We Now Need a Point Guard more than anything.

Who do think should start at POINT GUARD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
while i'm happy we got a defensive assistant, I'm not convinced Woodson is some defensive guru and to be honest, I dont like "Dantoni type guys". To me, that means he's a guy who lacks toughness, efficiency, defensive motivation and defensive IQ. Just cuz he played for Woodson (and I believe Atlanta's players gave up on Woodson during the playoff series when Orlando killed them 2 yrs back) doesn't mean he's a good pickup.

I'm just shocked people think he's bringing anything more than volume scoring and ball hogging, which we have enuff of, on the roster and in coachign philosophy.

AMEN :pray:

I think it's odd that everyone thinks JC will come in here, break his mould, and morph in to a prototype PG. He's played the same game all his career, and has become more of a perimeter shooter - certainly LESS of a playmaker. And did I read a reference to his 2 man game with Curry from 5-6 years back?:teeth:

And why are we offering our players for an unrestricted FA? To get under the cap so we can offer an 11 year veteran SG $5.6M to bring more offense to the NYK whilst, nonetheless, feigning to be a PG?

I've had enough of us loading up on offense, when it's plainly apparent that we're going to have to stop the likes of Rose, D Wil, Wade, Jennings, Rondo and so forth - NOT outshoot and out crossover them.

LeFlume

All Star
We need Tebow. All he does is win..I don't know how he does it but it doesen't matter, The Dude has direct link to Ghod..

CA7

Scoring Champ
The thing is we need a 2 guard set that compliments eachothers games

Rondo/Allen- Play great off eachother, Allen allows Rondo to penetrate better since teams cant help

Rose/Hamilton- They will have the same effect off eachother that Rondo/Allen have

Kobe/Fisher- They do it well also(haha), they know Kobe handles the rock, Fisher spots up and plays great off Kobe

I think Iman Shumpert should be our starting Point Guard in all honesty with the transition going from Fisher/Billups type guys to Rose/Westbrook type guys I feel Shumpert will be just as good as them if he's given the opportunity the best thing to do is to give him the help like Rose had his rookie year, I think they had Hinrich, Gordon and maybe Duhon, not sure about Duhon but he had some help to grow. With STAT and Melo he wont be asked to score and can begin to develop chemistry he has a great PG coach in D'Antoni and for our team its perfect with him starting our D and Chandler finishing it. The thing we need though is a veteran 2 guard who can knock down 3's a high rate so teams cant clog the lane.

If we could grab OJ Mayo to pair with Shumpert in the backcourt we'd have a great back court D, 2 high scoring Forwards, and a great C inside as our defensive anchor

Shumpert/Bibby/Vet PG pick up
Mayo/Fields
Anthony/Williams
Stoudemire/Jeffries
Chandler/Jordan/Harrelson

presumably we'd give up Douglas/Walker/Balkman/a 1st/cash some type of package around them

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
^^^ I agree is there anyway we can trade for OJ?

I know the Pacers are trying to put an offer together for him. I think OJ would be a great PG to let grow in this system with our 3,4,5

Also, it pisses me off to see that the Hawks are interested in Billups. I'm guessing they didn't want his 14mil salary but it would have been great to trade him for Crawford, just so we could keep the amnesty clause

Paul1355

All Star
Shumpert

I would say Douglas but i think Shumpert will impress people so much, he is a taller version of Douglas with a less polished shot and more athleticism and strength.

Shumpert can play PG if he has better court vision, which I think he has since Douglas has bad court vision. But i do have faith that Douglas will improve. he drastically improved his game from year 1 to year 2.

Evetually I see

Shumpert
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Get some championships....not 1, not 2, not 3

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks guards TD, Fields, Walker, and Shump are to young an inexperience
to be starters on the Knicks. Dont get me wrong they are some great decent
guards but.....when the Knicks lose 3 or more games in a row the super BIG-
EGO Dantoni, Amare, and Melo will play the blame-game with the media pointing at the young guards.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hate me for this.....

Past-Tense....the Knicks had a future young trio of star role-playin guards
in "TD, Fields, and Shump" under the tutorship of Billups for just a 66 game season.

