rubio would've been a top-10.

All the sports writers and Fans mock drafts has Ricky Rubio as a top-3 pick above Stephen Curry high-scoring leadership of Davidson's point.
We will see on draft night if NBA teams feels the same way.

Ricky Rubio may have showed some exciting flares on his countries Olympic team, plus been on a Euro-League Pro team since age 14....but would I put him in the same class as Gary Payton or Jason Kidd whom been coached since age 14 to play with and against college players? HELL-NO! when I was 15 years old I played in tournaments with and against college and ex-pro-players.
Ricky Rubio's talent and hype is b/c he is above alot of the PGs in this draft class....no more to be said.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Let's go Knicks! Stephen Curry or Jonny Flynn, I don't mind! Let's get there. With the 8th pick, the New York Knicks select............................