The Official Tracey McGrady Thread

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I would lean toward this being a lucky game for T-Mac, if he didn't score how he did, i.e., not just throwing up prayers: he created shots off the dribble, double-clutch layups, drawing fouls, finding teammates very well.

As for Eddie House, I'm not a believer. The guy, IMO, just had a lucky game. He has never averaged double figures in points. Yet some seem to think that the 20-something points he had last night is going to be standard. GL with that.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
NYK have lost the game but many peoples seems to be very happy, it was good looking lost game ;) House disposition seems to be suspicious - 50 % effectiveness, over his average ~8 points but take a look on one thing: how many minutes he were playing before and now. Maybe he will not be able to score always more than 20 pts but sth between 10-15 should be obvious or maybe not or ... I can't be sure anything about him in nyk, only D.LEE is dead cert- he can even pull McGrady aside to chat about how the play unfolded :D!

clumsy

Rotation player
i dont' believe in Eddie House putting this many points ups either....but he is a good defender....i like him for that at least.

KingCharles34

All Star

KBlack25

Starter
I would lean toward this being a lucky game for T-Mac, if he didn't score how he did, i.e., not just throwing up prayers: he created shots off the dribble, double-clutch layups, drawing fouls, finding teammates very well.

I agree, but at the very least TMac showed he's not on empty...he still has SOMETHING left after being hurt a majority of the past two seasons and not playing since late December this season. The takeaway for me is not that TMac is in old form or that he's the savior, but that there's still something there, and if you sag off him he could hurt you very badly. But I agree, he had a lot of thrown up prayers, a lot of reckless abandon heading towards the hoop...but at least he's not completely done, as some in Houston apparently believed.

nk11

Benchwarmer
i love tmac and definitely thought he was a top10 player, but right now all i expect is decent defense, playmaking ability, and 15+ ppg anything more is a plus. the excitement he brought to the garden last night was amazing and he has a lot of people excited about the knicks again. hes still a player that can take a big shot in the 4th, the knicks havent had that in a while...

that being said if he can take a reduced role next year and make himself more of a facilitator to a star, while playing for midlevel type money(we dont have a midlevel next year i believe) we're in amazing shape.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i really like his game and theres no denying how good he is when hes healthy and if he could show he could stay healthy then why not resign him? we'll be getting a superstar talent at a fraction of the price

I'm so sad that I left new york february 18th, I would loved to see t-mac first game at madison square garden...
I really enjoyed to see at msg the game vs the bulls but see tracy vs durant would have been a dream 4 me.

p0nder

Starter
After seeing the first performance I've got to say that T-Mac was pretty impressive. Not only was T-mac scoring, defending, and play making, he did it for 32 minutes! He felt he could come in and play 30 but expectations were putting him at around 15-25 minutes, building to 30.

But to come in and put in the type of work he did was just incredible. An instant threat in our offense, veteran leadership and grit, a ton of heart and determination. T-Mac has it goin on.

I saw him rubbing his knee near the end of the game before they put him in for the final 30 seconds. So I expect he doesn't have his "NBA Legs" back yet. This is still good news because it means T-Mac is only going to get better for us from here until the end of the season.

Plus T-Mac gives us a reason to watch the Knicks again!

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
He's a little fat (see his neck) and he's completely out of physical form. But even with that, he can still ball. I think he has 2 more years of great basketball level, hands down.

nyk_nyk

All Star
T-Mac managed to score 26 points while playing at less than full strength. He was efficient, played smart basketball and was a great facilitator. Barring any re-injuries from now till the end of the season, he should be back.

What I like about T-Mac is that he's has a high basketball IQ. Its obvious he wasn't in complete game shape but he picked his spots and attacked when it was in his favor. As soon as he's in full game shape we'll see what an amazing player we have.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Wow, hes just amazing...we would definitely make the playoffs if he was still with us...it might be tough for McGrady to bring us back by himself, but with Starbury, it would be definite :)

im so proud to see the maturity and growth of our site members to NOT respond to comments like these. lol. college teams are better than chiseese teams.

spiegel8

Rookie
A while ago i remember magic johonson, gorge karl, JVG and adelman all said mcgrady is one of the best 6'8 and over passing wing player in the league and history. tracy could have easily been a career point guard due to his amazing court vision and handles.

In 07 he drew the 2nd highest amount of double teams in the league. saturday you saw only glimpses of what mcgrady can do. once he gets in better shape, this guy will transform the knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ seriously dude has a smooth all round game, and he could play with the best of them. he just got bit by the injury bug the last few seasons hopefully he's past that and could finish his career out strong and with a title............in NY hopefully, dude wants to be here so bring him back :gony::cool:

tiger0330

Legend
that being said if he can take a reduced role next year and make himself more of a facilitator to a star, while playing for midlevel type money(we dont have a midlevel next year i believe) we're in amazing shape.
Yeah, we won't have the MLE, we will be way under the cap but we can still pay him MLE money. The press was talking about him sacrificing that and taking vet min money so the Knicks would have enough to sign two max guys but I don't see it. He's still a player and if he doesn't get injured and does what he did on Saturday for the rest of the season, he might go into the category of a Joe Johnson type of player entering FA.

spiegel8

Rookie
^ seriously dude has a smooth all round game, and he could play with the best of them. he just got bit by the injury bug the last few seasons hopefully he's past that and could finish his career out strong and with a title............in NY hopefully, dude wants to be here so bring him back :gony::cool:
Mac is very loyal. if you treat him well, he'll allways look after you. it's up to the knicks now. he said get some superstars and he'll gladly return under his market value.