Each one of the young trio guards (TD, Fields, Shump) showed great individual
defensive effort in their college performance. The Knicks drafting these young
defensive guards a season after each other was a blessing in diguise for a
defensive plan of developing this young trio to co-exist in a rotation (which
Billups could do in 66 games), then in 2012 offseason sign a pass-first PG.

I dont see TD, Fields, and Shump being to happy about playing individual-
defense at the expense of......
NO-Defense Melo,
No-Defense Amare,
and NO-Defense headcoach Dantoni....the 2 star players, and headcoach
will be calling all the shots in the Knicks 66 game season, while getting all the
media coverage, and credit for each Knicks win.

What some Knicks fans are in denial of is Dantoni, Amare, and Melo NEVER
played "Team-Defense" in their NBA career.

I love that people are so mad that chauncey is gone
and r looking to replace douglas and fields with bibby/crawford when the metrics
show billups cudnt guard a 3 day old french fry....

Look at Billups and Denver guards stats before the Melo-trade

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Hate me for this.....

Past-Tense....the Knicks had a future young trio of star role-playin guards
in "TD, Fields, and Shump" under the tutorship of Billups for just a 66 game season.

Each one of the young trio guards (TD, Fields, Shump) showed great individual
defensive effort in their college performance. The Knicks drafting these young
defensive guards a season after each other was a blessing in diguise for a
defensive plan of developing this young trio to co-exist in a rotation (which
Billups could do in 66 games), then in 2012 offseason sign a pass-first PG.

I dont see TD, Fields, and Shump being to happy about playing individual-
defense at the expense of......
NO-Defense Melo,
No-Defense Amare,
and NO-Defense headcoach Dantoni....the 2 star players, and headcoach
will be calling all the shots in the Knicks 66 game season, while getting all the
media coverage, and credit for each Knicks win.

What some Knicks fans are in denial of is Dantoni, Amare, and Melo NEVER
played "Team-Defense" in their NBA career.

Look at Billups and Denver guards stats before the Melo-trade

have to disagree with you on this one. Coming off winning a gold medal in the Olympics, Melo actually played "team defense" and helped lead the Nuggets to the WCF. The following year, Amar'e actually played decent defense under the guidance of Alvin Gentry.

Amar'e and Carmelo can play defense. They just need to be shown how it's properly done.

And regarding Chauncey, I think you need to move on man. He's not a Knick anymore and you just have to accept that. We got the 2nd best defensive C in return for him, so chill. :beer:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
With Barea signing, the Knicks are making a Strong push for Crawford.It starts again lol. I still want Davis

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
With Barea signing, the Knicks are making a Strong push for Crawford.It starts again lol. I still want Davis

With the signing of JJ Barea to the T-Wolves, I would assume that Luke Ridnour would be on the trading block since they have Ricky Rubio as well. I havn't really followed Ridnour the last couple of seasons and I dont have an opinion on him. Last season in 30 min he averaged 12 points and 6 assists. In our system I'm sure those numbers will go up.

*He's owed 12 million over the next three seasons.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
Defense, Defense!

All that i can say, is, from reading posts on this site, you guys must be the most beastly dudes on defense when playing pick-up games at the Y, str8 defensive Guru's, locking down the opposition, running up and down the court blocking shots, stealing balls, holding your man scoreless as you score at will, you guys seem to forget that the Celtics were not defensive juggernaut before K.G., nor were big Dirk and the Mavs known for defense before T. Chandler arrived, yet, both teams have rings, hopefully, the Knicks can get the vibe from Chandler and give better efforts as a TEAM, bashing on dudes who have been doing this all of their lives because YOU do not like how they defend is getting old, not everyone balling are good at everything, i am sure that they are trying, some of you act as if they are just standing around, waving guys through to the hoop. lets just see how this plays out, i am hyped to see what we can do, if T. Chandler can make people forget big Dirks lack of defense, [don't even kid yourselves, STAT plays better defense than dude], he could do wonders for this squad, if they were that much of a one-way players as some of you seem to believe, how in the hell did they get this far in their carreers and get those huge contracts? their are a bunch of guys who could shoot lights out, yet, because that was ALL that they could do, they are bagging groceries, Peace!:afro: