The Official Sergio Rodriguez Thread

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
What if he is going to ride the bench because D'Antoni decides to continue playing Duhon? If have got a hitch that D'Antoni is trying hard to be unpredictable. ;)

Rodriguez needs to start after a few practices as duhon continues to suck while his only fan D'Antoni is forced to bench his lover.

pat

Starter
Rodriguez needs to start after a few practices as duhon continues to suck while his only fan D'Antoni is forced to bench his lover.

6 pts., 3, ass., 1.5 TO in 13 min. per game so far this season. Especially his assist/turnover raton makes me believe that D'Antoni will not play him extensively. Than again I hope he will prove me wrong.

tiger0330

Legend
He's got the same problem that Duhon has, he's a backup and not a starting PG. He couldn't even beat out Steve Blake for the starting job. Not a great shooter, gets beat off the dribble a lot, come on he'll make a few plays but he's not the answer for the Knicks.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
6 pts., 3, ass., 1.5 TO in 13 min. per game so far this season. Especially his assist/turnover raton makes me believe that D'Antoni will not play him extensively. Than again I hope he will prove me wrong.

Thats right and only 13 min. per game while behind Evans and Udrih. :barf:duhon is 7.7 pts, 6.2 ast., 2.7 TO in 33 min. per.

Last edited:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Hopefully Mike doesn't play around and makes the switch at point immediately. This guy is what we need right now to run the team. Don't kill me but his game reminds me of Rubio and neither are great shooters. If he develops the shot then watch out!

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Hi Knicks Fans!

I'm a Sergio fan from Spain, I support Estudiantes (Sergio's former team from spanish league) and I've been following closely his NBA career more than any other spanish player in the NBA.

I'm really excited with him on the Knicks, specially knowing D'Antoni is the coach. Sergio is like a Nash lite, exactly the same height and weight, similar elite court vision. He lacks Nash shoot, but he's still 24 and well, he is a hard worker and he has improved his outside shoot year by year. I don't know if he will be the fix the Knicks needed, but I hope so, and I also think its quite probable because is one of the best PGs for a D'Antoni system.

I think Sergio is a great backup PG right now, and he should be solid enough to enter in the rotations, but is still too raw at decission making because he has never had responsabilities, he has played very very few 24+ mpg troughout these three years and a half in the NBA. So I don't know if he will start soon over Duhon. He came too young (20 years old) and he hasn't had a real opportunity until (I guess) now. His deffense is still weak, and as a consequence of his style of play he is quite turnover prone, like JWill in his early years. I hope that will be fixed quickly if he gets constant minutes, because coming in and out in the rotations deppending on who is injured, as he has being this season, is not very good for concentration and decission making. But if he gets constant minutes and a defined role, either starter or off the bench, so he can get confidence, he should fix that quickly. I think he is really great to run the team for the 3 first quarters, but he has no experience at all at clutch time so he will probably make some dumb decissions trying to force easy passes when it's not the moment to risk.

I guess the Knicks is the best team he could have ended up in, because he hasn't had a real opportunity and I guess D'Antoni will give him one. In Portland he just didn't fit the deffensive 3-shooter PG role McMillan had in mind, and in Sacramento he had above him Beno Udrih and almost sure ROY Tyrke Evans in the PG position so he didn't had big minutes altough he was more free to play his game. He was still the best in +/- ratio in the Kings, most in garbage time, but well, he has really squeezed garbage time this season, making up huge losses in almost-comeback games. And well, in fact he was quite responsible of starting the atonishing 35-points comeback against the Bulls in december:

He also had a 24 point game (in 24 minutes) against the Hornets wich was quite impressive

This one is in a loss against Memphis but he did great numbers:

There are more highlights from this season in that guy's (Crakoli2) youtube channel.

As I said, I think it's only on him being the piece this team lacks. But what it's for sure is you'll have spectacle in the MGS. Flashy passes behind the back, crazy alley-oops and these kinds of things are guaranteed with him

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Imagine if Ricky Rubio was our starter for the future, and Sergio was the backup for the future....BONERS. I still want to get Rubio though. I don't see "Star" in Sergio at least not yet, but I see that written all over Rubio.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
:aplause:

SERGIO RODRIGUEEZZZZZZ, LETTSS GGOOO...I've been wanting him for the longest now (lookit the sig!!)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
This is a huge upgrade at PG and the kid is still young enough to hope he improves his outside shot further and becomes our PG of the future. Knicks fans are going to love this kid.

smokes

Huge Member
Thanks for the movies!

Rodriguez is everything we lack at the PG spot from Duhon. He's a better passer, better court vision, faster and much better penetrator and he can finish at the rim. Sure his outside game is lacking but we don't really need another PG who is gonna toss up bricks anyway.

I really hope we split minutes 24/24 between Rodriguez and Douglas and let both of them develop some game.

Rodriguez/Douglas/Duhon
Tmac/Douglas/House
Chandler/Harrington
Gallo/Chandler/Harrington
Lee/Bender

Not bad...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow... An official thread.. I wish I was officially the official thread creator and had an official badge that officially put me in charge of officiating all official officialness. I'd be so cool.

Upgrade at the PG we've been dying for....He's no all star by any means, but he's got that Euro savvy. Doesn't mind a bit of showtime either. His defense is on par with Duhon and Nate's though (crap)

Still hoping TD23 can get in to the floor general's roll.

Farewell Duhon you whore!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Donnie suprised me with picking up Sergio...nice move Donnie!

This guy is a million times better than Du-nothing...bench Duhon...make Sergio the starter...Douglas backup PG and House backup SG

Hi,

I'm a big Sergio's fan, and this is my first post at this forum.
My romance with Sergio started when I watched his highlights form Estudiantes at the 2005/6 seasons that where available for download at the official ACB league site. But as I'm not from Spain (and it was before you could find everything at streams and torrents), therefore I had to wait to the WC 2006 to see him. So I was watched all Spain's games from the first stage to see him, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Each game I was waiting for him and Rudy Fernandez to to substitute Calderon and Navarro. And at the semifinal between the two best teams at that tournament (Spain and Argentina) at a match that was close all the way, he gave his best game and was the hero of that victory after Pau Gasol.

I was very anxious yesterday because I really wanted Sergio to be traded to Mike D'Antoni's team. It's the best opportunity he could get and finally it's all up to him.

I think that all the descriptions of Sergio at this topic are more or less as I would describe what he showed during the last years. But the change of circumstances may change his game for good and for bad.

These are IMO critical issues:
1. The shot. The most important for him is to be able to make easy shots, which are also the shots he should take. His shot looks much better and I have some reasons to hope that this can come with the confidence.
Otherwise the opponents will learn that he cannot shoot and take advantage of that to stop his passing and penetration.

2. The leadership. This term has different meanings and what I would like to see from Sergio is being the coach of the floor.
There are players to who it comes naturally no matter what is their status at the team, the age and experience, having other stars at the team etc. Well, he is not like that. He is just a good kid (see the youtube at the end).
Until now he wasn't a key player at the NBA, he was young and Calderon was the first PG. so he just did a good job at running the team, making good decisions and inspiring the team at his minutes on the floor.
Yet in order to take a full advantage of being a pure PG, having such tremendous court vision and understanding of the game, he should being more involved at giving instructions to other players.

Sorry for my English, and wish everybody to enjoy Sergio's game.

Oh, and the youtube I mentioned before is of a funny incident from this season that I uploaded and it became very popular (watch until the end):

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Hi,

My romance with Sergio started when I watched his highlights form Estudiantes at the 2005/6 seasons that where available for download at the official ACB league site. But as I'm not from Spain (and it was before you could find everything at streams and torrents), therefore I had to wait to the WC 2006 to see him. So I was watched all Spain's games from the first stage to see him, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Each game I was waiting for him and Rudy Fernandez to to substitute Calderon and Navarro. And at the semifinal between the two best teams at that tournament (Spain and Argentina) at a match that was close all the way, he gave his best game and was the hero of that victory after Pau Gasol.

I was very anxious yesterday because I really wanted Sergio to be traded to Mike D'Antoni's team. It's the best opportunity he could get and finally it's all up to him.

I think that all the descriptions of Sergio at this topic are more or less as I would describe what he showed during the last years. But the change of circumstances may change his game for good and for bad.

1. The shot. The most important for him is to be able to make easy shots, which are also the shots he should take. His shot looks much better and I have some reasons to hope that this can come with the confidence.
Otherwise the opponents will learn that he cannot shoot and take advantage of that to stop his passing and penetration.

2. The leadership. This term has different meanings and what I would like to see from Sergio is being the coach of the floor.
There are players to who it comes naturally no matter what is their status at the team, the age and experience, having other stars at the team etc. Well, he is not like that. He is just a good kid (see the youtube at the end).
Until now he wasn't a key player at the NBA, he was young and Calderon was the first PG. so he just did a good job at running the team, making good decisions and inspiring the team at his minutes on the floor.
Yet in order to take a full advantage of being a pure PG, having such tremendous court vision and understanding of the game, he should being more involved at giving instructions to other players.

Oh, and the youtube I mentioned before is of a funny incident from this season that I uploaded and it became very popular (watch until the end):

Thanks....

mafra

Legend
Hi,

Good stuff! Sergio is in the best situation he could imagine right now. Knicks need a PG badly, have nobody for 2010, and they're poised to sign TWO major (big time) type-A free agents!

Sergio
Mcgrady
Lebron
Chandler
Bosh (or David Lee)

That's some starting five next year. Toss in Gallo, Douglas, House (or Harrington), Curry, Walker.... we have a solid bench!

All Sergio needs to do is penetrate, move the ball, run the SSOL offense and hit the WIDE open shot, play defense...

LJ is our horse, Bosh his leading man, Tmac the #3 sidekick, Gallo the scoring 6th man - 3point rainmaker, Chandler the jack-of-all-trades and this leaves Sergio as the man to lead the orchestra!

This is PLAN-A!

ANU

Starter
Good stuff! Sergio is in the best situation he could imagine right now. Knicks need a PG badly, have nobody for 2010, and they're poised to sign TWO major (big time) type-A free agents!

Sergio
Mcgrady
Lebron
Chandler
Bosh (or David Lee)

That's some starting five next year. Toss in Gallo, Douglas, House (or Harrington), Curry, Walker.... we have a solid bench!

All Sergio needs to do is penetrate, move the ball, run the SSOL offense and hit the WIDE open shot, play defense...

LJ is our horse, Bosh his leading man, Tmac the #3 sidekick, Gallo the scoring 6th man - 3point rainmaker, Chandler the jack-of-all-trades and this leaves Sergio as the man to lead the orchestra!

This is PLAN-A!
i think at that point gallo should be starting.he's a prototypical stretch 4.