The Nutty Professor or Big Chief Triangle

tiger0330

Legend
You would think that Byron getting fired by the Lakers would light a fire under Phil to hire a HC soon. Rambis might want to return to LA for an asst position or even the HC job, other guys the Knicks are interested in like Walton or Shaw I'm sure would be interested in the Laker job.

I also wonder if it's the start of a bigger shakeup in LA and they offer PJ a job, I'm sure Dolan would let Phil out of his contract to let him return to the Lakers.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
its going to be Rambis because jackson wants his legacy to be the triangle and nothing but

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. The chosen system of play is what it is. If we accept that this is not going to change then we need to find the best person to run the system. Unfortunately that aint Mark Jackson or David Blatt. I like them both, Blatt got screwed and proved he's a hell of a coach and should get another opportunity IMO, but that's all besides the point. The system is what it is, now who's the best person to coach it? How do you make this assessment?

There is certainly reasons not to give it to Rambis, namely his tenure for the T-Wolves, but that team sucked ass. We've never seen him on a team with real talent (all due respect to Kevin Love, he was just getting started). So let's say it aint Rambis, then who? Luke Walton? He could be a very good coach but he's got no head coaching experience. Who else? Coaches on the college level? This is where this conversation should be going. We will have a coach experienced with the triple post offense. The question is who is best. Some think we should abandon the triangle and start over. OK but that aint going to happen so again who is best to coach this offense?

Paul1355

All Star
Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. The chosen system of play is what it is. If we accept that this is not going to change then we need to find the best person to run the system. Unfortunately that aint Mark Jackson or David Blatt. I like them both, Blatt got screwed and proved he's a hell of a coach and should get another opportunity IMO, but that's all besides the point. The system is what it is, now who's the best person to coach it? How do you make this assessment?

There is certainly reasons not to give it to Rambis, namely his tenure for the T-Wolves, but that team sucked ass. We've never seen him on a team with real talent (all due respect to Kevin Love, he was just getting started). So let's say it aint Rambis, then who? Luke Walton? He could be a very good coach but he's got no head coaching experience. Who else? Coaches on the college level? This is where this conversation should be going. We will have a coach experienced with the triple post offense. The question is who is best. Some think we should abandon the triangle and start over. OK but that aint going to happen so again who is best to coach this offense?

Then your question only shows how Jackson needs to give up this ridiculous philosophy when he isnt going to last anyways. If there is no coach running the triangle then maybe we need to stop running it. Blatt, from multiple reports, is very adaptable. Bleacher report has a bunch of recent articles showing how he'd be a good fit because he doesnt mind learning it and is a system type guy that likes the princeton offense. Even thought the offenses are different, they promote system basketball and he is adaptable. Couple that with a record of around 80-40 and youre a thousand times better than Rambis already.

For a coach to keep playing Calderon and sit Grant on the bench when everybody in the world knows your back court is trash just shows how stubborn Rambis is. His stubbornness is another reason he was booted from Minny, because he kept benching Kevin Love and creating rifts between them.

My hope is that we hire Blatt, not only because he is a better coach with winning experience across the globe, but because it shows a sign of change. Blatt is close to Steve Mills and his hiring would be the beginning of Jackson's exit.