Where do we go from here?

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Why is baron davis getting so much love on this thread? Guy hasnt proven a thing, never won and never will win. He was pretty good a decade ago, had a killer crossover but the dude is wack. T. Douglas hands down will outplay this guy at this point in time. I'm tired of the knicks taking on these have beens, davis is the exactly what steve francis was a few years ago.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Why is baron davis getting so much love on this thread? Guy hasnt proven a thing, never won and never will win. He was pretty good a decade ago, had a killer crossover but the dude is wack. T. Douglas hands down will outplay this guy at this point in time. I'm tired of the knicks taking on these have beens, davis is the exactly what steve francis was a few years ago.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

I have no love for the Davis idea either. He had Griffin and Jordan in the paint last year and still managed to underachieve.

Douglas, on the other hand, is not the right guy for the gig either, IMO. He's not the distributor that this team desperately needs. J Kidd would be the ideal at this stage.

Shump can't enter as PG either.

I mentioned previously, that under the current CBA's next 2 seasons, the luxury tax is still only at $1/$1. I might be having a brain fart, but I believe that our luxury tax payment with Billups still on board would be approx $3M.

Surely we should just keep him as a distributor and for his tutelage to our youngsters, no?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
And your point is? Davis has no business, and provides no benifit to this team. If both the clippers and cavs took a chance on this guy and he played mediocre he doesnt fit in the knicks plans.

He's a pass-first PG. He would be great for this team as long as he's not jackin up shots from everywhere. Plus, his defense is not bad either.

Baron Davis would be a very good option for us. The reason he is going to be amnestied is because he simply isn't able to perform up to his $14 million contract. After leaving the Clips he averaged 14/6 in 25 minutes while shooting better than 40% from beyond the arc. At the vet min or something close he would be a flat out steal.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
He's a pass-first PG. He would be great for this team as long as he's not jackin up shots from everywhere. Plus, his defense is not bad either.

I mean I hope I'm wrong and if he signs a one year deal hell maybe it will work out. But how many wins will this guy add if he is on our team? Is he a signficant impact if added to our roster? I used to be a fan of this guy as a player but as a team player and teaming up along side with stat and melo idk man and how will he fit in the system?

I like the sessions suggestions. A player I really like and saw glimpses of and I personally think can ball and flurish in our system is Goran Dragic. Guy played behind nash the last couple of seasons and has some swag behind his game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This guy is still a major talent he's one of those guys like Andre Miller, Chauncey Billups and Paul Pierce who dont rely on elite athleticism but gets the job done, I think if we get him at the minimum and Chandler J-Rich cant say no to the MLE I mean what other team give him a better opportunity to win and contribute than us, he'll be open all game if not STAT, Melo and B-Diddy will have one on one the entire game

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
themag_101115_BaronDavis_TerryKennedy_BackToTheFuturetwo.jpg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I mean I hope I'm wrong and if he signs a one year deal hell maybe it will work out. But how many wins will this guy add if he is on our team? Is he a signficant impact if added to our roster? I used to be a fan of this guy as a player but as a team player and teaming up along side with stat and melo idk man and how will he fit in the system?

I like the sessions suggestions. A player I really like and saw glimpses of and I personally think can ball and flurish in our system is Goran Dragic. Guy played behind nash the last couple of seasons and has some swag behind his game.

I think he will straighten up his act if the Knicks acquire him. To be a starting PG for a title contender will mean a lot to him. I once saw a video of him where he was saying that winning the championship is all that matters to him and all that shit.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I think he will straighten up his act if the Knicks acquire him. To be a starting PG for a title contender will mean a lot to him. I once saw a video of him where he was saying that winning the championship is all that matters to him and all that shit.

I hope I'm wrong brother. But seriously I know people may think I'm crazy but Goran Dragic would be a really nice fit for out team. I'm sure he learned a thing or two playing behind nash, but when he had his time to shine on the court he really showed signs potenital. Look at some of his videos on youtube.

Wargames

Starter
Beat me to it.

He got the Cavs some pretty big wins last season. Sure, they were far from the Playoffs, but he continued where he left off from the Clippers with Blake Griffin.

one of those was against us when i swear he whispered something in that females refs ear and got 3 charity line trips in 5 minutes after that.

Be warned this is painful to watch

This on the other hand may be the best player mix on youtube starting at the 1:13 mark

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I doubt B-Davis make sit thru the bidding process. Teams under the cap submit bids if they want, and whichever teams has the highest bid wins. Davis has no choice but to go there. Teams can bid anywhere from $1 to his full contract this year. The Cavs will then pay his full contract (tho it doesn't count against their cap) minus the amount of the bid.

I seriously wouldn't depend on Davis slipping thur the cracks.

The POST today mentioned how the Knicks are still enamored with undrafted rookie, 6"7' PG Julyan Stone (UTEP). There's reportedly mutual interest, although other teams covet his services. Lakers are one of them (and now that Paul trade was squashed... gulp).

Other than that... Knicks lost out on J-Tinsley, have no interest in Telflair.

Perhaps they trade Turiaf for a PG.

Perhaps Mike Bibby is an option.

Can't afford JJ B.

How about guys like TJ Ford, AC Law, Jason Williams?
Bring back AC?

I would guess Ford or Bibby is most likely.

Think Billups would redo contract. I know...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Actually we could afford JJB, don't know are his financial expectations, but we still have our MLE rights, he's been getting paid only $1.8M last season, so why not?

mafra

Legend
I think we might be able to trade Billups & Walker to DEN for Andre Miller.

- This will allow NYK to keep Turiaf, sign Shumpert & add another player or 2.
- DEN is starting Lawson anyway. Billups is better than Miller.
- MIller & Billups both have expiring deals.
- DEN has cap space.
- DEN does right by the local player, makes him part of org long term.

Heck, they can have Turiaf too if they want (especially if they lose NENE).

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
How many hours till free agency starts? It's gonna be December 10 here in a few minutes and I can't ****in' wait for the Chandler signing to fall through!:barf:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I noticed some people mentioning the MLE. Just as a reminder, if we amnesty Billups, the full MLE ($5 mil) will not be available to us. We will have the mini-MLE ($2.5 mil) at our disposal. That will be it. That and min vet deals (plus signing our rookies) from here on.

If we are somehow still able to sign-and-trade Billups for Chandler, the full MLE will be available. Plus we keep the amnesty for the future. But this option is looking less likely.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Well if B-Diddy passes through waivers, he needs to be signed.

Obviously need to trade Ronnie and possibly Billy Walker. Amnesty Chauncey.

Complete the Chandler deal.

Re-Sign Shawne Williams.

Get Wilson back or get a nice vet like Anthony Parker (the glue guy that every team needs)

Bring Jerome Jordan over.

Lineup:

C- Chandler
PF- STAT
SF- MELO
SG- Fields
PG- B-Diddy

6th:TD23
7th: Anthony Parker
8: Shumpert
9. S.Williams
10. Jerome Jordan