Trade David Lee

ANU

Starter
He made moves just for the sake of shaking things up is what I think he was saying.
lol.when in doubt, bring up Isaiah.

is this team going somewhere as currently constructed?

I'll answer that with a **** no.

right now, david lee is a pf playing out of position; gallinari is supposed to be the pf of the future according to our gm;and as of right now, hill is a pf and will be until he actually puts enough weight on to compete consistently in the nba as a "d'antoni 5".so its simple for me, you deal the guy who can hinder your future plans of signing a franchise changing player.that is david lee.

some of you need to understand that.stop living in a bubble.every other game this team gets exposed.sooner or later most of these players won't be worth a damn to merit anything of value in return.i don't want to here shit about d'antoni's system.**** mike d'antoni.I'm a knicks fan.my concern is for the future of this franchise.i don't give a **** about mike d'antoni trying to get to the playoffs.that does nothing for us in the long run.

do you know what the headline will be tomorrow in the papers?

knicks get destroyed by mavs at msg in their worst loss in history.

but no.any moves would be a move to just make a move.just like Isiah.

shaking my ****ing head.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygxfhgw

mcgee and miller for hill and mobley would be ideal imo.we get an actual center with some upside for a power forward with some upside.though i will say i don't know how well miller has been playing so i might be underrating his value in this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygjpltz

lee chandler duhon for claxton, bell, george and gsw first round pick.
the golden state warriors will not have any capsace to sign anyone next year and the following year when they do, anthony randolph will have a a team option.they have a shit frontline and plenty of wing players.david lee would love don nelson and don nelson would love david lee.and duhon is as far away from this team as possible.win win for us.

those two deals would make me feel a little more optimistic about the epic fail that this team is.

the starting 5 would look something like this
mcgee
gallinari
james?
lotto pick?
dougie or lotto pick.

that would be a pretty amazing big three potential wise.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I hope you are wrong about that. I would rather have Lee over Amare. Better rebounder, more versatile scorer, better passer, equally woeful on defense.

I would stay away from Amare. He is nowhere near a max player.
Lee over Amare???? In Mike D's offense??? Keep dreaming buddy. Amare is an All-Pro talent. Lee is just scratching the surface...not to diss one of our own or anything, but thats not even a fair comparison. Someone can try and bring in a stat to prove me wrong, but the truth is stats don't mean anything in this scenario. Lee shares the ball with Gallo and Wilson Chandler....Amare has to fair for shots with the likes of Nash, J Rich, Grant Hill and Barbosa...

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygxfhgw

mcgee and miller for hill and mobley would be ideal imo.we get an actual center with some upside for a power forward with some upside.though i will say i don't know how well miller has been playing so i might be underrating his value in this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygjpltz

lee chandler duhon for claxton, bell, george and gsw first round pick.
the golden state warriors will not have any capsace to sign anyone next year and the following year when they do, anthony randolph will have a a team option.they have a shit frontline and plenty of wing players.david lee would love don nelson and don nelson would love david lee.and duhon is as far away from this team as possible.win win for us.

those two deals would make me feel a little more optimistic about the epic fail that this team is.

the starting 5 would look something like this
mcgee
gallinari
james?
lotto pick?
dougie or lotto pick.

that would be a pretty amazing big three potential wise.
I dig this also. I would like Brendan Haywood also. Both are good candidates. Also, if the Golden State scenario worked out, we would be able to keep Raja Bell for our bench next year. That would be awesome, and would bring some Mike D vets into the Garden, as well as a player who can lockdown on D and shoot the 3.

I like it.

dave2138

Rotation player
Not a chance Lee to golden state -> their 1st happens. They have almost a 50% chance at landing Wall or Favors in the draft. That trade is basically Chandler for top 5 pick in the draft since Lee is pretty much worthless to them.

I think if the Knicks had any intention to trade Jordan Hill they would be playing him 30+ minutes/game to boost his trade value. The fact that they are bringing him in slowly just tells us that they are developing him slowly and playing him when they think he ready to play.

dave2138

Rotation player
Which would you rather have?

David Lee - 5 years 12 mil/year

Amare Stoudemire - signed to max contract in off season or David Lee 5 years 12 mil/year + whatever we could get by trading Lee now

Here's my trade involving Lee idea:

- Lee + Duhon + lower of Clippers/Knicks 2nd round pick -> Eric Maynor, Kyle Weaver, Etan Thomas(expiring), Kevin Ollie(expiring) + The worse of Oklahoma City or Phoenix's 1st round pick.

- Trade Jefferies for Adam Morrison (expiring)

Offseason:
- sign James max contact
- sign David Lee as a free agent 12 mil/year 5 years
- Trade Eddy Curry + Phoenix/Oklahoma City pick to Nets. Nets trade Devin Harris to Clippers. Clippers trade Baron Davis to Knicks and their 1st round pick #11 to the Nets.

