What do you think of Mike Brown as being our coach.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I like his resume. If the Cavs had a star like Amar'e with Lebron. They would have won a championship.

Hopefully he would keep someone on O'antoni's staff because the offense is very good with great ball movement.

Suns offense with Spurs Defense plus Big Shot STAT & Melo is a championship.

iJoe

Rotation player
Ugh.. Mike Brown is a pushover. He lost all my respect when he bent over and let Lebron do whatever he wanted.

If we do get another coach, we need one that will command respect and hold players accountable. With 2 stars, we need an even stronger coach and Mike Brown couldn't even control one.

I think Mike should go back to being an assistant.

I like his resume. If the Cavs had a star like Amar'e with Lebron. They would have won a championship.

Hopefully he would keep someone on O'antoni's staff because the offense is very good with great ball movement.

Suns offense with Spurs Defense plus Big Shot STAT & Melo is a championship.

Rather have Bill Laimbeer...

Yeah, and... If D'Antoni had Carmelo as his SF instead of the Matrix the Suns would have won a championship too.

Damn man... The Knicks have been a laughing stock for 10 years & on the verge of making the playoffs for the first time in what feels like forever; & fans are calling for a new coach? Hard to understand. Defense "wins" championships but so does offense & the Knicks have one of, if not the most productive offense in the league...under MDA.

This MDA hate is pathetic.

KingofNy

Starter
Firing Antoni and acquiring Jeff Van Gundy should be the Knicks top priority this off-season if we ever want a championship. The only way this will likely happen though is if we don't extend Donnie Walsh.

I have a feeling the reason Walsh hasn't received an extension yet from Dolan is because Walsh wants to keep Antoni while Dolan wants a new coach. If Walsh doesn't get the extension I will jump for joy because
IMO that means Antoni is going to be fired. Don't get me wrong, that joy could turn to fear if Dolan brings Isiah back which I doubt will happen unless Dolan wants the media and the fans on his @ss for a few years.

Honestly we don't need Antoni anymore. We already have the scorers we need to be successful on offense in any system. We need a coach with a true defensive philosophy/mindset/players to compliment our offensive players. For all you guys still sticking up for Antoni, come talk to me at the end of the season when we get destroyed in the first round and then tell me we don't need a defensive minded coach. Defense wins championships.

The Knicks were a great defensive team under Van Gundy but Van Gundy is overrated in my eyes. Pat was the man who made our defense what it was under Gundy & Pat was the man who gave Gundy those players.

Amare is not Ewing on defense.

Fields is not Starks.

Turiaf & Jeffries will never become Oakley & Mason.

Carmelo is no Anthony Smith on defense either. Not yet.

Getting rid of D'Antoni is not the freaking move to make. D'Antoni is an excellent coach and has an outstanding understanding of the offense. You know, the best offense in the NBA. The answer is to find a defensive guru as our assistant coach.

Simple as that.

Mike D'antoni is just going to waste all of the talent of this team.He's stupid,he's stubborn,and he's doesn't teach ANY defense.I really wish we got Scott Skiles instead of Mike D'antoni.

KingofNy

Starter
The Knicks were a great defensive team under Van Gundy but Van Gundy is overrated in my eyes. Pat was the man who made our defense what it was under Gundy & Pat was the man who gave Gundy those players.

Amare is not Ewing on defense.

Fields is not Starks.

Turiaf & Jeffries will never become Oakley & Mason.

Carmelo is no Anthony Smith on defense either. Not yet.

Getting rid of D'Antoni is not the freaking move to make. D'Antoni is an excellent coach and has an outstanding understanding of the offense. You know, the best offense in the NBA. The answer is to find a defensive guru as our assistant coach.

Simple as that.

We don't need Melo or Stat to be great defenders. We need to aquire and/or USE great defenders. Not quarantine them to the bench and then give them away for basically nothing because they have no value after being casted away to Antoni Island. This team will never get defenders or bigs with Antoni at the helm because defenders are afraid of coming here and never seeing the floor. We have to score a lot because we can't keep teams from scoring on us. You guys will change your stance after we get blown out in the first round because we have NO D.

I would pretty much take most coaches not named Antoni. JVG, Skiles, Ewing, Anthony, anyone.

I loved Van Gundy just like the next Knicks fan. He's an outstanding coach. He was blessed with an amazing team after Pat though. The players were already in place. He did his thing with the Houston, Sprewell, LJ & Camby era though. I'd love Van Gundy as our coach. But I'm willing to give D'Antoni another full offseason & a season playing with these starters before attacking the man.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Mike D also has infinitely more swag than Brown who kinda has that Bookman from Goodtimes feel to em.. :teeth::teeth:

Last edited:
Only a big time coach with both a good offense and defensive scheme will work good with these guys. I know D'antoni will have the offense humming, but he also seems to actually have them trying defensively. If he fails, Dolan will throw 15 per at Jackson to unretire

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Listen, the coach is doing a great job. He's obviously done what everyone wanted him to. We went from a 7 man rotation to a 10 man rotation... We went from scoring 120 points to 92. It's gunna take time for the adjustments to stick, but after seeing what the knicks did against the heat, hornets, and hawks... I wanna see if coach can keep this going.