Trades for Trade Deadlines:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It's a shame 5 people earning above 6 digit in ($$$) pay .. can't come up with a winning solution for the Knicks team SMH

On the final day of the Feb. trading deadline, I would like to read the Knicks just traded for
PG-Malcolm Brogdon or PG-Dejounte Murray

What I don't want to read are the Knicks just traded for a SG, or SF, or PF, or a Center !!!

As simple as that, I really can't understand how we couldn't land a decent PG since forever....

tiger0330

Legend
Did the Knicks go after the right player when they traded for Cam?
Should they maybe should have gotten D. Hunter??
ATL made Cam available because they went with DH. Said Cam wasn?t a Thibs type player and it?s being reported that Thibs wasn?t on board with the trade, certainly shows with how little he?s been used but with RJ out he?s going to play and get his chance.

Rumored that Knicks, Lakers, and Raptors have discussed a 3 way trade that would have the Knicks trading away Burks, Reddish, and Noel and getting back Dragic?s 19 million dollar expiring contract and draft pick(s).

In general, when these things go public, it means it?s not happening.

Hot Knicks rumors at the moment:

Lakers seem to want Cam Reddish.

Lakers also seem to want Alec Burks.

Knicks reportedly are most aggressively shopping Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, and surprisingly, Mitchell Robinson. This may suggest that they expect to have trouble getting MRob to re-sign or possibly trying to sell high on him before he has another significant injury.

Lastly, possibly related to trying to trade MRob, Knicks continue to have interest in trading for Myles Turner.

Trade deadline is 3PM today. I expect our front office to accomplish nothing.

Last edited:
Just got reported on ESPN radio that Knicks are close on some deals to move veterans. Knicks are targeting cap space for this off-season.

We all know how this will go. Clear cap space. No free agent wants to come here. Use cap space to sign more treadmill players that no one else aggressively pursued. Rinse and repeat forever.

mafra

Legend
Amen. We will trade vets for crappy picks and cap space?. We didn?t make a single move to help team last year bc ?They didn?t want to disturb team chemistry.? Now they do nothing to build roster for future?

Rose can?t make deals.

In non-Knicks rumors, here?s something that was bound to happen eventually. Dallas kicking the tires on how to unload Porzingis? contract. They have reportedly been in talks to send him to Toronto, but no real news on this.

Marvin Bagley to Pistons in 4 team trade (Detroit, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Clippers).

Last edited:
Spurs are the ones who end up with Dragic and his 19 million dollar expiring contract. They will buy him out. Spurs also net a protected 1st round pick in the deal.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Amen. We will trade vets for crappy picks and cap space?. We didn?t make a single move to help team last year bc ?They didn?t want to disturb team chemistry.? Now they do nothing to build roster for future?

Rose can?t make deals.

Maf I vividly remember us drilling down on the very point this time last yr. Now we went on a run post deadline last yr but it essentially amounted to getting our rocks off after we got lucky one night with no real relationship to show for, days and weeks after

Again which is why nothing concerning the team lifts me, especially moves in the offseason. Most of the moves we make are absolute turn-offs for me

I will acknowledge Dolan has tried to do some things differently in recent yrs but when are we going to start holding those(the splashy names and of social currency in this sport)?who get glory, responsible for their ineptness when they arrive here

I believe there were deals to be made past couple seasons but our front office rather be dominated by the fears of the front and back pages?that really hold no more weight these days. It?s gotta suck to let the rotten of The Big Apple control operation

KP to Wizards for Dinwiddie and Bertrans.
Hahahahaha!

This speaks mainly to how bad I think KP?s value is relative to his contract size, but I think this is a good trade for Dallas.

My take on that Harden/Simmons trade:

Philly going all-in. If they win a championship this year or next year, obviously any trade is worth it.

As far as Brooklyn, if they get good Ben Simmons, that trade is an all-time steal. If they get afraid to play basketball Ben Simmons, that?s still a decent trade getting two 1st round picks (likely late ones, but still).