Baron Davis -13
Chandler - 2
James - 16
Gallinari - 3.3
Lee - 12

Maynor - 1.4
Douglas - 1
Weaver - 0.9
Hill - 2.7

ANU

Starter
i really don't understand how someone can say there is no a chance.its plenty possible.I've seen all of wall's games this year; I've seen steph curry play, and I've seen ellis play.wall is not a better point guard than either, and he's not a better scorer than either.john wall is a combo guard at the moment, don't let the 7 assists fool you; and if there is one team that does not need another combo guard its golden.you could argue that that deal is not enough, maybe, maybe not.the warriors are thin in the frontline, and adding a possible all star player as well as another or 2 (adding hill) with some upside, should be plenty.our problems are different from there problems.aside from having the similar coaches, are issues are mostly in the back court, while theirs are in the frontcourt.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
we could sit here an argue all about the star power wall brings, thats a given i agree with that; but i also think their will be at least 2 players with more substance than wall; for starters evan turner.i don't think I'm crossing the line by saying that turner has as good a shot at being the best player in the draft 2 or 3 seasons from now as wall does.he's a 6-6 2 guard with point guard skills and he's a triple double machine.there are certain teams that would be better off taking turner like the wolves, like the nets but they won't because of "star power".col aldrich is another one.the guy is a center with good all around skills.in the past, aldrich would have easily gone first.skilled bigs don't grow on trees.and skilled bigs, like the garnetts, gasols, and duncans are the most pivotal pieces of championship teams.

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
i really don't understand how someone can say there is no a chance.its plenty possible.I've seen all of wall's games this year; I've seen steph curry play, and I've seen ellis play.wall is not a better point guard than either, and he's not a better scorer than either.john wall is a combo guard at the moment, don't let the 7 assists fool you; and if there is one team that does not need another combo guard its golden.you could argue that that deal is not enough, maybe, maybe not.the warriors are thin in the frontline, and adding a possible all star player as well as another or 2 (adding hill) with some upside, should be plenty.our problems are different from there problems.aside from having the similar coaches, are issues are mostly in the back court, while theirs are in the frontcourt.

I said there was no chance of that happening because I don't get why would the Warriors trade a guaranteed top 5 pick for only Wilson Chandler. Lee and Duhon are worthless to GS since they are unrestricted FA.

dave2138

Rotation player
we could sit here an argue all about the star power wall brings, thats a given i agree with that; but i also think their will be at least 2 players with more substance than wall; for starters evan turner.i don't think I'm crossing the line by saying that turner has as good a shot at being the best player in the draft 2 or 3 seasons from now as wall does.he's a 6-6 2 guard with point guard skills and he's a triple double machine.there are certain teams that would be better off taking turner like the wolves, like the nets but they won't because of "star power".col aldrich is another one.the guy is a center with good all around skills.in the past, aldrich would have easily gone first.skilled bigs don't grow on trees.and skilled bigs, like the garnetts, gasols, and duncans are the most pivotal pieces of championship teams.

I agree that the top talent in this year's draft is much more deeper than last years. I liked Willie Warren a lot and hoped he would have declared last year. There's a chance his stock will fall if he keeps up the inconsistency this year...maybe the 15-20 range where it would be easier to trade for another team's draft pick.

Actually if the Knicks had to trade up in the draft I'd much rather go for a late lottery - #20 range and try to get Ekpe Udoh. I think he would fit up nicely with Lee being signed to play Center. Udoh is averaging 4+ blocks/games, decent offense, not strong enough to play Center right away, but would fit at PF. Kind of reminds me of Marcus Camby.

ANU

Starter
I said there was no chance of that happening because I don't get why would the Warriors trade a guaranteed top 5 pick for only Wilson Chandler. Lee and Duhon are worthless to GS since they are unrestricted FA.

you're assuming they wouldn't want to re-sign lee.why wouldn't they? they won't have any capspace to speak of, so they would be able to sign him if they wanted to if they got him; and why would chandler and hill be worthless to them? they are a guard heavy team.what they don't have a is a frontcourt to speak of except maybe bidriens and don nelson's drunken ass trying to turn a frail sf into a center in randolph.

lee and chandler and hill(to add on to my original trade) wouldn't be enough for expirings and a pick when you look at how the draft is shaping up? you have to take into consideration what they have all ready, i think we both agree that you take the best player available, but doesn't match their needs.

the draft at the top will be pf heavy.

lee+chandler+ hill is better than one of favors, montiajunas, aminu, patterson, johnson, davis, turner imo.

the wizards traded away the 5th pick in this past draft for miller, and foye.we'd be giving plenty.ray allen and the 35th pick were dealt for delonte west, wally szczerbiak and the 5th pick that ended up being jeff green.ray allen was averaging 26 points the season before while szcezrbiak was averaging 17 ppg, and west 12.was that a fair trade?i don't think so.allen is better than all of those guys. shane battier was traded for stromile swift and rudy gay.was that a fair trade? though battier is a consummate pro, i think not.

the point is, it is not impossible as you assume.especially at this moment when nothing is set in stone.

I agree that the top talent in this year's draft is much more deeper than last years. I liked Willie Warren a lot and hoped he would have declared last year. There's a chance his stock will fall if he keeps up the inconsistency this year...maybe the 15-20 range where it would be easier to trade for another team's draft pick.

