Trading Amare for a Power Forward that fits in

We should...

• We should trade Amare for Pau Gasol!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • We should trade Amare for David Lee!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • We should trade Amare for Zach Randolph!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should trade Amare for Luis Scola

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • We shouldn't trade Amare! He will find his place here just wait!

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
I just wish that Glen Grunwald would call Golden State and trade Amare for DLee. I pray every night that one day I'll wake up and look at my twitter feed and hear "Knicks discussing DLee Amare swap with Golden State" from Alan Hahn. I just want a rumor. Please. Lol

miked1958

Rotation player
Lee

I'm not sure Dr. Frankenstein could revive Boshemire's game.

Be nice to get Lee back. I know we were clearing Cap space to try and go after Lebron at the time so resigning him as a FA was out of the question. But the kid was all over the floor hustling and getting it done. I for one loved him here and was sad to see him go.

Felt the same way about Gallo in the Melo trade.

quiggle

Starter
you will only see this kind now on youtube, see how well peeps play when there is payday around the corner?

quiggle

Starter

15d5ag7.jpg

3xaol.jpg

5l87r8.jpg

111hxc8.jpg

TRADE IDEA for Dwight/DLee

Knicks get
Dwight Howard
David Lee

Magic get
Tyson Chandler
Monta Ellis
Toney Douglas
2nd round pick from Knicks

Warriors get
Amare Stoudemire
JJ Reddick
Daniel Orton

This would give us a sick line-up around Melo/Lee/Dwight and a pretty awesome bench.

PG: Lin
SG: Landry
SF: Melo
PF: DLee
C: D12

quiggle

Starter
give me some of that stuffs your smoking on, also Lin rise also hurts the team considerably because a lot of teams are jealous now and would not want to deal with us to get us even more better. see this is where having walsh is better then grunwald because at lease he had connections and could maybe do Ainge/McHail with Garnett

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
TRADE IDEA for Dwight/DLee

Knicks get
Dwight Howard
David Lee

Magic get
Tyson Chandler
Monta Ellis
Toney Douglas
2nd round pick from Knicks

Warriors get
Amare Stoudemire
JJ Reddick
Daniel Orton

This would give us a sick line-up around Melo/Lee/Dwight and a pretty awesome bench.

PG: Lin
SG: Landry
SF: Melo
PF: DLee
C: D12
i like, good trade for everyone but do we have a second round pick?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
good for everyone ????

ISIAH THOMAS IS NOT RUNNING THE WARRIORS.....
yes... good for everyone the Warriors are looking to move Ellis anyway, and if you dont watch the Warriors Ellis is shooting about 38% this season. In reality the warriors are not going anywhere with a backcourt of "curry & ellis" and a soft front court of "David Lee, and biedrins. The warriors (want) a star a go to guy,a leader Stat can be just that for them he'll be the man again and get more than enough touches. throwing in reddick and orton does not hurt them it just makes them deeper. Building around Curry, Amare, Thompson is much better than building around David Lee, Curry,Ellis matter fact putting Amare on the Warriors would almost look like the Knicks 2.0 where you have Amare surrounded by a good point guard and a bunch of shooters.
David Lee would be the perfect PF fit for the Knicks he does every thing you would want. Mid range consistent Jumper, Rebounding, Hustle, he may not be the greatest thing on defense but he at least attempts to play it.

Warriors
Curry
Klay Thompson
Wright
AMARE
Bierdrins

All this team would really need is a Legit Center... i dont see what makes this team so bad

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
yes... good for everyone the Warriors are looking to move Ellis anyway, and if you dont watch the Warriors Ellis is shooting about 38% this season. In reality the warriors are not going anywhere with a backcourt of "curry & ellis" and a soft front court of "David Lee, and biedrins. The warriors (want) a star a go to guy,a leader Stat can be just that for them he'll be the man again and get more than enough touches. throwing in reddick and orton does not hurt them it just makes them deeper. Building around Curry, Amare, Thompson is much better than building around David Lee, Curry,Ellis matter fact putting Amare on the Warriors would almost look like the Knicks 2.0 where you have Amare surrounded by a good point guard and a bunch of shooters.
David Lee would be the perfect PF fit for the Knicks he does every thing you would want. Mid range consistent Jumper, Rebounding, Hustle, he may not be the greatest thing on defense but he at least attempts to play it.

