TMAC deal "almost" finalized!!!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
TheChosen- Im a little worried about that and the fact that Salmons was told to sit out.

There is no way Walsh brings in a contract for next season, right? (especially John Salmons)

You know what I was thinking the same thing. But they would have included Salmons in the other Bulls post. Also like you said no way we're taking Salmons contract for next season. So I don't think he's included in this deal. It probably is with another team.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
In other news...Washington Post is reporting Antawn Jamison was traded to the Cavs.

In my opinion, this is great news. I think this means that Amare told the Cavs no thanks. Lets hope this (if true) doesnt put the Cavs over the edge

If that's true thank goodness. I really don't think it was Amare. I think Kerr finally realized he was getting the worst deal for Amare. Also that he was handing a Championship to another team. Washington as we all know wants cap space for next season. So I think the Jamison trade might be true.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I'll belive it when i see it, couse these are the Knicks nontheless. Blowing out deals/games is what they get overpaid to do.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
CSNBullsInsider RT: @KBerg_CBS Trade Buzz: Harrington-for-Tyrus Thomas "in play." #NBA #Knicks #Bulls http://bit.ly/bB3xEG

While the Knicks were finalizing negotiations with the Rockets over draft-pick protection issues in their Tracy McGrady arrangement, sources said New York also was hard at work Wednesday night on another scenario. There has been some hard push from within the Knicks' organization to pursue an off-again, on-again swap centered around Al Harrington-for-Thomas. Coach Mike D'Antoni believes Thomas would be a long-term fit for his system, and that Harrington's offensive style would hinder the team's ability to make a playoff push down the stretch this season.

"It's still in play," one person familiar with the discussions said of a possible Harrington-for-Thomas swap, which would include other pieces.

Source : http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20107023

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Bad Breaking News :

Rockets Recruiting Kings For T-Mac Three-Way With Bulls

McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg

Feb 17, 2010 9:39 PM EST

The Rockets are attempting to recruit the Kings to enter into a three-way deal in order to salvage a deal that would send Tracy McGrady to the Rockets, according to sources that spoke to Yahoo!

The trade scenario is currently in peril due to Chicago's pending deal with Milwaukee involving John Salmons.

The Rockets would receive Kenny Thomas, Andres Nocioni, Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and Salmons from the Bulls.
The deal would clear cap space for the Bulls and also save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next

Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...for_t_mac_three_way_with_bulls/#ixzz0fr7QfzkG

johnstarky

Rotation player
I think there is a better chance that humans discover extraterrestrial life on another planet than the Knicks getting Tracy McGrady.It's too bad the Knicks will be the losers by the trading dead line after they keep Jeffries and his franchise killing contract.I really thought that there was light at the end of the tunnel, but when you root for the worst organization in the world "future expectations" is an oxymoron.The Knicks' failures to acquire Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and now Tracy McGrady might be a precursor to them not acquiring anyone worthy of a max contract this summer.I really don't care anymore, if the Knicks are going to continue finishing seasons with 50 losses or more then that's their problem, not mine.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
You know what I just read the post about The Rockets asking Sac to join in a three way. How is that possible when they just sent Salmons to the Bucks? Something isn't right here.

Blumatic

Rotation player
You know what I just read the post about The Rockets asking Sac to join in a three way. How is that possible when they just sent Salmons to the Bucks? Something isn't right here.

They were trying to do it on the low but it didnt work out for them.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I assume that the Houston-Sac deal is off now that Salmons is on his way to the Bucks.

In my opinion the bulls would be silly for not doing a Thomas for Harrington deal. I think after tonight Walsh is going to see that the team needs a little fire and he is going to concede on one of houstons demands.

Tonight was terrible. D'antoni really needs to start motivating a little better. Its a little too clear that he has thrown in the towel for this year.

smokes

Huge Member
The Rockets are just making noise by persuing other options because they are trying to wheedle out Hill + picks from us. Personally I don't think the proposed deal is bad to be honest but obviously Donnie wants the best deal possible. Oh well, less than 24 hours left, we'll know soon enough...

mafra

Legend
DEAL APPEARS TO BE OFF. AND, Knicks have to be the dumbest org on the planet- why would you even risk playing Jeffries when there's less than 24-hours before the trade deadline passes?

According to ESPN:

"As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The proposed deal was contingent on John Salmons(notes) staying with the Bulls, but that appeared in doubt with the Milwaukee Bucks expecting to complete their own trade for Salmons.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings? protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

One source with knowledge of the Knicks? talks with the Rockets said New York isn?t enthused about Houston?s demands. The Rockets want to trade first-round picks in 2011 and take the Knicks? 2012 pick. They also have asked for cash, the source said.

It is unclear whether the Bulls will try to revive talks with the Rockets if they complete their trade with the Bucks. However, Houston clearly is worried about where the discussions with New York are headed as the deadline looms on Thursday."

smokes

Huge Member
On the eve of the trade deadline, Donnie Walsh continues working to pin down the final elements of an offer that will land Tracy McGrady and shed the contract of Jared Jeffries.

Marc Stein of ESPN wrote late Wednesday that multiple sources expressed confidence that a trade to send McGrady to New York will ultimately be consummated.

Simultaneously, Walsh is working to swing a trade with the Bulls centered around Tyrus Thomas and Al Harrington.

Mike D'Antoni may be driving the Knicks' interest in Thomas. The coach is apparently enthralled with the idea of plugging the athletic talents of Thomas into his uptempo system.

Chicago is unlikely to offer Thomas his qualifying offer during the offseason should they not be able to trade him.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ish_t_mac_deal_trade_for_tyrus/#ixzz0fr92dUf1

Seems that most people are confident it will be completed. Too much complication with the Bulls considering Tyrus is likely coming here and Salmons is going to the Bucks... No way that 3 way is going to go down imo.

Houston just trying to play hardball.

Also Harrington just put on a nice show in front of the Bulls, 27 points on 50% shooting, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals. Good advertisement.