Time to talk about 2015 FA market for the famous ZEN TANKING Knicks

Broadway

All Star
The 5 FA players I mention (above) are complimentary role-players,
ok 2 FA role-players may have contender qualitities.
None of the FA players i mention are star marquee players, nor are any worth max $$$, or above $12M per

Green and Butler are going to get Paid, pretty much done deal on Max offers. There will be a spike in Cap come either 2016-2017 or the yr after which means this summer's free agents are going for blood diamond money.

Sorry Kiya this will be the reality of the matter this summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Green and Butler are going to get Paid, pretty much done deal on Max offers. There will be a spike in Cap come either 2016-2017 or the yr after which means this summer's free agents are going for blood diamond money.

Sorry Kiya this will be the reality of the matter this summer.

I dont see the Bulls or GS giving either player above $10M per.

Phil has to put a veteran starter 5 lineup on the court next season without any rookie or d.league players in the starter lineup. Phil must find a veteran PG that wont let Melo run the show (like Iverson, Billups, Kidd), plus know how to get teammates involve in completing a fastbreak basket.

The most talked about FA signing with the Knicks has been players Monroe and Knight .. 2 players that should have stayed in college for 3 or 4 years to enter the NBA with the basics of a Pro. FA Monroe & Knight does not have the potential to be NBA starters after 4 NBA seasons, plus their top performance are worth $5M per.

The reason why a sports reporter wrote a article on Phil trading the first round pick for Cousins, are to give readers the big task Phil Jackson has to take on in the offseason. If Phil could get a 20-10 center Cousins with the first round pick a majority of the 2015 FA would be very interested in signing with the Knicks to be a part of a Melo & Cousin lineup.
A 19 year old project rookie Okafor & Melo are not going to help Phil Jackson out at signing 6 to 8 winning veterans from the FA market.
This has always been the biggest problem with every team who decrease their cap space to sign a max player without having 2 or 3 star role-players still under their rookie contract.

Kiyaman

Legend
The New York Knicks are lottery-bound by the end of this season and are expected to draft somewhere between the top 3. However, NBA trade rumors indicate that they are planning to trade it in exchange for a proven star.

According to a report via Ian Begley, the Knicks are looking at potential trade partners this summer for their pick in this year's NBA draft. In other words, they'll decide whether to trade it for a perennial or rising star, or use it as a building block for the team.

So, in theory, the Knicks can acquire an impactful player by trading their draft pick. They can then use their cap space, which is expected to be at least $25 million, to sign a premier free agent.
This scenario would give them two established players to play alongside a soon-to-be 31-year-old Carmelo Anthony."

There are several NBA teams willing to trade big name player for one of the 2015 TOP 3 picks ..
.. Nets, Pistons, Magics, Jazz, Nuggets, Suns, Lakers
Does any of the players on any of the above teams interest anyone for a Top-3 pick????

The New York Knicks are lottery-bound by the end of this season and are expected to draft somewhere between the top 3. However, NBA trade rumors indicate that they are planning to trade it in exchange for a proven star.

According to a report via Ian Begley, the Knicks are looking at potential trade partners this summer for their pick in this year's NBA draft. In other words, they'll decide whether to trade it for a perennial or rising star, or use it as a building block for the team.

So, in theory, the Knicks can acquire an impactful player by trading their draft pick. They can then use their cap space, which is expected to be at least $25 million, to sign a premier free agent.
This scenario would give them two established players to play alongside a soon-to-be 31-year-old Carmelo Anthony."

There are several NBA teams willing to trade big name player for one of the 2015 TOP 3 picks ..
.. Nets, Pistons, Magics, Jazz, Nuggets, Suns, Lakers
Does any of the players on any of the above teams interest anyone for a Top-3 pick????

Those 7 teams listed at the end had exactly one all-star between them this year and that was Kobe 'my career is over' Bryant. No way you could justify trading a top 4 pick for anyone on any of those rosters. As mentioned elsewhere, only scenario that makes sense is Knicks trading down in 1st round to get multiple picks and maybe another asset or two.

CoolClyde

Those 7 teams listed at the end had exactly one all-star between them this year and that was Kobe 'my career is over' Bryant. No way you could justify trading a top 4 pick for anyone on any of those rosters. As mentioned elsewhere, only scenario that makes sense is Knicks trading down in 1st round to get multiple picks and maybe another asset or two.

agreed, approve this scenario. makes the draft all that more interesting.

