Which PG(s) should we go after?

and1

Rotation player
Believe me when i say it .. If Cuban's Mavs had selected Frank Nitty in the draft .. plus pay for the french coach in the SL game .. Frank would play every SL game for the Mavs.
Phil select Frank in draft, week later Phil is FIRED! Mismanagement!!!
If u were Frank agent would u tell him to play in the Knicks SL game without a contract?

And NO! i was not on board with Melo letting KP be the first second or 3rd option on offense.
KP has not prove to be a starter nor has KP earned playing time through his performance.

but he probably still would've banged his knee in france. and if cuban is willing to let his rookie PG play in SL with a banged up knee... well that's his problem. i sure as hell wouldn't want that.
can you imagine the uproar if we found out that this kid had a banged up knee, and instead of just letting him take care of it we forced him out on the court to play for... what? summer league?! and then he goes ahead and injures it some more?
come on, man. that would be much MUCH worse.

and1

Rotation player
Hoopshype literally just posted a link where it refers to continued interest between the Knicks and Rondo and how Rondo's mentorship was raved about in Sacramento and Chicago.

We need to trade or buyout Melo and make the cap space to sign Rondo. We need to give Ntilikina a fighting chance to develop into a real PG in this league. If your best "veteran PG mentor" is Ron Baker, you might as well just lay down and die.

mentor to who? MCW? grant? payne? how'd that work out?
don't get me wrong, i like rondo as a player. all i'm saying is... let the buyer beware. this dude brings baggage.

Kiyaman

Legend
mentor to who? MCW? grant? payne? how'd that work out?
don't get me wrong, i like rondo as a player. all i'm saying is... let the buyer beware. this dude brings baggage.

Rondo dont bring baggage .. Coaches trying to make Rondo into another type of PG has been problems.
When u let Rondo be Rondo like the Bulls did in the playoffs u win playoff series.
The Knicks signing Rondo to be the Knicks 2017-18 season starter PG is great tutorship for rookie Frank.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Pulling your leg RJ. They were talking about one of the rooks in SL saying he was 6 months old when Vince Carter played his first NBA game. Nate is the same age as Melo but he's not playing in the NBA again.
It's a shame considering that he had a pretty good career with big Playoff games and works so hard.

I'd take Carter as our PG. I'm concerned what this organization is doing. I'd love if Adam Silver/the NBA could do something if this gets worse.

Paul1355

All Star
Re-sign Rose? Baker? Go after somebody new?

Rondo for a 1-2 year deal..he's underrated and would have upset Boston if he didn't get hurt. Bulls were up 2-0 because of his ability to be a floor general on offense. I'm still surprised no body gave an offer..he can run the offense, start at pg and make all the young guys plays better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broadway

All Star
Rondo for a 1-2 year deal..he's underrated and would have upset Boston if he didn't get hurt. Bulls were up 2-0 because of his ability to be a floor general on offense. I'm still surprised no body gave an offer..he can run the offense, start at pg and make all the young guys plays better

I've always been a Rondo fan honestly, even when Knick fans killed him when he was in Boston...saying he was never all that good and only benefited from the Stars around him. Personally we should've kept our cap open for potentially signing him but understand although rumors had/have us linked to him we never showed strong interest in him. Personally I don't think he really wanted to come here and used us as leverage for a potential deal elsewhere. It's unfortunate he's got some of the bad rap but I'm sure he hasn't been an angel everywhere he's been

What I do find comical Knick fans will throw out bad history/red flags on a potential prospect not getting drafted by Knicks such as DSJ but will ignore all the checkered history of Rondo hoping he's signed as a free agent. Talk about hypocrisy.

Why did Doc Rivers refer to him as a headcase?

What about him getting kicked off the Mavs being sent home(a team he could've impacted positively in the postseason like Calderon did)? Heck Calderon almost near 40 got picked up before he did

How come Rondo got benched by the Bulls and then waived when they had no vet point guard to mentor their young crop of guards?

None of that concerns anyone because anytime our name is linked to whoever we may be interested in we try to cosign it as a gotta happen/right move to be made. Really confusing fan base at times.

Paul1355

All Star
I've always been a Rondo fan honestly, even when Knick fans killed him when he was in Boston...saying he was never all that good and only benefited from the Stars around him. Personally we should've kept our cap open for potentially signing him but understand although rumors had/have us linked to him we never showed strong interest in him. Personally I don't think he really wanted to come here and used us as leverage for a potential deal elsewhere. It's unfortunate he's got some of the bad rap but I'm sure he hasn't been an angel everywhere he's been

What I do find comical Knick fans will throw out bad history/red flags on a potential prospect not getting drafted by Knicks such as DSJ but will ignore all the checkered history of Rondo hoping he's signed as a free agent. Talk about hypocrisy.

What about him getting kicked off the Mavs being sent home(a team he could've impacted positively in the postseason like Calderon did)? Heck Calderon almost near 40 got picked up before he did

How come Rondo got benched by the Bulls and then waived when they had no vet point guard to mentor their young crop of guards?

None of that concerns anyone because anytime our name is linked to whoever we may be interested in we try to cosign it as a gotta happen/right move to be made. Really confusing fan base at times.