Warriors
Curry
Klay Thompson
Wright
AMARE
Bierdrins

All this team would really need is a Legit Center... i dont see what makes this team so bad

I assure you if you asked every GM in the league...
Amare for 20 million a year ( not insured ) or LEE for 15 million ( Insured ) every single GM would take LEE.

DO you think differently ?

skisloper

Starter
Amare for 20 million a year ( not insured ) or LEE for 15 million ( Insured ) every single GM would take LEE.

sorry Amare for 20 million and Lee for 11 million....dude come on

iJoe

Rotation player
I hate to keep repeating myself, but a lot of posters keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Trade a player when he's at his worst and go crazy over how much you love a guy who is on a hot streak and overvalue him.

That is not how you build a good team. Think of the stock market. If you guys played stocks like you want to build our team, you all would be dead broke. Sell low and buy high.... yeah that makes a lot of sense. I'm glad most of us are not GMs.

Stoudamire Quote from AP;
He admitted he wasn’t in basketball shape after the lockout, when he added too much muscle after his workouts and grew to 260 pounds after playing at 245 last season. He said he’s down to 250 now and might drop a few more, and predicts a strong final 31 games.

I think Amare can't get any worse. He just lost his brother for god sake.... so both physically and mentally he's not quite there yet. I'm not saying he'll return to being dominant, but at least wait for him to raise his value before screaming to trade him. The only trade we'd be able to get right now is a package of horrible contracts.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

yes i do think differently, as bad as Amare has played this season i think alot of you are under rating his value, Put amare on a team where he's not surrounded by another star who needs the ball in his hands and Amare is capable of dropping 20+ any given night.

The Magic have Inquired about Amare

Even the Sixers who were clearly in better shape then us at the time, Inquired about Amare, even though he was playing like crap.

david Lee is nice and all, but what sets him aside from Stat is he's not capable of demanding double teams , he's not as explosive he's not a guy you can say "here the ball get me some late 4th quarter points"

Same with the sixers there lacking a go to guy, you may think thats not a big deal but come playoff time when the defense is locking down your players, who do you turn to? how far will you go?

I think the warriors would take a Amare for Lee swap any day.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
yes i do think differently, as bad as Amare has played this season i think alot of you are under rating his value, Put amare on a team where he's not surrounded by another star who needs the ball in his hands and Amare is capable of dropping 20+ any given night.

The Magic have Inquired about Amare

Even the Sixers who were clearly in better shape then us at the time, Inquired about Amare, even though he was playing like crap.

david Lee is nice and all, but what sets him aside from Stat is he's not capable of demanding double teams , he's not as explosive he's not a guy you can say "here the ball get me some late 4th quarter points"

Same with the sixers there lacking a go to guy, you may think thats not a big deal but come playoff time when the defense is locking down your players, who do you turn to? how far will you go?

I think the warriors would take a Amare for Lee swap any day.

I am not underestimating Amare.....I am glad we have him.
BUT
Lee at 11 million and Amare at 20 million ?????? come on,,,,,,,
Not too sure either about Amare's double teams....lately he seems to find a way to run into players as opposed to them finding him

skisloper

Starter
I hate to keep repeating myself, but a lot of posters keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Trade a player when he's at his worst and go crazy over how much you love a guy who is on a hot streak and overvalue him.

That is not how you build a good team. Think of the stock market. If you guys played stocks like you want to build our team, you all would be dead broke. Sell low and buy high.... yeah that makes a lot of sense. I'm glad most of us are not GMs.

Stoudamire Quote from AP;

I think Amare can't get any worse. He just lost his brother for god sake.... so both physically and mentally he's not quite there yet. I'm not saying he'll return to being dominant, but at least wait for him to raise his value before screaming to trade him. The only trade we'd be able to get right now is a package of horrible contracts.

right now no need to make any trades....we are fine just the way we are

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
It would be so stupid to make a trade now that this is finally complete with everyone healthy at once and almost a full week to have a mini training camp.