• Your Upset or Frustrated About Not Contending This Season

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Your Ok With Waiting To Progress And Not Contending This Season

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

la2ny

Starter
I've been seeing an influx of comments from some posters saying most of the 2010 joinees on KO are "bandwagon" Knick fans. Ok, so with that logic these "bandwagon" fans wanted to jump on a mediocre playoff teams bandwagon?
Have you once considered that maybe they never knew about the website until this year, or that they just followed w/o posting? I'll be the first to admit yes you d get those that came because of Amar'e,but even if they did shouldn't they be taught about the team with our knowledge so they will no longer be "bandwagon" or "fairwater" fans.

Now on to the real point of the thread.

The Knicks and their fans suffered 2 consecutive years, after the hirings of Donnie Walsh and Mike D'antoni, of "tanking" or "blowing it up" for what?
To see the Knicks once again become "elite", a "dominate" team, a "powerhouse" like The Celtics, Lakers, and in past instances The Philadelphia 76ers have pretty much been thoughout history.

The media in 2008, thanks in large part to his play and actions, pretty much put LeBron James in a Knicks uniform without a contract. Fans arrived at home games whenever LeBron came to town pretty much bending over for "The King" to shove his royal penis in their asses for 2 years. Completely destroying the team they were supposed to love. All the loosing, it became natural, mainlt from all the years before. All the embarassment, from the drubbing at the hands of the Celtics, to the "Dream Week" for wrong reasons.
We pretty much became, "Clippers East".

Summer of 2010, the summer of hope, of change, of once again layin claim to what rightfully belonged in New York, The East and The NBA Championship. The stars were aligned, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, Johnson, Boozer and many more. But wait, what did we forget? We lost so much for so long it was almost certain our luck was to change to new heights and why wouldn't anyone want to leap at the chance to become a legend resurrecting the team in "The Greatest City in The World".
After one of the best players in world decided to help why not anyone else, it's a great opportunity. But, one after the other they all went seperate ways accept for the few who knew their "talents" together would destroy everything in it's path. So the Knicks for all the bad luck and fortune had once again lost all luck accept for the lone star. The Knicks would not be the "Elite" team we expected and accepted 2 seasons of crap worse than the seasons prior. So why accept it? Because we are Knicks fans and what can you do. But hope sprung eternal and this team are on their way to the playoffs.

Do we become elite after this year? Do we settle for being better than the last decade but floundering out in the 1st and 2nd round of the Playoffs?

Are you Upset that we aren't getting what we endured so much pain for?

Are you just happy the team is better than years past, believe they will turn into a powerhouse, and aren't making a deal out of not contending this year?

elcol

Rotation player
dont worry too much about the KO.com veterans whining about us 2010ers, we all have our reasons. those guys are just cranky. i got into basketball 2 years ago and eventually started watching knicks games, after that i was a dedicated fan and i started checking the forums for knicks news and trade rumors. i decided to join because theres no point in being a lurker.

people are gonna bandwagon no matter what but its easy to tell because <strike>i am</strike> they are usually the ones who say stupid shit..we might as well live with that. a fans a fan right.

:gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
We become elite when teams have to worry about Amar'e and [insert versatile, consistent player here].

We saw last night that the Magic still gave STAT tons of respect even when Chandler was going off, plus Chandler also missed as many timely shots as he hit. I'm not saying he didn't put on a valiant effort...but you can't miss a shot that would cut the lead to...let's say 7, give up a basket, then hit a shot to bring the deficit to 9.

When Amar'e went to the bench the offense floundered. Just like there's a difference between a 20 & 10 game by Amar'e and a 20 & 10 game from D Lee, it's the same thing with 28 points from Chandler and 28 points from another 6'8'' forward who's name I won't use in this post. We need another impactful scorer on this team who can work in tandem with Amar'e and keep the offense going should he get in foul trouble.

So no...I can be patient and wait until this team is more complete before I get upset about not being "elite" yet. But I will get a little pissed off when Bill Walker gets some tick ahead of Randolph (6 fouls to give) or Moz (another 6 fouls to give) while Dwight ****ing Howard continues to have his way around the rim because our essential offensive players can't get into foul trouble...but yet are supposed to what...stop him? slow him down?

la2ny

Starter
We become elite when teams have to worry about Amar'e and [insert versatile, consistent player here].

Just like there's a difference between a 20 & 10 game by Amar'e and a 20 & 10 game from D Lee, it's the same thing with 28 points from Chandler and 28 points from another 6'8'' forward who's name I won't use in this post.
lmao at the name we do not speak of.

But I know what your saying it hurts to watch sometimes

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't get why people care if people register here for Amar'e. Not everybody even has a team. As long as they're being respectful, what does it matter?

la2ny

Starter
I don't get why people care if people register here for Amar'e. Not everybody even has a team. As long as they're being respectful, what does it matter?
I honestly dont know.

It's like because your join date predates mines it makes you special somehow? SMH it's irratating like we weren't being tortured when all the loosing and off the court crap was happening through the beginning to mid 2000's.

dont worry too much about the KO.com veterans whining about us 2010ers, we all have our reasons. those guys are just cranky. i got into basketball 2 years ago and eventually started watching knicks games, after that i was a dedicated fan and i started checking the forums for knicks news and trade rumors. i decided to join because theres no point in being a lurker.

people are gonna bandwagon no matter what but its easy to tell because <strike>i am</strike> they are usually the ones who say stupid shit..we might as well live with that. a fans a fan right.