Kiyaman

Legend

I :agreed: with u 100% .. however we are talking about "PUPPET" Phil Jackson trading the first round pick.
Phil has graded a big "Failure" in Knicks trades. Why? this season the Mavs and Cavs traded their 2015 first round picks after they traded with Phil Jackson. Plus OKC wanted Shumpert in a trade for their first round pick.
Phil Jackson lost all my trust when it comes to trading for the Knicks .. he trade the same as Dolan.

Broadway .... Butler and Green are on their final contract year and both are performing like All-Star players, yet they didn't make the All-Star team, because last season they didn't perform like All-Stars they played well b.ball.
Plus Bulls management has always been cheap, and next season the GS Warriors has 4 players with a higher payday than Stephon Curry, If they give Green $12M per they will have 5 players making more $$$ than their franchise player .. don't forget GS are a small-market team.

So far OKC management are the only safe team to base a player salary from ....
Durant $18M per
Westbrook $15M per
Ibaka $12M per
Kanter $5M per

tiger0330

Legend
Kevin Love to the Knicks?? I thought it was weird that Love would say Westbrook was the MVP and not Lebron and now it looks like he may test the FA waters this summer because of his relationship with Lebron and his role in Cleveland. More likely he winds up in LA if he does opt out of Cleveland but I could see Phil making a stab for him. Let's see what Phil does but I think it would be a major blunder if the Knicks pursue him, he's not worth a 100M max contract.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...bron-drive-love-join-knicks-article-1.2162496

Broadway

All Star
Kevin Love to the Knicks?? I thought it was weird that Love would say Westbrook was the MVP and not Lebron and now it looks like he may test the FA waters this summer because of his relationship with Lebron and his role in Cleveland. More likely he winds up in LA if he does opt out of Cleveland but I could see Phil making a stab for him. Let's see what Phil does but I think it would be a major blunder if the Knicks pursue him, he's not worth a 100M max contract.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...bron-drive-love-join-knicks-article-1.2162496

He could wind up in L.A. or Boston, I doubt he comes here. Ultimately he stays in Cleveland to get his money and maybe elects for a trade in a yr or two.

tiger0330

Legend
He could wind up in L.A. or Boston, I doubt he comes here. Ultimately he stays in Cleveland to get his money and maybe elects for a trade in a yr or two.
If he's not happy in Cleveland I don't see him staying. Nobody is beating GS, my pick to win it all this year so I wonder what KLove does if he makes it to the Finals but the Cavs come up short, does he stay or go. If the Cavs win their championship, will KLove bolt having won a ring? And what is his value in the FA market, Cleveland had to do a major rework of that team because he wasn't enough to make the difference, if you sign someone to a max contract he should be a difference maker.

Broadway

All Star
If he's not happy in Cleveland I don't see him staying. Nobody is beating GS, my pick to win it all this year so I wonder what KLove does if he makes it to the Finals but the Cavs come up short, does he stay or go. If the Cavs win their championship, will KLove bolt having won a ring? And what is his value in the FA market, Cleveland had to do a major rework of that team because he wasn't enough to make the difference, if you sign someone to a max contract he should be a difference maker.

Oh I'm not saying it's a done deal but in this case I do feel unless Cleveland has an epic collapse in the playoffs that money(>trumps) getting more comfortable.

They all weren't playing well early on, including Lebron who had to take a fake 3 week siesta. Love is putting up similar numbers to Bosh being a 3rd wheel, not with the same impact and he seems to be pouting doing it.

Not everyone who's played with Lebron enjoyed playing with him. Lebron is about as high maintenance as they come. It could push Love out but I think Love wants his money and he's said on several occasions he "Plans on being in Cleveland a Long Time."

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

In the midseason every Cavs game that was close in the 4th quarter their star player Love had to sit on the bench to watch.
Since midseason started Love sitting on the bench during crunchtime became a habit. WHY?
are Tristan Thompson a better player?

