The 2016 NBA Draft

Well the draft came and went and PJ didn't do anything. He didn't get any help in the draft and with 5 guys under contract, he's got a ton of work to do building a team. So far I've only heard LT and Galloway as players he would like to bring back.

Right now he's got 3 starters in Rose, Melo and KP and Quinn and Holiday. He needs a starting SG and C and anybody breathing to fill out the roster, 30M in cap space sounds like a lot but PJ has to bring in 2 starters and 3 capable backup rotation players with that money. It's not going to be easy for him to do that not in this new environment when players salaries are going up significantly.

People may not like it, but if we can resign Lance Thomas and Galloway, even if we strike out on free agents, our day 1 starting lineup could be Porzingis at center, Melo at PF, Lance Thomas at SF, Galloway at SG, and Rose at PG. That might be acceptable to Hornacek if he wants to go small ball. Whatever money we have left after signing Thomas and Galloway could easily fill out the bench. Not an exciting possibility, but a realistic one.

mafra

Legend
I agree with bringing back LT & DW. Then, sign a big fish (Durant or DeRozan) plus a big... Or swoop in and snag 4 quality players (Parsons, Gordon, Beal).

Lots of work to do... But at least we have hope (if only for 3 weeks).

Kiyaman

Legend
Well the draft came and went and PJ didn't do anything. He didn't get any help in the draft and with 5 guys under contract, he's got a ton of work to do building a team. So far I've only heard LT and Galloway as players he would like to bring back.

Right now he's got 3 starters in Rose, Melo and KP and Quinn and Holiday. He needs a starting SG and C and anybody breathing to fill out the roster, 30M in cap space sounds like a lot but PJ has to bring in 2 starters and 3 capable backup rotation players with that money. It's not going to be easy for him to do that not in this new environment when players salaries are going up significantly.

We didn't make a mark or splash in the 2016 draft class .. however we did crash hours before the draft sending our starter center n future PG to Chicago to make the Bulls a playoff team.
LMAO .. Holiday and Porzingis are not starters in the NBA, maybe the two players could be starters in another league

mafra

Legend
Marshall Plumlee signs with Knicks, the in drafted free agent will play on NY's summer league team.

tiger0330

Legend
You would think Tony Wroten would have been better than any of these undrafted guys PJ has been picking up for summer league. Really surprised the Knicks didn't let him play in summer league.

Kiyaman

Legend
You would think Tony Wroten would have been better than any of these undrafted guys PJ has been picking up for summer league. Really surprised the Knicks didn't let him play in summer league.

I dont understand the signing of injured Wroten in midseason
I dont understand the waiving of injured Wroten at the end of season
I dont understand why there wasnt any tabs on Wroten rehabilitation
I dont know if the Knicks organization provided Wroten with a rehabilitation clinic