Actually if the Knicks had to trade up in the draft I'd much rather go for a late lottery - #20 range and try to get Ekpe Udoh. I think he would fit up nicely with Lee being signed to play Center. Udoh is averaging 4+ blocks/games, decent offense, not strong enough to play Center right away, but would fit at PF. Kind of reminds me of Marcus Camby.
never heard of him.and lee at center will result in a 35 to 40 win team for a decade.more mediocrity.

dave2138

Rotation player
If they are really intent on wanting Lee past this year, why wouldn't they just sign him as a FA when the season is over. He is an unrestricted FA so he can sign anywhere.

That's why I only think Lee has trade value to a team that really thinks they have a legit shot at competing in the playoffs and eventually a championship for this year. Teams like Golden State make no sense because like I said if they want Lee so bad they'll just overpay him as a FA.

The Wizards traded the 5th pick because there was no one at 5 they wanted. Why would they draft a PG like Flynn, Rubio, Curry, Jennings when they are stuck with Arenas for 4 more years. Completely different situation...

I agree never assume anything, but you have to admit its a pretty safe bet that New Jersey, Minnesota, Golden State are hanging onto their 1st round picks at the hope they land 1 of the top 2 picks and get either Wall or Favors.

ANU

Starter
If they are really intent on wanting Lee past this year, why wouldn't they just sign him as a FA when the season is over. He is an unrestricted FA so he can sign anywhere.
because they won't have any capspace to outright sign him from free agency.would signing an extension be a problem? i don't think so.

That's why I only think Lee has trade value to a team that really thinks they have a legit shot at competing in the playoffs and eventually a championship for this year. Teams like Golden State make no sense because like I said if they want Lee so bad they'll just overpay him as a FA.
again, they have no capspace.and a playoff team like who? who would be a better fit than a team with an average frontline like gsw?
the trade would not consist of only david lee for the first round pick.it would include hill and chandler.that's not a bad for the warriors at all.

the knicks would be doing this on a gamble that they'd land the first round pick and draft wall; and if there is one team that could afford to pass on wall, it is the gsw. should they? no, they're in the lotto for a reason, but they could, and i would understand why they would.

wall is an awesome basketball player, but he is not a better pg prospect than paul or even a rubio, williams etc.all of his upside is based on his ability as a combo guard.

the warriors all ready have 2 combo guards in ellis and curry.though it would not surprise me that nelson would run a a 3 combo guard line up,it is ridiculous and laughable at best.you need the right players and depth in order to win.a would be all star in lee, and 2 prospects with upside in chandler, and hill is more than enough for a pick, that is not likely to be number 1.the knicks can afford that gamble because this team and this city have been starved of a star for ages.it is a risk worth taking.the warriors need to be competitive once again, and having a chance at wall won't necessarily give them that.

their best players would be 3 combo guards.

are 3 best players are power forwards.were in the east, while they're in the west.

if this teams current strife is an indication, it is that if you do have too much of a good thing, like your 3 best players being at their best at one particular position, it is not good thing in the long run.

The Wizards traded the 5th pick because there was no one at 5 they wanted. Why would they draft a PG like Flynn, Rubio, Curry, Jennings when they are stuck with Arenas for 4 more years. Completely different situation...

I agree never assume anything, but you have to admit its a pretty safe bet that New Jersey, Minnesota, Golden State are hanging onto their 1st round picks at the hope they land 1 of the top 2 picks and get either Wall or Favors.
they traded the pick before the draft.how would they know who would be at 5? and no.i would not agree that those teams would keep their picks if a package of players was right for them.hell, i'd go as far as to say that if walsh offered a package of lee, gallo, hill, chandler and dougie the nets would bite.

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
fair enough, you make some good points about why GS would want to trade for D Lee in order to be able to sign him past next year. Actually got me to consider that a realistic possibility. We'll see what happens...at least we both agree that trading Lee is such a huge opportunity to get any pieces that will help for next year and beyond that and we should not pass that up.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
can we trade lee, without his approval???

Nope.

Remember when Devean George kicked up a stink over the Kidd trade? Lee has every right to do the same.

The difference being that Dallas had a flexible roster that made the trade eventuate anyway.

We have no leverage at all comparatively.

GetRealistic

Starter
To me David has been a valuable player and a potential building block for this team for years to come. I would trade him but there are only two trade scenarios i'd explore when moving Lee.

1... To trade David i'd want the other team to take on Eddy Curry... Just getting a team to take on Jefferies isn't enough when it comes to Lee.

2.... I'd trade him for legit value. Possible Bosh or another all-star quality player.

dave2138

Rotation player
To me David has been a valuable player and a potential building block for this team for years to come. I would trade him but there are only two trade scenarios i'd explore when moving Lee.

1... To trade David i'd want the other team to take on Eddy Curry... Just getting a team to take on Jefferies isn't enough when it comes to Lee.

2.... I'd trade him for legit value. Possible Bosh or another all-star quality player.

We should be putting Lee's name out there though like Phoenix is doing with Amare. Last I heard there were 4-5 teams with legit interest in Amare...you don't think 1 of those teams would like Lee as a fall back option?