The Cavs are on a 27-6 run since benching Love in ending close games.
What does this say about Love as a player?
Do u think Melo would get the same treatment as Love if he was the Cavs PF???
HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Im hoping in the offseason Phil do not sign any 3 point shooter FA.
Example: i like ex-Knicks Wilson Chandler inside game, but everytime he took a 3-ball shot with 10 sec left on the shot clock i wanted to bench him, I didnt care if he hit the shot.
Wilson Chandler's a 2015 FA that want out of Denver. I dont want him back in NY.
Knicks coach Dantoni 30 to 40 3-ball shots per game made me hate bigs shooting 3s
I always thought that was the weakness in college ball teams and the euro-league teams.

tiger0330

Legend
I can't believe how many people are in love with LOVE and want him on the Knicks. That's just what the Knicks need in this triangle offense is 2 mediocre defenders in Melo and Love and pay them max money.

I do agree if PJ's triangle has lock down defenders a team can win but that goes for a spread PnR system as well, you can win if you can defend.

Broadway

All Star
We are not getting 3 Marquee free agents and definitely not Butler or Green. You also don't waste cap space on Jackson when you draft Mudiay or Russell.

We probably should draft Okafor although if not him Mudiay is my target. Then go after 1 big name and then defenders and dirty work lunch pail guys who can score if needed....

Knight(Big Name) will have to pay Max
Afflalo(Not sexy at all but solid) or similar caliber players
Amir Johnson(Not sexy at all but solid) or similar caliber players

If money remains find skill players-shooters, then fill out roster with good vet min deals

I had no idea this guy could be seeking $10+mil, so shame on me:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: if he's signed and we pay that sticker price. Actually...

#ShameOnPhil

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks should go after Monroe and Lopez since those are the huge holes on this team....if we resign shved for cheap we have 4 combo guards already in Calderon, Grant, Galloway, Shved...rest we can fill out with the young guys (porzingis, lyberie, antentakoumpo, early,etc)

Depth chart

PG- Grant/Galloway
SG- Calderon/Shved
SF- Melo/Early/Antentakoumpo
PF- Monroe/Porzingis/Lyberie
C- Lopez/Aldrich or Jason Smith/Porzingis for small ball

That's a playoff team in the east that needs one more max player we can get in next off season

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

^^ Lopez resigned with the nets and Monroe seems to be interested in the Bucks. It also looks like Alridge will be playing in a Spurs uni. As of now...It seems like the Zen master may just be a false prophet in disguise. ;-(

tiger0330

Legend
^^ Lopez resigned with the nets and Monroe seems to be interested in the Bucks. It also looks like Alridge will be playing in a Spurs uni. As of now...It seems like the Zen master may just be a false prophet in disguise. ;-(
If I were Monroe and the money was the same I'd go to the Bucks a young up and coming team rather than the Knicks.

There's still a chance he comes to NY with Kidd supposedly wanting his old war horse Tyson Chandler in Milwaukee. I agree though with big name FA's going off the market really fast if PJ doesn't land his whale (Monroe), Phil will come off looking like a bust.

If I were Monroe and the money was the same I'd go to the Bucks a young up and coming team rather than the Knicks.

There's still a chance he comes to NY with Kidd supposedly wanting his old war horse Tyson Chandler in Milwaukee. I agree though with big name FA's going off the market really fast if PJ doesn't land his whale (Monroe), Phil will come off looking like a bust.

Yeah, Tyson seems honored that "Kid" wants him, so maybe there is a chance for us. *fingers crossed* I really don't want to be hiding in my closet crying for another whole season.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

I think he was talking about Robin Lopez, who is a better rebounder and defender than his brother

Paul1355

All Star
With Lopez, Afflalo and Williams we have only 3 mil left in cap space plus a 2.8 mil mid level exception.

Most of our bench will be very young and inexperienced with Grant, Galloway, Porzingis, Libyrie, Antentokoumpo, Early, Ledo, etc. All of these guys a best have only one season under their belt. This is why I think Phil will not trade Calderon and his terrible contract because he is a veteran on a team full of kids.

I think Cole Aldrich was a solid center for us last season. When he played big minutes he really produced and is a legit backup role player in my opinion. We need centers on this team.

We have to bring back Alexey Shved. This guy was the best player we had when Melo went down and we traded Prigioni for him. I think he averaged 16 ppg before getting hurt? Shved is also 6'5 allowing his height to make him play the SG spot. He can play with any PG we have and allow guys like Calderon and Galloway to play more off the ball and spot up since they aren't pure point guards.

Shved has a 4 mil restriction. We could cancel that and resign him to the mid level at 2.8 or give him the rest of the 3 mil instead.

Whatever we do we need a back up center. We can even go after Bismack byombo for cheap..who knows we just need another big.