:gony:

I'm not worried about these youngsters. I used to go to NBA.com for years. I wanted to vent with some fellow Knick fans. But I could never find a message board. I'm also a Met fan. Difference is when you go to MLB.com they have message boards for all their teams. I found this board by luck this past summer, and I'm here to stay. So get used to it...

elcol

Rotation player
hey im just as new as you man but its just the old guys can't take high influx of new members and sometimes us new guys are just assholes and sometimes the veterans of the forum got an ego to protect

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think one of the reasons is they don't want to be looked at as bandwagon fans either, such as if you posted something on facebook about the Knicks or whatever, which I can relate to, but no reason to not welcome the new members.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I've been seeing an influx of comments from some posters saying most of the 2010 joinees on KO are "bandwagon" Knick fans. Ok, so with that logic these "bandwagon" fans wanted to jump on a mediocre playoff teams bandwagon?
Have you once considered that maybe they never knew about the website until this year, or that they just followed w/o posting? I'll be the first to admit yes you d get those that came because of Amar'e,but even if they did shouldn't they be taught about the team with our knowledge so they will no longer be "bandwagon" or "fairwater" fans.

Now on to the real point of the thread.

The Knicks and their fans suffered 2 consecutive years, after the hirings of Donnie Walsh and Mike D'antoni, of "tanking" or "blowing it up" for what?
To see the Knicks once again become "elite", a "dominate" team, a "powerhouse" like The Celtics, Lakers, and in past instances The Philadelphia 76ers have pretty much been thoughout history.

The media in 2008, thanks in large part to his play and actions, pretty much put LeBron James in a Knicks uniform without a contract. Fans arrived at home games whenever LeBron came to town pretty much bending over for "The King" to shove his royal penis in their asses for 2 years. Completely destroying the team they were supposed to love. All the loosing, it became natural, mainlt from all the years before. All the embarassment, from the drubbing at the hands of the Celtics, to the "Dream Week" for wrong reasons.
We pretty much became, "Clippers East".

Summer of 2010, the summer of hope, of change, of once again layin claim to what rightfully belonged in New York, The East and The NBA Championship. The stars were aligned, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, Johnson, Boozer and many more. But wait, what did we forget? We lost so much for so long it was almost certain our luck was to change to new heights and why wouldn't anyone want to leap at the chance to become a legend resurrecting the team in "The Greatest City in The World".
After one of the best players in world decided to help why not anyone else, it's a great opportunity. But, one after the other they all went seperate ways accept for the few who knew their "talents" together would destroy everything in it's path. So the Knicks for all the bad luck and fortune had once again lost all luck accept for the lone star. The Knicks would not be the "Elite" team we expected and accepted 2 seasons of crap worse than the seasons prior. So why accept it? Because we are Knicks fans and what can you do. But hope sprung eternal and this team are on their way to the playoffs.

Do we become elite after this year? Do we settle for being better than the last decade but floundering out in the 1st and 2nd round of the Playoffs?

Are you Upset that we aren't getting what we endured so much pain for?

Are you just happy the team is better than years past, believe they will turn into a powerhouse, and aren't making a deal out of not contending this year?

I'm frustrated because you don't know how to spell, when to use capital letters, how to use punctuation and you just don't understand how to write in the English language. It is very frustrating to read.

It is also frustrating that every time you post I have to look at pictures of Eddy Curry and Glenn Davis and Zach Randolph and Ewing looking at Amare and a bunch of other crap over and over again.

Especially when you post the same unintelligible nonsense many time during the course of one thread.

la2ny

Starter
I'm frustrated because you don't know how to spell, when to use capital letters, how to use punctuation and you just don't understand how to write in the English language. It is very frustrating to read.

It is also frustrating that every time you post I have to look at pictures of Eddy Curry and Glenn Davis and Zach Randolph and Ewing looking at Amare and a bunch of other crap over and over again.

Especially when you post the same unintelligible nonsense many time during the course of one thread.
Yet this is coming from someone who never has anything knowledgable to say accept attacks at people.I don't see my English teacher around on this message board so stfu.

GTFOH and get a life.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Yet this is coming from someone who never has anything knowledgable to say accept attacks at people.I don't see my English teacher around on this message board so stfu.

GTFOH and get a life.

'Except' would be the proper term there, not 'accept.'

It has nothing to do with whether your English teacher is around. It has to with your inability to converse in written English. Your writing is so riddled with grammatical errors it is very heard to read.

Compounded with your ridiculous and inane opinions on basketball, you drag the level of conversation down by about 999 Zillion notches.

I won't be shutting up or 'leaving' despite you posting those acronyms.

la2ny

Starter

It has nothing to do with whether your English teacher is around. It has to DO with your inability to converse in written English. Your writing is so riddled with grammatical errors it is very heard to read.

Compounded with your ridiculous and inane opinions on basketball, you drag the level of conversation down by about 999 Zillion notches.

So I have to go back and proof read every speed post I make on KO for grammatical approval from you?

Why do you persist on reading my posts if they are so "riddled with grammatical errors" and it's so "very hard to read"?

Do you have nothing better to do than to help people spell, and correct punctuation?

Then you use a fictitious name for an unspecified, large number to describe me bringing down the "level of conversation".

Last edited:
You should always live like there is no tomorrow. You can't bank on the future because there will always be uncertainties. You are suppose to jump on the opportunites that come your way, being conservative has always hurt the Knicks. We should be called the Knickerbuilders or something to that effect. They always loose out due to speculations and unfortunate scenerios with players health. In the sports world...the time to win has always been NOW.

No one wants to pay/support a franchise that would rather tank seasons in hopes of getting something better later.

KingCharles34

All Star

It has nothing to do with whether your English teacher is around. It has to with your inability to converse in written English. Your writing is so riddled with grammatical errors it is very heard to read.

hmm.gif