Doc rivers has been exposed as well as being so stubborn that he stopped a deal for Melo to keep his son Austin in clipper land plus chris paul didn't like him either...rondo was a bad egg with the mavs because rickcarlisle is a hardheaded coach they were too strong of personalities...with hornacek passive style rondo would be given rule of the offense it would be a good match unless rondo went AWOL

Broadway

All Star
Doc rivers has been exposed as well as being so stubborn that he stopped a deal for Melo to keep his son Austin in clipper land plus chris paul didn't like him either...rondo was a bad egg with the mavs because rickcarlisle is a hardheaded coach they were too strong of personalities...with hornacek passive style rondo would be given rule of the offense it would be a good match unless rondo went AWOL

It could work and then again it could be a disaster especially if we're not winning(we won't be) and the media tries to sink their teeth into him. Regardless you're giving Rondo the benefit of the doubt while deflecting blame elsewhere. Not that you didn't make valid points but needless to say there is a double standard here.

and1

Rotation player

gotta agree with this. how come the cavs picked up calderon instead of rondo? i don't want to hear about cap space because we all know gilbert is willing to pay extra for a good chance at success. it's kind of a red flag. how come no one else is seemingly all that interested in rondo? because they know what comes along with it.
and while we're on the subject... how many other players had the kind of problems rondo had with carlisle? has rondo ever played for a coach he didn't have problems with?
the dude's a good player, but we won't have anyone to keep him in check, especially if we trade melo. and even if we keep melo, he wouldn't bother trying to keep rondo in check anyway.

we're already a dysfunctional mess. last thing we need is circus potential for our wonderful NY sports media to feed on.
if we get rondo, fine, but get ready for an infuriating circus sideshow.

if mills was ever really interested in picking up a vet PG to mentor our younger guys then he blew it because there aren't many options left.
if he was never really interested in doing that, and still isn't interested in doing that, then picking up rondo is pointless, ESPECIALLY if the plan is to pick up a high draft pick next summer.

Paul1355

All Star
It could work and then again it could be a disaster especially if we're not winning(we won't be) and the media tries to sink their teeth into him. Regardless you're giving Rondo the benefit of the doubt while deflecting blame elsewhere. Not that you didn't make valid points but needless to say there is a double standard here.

We need vet pg and he is the best available that could actually make everyone better, Shelvin Mack is a decent scoring pg nothing more..either it's rondo or just role with the French kid

Broadway

All Star
We need vet pg and he is the best available that could actually make everyone better, Shelvin Mack is a decent scoring pg nothing more..either it's rondo or just role with the French kid

I can rock with Rondo but you have to calculate risks including winning slightly too many games in a yr we need to be bad again

Kiyaman

Legend
gotta agree with this. how come the cavs picked up calderon instead of rondo? i don't want to hear about cap space because we all know gilbert is willing to pay extra for a good chance at success. it's kind of a red flag. how come no one else is seemingly all that interested in rondo? because they know what comes along with it.
and while we're on the subject... how many other players had the kind of problems rondo had with carlisle? has rondo ever played for a coach he didn't have problems with?
the dude's a good player, but we won't have anyone to keep him in check, especially if we trade melo. and even if we keep melo, he wouldn't bother trying to keep rondo in check anyway.

we're already a dysfunctional mess. last thing we need is circus potential for our wonderful NY sports media to feed on.
if we get rondo, fine, but get ready for an infuriating circus sideshow.

if mills was ever really interested in picking up a vet PG to mentor our younger guys then he blew it because there aren't many options left.
if he was never really interested in doing that, and still isn't interested in doing that, then picking up rondo is pointless, ESPECIALLY if the plan is to pick up a high draft pick next summer.

The Cavs sign Calderon because he's cheaper and Calderon is more accurate shooting the 3-ball then Kover.
Plus Calderon needs someone to call the plays for him.
Rondo is not cheap, Rondo shoot inside 15 ft from basket, Rondo's a pass-first PG, that like to pass to players moving without the ball, plus Rondo like to call plays.
Coach Doc Rivers n Boston Big-3 taught Rondo how to take charge of a game n series.
If Rondo didnt get hurt in last season playoffs, Boston would not have gotten pass the first round.

Coach Rick Carlisle has had a bad habit of calling all the offensive-possession plays on the Detroit Pistons which got him fired, plus Rick started doing the same thing in Dallas which made Jason Kidd leave and sign on to the worst mismanagement team in the league (Knicks).

Rondo was not the scape-goat on the Mavs, nor was Rondo the scape-goat on the Kings, and last season it was Rondo's outspoken words that pulled the Bulls team back together to go on a 10-6 run to make the playoff when Butler started blaming Bulls teammates.

If Phil wanted to make the Knicks a winning team then Phil would have traded Tyson Chandler/Felton to Boston for Rondo.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Sacramento Kings became a winning team in the western conference from their offseason moves .... Not because the Kings grabbed two dynamic players out of the 2017 draft-class (Fox/Jackson).
The Kings went out and signed experience veterans FA (PG-Hill, F-Carter, F-Zach) to guide all their young players on the roster for the next 2 to 3 years.
Big-Body Zach Randolph will tutor Willie Cauley-Stein all the tricks in the paint to box-out n grab offense/defense rebounds.

Paul1355

All Star
Kings did a great job of snagging key vets, who can still contribute.....

Meanwhile we get young guys that could easily be bench players on most teams and promote them when they don't deserve it