Tyson Chandler. Big Man. Shoots 90%. Drops 20 & 17. We Win!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree that we need more interior offense. Really, we do. I said at the start of the season, this team will win via the vanguard. As we saw tonight against Biyombo, we'll get STAT to the line that much more often, and his jump shot will benefit from more of an interior role. His baseline post up spin move draws fouls. His low post explosiveness needs to be utilized against opponents that are better than Biyombo, Ty Thomas and Diop. Especially now that he's 260 pounds. Drawing fouls on opponent bigs the likes of Chicago's, Orlando's, Atlanta's, Boston's and Philly's is huge for us as we pursue a top 5 seed. I named majority East teams as we'll be facing them almost exclusively in this shortened season.

It was good to see Ty Chan do well, but he was matched against Byron Mullens. A lot of injured players for the Bobshats, too.

Tonight's inside dominance, I don't think, is too much to get excited about. It was a gimme. But you're right, Red, a reliable interior offense is a very necessary addition to this perimeter system. We're too predictable, and good defenses [currently ANY defense] can pick us like a dirty nose.

The real story of the night was Anthony.

Regarding Melo's career low, we need to run this dude some baseline screens and get him his shot back with open looks. If we're going to run a clear out for him, let's get that within 12 feet of the basket, and install an inside~outside offense through his spot up + passing ability. This should have been implemented a week after his trade. I'm still irate that the adjustments aren't made to maximize Melo's, and of course others', skill sets through their tendencies, bar, naturally, Steve Novak.

His passing tonight was excellent - very glad to see that he's looking for Fields on cuts; evidenced by tonight's baseline assist under the basket for a Fields lay-in. Also, Melo's shot selection tonight was pretty solid, IMO. I think he had a good game, and was humble. I can't watch him turn his lip up in disgust at everyone else anymore.

He's very lazy off the ball, so again, let's orchestrate something that forces him to relocate and get a good look. Make him work to get shots for the team. High %, non ball-stopping looks. No more passive 'I'll just wait for the ball to come to me and score' laziness. That shit got old against the Bucks 1st game after the trade.