Toney Douglas... our diamond in the rough?

Can Toney Douglas be our diamond in the rough next season?

• I have no confidence in Douglas.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
I dunno if he'll get fired but I do agree that D'Antoni isn't always a good judge of talent.

Honestly I dunno why D'Antoni wasn't giving Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas more minutes (especially when we had Chris DuSUCK starting and playing 40 minutes a game)

u just mention the main reason why Dantoni will be FIRED in 2010-11 season.
Overweight Curry came into camp under 20 lbs, plus every time Dantoni gave Curry playingtime it was without a PF on the court during the 2nd quarter with bum Duhon still on the court.

Why wasnt Curry & Hill practicing and working out together as offense/defense bigmen off the bench to provide the team with 8 to 10 fouls in the paint?
Toney Douglas & N8 was suppose to be practicing and working out together to bring speed off the bench to run teams with Hill put-backs and Gallo peremeter shooting. Plus N8 knows all Curry's post-up moves in a halfcourt setting.

Curry and Jefferies were suppose to be showcase with 20 or more minutes per game of playingtime in the first 30 games of the season. Our rotation was suppose to be bigger to surround Curry & Jefferies with the right teammates to make them look good for several teams to make trade offers for.
Coach Damntoni was not coaching to help Walsh 2010-Plan.
He was coaching against it.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Douglas demonstrated he belongs in the NBA and yes he should start this upcoming season. Regardless of who we sign, he should start @ PG. If he gets the minutes that Duhound got for a whole year, he will grow vastly. TD a late rounder with tons of upside.
If LeBron came to town then TD will be an asset guarding all them quick PG's, while LeBron stuffs em from behind. Douglas, LeBron, Chandler, and Gallo make a nice defensive unit.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I agree, TD harkens back to the Chris Childs/Charlie Ward style of play, solid on defense, clutch on offense, always ready to play well. His lack of playing time this year was due to D'amntoni's shortened rotation and dim-wittedness, not realizing the kid can take over a game in the 4Q. TD hasn't had a chance to prove what he can do, other than the games he SINGLEHANDEDLY WON for the Knicks. Did y'all folks forget those late season games when TD finally got some run? Why Pupon got the starting position back at end of season is a complete mystery, but totally within the realm of Mr. Pringles.

TD may not be the essential PG needed to run the LOSS (I mean SSOL), but he deserves to get the chance to be the keeper/sleeper Knicks need to take it to the next level with FA2010 plan.

Go TD! Go Knicks! c'mon July 1st!

The thing I have against this post, is the fact that the chris childs/charlie ward days weren't as good as people thought. If the knicks would have pulled the trigger on a trade for a point guard who was a better shooter, better passer, and faster, the Knicks, I believe, would have been even better and possibly a championship winner. I liked Ward and Childs, both had their moments in Knicks history, but I never believed they should have been the starters, and I must say I feel the same thing about Douglas. He's a good bench player, and I believe thats where he'll excel.

u just mention the main reason why Dantoni will be FIRED in 2010-11 season.
Overweight Curry came into camp under 20 lbs, plus every time Dantoni gave Curry playingtime it was without a PF on the court during the 2nd quarter with bum Duhon still on the court.

Why wasnt Curry & Hill practicing and working out together as offense/defense bigmen off the bench to provide the team with 8 to 10 fouls in the paint?
Toney Douglas & N8 was suppose to be practicing and working out together to bring speed off the bench to run teams with Hill put-backs and Gallo peremeter shooting. Plus N8 knows all Curry's post-up moves in a halfcourt setting.

Curry and Jefferies were suppose to be showcase with 20 or more minutes per game of playingtime in the first 30 games of the season. Our rotation was suppose to be bigger to surround Curry & Jefferies with the right teammates to make them look good for several teams to make trade offers for.
Coach Damntoni was not coaching to help Walsh 2010-Plan.
He was coaching against it.

I agree 100% with this post. Look, the fact of the matter is, if you D'antoni nut huggers would look at objectively, you would see he is doing a WORSE job than Larry Brown did. I believe he personally tanked these past two seasons, he didn't coach a lick and if the Knicks had a decent coach, they would have had a much better team these past two years.